Chapter 10: Heat of the Moment

Lust- a yearning to gratify the senses; bodily appetite. Excessive sexual desire, seeking unrestrained gratification.



Spike slid her down his body, righting her once more. “There you are luv,” he purred, setting her beside the car.

“Thanks,” she whispered, already inserting the key into the lock.

His body pressed firmly against her back then, warm and soft, he shielded her from the rain.

Buffy paused for a moment, temporarily paralysed from the feel of his lower half melding perfectly to hers, their sopping jeans scrapping together roughly.

“Gonna let me inside pet?” he asked, voice raspy and low.

Yes, yes, yes, OH yes! “Yes,” she mewled, hands splaying out on the vehicles frame.

The sight of her, soaked through, arms outstretched, hair tangled, made him moan involuntarily. Bloody fucking hell. Regaining his composure he managed, “Then you best open the door luv.”

Huh? Oh right! “Yeah, of course,” she replied, blushing into the palm of her hand. She yanked the door free, dipping inside quickly. Leaning over she popped the passenger door unlocked.

“Thanks kitten,” he said a moment later, shutting the door with a loud crack, tossing their shoes he’d gathered into the back.

“Yeah,” Buffy mumbled, voice still shaky from their pervious encounter. Looking away she stripped off her dripping jacket.

Spike’s eyes zeroed in on the delicate lace trim of her blouse, which clung to her cleavage, damp from where her coat had not protected her from the elements.

Her cheeks flamed from the intensity of his gaze; unable to hold it she shied away.

The sight was too inviting, his hands moved of their own accord, drawn to the soaked blond strands now hugging her collarbone. Leaning in close, sucking in the thick electric air between them, his fingertips ghosted over the moistened skin brushing her hair back gently.

“Spike.” The heady whisper was full of want.

He answered it. Swallowing the remaining distance he was on her in a flash, lips meeting lips.

It was softer then she had expected, more restrained and deliberate then she was used to. The feel of him hovering there, his lips slowly melting into hers so sweetly made her insane with desire.

Her entire body tingling, coming alive at his touch, caused her to ache, made the sensation of his kiss almost unbearable. Needing more she parted her swollen lips just barely, ducking her tongue out she stole a quick taste of his bottom lip.

He moaned, deep and needy.

It set her off. Letting go completely, inhibitions long forgotten, her arms immediately struck out, curling around his neck. She drew him down, sucking that plump flesh into her waiting mouth she bit down, crushing herself into him.

Overcome by the feeling of her taking control, of wanting him so desperately, he squealed. Covering it up with another guttural moan the very next moment he answered her aggression eagerly. Taking her face in his hands he pulled her closer, hungry for more contact, more of her. Tongue sliding from his mouth he licked playfully at her.

They challenged each other like that, dominance swinging from one to the other, both lost in the heat of the moment.

Finally they broke apart, absolutely starved for oxygen.

“Fuck,” Spike panted, eyes unfocused, mouth reddened and raw, “Taste like a bloody dream you do.”

“Mmm.” He was already feathering light kisses along her jaw line by the time she made an attempt to reply. “Don’t stop.”

Spike nearly choked hearing her plea, doubling his ministrations the next beat. “Won’ stop luv, never. Never bloody stop.” His voice took on an air of urgency. “Won’ ever,” he licked up along her neck, “go. Won’ let ‘em”

“Mmm,” the pleasurable exclamation became a questioning, “Hmm?”

“Wha’?” He never slowed, worshiping her flesh with his mouth.

“What…” her voice wasn’t much more then a whisper, “what did you say?”

He nipped at her earlobe then, eliciting a tiny squeak from her. “Said I won’ ever stop kitten, never.” He traced her collarbone with his greedy tongue. “Taste too bloody good, so bloody delicious.”

Buffy’s eyes rolled back, her body betraying her now curious mind. “N-no,” she breathed, “a-after that.”

“Hmm?” His hands caressed her tender skin, sweeping low across her sides, down to her hips.

