Spike watched as the Slayer took a few drinks as he absently dealt cards. She actually looked like she had every intention of getting smashed. This was turning out to be one weird day, and that was saying something for him. He took another drink as she scooped up her stack, and gave a tiny smile of pleasure as he felt the first twinges of a healthy buzz kick in.

Buffy was looking at her five cards rather confusedly. “So, um, what’re we playing?”

“Poker.” He paused as her look of confusion was replaced by one of trepidation. “Uh, you do know how to play poker, right luv?”

“Sure!” She bit her lip and moved some of her cards around. “It’s basically like Yahtzee, but with cards, right?” She took another drink.

“Bloody hell.” He snorted, looking up at her. She was chewing on her lower lip, staring at her cards, and damn if she wasn’t cute like that. Spike figured that this was actually Buffy and not the Slayer; a shy girl, maybe a bit insecure. She looked like she was concentrating really, really hard, and he wondered if she was already on her way to drunkenness. He glanced at her glass; Bloody hell, it’s already half empty. “Would you rather play something more your speed pet? Like War? Or Go Fish?”

She bounced on the couch at that. “Go Fish? Can we? Yes! As the Slayer, I’m deciding we will play Go Fish.” She snatched his cards out of his hand and proceeded to reshuffle by spreading them around on the coffee table.

“Well then. Go Fish it is. Though I can’t rightly say I remember how to play.”

“That’s good, because you’ll probably cheat anyways so it’ll even out.” She flashed a 100 watt smile before dealing out the cards.

Buffy was feeling good. Now that she had drunk most of her glass, she was definitely feeling the alcohol. Her throat was tingling and the room was getting a little wobbly around the edges, and Spike was looking a little wobbly too. And kind of cute. No, kind of hot. Oh yeah, he’s hot. I’m drinking so I’m allowed to think that. Actually, he’s getting kind of dark too. Hmm. Can’t see him too well.

“Do you have any sevens.” Spike was thoroughly ashamed to be playing Go Fish with the Slayer. Bloody hell, if this got out in the demon world I’d be a dead man. Deader man. He glanced up when the Slayer didn’t respond, and flinched back a few inches. “Uh, Slayer, what’re you doing?” She was leaning in towards his face, eyes wide, very close. Holy shit, is she gonna kiss me? He froze, momentarily dumbfounded, the alcohol dulling his reaction time. She’s gonna kiss you, you git! Do something! Grab her and kiss her or punch her or something! His dick jumped in his jeans, letting it be known which option it wanted.

She started squinting. “Can’t see you. You’re all dark and stuff. Except for your hair. It’s like a spotlight.” Then she giggled. He looked funny, all confused and stuff.

Spike glanced around and realized it had gotten dark in the last few minutes since they sat down, and she was leaning into him to see better in her now semi-drunken state. Good thing you didn’t kiss her mate, she probably would’ve done something depraved in her drunken state. That thought set off a slew of fantasies involving Buffy, her stake, and himself all trussed up in compromising positions. He shook his head, trying to clear out some of the alcohol-induced sex fog. “Yeh pet, got dark.” He got up and lit the candles that were placed around the room. Wasn’t a lot of light, but at least she could see.

“Awww! Candles, how sweet!” She made her voice high and feminine. “Are you coming on to me, Spike?” She put on her best girly face: wide eyes, batting lashes, and soft lips. She giggled again, really feeling a full-on buzz now. Now that she knew Spike wanted her, this was far more fun than threatening him. She could torment him in an entirely new way.

Spike was standing by the window when she started in with the teasing. He stood there, staring, as she put on the full uber sex kitten show. He could tell it was an act by the devious glint in her eyes, but that didn’t stop his body from reacting to it. Besides, bint may not be ready to admit it, but some of that’s the truth. She wants it. But if she was gonna play games like this, he could too.

She put a finger up to her lip, arching her back and looking up at him through lowered lashes. “Whatsa matter? Is the great Big Bad actually at a loss for words?”

