She groaned. God, anything Spike would ask her would probably be really perverted or disgusting, and any dare would likely end up with her in traction. At least I heal quick. “Dare.”

Spike smiled and took a minute staring off into the corner while he thought. This was just too good. Gotta take it easy at first though or she won’t want to keep playin’. His eyes travelled over to the kitchen, and he grinned. “Dare you to gobble up one of those squid you were eyein’ earlier.”

“What! No!”

“It's a dare pet. You lost, your rules.” He got up and walked to the kitchen, a little shocked that he was kind of unsteady. He went to the cupboard and took out the jar, and brought it back to the couch. He unscrewed the lid and held it out to her. She eyed it with a look of complete disgust. “What’sa matter luv? Thought you loved squid.” He grinned.

“Bastard. I just, I mean, I was just checking them earlier.” She scowled and realized she wasn’t going to get out of it without resorting to violence, and she did kind of want to keep playing. She reached a finger into the brine and got hold of something kind of stiff and slimy. “Oh, ugh.” She pulled it out, and without looking at it she popped it in her mouth and swallowed. Her face contorted into a look of extreme revulsion, and Spike laughed as he handed Buffy her drink to chase it with. She gulped it gratefully.

“Aw Slayer, I’m proud of you.” He laughed as he picked up his stack of cards again, swiping off the top card and flipping it down.

Buffy was doing her best not to vomit. That was disgusting. He’s gonna pay for that. She flipped her card, her Ace easily stomping his four. She grinned, and reverted to her sickly sweet voice. “Truth or dare?”

He thought for a second. What the hell. “Dare.”

She didn’t even pause. “Take a swig of that blood.”

“Oh like bloody hell I will. Stuff’s bad.”

“So was the squid.”

“Yeh but the squid wasn’t coagulated.”

She just crossed her arms and stood up, and strode into the kitchen to fetch the blood. She brought it back to the couch and looked into it. He was right, it was looking a little chunky. Too bad for him. She shrugged and held it out for him.

Spike glared at her. Bloody bint. She’s lucky I don’t tear her throat out and drink her blood. He grabbed the tub and tried not to smell it as he took a gulp.

He tried not to taste it either, but the sharp tang of it flooded his tongue as it slid down his throat, and he felt his face morph into a mass of ridges and fangs. Okay, so it wasn’t exactly good blood, but it was still blood damn it, and he was a vampire. A very hungry vampire, as he was now being brutally reminded. He felt the faint power of the dead blood surge into his lifeless veins, through his body and hardening his cock, and he tilted his head back, tensing the muscles in his neck. He reached out and blindly set the tub back on the coffee table, and brought his hand up to his face, his eyelids fluttering as he fought to regain control.

“Spike?” Buffy’s voice was quiet and held a trace of fear. Shit, I didn’t realize he was so hungry. And he’s drunk. Maybe the chip doesn’t work when he’s drunk? His eyes were now clamped shut, and she reached out and touched his knee lightly.

He jumped at the touch, and before he could stop himself he had grabbed her wrist and yanked her over his lap, her hip pressing into his hard cock. His eyes opened, and she found herself staring into the amber eyes of his demon, his hand a vise around her wrist. Her voice was a squeak. “Spike?” She twisted in his lap, trying to wrench herself free even as she felt fresh moisture surge into her panties. He growled as her efforts just ground her further into his dick. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, a faint smile appearing around his fangs, and Buffy realized with a jolt that he could smell her. Oh my god. In desperation she twisted herself free and fell back on her side of the couch. Hands shaking, she reached out for her glass and took a drink to avoid looking at Spike.

He was shaking. And hard. And he had the taste of blood in his mouth. He had abruptly let her go when she had twisted her wrist, realizing in a flash that he was moments away from simply taking her, either biting her or fucking her into the floor, or both. Probably both. Bloody miracle I didn’t, what’s she playing at, stupid bloody bint? He took a deep breath and felt his face shift back to human form. His dick was still hard and his balls ached. Gonna bloody burst if I don’t get in a good wank soon. He rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands. Need some blood too. Damn rotten pig’s blood’s soundin’ a mite bit good right now. He opened his eyes, feeling more in control, and took a drink of whiskey, its bite helping him to calm him down further.

Buffy watched as Spike got control of himself. What the hell was that? No, I know what that was. He almost bit me. Or did something else. She shifted in embarrassment as she remembered the look on his face when he had smelled her arousal. It had been raw, completely animalistic. And it turned me on. She shook her head, and immediately regretted it when she got dizzy. Oops. Still drunk. And wait, what? No! That so did not turn me on! She leaned forward and started reorganizing her cards that had gotten strewn about.

Spike finally turned his head and looked at Buffy as she scooped up her cards. Now what? You git, you just about had your way with her.

Buffy got her stack sorted. She cleared her throat, her voice a little louder than she expected. “So, whose turn is it?”

So she was going to pretend nothing happened. That was fine with Spike. Bloody preferable. What am I gonna say? Sorry you were stupid enough to give a starving vamp a taste of blood? Sorry you soaked your panties in my lap? He rolled his eyes. He knew he had been nearly out of control, but he also knew that this whole situation was dangerous and he was just as responsible for getting into it in the first place. Besides, you idiot, this was all your idea. Just don’t think about how her hot crotch felt against yours. He rubbed his eyes again, and took another drink.

He put his glass down, and his voice was a little scratchy as he responded to her question. “Ah, yeh, no turns pet, remember? Just throw your card.”