She jerked and fidgeted under the roaming touch. “B-before, you said,” she tried to pull away, to regain some form of composure, “said,” She repeated, “Spike stop.”

Although her request was still hushed and womanly, traces of desire clear, he stilled instantly. “Pet?”

She trained her eyes on his worried expression. “It’s just,” she began, trying to ease his nerves with a small smile, “before, you, you said, won’t let them.” The dark blue eyes staring back at her widened in shock. “Won’t let who do what Spike?”

You, mate, are royally fucked. “I-I… was kinda in the moment there luv,” he opted for most of the truth, “jus’ mumblin’ ‘bout how nobody or no thing could take me away.” His face softened. “As far as I’m concerned kitten, you’ll have to physically kick my sorry arse to the curb to get rid o’ me.” You, mate, are one fantastic bloody charmer.

Buffy arched a brow, a semi-sceptical expression marring her features. “Alright,” she drew out the word, “but I’m leaning more and more towards the idea that you are some kinda genetically engineered “Mr. Perfect” and that maybe, one of these days the government is gonna want you back.”

He choked, coughing and wheezing in front of her, forgetting for the moment how to actually breathe. Not as charming as you thought, right mate.

“Spike.” She reached out to pat his back, only to have him, startled by the gesture, jerk backwards suddenly, hitting his head on the window with a loud thwack. “SPIKE! My lord! Breathe man!”

He stilled, drawing in a long, much needed, breath through his nose. “S-sorry luv,” his voice was raspy and strained, “s-swallowed down the wrong pipe is all.” He gave his own chest a couple comforting pats.

“Well, try to remember that air goes into the lungs next time ok.” Buffy leaned in closer to him, absentmindedly straightening his now dishevelled and still wet shirt. “And that settle that.”

“Huh? Wha’?” He could barely concentrate with her hands grazing over his shoulders and chest.

“Well, you definitely aren’t from some secret agency or higher power,” He coughed a little again. “I doubt somebody genetically engineered and perfect would be such a complete spaz!”

“Oi!” He tried to protest, but her arms encircled his neck just then, silencing him.

“Don’t worry,” she hummed, lips ever so close to his own. “Perfect is overrated.” She allowed the briefest of kisses, purring from the feel of his breath tickling her flesh as she drew back once more. “But, you’re not much use to me or any special top secret facility dead. So lets work on the spaz thing, just a little k.”

Dead? Jesus fucking Chr-

She was kissing him again. Correction, she was devouring him again. One leg flung carelessly over the center console she was nearly straddling him, arms wrapped haphazardly around his neck, fingers digging into his hair.

-ist.

Spike grabbed her by the hips, instinct taking over. In one fluid motion he lifted he up and into his lap, moaning deeply when she landed squarely on his throbbing erection.

“Uhhn” He groaned out loud when she swivelled her hips. “Easy baby, gonna loose it real quick here if you’re not careful.”

“Mnah.” She answered. “Right, right, too fast.” She leaned back then, peering down at him with hooded eyes.

“N-no no luv, not too fast.” He thought for a second, panting heavily. “Just, well, ok yeah, too fast.”

“You’re right.” She kissed him quickly, only to adjust herself the next moment so she was sitting in his lap innocently, no longer straddling him. “Not like the passenger seat of a car on a first date is my all time sex fantasy.” She snorted.

Sex?” Spike’s voice was loud and high, surprise obvious. Holy fuck we were gonna have sex?

“Huh? What? You said you were going to loose it? What did you think was happening here?” She looked mortified.

“I-I mean, It was getting intense and as we’ve seen I don’ do real well with intense, tend to sputter and choke like a Nancy boy. That’s all I meant. It never occurred to me to have sex with you in a car!” He was in a daze, honesty flowing from his lips.

“Oh GOD!” She hid her face away, burring it in his chest. “You must think I’m a total ho! Buffy, the driver’s seat of a Honda, whore!”

He laughed. “Now, now kitten, I would never think that.” He petted her hair soothingly. “Technically we’re in the passenger seat.” He teased.

“Hey!” Buffy slapped his shoulder. “Not funny!” she was giggling now.

