Chapter Four.

I got to work late that morning, which made me irritable, plus it was Saturday. Tiredness and the fact that work was the last place I wanted to be after last night seemed to fuel it. All I wanted was to be at home, wrapped in up in the sheets on my bed with a huge grin on my face as I fell asleep. Instead I was in the elevator and about to step out into the chaos that is work. I must be crazy!

Greg, my boss, was a tall, lean man that was greying at the temples and had the face that showed signs of aging. It made him seem constantly angry. His jaw was set firm and when he saw me walk out of the elevator, he immediately bellowed for me. I breathed in deep through my nose, straightened my back and walked into his office.

"Shut the door, " he snapped.

Like I needed this right now? I was tired after the lack of sleep and the sexcapades, and muscles I'd forgotten I had, were now aching from it too. Greg sat behind his desk and templed his fingers under his chin. He just stared at me for what seemed an age.

"If this is because I'm late then go ahead, say what you have to say and then let me go do your job for you. "

I waited for him to say something and he smiled. It was unsettling.

"Actually I was going to thank you for the extra work you put in on the MacManus case. As for you being late, well, knowing you, there was a good reason, " ' yeah I was fucked into oblivion all night, I thought, ' "so I'll let it go, just don't let it become a habit. So, will you tell me or is it too personal? "

Think quick, god damn it ...... "My sister hadn't come home last night and my father rang to see if she was with me. When I said she wasn't, well, we went looking for her. "

"I trust you found her and all is well? "

"Yeah, turns out she thought she would go clubbing with friends. "

I could only mentally apologize to Dawn, I hated using excuses like this, but it isn't as if I could tell the truth is it? Well I probably could, Greg had a perverted side to his nature and he would have relished the story.

"All's well then? Right ... Back to business.... Did you get to work on the Blaine account done? "

Shit! "No, but I'll work on it today and through lunch and have the prospectus ready by end of play today. "

"Knew I could count on you Elisabeth. "

Of course he did, I knew his business better than him and did everything anyway. I was just about to make my exit and had my hand on the office door when he spoke up again.

"Can I suggest that you wear your hair down for now? The uh .. huge hickey on your neck is not very becoming when dealing with clients. "

"Sorry, I'll just go and uh.... "

I pointed towards my office and clumsily made my way out of his. "Crap, " I whispered to myself as I walked across the hall, while trying to feel my neck for the bruise. I rushed in through my office to the en-suite bathroom and looked in the mirror. It was huge and very purple. How had I not felt him give me this or noticed it as I got ready this morning? I loosened my hair and pulled it around my neck to hide the evidence of my passions from last night.

My day dragged. I looked at the clock on the wall frequently and only ended up getting frustrated. I was tired, that was a given, but nothing was going right. The MacManus case was a mess. Greg had nothing in place that made sense and MacManus had put in provisions that we could meet, but only if we made a loss. Of course it was because Greg had accepted the terms laid out by MacManus. It would be down to me to write a new prospectus and then hammer it out with MacManus. I'll probably loose the account and Greg won't be happy, but it would be his own fault. Not that he'd see it that way. Then I had Blaine on the phone, the man himself no less. Blaine wanted to know if he could come to the office to review the work that had been done to his account. How could I say no?

So now, not only was I working on the Blaine account to get it ready for the impromptu visit, but I had several things that I was, or had to do at the same time. My head was pounding! I managed to finish the Blaine prospectus, with only minutes to spare! As I closed the computer files and put the papers into a manila binder, the man himself walked through my office door.

"So you're who has been working hard on my account? " He asked

"Mr Blaine, how lovely to finally put a name to the face.Please sit down . "

We shook hands and he took the seat opposite me. He was a very large man. Tall, with broad shoulders, yet he didn't appear over weight. His suit was well cut and in a shade of navy, which seemed to compliment his black hair and blue eyes. His smile was genuine, not like some clients who only seem to put on a strained smile.

"I have heard nothing but glowing reports of your work here, so I'm very pleased that you're handling things for me. "

"Thank you for the praise but you may want to hold back until after you read the proposal, " I joked.

"Nonsense! If Greg has faith in you then I do too. "

"Well then, here is the proposal, with edits and your profits going back five years on a graph. The past profits are highlighted in black and what we expect your profits to be for the next five years are in grey. "

Blaine shuffled back and forth through pages and then looked up, smiling. I held my breath.

