Chapter 16

Central Court, NY………

“Judge, please, throw this ridiculous case out! There’s no charge to answer –My client made the art-work, not Mr Abrams!”

“And if MY client hadn’t thrown away his meal, there wouldn’t BE an artwork to quibble over! Mr Abrams clearly contributed to the work. He wants 50% of the profit, surely that isn’t too much to ask?”

The judge looked at both lawyers, and at the ‘so-called’ artist, the ‘art work’, and then she made up her mind, and said

“I’m going to let this one go the distance, I’m interested to see what the public think! The court will recess now – bring your cases to me ready for the ………26th of this month!” She banged down the gavel and everybody left.

“I thought you were certain it would be thrown out!” Angel hissed at Alan, his lawyer.

“Angel, you knew you’d more than likely have to fight this case, let it go, come on” Cordelia said, her hand on his arm. She’d just slipped her cell-phone back into her bag

“Come on, if we’re quick back to the airport, Dick said he can take us back as far as Salt Lake City, we can get a Greyhound Bus from there”

Angel nodded, and bless her, she didn’t even mention the shoes she wanted.

ooOOoo

“……Okay, I’ll have the Farmhouse Pâté to start, then the fillet steak Tournedos Rossini, with steak fries and a side salad please!” Buffy said closing her menu and handing it back to the waiter. William opened his menu, looked and said,

“Tournedos Rossini, let me see what…hmm, rounds of fillet steak served on a crouton, with a rich meat sauce containing red wine, shallots and smoked bacon, that all sounds good to me, make that twice” William said and handed his menu back too.

“Any wine, sir?”

“Shall we have a bottle of house red?” William asked, Buffy nodded and the waiter left

“I was thinking…are you packed, your clothes and stuff?”

“Yup, all except my wash-bag toiletries and what I’m going to wear tomorrow, why?”

“Well, I was thinking, if I take your cases back to my place tonight, you can check-out in the morning after breakfast with the minimum amount of fuss, and we can get to the beach early before the car-park fills up, they forecast a scorcher tomorrow”

“Okay, great! I’ll get a bag ready for the beach – that’s brilliant!” They grinned at each other.

“I’ve asked Mrs Appleton to make us up a picnic for the beach, she said she’d be glad to”

“That was nice…did you find a Frisbee?” Buffy asked grinning.

“I did, but don’t worry, there’s a beach shop that sells everything from buckets and spades to sun-loungers, from beach balls to surf boards!”

“Would you like to taste the wine sir?”

“No, I’m sure it will be okay, you can pour thanks” The waiter poured the drinks for them and Buffy spied their starters coming

William picked up his glass, and said,

“Well here’s to…”

“Us – here’s to us!” Buffy said boldly, ‘chinking’ William’s glass against hers. Williams face broke out into the most beautiful of smiles, he’s wanted to say that, but didn’t have the guts!

“Oh definitely, to us!” they drank the toast and their starters were laid before them

“Oh looks yummy!” Buffy said – she’d gone pink from her own boldness, but from William’s reaction, he didn’t mind at all – which was a great thing, because she knew, she was falling for him, fast!

ooOOoo

“Can you manage, I’ve got half of Oxford Street in that big case!” Buffy said as William struggled down the stairs of the Seaview hotel. He manoeuvred the cases out of the door and said,

“I’ll manage, saves me having to go to the gym, I’ll pick you up at 10 in the morning, or just before, I get the car at 9.30am” William said

“Okay, mind how you go!” Goodnight William” She gave him a kiss on the cheek as he was holding the cases and they were heavy. Half a bottle of red wine had given him the courage to say,

“Is that all I get to keep my strength up on the way home?”

Buffy grinned and planted a smacker on his lips

“Go, sooner you go, I can get to bed, then it’ll be morning!” William grinned and left saying,

“Night babe!”

ooOOoo

Morning dawned with the sun high in a clear blue sky, the seagulls were screeching, and Buffy was sitting in the resident’s lounge reading a newspaper waiting for William. She’d paid her bill and was waiting for William he was a little late, it was already 5 past 10…

Next thing there was a toot on the car horn outside, Buffy looked out and saw William getting out of the car.
She picked up her beach-bag, thanked Mrs Bellamy for a wonderful stay and went out to meet him. Mrs Bellamy watched them through the window and thought what a wonderful couple they made.


“Wow, you look Terrific, as usual!” William hugged her and gave her a light kiss. Buffy grinned, she was wearing a new blue sundress, it was light and floaty; and underneath to save time she was already wearing her bikini.

William was wearing cut-offs, and a sweatshirt, he looked really relaxed.

“I’ve got the car hired for 12 days, that should be long enough to get us out and about” Buffy nodded and got in. She put her bag on the back seat and then she buckled up.

“All set?”

“Sure am, I’ve been looking forward to this!”

“Me too!”

William parked right by the ‘Pay-and-Display’ ticket machine, Buffy got her bag from the back seat. William opened the boot (trunk) of the car and got the picnic box out and a rolled up blanket. They crossed the road hand in hand, and walked to the beach.

Buffy was wearing flip-flops, William took his shoes off. The sand felt warm beneath their feet, they chose a spot by some rocks, William spread out a tartan blanket. Buffy sat down, began to take her towel and lotion out of her bag. By the shadow he was casting, she could see he was stripping off.