“Oi! No hittin’ you trollop!”

She smacked him again, harder. “It’s not funny,” she was full out laughing now. “I’m not usually like this!”

“Oh really?” he raised his brow. “What exactly are you usually like when around a devilishly handsome man pet?”

She gathered her breath, quieting her fit. “Oh… lately,” she sighed, “lately I… well I, haven’t been myself. “

Spike’s expression morphed into one of concern. “How so?”

“Haven’t exactly been ‘happy Buffy’ as of late, actually I can’t even remember the last time I laughed before I met you.” The corners of her mouth twisted into a small smile before she rested her head against his chest. “I lost my mom a little while back, it’s been hard you know. I’ve been withdrawn for so long that I guess I just let it all out today.” She looked up at him. “Temporary Buffy insanity won’t happen again.”

“Oh I don’ know pet? I kinda like this insanity,” he nuzzled her neck, “bloody sexy wha’ it is.”

She giggled once more. “Well you will have to settle for something in between. I feel like more myself then I have in ages, but jumping you on the first date was a little overzealous on my part. So don’t go getting your hopes up mister!”

“Hey! I wasn’t the one whose mind went straight down the gutter here luv! Need I remind you I was quite the gentleman?”

“Yeah you were.” She graced his bottom lip with a tiny kiss. “You’re not gay are you?” she mocked seriousness.

“Not bloody likely!” he shouted. “I’ll show you, you little minx!”

She lunged for the driver’s seat, trying desperately to flee, only to be scooped up into punishing arms. “Eep!”

He drew her flush against him. “Might not have been thinkin’ ‘bout goin’ all the way kitten, but I guarantee I was thinkin’ ‘bout horrible, naughty things. I’d be happy to show you exactly what I had in mind,” he sucked on her exposed neck,” if you’d like.”

“Uhhhh.” She breathed. “W-we better g-get back. Don’t want to be driving those roads at night.”

He froze. “Right.” He let go of her immediately. “Safety first.”

Buffy laughed. “You are such a baby!” she chided, crawling back over to her side of the vehicle.

“Am not!” he whined. “Havin’ a strong desire to, I don’ know pet, live, doesn’ exactly make me a bloody baby.”

“No, but you whining like that kinda does.”

“Oi!”

“Just kidding geez! Now hand me my shoes so we can get out of here.” She smiled.

“Your sandals m’ lady.” He winked, handing her the still damp shoes.

She drew her knees up to her chest, fastening the sandals to her sandy feet.

He watched as she fixed herself, brushing mussed hair from her face, buckling her seat belt. He sighed contentedly.

She paused once before twisting the key in the ignition. “Spike?”

“Luv?”

“Thanks.”

“For what pet?”

She blushed. “Well aside from the obvious, thanks for listening.”

His cheeks reddened slightly as well. “No worries Goldilocks. Was m’ pleasure.” He reached out, taking her closest hand from the wheel, kissing it lightly before replacing it.

Her mouth crooked to the side. “Buckle up.”

He wasted no time obeying. Damn right.

She squeezed his leg once before taking off, a broad smile on her face.

Looks like I was right ‘bout datin’ the bird. He smiled to himself. Might not be the best way to gain her trust huh? Looks to me like it was the perfect way to get the girl to open up. Just you wait Lyss, Spike’s comin’ home, and he’s got quite the story to tell.

He raised his arms up, placing his hands comfortable behind his head. “AH!” The sudden swerve of the car sent him grasping for stability. “Watch the bloody road woman!”

“There was a duck.” She offered indignantly.

“Screw the bloody duck! Hit the bloody duck! Jus’ keep it on the road!”

“I will not! It had little duckies!”

“Better them then us!”

We are fine.”

“Barely.”

“Next time you drive!”

“Fine!” Wait? Fuck.

~




*A/N: Finally another chapter! Hope it was worth the wait! Had to get back in the groove after my vacation, updates should be regular once more! Please let me know what you thought! It's been awhile and I'm dying to know what everyone thinks!*