"This must have taken you hours. I'm no fool Miss Summers, I know that Greg isn't easy to work with or for. I also realize that you probably had to go over his mistakes and correct ... well possibly all of it. I admire your dedication. "

"Thank you and it wasn't that bad. " I said leaning forward and talking quieter than I had previously. He laughed just as quiet as I had talked.

"Well, I'm impressed. "

He handed me back the file and leaned back in his chair, one leg up on the other knee and one hand supporting his chin.

" There are still some points that need ironing out. Have you had lunch yet? "

"No, but I really do have a busy day Mr. Blaine. "

"Nonsense. " He seemed to like that word. "What kind of man would I be if I allowed you to miss lunch because you had to work on my account? What I suggest is a working lunch.Two birds, one stone. "

I was hungry and my body was crying out for some nourishment. Perhaps if I ate, I wouldn't feel so drained.

"Fine, you've persuaded me. "

"Good! Grab your coat and the file and I'll just say hello to Greg and tell him our plans. "

Blaine stood and walked out of the office without looking back. I began to pack a few things that I might need with me and sorted the file back out, tidying the pages that Blaine had looked at.When I had finished doing that, Blaine walked back into my office, grinning from ear to ear.

"What are you so happy about, " I asked through a smile

"I decided to take matters into my own hands and exaggerate the amount of work you have to do to get me to sign the contract"

"You did what? " I wasn't sure what he was playing at, but Greg wouldn't be happy that was for sure. I wasn't impressed myself. "Why would you do that? "

"You look beat, in need of some lunch and some rest. By saying what I've said, Greg has given in to my suggestion of a two hour lunch. Now, shall we get going or do you intend on wasting it by standing there glaring at me? "

He held the door open for me to pass him by. I was still unsure whether I should go or not. There was still the MacManus account to work on... Maybe if I ate quickly enough, I could make my excuses and get back within a hour. Last thing I needed today of all days, was to be working late at the office.

We walked through the lobby and out onto the street. Blaine hailed a cab and when one pulled over he held the door open for me, hopping in beside me and giving the driver the restaurant name. I'd never been to the restaurant as it was way out of my budget and I tried to not let it impress me. It did. I only hoped that it didn't show on my face.

"How long have you worked for Greg? " Blaine asked, snapping me out of my daze.

"About three years give or take. " I smiled at him and he nodded.

"I've actually been interested in your career for a while Miss..... "

"Call me Buffy ......"

"Buffy ....... , " he smiled again and carried on, " I'm sure that you can see that my firm is doing well, very well in fact. "

"It is, over the last six months your profits have risen ten fold. I don't see how this has anything to do with my career though. "

"Either you under value yourself or you are incredibly shrewd. "

Blaine looked out of the cab window and patted my knee to draw my attention to the fact that we were at the restaurant. He held his hand out for me as I stepped out and he guided me in through the door.

The Maitre De wore a well fitting suit and looked very ....... French. He smiled and escorted us to a table at the back of the room. I slipped my coat off and the Maitre De took it and Blaine's suit jacket, folding them with care over an arm while holding out two leather bound menu's with the other. He made it seem effortless, almost graceful. Funny how that thought crept into my mind. It wasn't the kind of thing I usually took note of. He gave a short, stiff nod and left us to choose our meal.

I opened the menu and glanced down the pages without actually absorbing anything. My mind hovered over the last part of the conversation with Blaine. Why would he watch my career? I had an idea why but I didn't want to focus on it. If he wanted to poach me from Greg and have me as his personal accountant, I'd let him put it out on the table. I was not about to get my hopes up. Don't get me wrong, Greg was fair, mostly, and I loved everyone that worked there. I was grateful and had a deep seated loyalty to Greg and his small company, but after running it for him without feeling appreciated. I would be a liar if I said I wasn't interested. It didn't mean I would take the job if it was offered. If that was what Blaine had meant by what was said a little earlier.Who knew. Maybe I was reading more into it than there was.

Blaine ordered his meal and when I looked up he was smirking at me. How long had he and the waiter been waiting for me to make my choice? Long enough to get Blaine's attention.

"Sorry... I'll have the scallops with herb risotto to start, followed by the tarragon chicken with the fresh garden salad, thanks. "

Blaine ordered the same , telling me it sounded good. The waiter nodded and left our table to get the wine that Blaine had ordered as well. I explained that I had a lot of work to do back at the office and refused a glass of the wine once the waiter bought it over to us.

"I assume you want to know why I am closing my account and why I said what I did? " At my nod he carried on, " You have a lot of potential Buffy. Potential that will be wasted if you stay with Greg. "

I frowned and took a sip of my iced water. I sat back and listened to his reasoning.

