Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay here's where things begin to heat up...hope you like and keep the comments coming! They're really useful in helping me to write and get to know my audience xXx
We were tight, but it falls apart as silver turns to blue.

Waxing with the candlelight and burning just for you.

Allocate your sentiment and stick it in a box.

I’ve never been an extrovert, but I’m still breathing.




The next day she woke up and Spike had left her note.


Buffy,
Had to pop out, Dru wanted to meet up and talk about things again. Then I’ve got work. Won’t be in until around 1, so I’ll probably not see you until tomorrow.
Thanks again for letting me stay.
Luv Spike.



Buffy didn’t know why, but she didn’t like the idea of him going to see Dru. As far as she understood they had decided to separate and both agreed it was for the best, so she didn’t see what they had to talk about. Of course part of her was also relieved, because she was still feeling a bit weird about the night before and now she had time to forget it all before she next saw him.


She thought that he probably wouldn’t have time to get anything to eat if he was working late, so she decided that she’d cook for him. She would probably be up when he got in anyway, she wasn’t the early night type, and she wanted to do something to settle them in.


She went to all her classes, it was a very full day for her that day and she didn’t finish until 6, but afterwards she stopped by the store to pick up some stuff to cook for dinner. She wasn’t going to go crazy; he’d have to make do with pasta and a nice sauce. Her cooking repertoire still didn’t stretch very far.


She heard him come in just before 12; even though he was trying to be quiet she was only just next to the hallway.


“Hey.” she called from the kitchen.


“Hey.” he said coming in to see her. “Whatcha doing?” he said playfully.


“I thought I’d cook you a meal. You know, settle you in. Didn’t really do anything last night.” Apart from kiss… “So thought we’d do something tonight.”


“Thanks, pet.” he said pleasantly surprised.


Her breath caught as he moved up behind her and reached around to try and dip his finger in the sauce.


“EW! Wet!” she squealed out as his body pressed into hers and his rain-covered leather jacket touched her thin tank top and soaked it through.


“You’re such a girl sometimes, Buffy.” he replied backing up, not succeeding in getting any sauce anyway because she’d batted his hand away with the spoon she was holding.


“Shh you!” she said turning round. “You just sit down, and be quiet.”


“Yes m’am.” Spike returned, sitting down at the table and waiting.


They didn’t say much over dinner, just about the kind of day each of them had had, and then Buffy went to clear the table away.


“I’ll do it, pet.”


“No, its okay.”


He stopped her movements, and her wrist burned where he had touched it, ever so gently. She looked up at him. He moved round to her side of the table. “You did something for me, now let me do something for you.” He was serious, she looked down, a little embarrassed for a reason she didn’t understand fully. He smiled and went about putting all the dishes in the sink while she stood there awkwardly.


“Honestly Spike, leave it. I’m off all tomorrow. I’ll do the dishes then. It’s too late to be doing washing up.”


“Anything to avoid the dishes, maybe you haven’t changed at all.” he said sarcastically walking towards her. Her heartbeat increased rapidly as he got closer.


She tried to avoid him and went to squeeze past him, but her foot got caught on the leg of the chair in front of her. She tried to grab hold of Spike on her way, and ended up bringing him down to the floor with her, falling with a thud that knocked the wind out of both of them for a time.


They were laid there, tangled up in each other, Buffy’s side and ass hurt where she had fallen, but Spike wasn’t really hurt, since he’d landed on a Buffy-cushion.


“You always were clumsy, kitten.” he said, smirking then suddenly stopping, and just staring into her eyes.


Were his eyes always this blue? she thought. And why is he just staring at me?


Why am I just staring at her? he thought. Shouldn’t I be like, getting her off, I mean getting off her…What is wrong with me?


What is wrong with him? Why is he just laid on top of me? Why do I not want him to move? Why do I feel weird?


She’s like my sister, should it feel this good to be laid on top of her? Shouldn’t I want to get up? But my legs are like asleep or something.


Buffy’s eyes widened suddenly.


Ah, that’s not asleep, he thought. Spike immediately jumped up and off Buffy. He cleared his throat. “Erm…I’m off to bed, pet. See you tomorrow.”


Buffy was still laid on the floor. What the fuck was that? She blinked her eyes shut and tried to think, but her head was spinning. She was so confused and didn’t know where to begin. She had no idea what had happened, or why, so she decided to just get up and go to bed.


She stood up and walked over to the sink and then she heard the shower turn on, and her head cleared all of a sudden and she knew what had happened. She’d fallen over, dragged her stepbrother with her. They’d ended up on top of each other on the floor, and then…It’s a cold shower, she thought, oh God, that’s so wrong.


Suddenly she was being spun around and came face to face with Spike. He was clutching her shoulders as if he thought she was going somewhere, but she was lost in his eyes. He stared back at her for a few seconds before swooping in and kissing her, his lips attacking hers. At first she was so shocked she didn’t do anything, and then she started to push him away, but he wasn’t having any of it.


He kissed her harder, grabbing her hands and placing them at her sides to grip the kitchen counter. When she felt his tongue run along her bottom lip she just opened up for him, a totally natural reaction, and then she totally freaked out about it. He felt her tense and her hands move slightly, so he held tight to her wrists and didn’t let her stop him. He probed deeper with his tongue, his kisses making her dizzy. She felt again what she had felt earlier, his erection pressed into her thigh and that made her stomach do flips.


She was a dizzy, stomach flipping mess, and eventually when he moved to settle his erection in-between her legs she lost all sense. She started kissing him back with equal vigour, fighting him for control of the kiss. He was reassured now that she was in this, so when she tried to pull her hands away from his grasp this time, he let her. Her hands went to fist in his hair and his settled on her waist. She pulled him closer and he pulled her closer. He lifted her up onto the side and moved even further forward.


Buffy knew things were escalating too far now, if they had ever been anything but for the last 5 minutes. She tried to push him away, and he went to reach for hands once more, so she pushed again. Her protests were still gentle, because she knew it wasn’t just his fault things had gone so far, and so she didn’t really want to be too harsh. She tried to stop it one last time, turning her head, and just saying, “No.” after that he finally stopped and looked at her.


She was so beautiful, her lips swollen from where he had kissed them, and her chest rising and falling harshly as she tried to catch her breath. He was drunk on her; drunk enough that she managed to jump off the side and get passed him. She ran into her room and locked the door, leaving Spike in the kitchen, panting and confused, not only at her suddenly exit, but also at what he’d just done.


He didn’t go after her. He just went to his room, after turning off the shower that he’d never got into. He was too confused to go talk to her now and he knew she would be too. They’d have to talk about this eventually, talk about it together, but right now he had to go and think about what the hell he had just done.

And why.


With hindsight, I was more than blind. Lost without a clue.


Chapter End Notes:
I threw some luke warm fun in there for you all...will cool down for a few chapters before heating up again soon I promise!