Author's Chapter Notes:
x3tinkerbell07 betaed this chapter.

Chapter 17: A bit of Violence



“The question is no longer between violence and non-violence; it is between non-violence and non-existence.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Spike was chuckling and enjoying the fights. Vegas was hopping with action. They found a nest in the first cemetery they had found and the two of them dusted 10 vampires without a hitch.

Spike was so pumped that he and Buffy took on another cemetery. They actually found a few vampires feeding and were able to quickly dust them before the vampires even knew it. Apparently Vegas was not big on slaying and was instead a breeding ground for evil.

Buffy made a note in the back of her head to talk to Giles about it. Buffy grinned at Spike as they were walking past a Demon Bar. Spike opened the door to the bar for her and she walked in. Everyone stared at the visitors but Spike smoothly took a seat a table and as the waitress came, he ordered, “A blood tap for me and a diet coke for my lady.”

The waitress frowned not liking the fact that she was a human in a bar but she was such a little thing that she doubt any harm could come of it and besides she was with a vampire. Judging from the mark on her neck, she had been fed on so perhaps she was like a slave or pet of the vampire.

She shrugged filling the requested blood into a glass and putting it over the burner to heat it while she went and got a coke from the back cooler for the girl. She lifted the glass up with the holders and took it to the table asking, “Anything else?”

Spike looked at Buffy and she grinned and he asked, “Got any spicy buffalo wings?”

The lady blinked, “Yes. You eat wings?”

Spike shrugged, “If it tastes good why not.”

The lady nodded and disappeared.

Buffy whispered to Spike, “Can I kill something in here?”

Spike laughed, “Let’s get our wings first. I don’t want to be kicked out of here without filling up on blood and wings.”

Buffy laughed and sipped on her coke peering around at all the demons. Her vampire and demon senses were going haywire. She shuddered a bit uncomfortably and Spike reached across the table to join their scarred hands together.

She smiled at his gesture and felt her senses calming a bit. She studied Spike quietly as he looked around the bar. He was really sexy and handsome. He appeared dangerous and had a really dangerous possessive streak in him. That used to bother her so much but now it was endearing and almost sweet not that she would ever use that word around him to refer to his actions.

She looked at his dyed hair and shook her head remembering the time he had told her that Billy Idol had stolen the hairstyle from him. She actually could believe that. She looked at the duster that should disgust her but instead it was so much a part of him. It reminded her that he was indeed a vampire who needed blood to survive but he would never let anything harm her.

She sighed contently as she thought of how much her life has changed over the years. She went from a love sick puppy that followed after Angel until he had slept with her and almost ended the world, to a woman who refused to admit she had feelings of a vampire because she had been told by even Angel, that vampires can’t love. Dru had told her differently as did Darla and even Angel, it appeared only Angelus was unable to love. She was glad she had ended up with Spike and was really thankful towards her mother and Anya. They had changed her life for the better.

Spike looked at Buffy and cocked his head to the side and gave her that curious look that she recognized from the day he had brought a gun to kill her only to have found her in tears. He had instead tried to comfort her. She should have realized at that moment that they were meant to be.

She could think of no other enemy who would have forgotten their own horrible pain to help heal hers. He had sat down without a word even when she wouldn’t answer him and just sat until she had broken down and cried on his shoulder. He had earned some of her respect that night.

Her friends and family couldn’t relate to her the way she needed yet he could. He always could.

Finally Spike spoke up breaking the silence, “What are you thinking about Slayer? Sometimes I’d love to get into your mind and muddle around just to see what thought are hidden inside of there.”

Buffy smiled shyly saying, “I was just thinking of how much things had changed. I was remembering how I should have known we would end up together the time you came to shoot me with a gun after I had totally insulted you. You forgot your own pain to sit by me in my time of need. I have never had a friend or enemy do that since. You were willing to just let me be and be there for me in case I needed you. Thank you for that and for everything else you have done for me over the years even if I did act unappreciative at the time. You were and are my strength. I couldn’t have made it alive this far without you.”

