Photobucket





Chapter 10:



Buffy shut the front door to her house and secured the lock with a snap. It was late, near midnight as she walked through the door. Her palm rested on the middle of the door as she leaned against it, trying to compose herself. She couldn’t believe what she just did. Was she crazy for calling that witch to converse with her, trying to find out the truth from someone that was a complete stranger to her—someone like Drusilla, Angel’s once in a while random lover and William’s abuser?

*******

Buffy thought it was unnecessary to beat around the bush when Drusilla stepped closer to her. ‘That’s far enough you bitch...’ Buffy thought as she eyed the earrings Angel picked out of the jar clipped into the black witch’s ears.

“Do you know how your husband feels about your party’s?”

“Mmmm…here because of your concern for him or are you mad because he didn’t sleep with you, that he wouldn’t touch you?” Drusilla smiled, “My William is a loyal fool, a fool in love with me.”

‘So she does know about the payoff....damn it William, she knows, she knows and doesn’t seem to care!’

”And I see you have taken that to your advantage.”

”Naughty naughty Buffy, you don’t get to judge me…you’ve known me for how long?”

”I don’t need time to spot out a dark haired she devil like you.” Buffy forgot all about Drusilla’s title at the company, this was personal, if this turned into fighting cavewoman style then so be it.

Drusilla narrowed her eyes, “Your husband seems to think differently. He calls me his ‘Dark Queen’.”

Buffy took in a steady breath, she wasn’t ready for that. She should have known better to be prepared for these types of comebacks when she called Drusilla here.

“Do you know that he made me come 5 times the other night?”

‘The way he moves I could barely get out one.’ Buffy thought to herself as she eyed Drusilla up and down, ‘Did this girl get fucked so many times by men that she doesn’t know what a real orgasm is anymore?’

“No snappy come back?” Drusilla asked after Buffy hadn’t said anything for a minute.

“You can’t hurt me Dru…I willing went to the party, remember?”

‘She couldn’t hurt me anymore than already am’ she remembered herself.

“I knew what I was getting into”, Buffy lied.

“You did?” Drusilla asked with a smirked and took a step closer to the blonde. “Funny…you seemed a bit upset when Angel picked my earring.”

“It was mere luck…” Buffy muttered, “He picked you, nothing I could do but accept it…” ‘Even though I know that wasn’t true.’ she admitted to herself, ‘You had your chance to stop him and you didn’t take it.’

“Buffy, Buffy, Buffy…you don’t have to put on your sunshine happy face for me…I know a bit more than you do at this moment in fact…no use hiding anything from me…”

Buffy let out a shaky breath, she didn’t like where this was going.

“What do you know?” Buffy muttered.

“I know more than you—“

“What?!!! ...do....you...know.” Buffy snapped at first, but managed to cool herself down after she took a few seconds to compose her anger.

Drusilla smiled, “You know, I’ve been vice president of the firm for 11 years…8 years over your husband Angel…8 years…OVER Angel, and a few times under him if he got lucky.”

It was like a freight train raced by, pounded through Buffy’s scull, and taking every thought out of her head completely. The only sound left inside her head was her subconscious screaming.


Buffy still could hear a buzzing sound in her ear from the shock she endured by just being told a simple statement. She wondered when the pain in her head would stop, when she would be able to think clearly again. Buffy knew for a fact that she wasn’t thinking clearly when she was with Drusilla, because no one in their stable state of mind would do what she did…

“I—I—“

Buffy couldn’t breathe evenly; it became hard all of a sudden to focus on the witch standing before her.

“It comes as a shock to you dear?” Drusilla smiled. Smiling evilly, looking at Buffy as if she was a desperate choking person that needed help and wasn’t receiving it. “He’s a naughty naught boy…best correct him…best—“

“I—I—I knew.” She blurted out.

“…pardon?” Drusilla narrowed her eyes in on Buffy.

“You think I’m stupid, of course I knew he was sleeping around…” she lied, and let out a sarcastic snort, trying to be convincing—trying her hardest to not let Drusilla get the satisfaction from the disbelief that she was experiencing.

“You knew?”

“Of course!! I knew all along! He goes and has his fun on the side while I go and have mine! You think I’m that stupid to not know what has been going on under my own roof?!"

Drusilla tilted her head, studying the petite. She still didn’t believe her.

“So, you knew that he brought random girls to my parties in London just so he could have a partner to switch with?” Drusilla pushed and eyed Buffy carefully.

Buffy didn’t blink; she was too empty now to show anymore emotions. “Sure, we sometimes split a box of condoms together. One for his fling, one for mine…”

‘Okay, going too far…she never would buy that.’ Buffy’s screaming subconscious finally stopped and decided to speak up.

“So, you wouldn’t mind if we had another party? This weekend?” Drusilla knew how to play hardball, the black haired swinger was now excited to throw Buffy a curve ball just to make her life a little bit more interesting.

“This weekend?”

“Why not Friday night?” Drusilla’s doe eyes narrowed. She was challenging the Buffy and Buffy knew it. “Unless…you have a reason—“

”Why not do it at my house?” the words were too quick for Buffy to stop them.

‘Stop, stop talking! Take it back! What, are you crazy?!’ her mind was screaming. But it was too late, Buffy’s mouth had a brain of its own.

“That would be…” Dru smirked, “delightful…”



******

Buffy climbed the steps with William’s folder clenched in her hand. ‘What did I get myself into? What did I get William into?’ she asked herself multiple times since she parted ways with Drusilla. Once she was on the top of the stairs she looked down the hallway and toward the master bedroom door. It was open and she could see Angel snoring away in there.

‘Bastard....you piece of shit…you scum bucket….’ Her mind started drilling up insults that she couldn’t say aloud.

She walked toward their bedroom slowly, looked at him one more time, and then turned into the guest bedroom and shut the door.



TBC....