He smirked, and made a big show of sliding his hand down his chest to his belt. He paused, looked right at her, and watched her eyes get huge and wide as he slid his hand into his pants and adjusted himself. She quickly averted her eyes, and reached for her glass to take a drink, only it was empty. “I'm not coming anywhere yet, pet. And certainly not coming on to you.” He walked back over and sat back down on the couch, further away from her this time. “Besides. Hate to burst your little bubble, but you ain’t my type.” He finished off his glass.

Buffy made a very unladylike sound. “What? Whatever! You were practically on top of me in the kitchen earlier!”

“So? Can’t blame a bloke’s been cooped up so long. Lunge at anything that moves.” He refilled both their glasses. This was becoming right fun, twisting the Slayer’s own game around on her. He started redealing the cards, one each through the entire deck. Hopefully she’d forget they were playing Go Fish.

Her mouth fell open in aggravation. “Oh I get it. I’ve got a pulse and I’m not looney tunes so of course! You’re right, definitely not your type.” She hastily snapped up her cards as he dropped them in front of her.

“Aw pet what’s wrong? You sound a mite bit disappointed!” He did his best to look consoling. “Course, if it’s that important to you, I could think about giving you a go.” He straightened his stack of cards in his lap, hiding the now obvious bulge there. Wouldn’t do him any good to tease her like this if she saw the evidence with her own eyes.

“Puh-leeease!” She snatched up her glass and took a long drink. “Like I would ever want that!”

“Oh right. You’re all pristine. Like an ice princess. Or a cold fish. Forgot.”

“What! I am so not a cold fish!”

“So you do want it then?” He smirked at her.

“What? No!” She pulled out a card and squinted at it. Black. Clover. No, no, that’s not right. “What’s this called?” She held up the card for Spike. “And what are we playing?”

“That’s a card, luv. And we’re playing War. Think you can keep up with that?”

Duh! I know it’s a card! Stupid vampire. I meant the flower thingy.”

He snickered. She was getting right trashed. “That’s a club pet. Now you put yours down and I put mine down and then we see who wins.”

She snorted again. “I am not putting my anything down anywhere for you!”

“The card pet. Put your card down. Oi Slayer, think maybe you ought to slow down on the guzzling a bit?”

“You’re telling me to slow down? What’s wrong with you? Everyone’s gotta always tell the Slayer what to do.” She picked up her glass again, threatening to slosh the liquid out the sides as she gesticulated. “Go patrol. Go kill vamps. Go be your destiny. Go not have a life.” She took a swig. “Slow down, don’t drink.” She scrunched her face up as she tried to scowl at him.

“Easy there Slayer. Just meant at this rate you’ll pass out before the fun’s even started.” He gave her a suggestive look. “Which reminds me. What was it you were sayin’ before? That you did want it?”

“Ugh. Whatever.” She slapped her card down, nine of clubs. “Well?” She pointed at his cards.

He flipped a card. “Six of hearts. You win.” She started bouncing on the couch, clapping her hands like a little girl. And causing a great deal of liveliness in her apparently braless tank top, Spike noticed. She stopped and looked him square in the eyes, and pointed at his drink on the coffee table. “Drink.”

“What?”

“Drink. I won, you lost. So you drink.” She crossed her arms. “Don’t tell me the great William the Bloody doesn’t know how to play a drinking game.”

“Bloody hell luv. We are not playing War as a drinking game. We’ll both puke and pass out right quick.”

Buffy made a mewling sound. “Awww. Is the Big Bad scared he’ll get drunk under the table by a little woman?”

Spike groaned. She was clearly set on this. Fuck it. He took a drink. “Happy?”

She flashed the big smile again, and flipped another card as he flipped is. This time he won, and she pouted. “C’mon luv. Drink up.” He grinned at her as she sullenly took a drink.

Her face lit up. “I know! Let play with truth or dare rules!”

“How old are you pet? I mean, I know I’ve got 120 years on you, but…”

“No, It’ll be fun! When you win you get to pick if the loser has to drink or do a truth or dare!”

He rolled his eyes, but he was just drunk enough to think that might actually be fun. Maybe I can dare her to take on a nest of Granluf demons alone. Rid myself of her for good. He smirked. “All right Slayer.” He flipped a King, narrowly beating out her Queen. She pouted again.

He grinned at her, trying to decide if he should make her drink more or take a truth or dare. She’s already right sloshed. “So luv, want truth or dare?”