Photobucket



Chapter 4:


After a few short words with Drusilla, Buffy was now getting the grand tour of the inside of Drusilla’s guest bathroom.

‘A swinger’s party, for real Buffy?’ she thought to herself, ‘Only your pea sized brain could think you’d be swing dancing…what is this, 1950?’

“Stupid, stupid, stupid…” she muttered to herself.

Things were starting to click from the party invite.

“Protection…” she rolled her eyes at herself when she finally got the full meaning of the word.

“Not protection from the weather if rains…or if you get hurt by someone maybe stepping on your foot during the dance…no, stupid…” she taunted herself aloud, “Protection for those pricks dicks!”

Buffy grabbed the side of the sink and squeezed until her knuckles turned white. When she looked up to see her reflection in the mirror, she couldn’t stop the tears even if she wanted to.

“I’m such a fool.”

A knock came from behind the door and then she heard Angel’s voice, “Buffy? You in there?”

“Yes…” she whispered.

“You okay?”

Buffy was far from okay. She didn’t know how to go out there and handle her husband. Does she go out there and start yelling at him for not being honest with her, tricking her into an evening of cheating without actually cheating because she was suppose to get her jollies too? But then again, how could she yell at him without it being revealed that she was completely stupid to think she was attending just a regular party.

“I’ll be right out.” She said softly.

*~*~*~*~*~

On the coffee table sat a glass fish bowl that contained what looked like earrings.

“Oh good, you’re back.” Drusilla said as she noticed Buffy walked into the room with wobbly legs and a slightly pale face. “We need one of your earrings Buffy.”

Buffy unclipped one of her mother’s pearl earrings and handed it over to Drusilla without a word. Angel came up behind her and whispered in her ear if she was alright. With a slight intake a breath, she shivered at the sound of his voice. Buffy took a step forward, away from his grasp, when he started to rub her lower back.

‘He wants to have sex with someone else.’ She reminded herself. ‘He’s GOING to have sex with someone else. That’s what we are here for….for sex….and in ten minutes it’s going to happen unless you say something.’

“Okay…who wants to go first?” Drusilla asked as she held up the bowl containing all of the dazzling earrings, “Fellas?”

“I’ll go.” Angel walked away from Buffy and up to Drusilla.

Buffy’s heart raced as his hand reached into the bowl and fished around through pearls, diamonds, and dangling earrings.

‘Stop him, stupid, stop him!!!’ her brain told her.

Angel picked out a black diamond stud earring. He turned around and looked from lady to lady until his eyes stopped on Dru.

“Well aren’t I the lucky one?” Dru smiled as she sat the bowl down on the table and linked her arm with Angel’s.

Buffy’s eye twitched and her manicured nails dug into the palms of her hands, looks like Drusilla Pratt was no different then Darla or Harmony, maybe even worse—she got her Angel without even trying.

“Excuse me.” She muttered and turned around on her heels as she went back to the bathroom.

*~~*~*~

“Your husband…is having sex with his boss right now.”

Saying the words out loud made the situation more real. Buffy tugged hard on the line of toilet paper, which was still connected to the scroll from across the bathroom, and started to blow her nose and dab her eyes. Her hair, which was clipped up in the beginning of the night, was now down and messy.

‘Poor Rosita…’ Buffy thought of her hairdresser, ‘She had done such a nice job too.’

Buffy felt that she needed a plan, some sort of idea of what to do now. She thought about setting up camp in the bathroom for the night and worrying about tomorrow when the time came.

‘Have everything I need…’ she thought, ‘Water…the basic necessities…’ she eyed the toilet, ‘And plenty of tissues.’

She tugged hard once again on the strand of toilet paper and bunched it up in her hands.

“All I need is some alcohol and I’ll be set.”

“Umm…hello?” there was a light knock on the door by a man with a British accent, “Miss…”

“Who is it?” her voice was shaky, weak, and broken.

“Are you alright love?” the man asked through the door.

“Just fine…perfect in fact…” she sobbed and laughed at the same time.

“Funny, you don’t seem that perfect at all.”

His voice was gentle and calm. Buffy would appreciate more if she were in a better mood. It was the kind of voice you listened to when bought those books on tape. However, she then remembered that he was one of ‘them’, a swinger from the party that is currently destroying her semi-nice life.

“Do you need anything?” he asked when he didn’t get a response.

‘Ya…’ she thought sarcastically, ‘I need my husband to not be having sex with that gothic chick…and some tequila.’

“I just want to be left alone...you can go, thanks though…” she said through the door.

“Umm…can you open the door for just a minute?”

“Why?” she sniffed.

“Just…just please open the door and I’ll leave you alone. I promise.”

With a sigh, Buffy got up off the cold tile floor that she was sitting on and unlocked the bathroom door.

“Hi…” he said with a shy smile.

He was dressed in black slacks and a red buttoned down shirt. His hair was brown and slightly curly. The cheekbones were to die for and so were his bright blue eyes. If Buffy were to guess his age she would have to say early to mid thirties, like her. She didn’t notice him at the party when she entered the house earlier when all the dickheads were drooling at her dress and long legs.

She decided not to answer his polite greeting; she was too numb and pissed off at everyone in this house to follow the rules of proper manners.

“I just wanted to return this.”

In his palm rested Buffy’s mother’s pearl earring for her to take. Buffy glanced down at it before looking up to meet his eyes.

‘That would mean…he’s my…’

“I’m William Pratt…”


TBC…….