Spike smiled and moved his second hand to rest on hers and whispered softly touched by her words, “Anytime, pet. Anytime.”

Just then the waitress brought over a hot tray of spicy buffalo wings. She didn’t say anything as they let go of each other’s hands for a moment to allow her to place the plate in the middle of the table. She eyed both of them and walked away not liking the fact they were still there. She smelled trouble and it was coming from them.

Buffy and Spike enjoyed their food. Buffy for once wasn’t afraid to get dirty around Spike. Spike reached over and used his napkin to wipe a little bit of sauce from her bottom lip and leaned over to place a kiss on it. Buffy smiled gratefully and picked up another wing to chow down.

Despite the fact they had already eaten dinner earlier, she was starved. It was all that sex and violence she figured that was burning those calories right off her. Buffy leaned over the table and asked, “We will still have time for violence after this right? I’ll need to work this off again.”

Spike laughed, “One more cemetery but then I want to use our hotel room that I’m paying top dollar for.”

Buffy grinned eating the second to the last wing. Spike took the last wing and waved the waitress over to the table for their check. She quickly handed it to them and took the cash Spike had laid out on the table to cover the bill and her tip and disappeared from sight. Spike reached over to wipe a bit more sauce off her cheek and Buffy stated swinging her hips a bit to get his attention, “Be right back, I want to go to the bathroom to wash up before we head out.”

Spike nodded and she disappeared.

The bathroom was busy for it being a demon bar. There were tons of demons everywhere and she wasn’t actually aware that some demons had to use the bathroom but apparently they did.

She found a stall and started to go the bathroom when one of the demons jumped into the stall with her stating, “Slayer!”

Buffy started to mumble trying to take a moment to finish going to the bathroom before pulling up her underwear. She didn’t really want to ruin her dress anymore than she had but she shrugged and said, “Can’t a slayer use the bathroom?”

The door to the stall flung open to reveal 3 more demons. They were pretty powerful looking and she grimaced thinking of how this was not going to be fun. With Spike by her side, this would have seemed like a walk in the park but he wasn’t there and she was alone. She kicked the demon in front of her back causing the others to fall and she tried to jump past them but the one caught her leg causing her to fall down and hit her head on the sink. She rolled over feeling her head and noticing a lot of blood on her hair. She tried to stand up but was really unsteady on her feet and the odds were a hurting slayer against 3 demons. These were not good odds but she had to at least try.

She steadied herself on the sink and kicked one of the demons and slammed it into the wall. The other two demons threw punches at her making her back further against the sink and bang against her hips.

She yelled out, “Ow, can’t you take turns like good demons should?”

They didn’t seem to listen and now all three demons were back to beating her up. She was losing badly and then she heard a familiar roar behind her and turned around to find a vamped out very angry Spike who was followed by three angry male demons. They were apparently the mates to the three female ones that were beating up Buffy.

Spike picked up Buffy and moved her to the side as he started to throw punches and kick all the demons he could see but they were still getting a few good hits in. Buffy saw this and got worried and decided to even the plane a bit by taking out the one female demon she could reach. She kicked her down and began to beat on her. Her head was so dizzy but she continued to hit her until she stopped moving.

Spike offered a hand while he punched another demon with the other and she was helped up to take his place while he twisted the neck off the demon on the ground. Buffy was holding her own pretty well but she was feeling very battered as she watched as Spike jumped on the back of another female and break her neck as well. Now the odds were two against four. Buffy felt a male demon get a good kick into her shin and yelled out in pain as she turned around as the female demon slammed her in the head.

She cried out again in pain and Spike jumped in quickly snapping the last female’s neck. He then kicked the 3 remaining demons and threw punches at them until one hit the wall knocking him out. Spike wasted no time thinking about him and spent his energy trying to do the same to these last two.

Suddenly a chair appeared out of nowhere and the two demons were knocked out before Spike could see what was happening.