She couldn’t resist looking up, just as he was taking off his sweat-shirt. ‘Oh wow’ she thought, the demin cut offs were tight, she could see a very big hefty bulge in the front, and she shivered deliciously. His physique was perfect, strong chest and shoulders, bulging biceps, and beautiful washboard abs. He obviously worked out and took care of himself… Buffy actually salivated, oh, how she longed to run her hands over those abs!

– You never know, offer the old sun cream… She too stood, reached around and undid the zip on her dress. It slipped to the blanket and she stepped out of it - and she looked sensational, just a series of taut, black triangles covering her modesty! William’s eyes nearly popped

“Wow, you look- wow - sensational” William said in all seriousness. Deciding to be bold, Buffy smiled looked up at him said,

“And the view from where I’m standing is sensational, too… Factor 10?” She took a bottle of lotion out of her beach-bag and held it out to him. Nodding, William knelt on the blanket.

Buffy flipped the lid, squirted some on his shoulders, rubbed it in down his arms too. She was standing behind him, worked more cream down his back. William was practically cross-eyed with pleasure, he bit his lip, and then he felt the sun on his back and knew she’d shifted around the front. He was SO glad that the cut offs he was wearing were tight! Lightly she worked the cream over his smooth chest and abs, she said,

“Here, hold out your hand, you can do your feet.” She squirted some into his palm. Then she began to cover herself in cream. William said,

”Shall I do your back for you?”

“Please” She passed him the bottle. She couldn’t help but let out a little groan of pleasure as his strong hands worked over her golden shoulder blades.

“Oh, that’s SO good, I have a knot sometimes…… you’ve really hit the spot!” Buffy’s head fell to one side, and William couldn’t resist kissing her neck. She caught a breath, again let out a little ‘ah’ and bit her lip.

To William, the sound was so erotic, her golden breasts looked…he swallowed, closed his eyes, blew air up his face, then he was confronted by the sight of her perfect twin golden globes of her bottom peeping over a tight black triangle of fabric. Buffy spied a Frisbee in the basket.

“Shall we, before it gets too crowded?” William nodded and smiled. Buffy flicked her wrist, threw it, and it floated gently across to him. They did this for a good ten minutes, then teasing, William said,

“Anyone ever tell you, you throw like a girl?” Grinning, Buffy threw it hard, and as he caught it, it came a little sharp in his hand.

“Ow!” He grinned waving his hand in the air, like he’d been caned!

“Serves you right, wuss!”

“Right, no holding back” He giggled, threw it hard at her, she caught it with effortless ease, and on the out ward swing of her arm threw it back, bullet fast. William jumped up to catch it, but it sailed over his head. Both laughing he turned ran to fetch it, picked it up ran up the beach back to where he’d been standing.

“Hmm, not big on throwing games, you Brits, are you?” Buffy teased.

“I’ll get you for that remark, Yank!” He threw the Frisbee high, but Buffy leapt up with cat-like grace, and caught it.

“Wow”

“Who are you calling names!” Will caught the Frisbee again, but kept hold of it, ran towards her, laughing. He began to tickle her, and she giggled, they both fell on the blanket laughing, Buffy had her knees bent, feet flat on the blanket. William kissed her. Buffy’s one leg slid straight, she gasped and writhed slightly, the little mewling sound she made had him full of desire.

“I, I um, I’d better stop that!” he sat back on his haunches, ran a hand through his hair. Buffy propped herself up on her elbows, one leg still bent, she tipped her glasses down her nose gave him a sexy smile, said

“Yes, you had, till we can be alone and more private” Her tongue slowly licked its way across her top lip.

Was that a promise? William had spent half the night awake just thinking what it was going to be like her living with him the next week or so – ‘please god don’t let me mess it up’ was a constant thought, the other constant thought was the sleeping arrangements…he decided that the only gentlemanly thing to do, was to give Buffy the bedroom with the proper bed, and he’d take the lounge with the pull out sofa-bed. There were plenty of sheets and pillows in the cupboard, along with another duvet and towels. Mrs Appleton said that he’d only got to ask if he wanted more.

Gradually the beach began to fill up, they watched the surfers coming in on high rollers, children playing cricket and football and toddlers being swathed in sun cream and paddling.

They sunbathed, read, chatted and then Buffy announced she was hungry.

“What’s the time?”

“Er…golly, it’s ten to one!” William said

“What’s in the picker-nic basket Boo-Boo?” Buffy did her ‘bad’ impression of Huckleberry Hound

“Er let me see…we have sandwiches of farmhouse cheddar with onion chutney, home cooked honey roast ham…fruit…crisps and some juice – oh and cake I think… yeah, chocolate cake! – Looks yummy!”

“Sounds it! I don’t know what’s got into me down here, I seem to be permanently hungry!!” Buffy took a bite of one of the sandwiches and scrunched up her shoulders. Before taking the next bite she said,

“What are we doing tonight?”

William smiled and said,

“Ah, tonight, well if you’ve no objections, I thought I’d cook for you”

Buffy’s brows rose and she smiled

“You cook? – Of course you cook, you told me you live on your own! – So what are we having”

“Well don’t expect anything fancy, just a roast chicken, and I’ve made up a bowl of salad and scrubbed some potatoes for baking”

“Wonderful! Do we have dessert?”

“Ah now pudding…only good little girls get pudding!” William said with a grin

“Oh…don’t say that! I’d planned on being quite naughty later!”

William caught a breath, and they both looked at each other for a second before collapsing in fits of giggles.