“Oh yeah.” She laughed a little. She was surprised that she wasn’t more uncomfortable. Maybe it was the alcohol, but being around Spike like this, even with the now undeniable sexual tension, was still fun. Kind of relaxing too, in a weird way, because he didn’t hold her up to some ridiculous standard. Takes a mortal enemy who’s constantly trying to kill me to get me to have fun. Go figure. She laughed again and threw a card, then reached over and took a drink.

He flipped his over. She won again, and opted to make him drink. They played a few more hands, each time making the other drink. She was winning most of them, but she was drunker than he was to start so it just served to even them out.

Spike was relaxing again. He really was having fun, and now that his dick had subsided to a vague throb he was feeling less twitchy. He looked up at her as she threw down another card, her grin bright as she beat him again. And she really seemed to be having fun. He was surprised that she hadn’t gone all Slayer on him and either staked him or flounced away, drunk but still virtuous. Not that he was complaining.

Buffy was definitely drunk. But it was a weird drunk, where she was dizzy and giggly but still pretty coherent. She was really enjoying making Spike drink over and over again. Sure, she had to take a drink herself a few times, but hey, that was the game.

She started vaguely pondering what had happened when he drank the blood. Wow, he looked crazed. And so hot, even all bumpy like that. She wondered absently as she took a drink if he would look at her like that if he bit her. He’s always going on about ripping my head off and bathing in my blood or whatever. I wonder if it’s because it’d be like that, all sexy and monstery. She flipped a card over and won again. “Truth or dare?” She grinned.

Spike groaned. Wonderful. We’re back on the dares. He figured that he’d better not give her another opportunity to do something stupid. “Truth.”

She kept grinning, not missing a beat. “Do you ever think about biting me?”

Shit. “’Course I bloody do. I tell you all the time. Stupid question.”

She rolled her eyes. “That’s not what I mean. I mean, do you ever, you know, think about biting me in a, I dunno, like not fatal way?” She immediately regretted asking the question as he just looked at her, and she started to feel a blush coming on. She covered it by taking another drink, and refilling their glasses.

Spike didn’t say anything. He watched her, the alcohol clouding his thoughts and confusing him. Is she asking if I want to bite her in a sexual way? Bloody hell, that is what she’s asking! Wait, why is she asking me that? Shit, what the hell am I gonna say? That I regularly wack off to thoughts of her blood spurting in my mouth as I shag her stupid and cum inside of her? Whoa, no, definitely don’t say that! But now she was looking at him, expectantly. Say something. “Yes.”

Buffy just gripped her glass. Before she had time to think further she asked another question, her voice quiet again. “What do you think about?”

Bloody hell! He felt his dick start to harden again. “That’s two questions pet. You only won one.” He picked up his drink, and looked at her over the brim as he drank. She was sitting there, eyes wide and a little red, her cheeks flushed. She pursed her lips.

He smiled at her, a dark, secret smile, as he flipped over another card. Her eyes widened further. “C’mon pet, turn your card.”

Buffy straightened in her cushion. Bastard! He’s gonna make me win it out of him? Whatever! I’m over it. I don’t want to know now. She flipped her card.

They looked at the two cards, his ten and her nine. “Hm. I believe you lose this one pet. Truth or dare?”

The devious tone in his voice made her nervous. And also a little curious. I am not eating squid again. Screw that. “Truth.”

He gave a small, dangerous smile, taking a moment to look into her eyes, making her more nervous. “Do you ever think about me biting you?” He twisted her own words back at her, and dropped his voice. “In a not fatal way?” He lifted a scarred eyebrow at her, making his meaning clear.

Buffy gasped. “What?”

“It's a fair question. You did ask me the same after all.” He was grinning at her now.

“Yeah but…” She stammered, and he leaned back on the couch, clearly unwilling to proceed until she answered his question. Oh God. Now what? Buffy was at a loss. She never would have admitted it before, even to herself, but she knew she had thought of it. The idea of being completely dominated by someone was not something she ever got to experience; she never got to be the damsel in distress. She was always, always stronger. And when she was up against someone who might be able to take her, she still managed to twist it around. The Master had killed her, but that didn’t take. Angelus might have been able to, but he was Angel and he had loved her, and when he had bit her it had scared her to death; all she had felt was fear and pain. And human guys weren’t even worth mentioning. But Spike, he was different. He was strong, just as strong as her. And he was all about domination and control; when he wanted something he wanted it in his gut and blood, and she imagined that if he were to bite her, it would be something beyond anything she had ever felt.

Buffy realized suddenly that not only had she thought about it, she wanted it. She wanted to feel him inside her in every way. It was dangerous, she knew, but somehow she also knew that Spike wouldn’t actually hurt her.

Spike watched her. Jesus, she was really thinking about it. He had expected her to just pop off with a “no” and be done with it. “Well pet? Ain’t askin’ you to solve world peace here.”

Buffy looked at him, wondering for the fiftieth time that day what was wrong with her. Must be the heat. And the alcohol. Yeah. He was thumbing the edges of his cards, making little flicking noises as he watched her with that half-smile on his face. Screw it. “Yes.”

Spike’s hands froze on the cards, and his smile disappeared. Buffy’s stomach dropped. Uh oh. God. He looks pissed, or something. What the hell?

Her face started to burn just as his smile reappeared, slow and sneaking. His voice was low. “Really.” Buffy shifted again and reached for her glass, but he leaned over and snatched it out of her reach before she could get it, never taking his eyes off of her. “Tell me pet, what do you think about?”