"Greg has you literally running his firm for him and handling the accounts of his major clients, one of those being me. You're spread too thinly and will exhaust yourself. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that would do to your career?. " I shook my head. "I want you to come and work for me. "

I raised my brows , "I thought that was what you were going to say and I'm flattered. I'm sure if I tell Greg that the work load is too much for me he'd hire someone else. He's not stupid, he knows that it would jeopardize his firm if I start making mistakes . That or he would fire me. "

"Hmm , I suppose you are right, Buffy, but what if you're not? How long will you let yourself be used like this? Will it take you a year? Six months? "

I didn't know how to respond so I didn't. I knew Blaine was right.

" Come and work for me. Give me six months, if you're not completely happy then I'll talk to Greg and you can have your old job back. I can't be any fairer than that, can I? "

I can't say that he could, but it was a huge risk on my part and none on his. There was no guarantee that Greg would take me back if I left. His firm might not even survive the six months without me. I know it sounds very vain of me to say that, but it was the truth. And Blaine knew it.

"Say I agree to take the job, what package are you offering? "

" What does Greg pay you now? "

" Twenty five a year plus bonuses. " I looked at him and saw his brow twitch upward.

"That is a pittance, Buffy, and you are still there? The man's lucky to still have you! "

I knew that , I didn't need him pointing out the obvious.

"I'll pay you forty a year , a four day week plus bonuses and I always provide a company vehicle. "

I wasn't sure I heard him correctly and froze, my drink half way to my mouth.

"Your offer is more than generous , " I placed my glass down on the table , " I'll have to think about it, I'm sure you understand. "

"Perfectly . Now, do you have those documents for me to sign? "

I lifted the file from it's resting place on the seat beside me and handed it to Blaine, a smile on my face as he took it.

"If there is anything in there that you're not happy with then we can amend it while we eat. "

"From what I have seen so far, I'm happy. If I wasn't, do you think I would be offering you a job? "

"No, I guess not. "

Blaine signed. No problems.

Lunch was nice, relaxing. I found Blaine to be a charming man and easy to get along with. We talked and laughed, finding that we had a lot in common, and when it came the time for me to return to work, I was sure that working for him would be a good career move. The car pulled up outside the office block and I stepped out, Blaine holding the door open.

"Thank you for lunch , it was great . " I said

"More than welcome Buffy, it was my pleasure. I hope I'll soon be hearing from you regarding the job offer? "

"Of course. I won't keep you waiting too long. I best go and appease Greg with your file and at least attempt to do some work this afternoon. "

Blaine smiled, his face lighting up again.

" Blame me if your concentration is a little lapse. I look forward to seeing you again soon, " he bent and laid a gentle kiss to my cheek before he walked briskly to his side of the car and got in.

The car pulled away and I stood watching, a little uncomfortable by the level of friendliness he had just shown, but wasn't going to over analyze it. I sighed and walked into the offices.

Greg was flustered. His face was beet red and I swore I could see steam escaping his ears. His eyes focussed on me and then narrowed.

"Well, nice you could join us again Summers. "

I shook my head and ignored him as best I could as I went into my office and put the folder on my desk before going to the other side to sit in my chair. He slammed the door hard and stood, hand on his hip his other ruffling his hair wildly.

"Blaine sign?"

"Yes.... All done."

"At least you managed to get something done today!"

I would have made some sharp comment back, but I really wasn't in the mood to be starting a stand up shouting match with Greg at that moment. I was past exhausted and after the lunch I had, I was full and at that point where sleep seems to close in on you and hug your subconscious, waiting for it's opportunity to claim you. I needed caffeine. Stat!

I got up and poured one from the coffee maker I had in my office and leaned back against the cabinet it sat upon.

"Look, I wasn't in the mood for a long lunch, but Blaine insisted and who was I to decline? He checked with you and you okayed it so don't stand there and make this my fault. Blaine signed, his account has been settled and you'll be a rich man by the weeks end. Now, if there is anything else?"

"Blaine's after something, I can tell. Did he ask you to go and work for him? "

"I won't lie, he did. I told him I wasn't sure and that I would let him know my answer soon, but I need time to think it over."

"You would seriously consider leaving here? "

"I don't know. He's offering me a huge pay rise with benefits, it's tempting. I know that you can't match what he is offering me so don't even try. "

"Then there is nothing left to be said. "

Greg got up and left me stood there wondering what the hell just happened. If I hadn't been so tired I would have analyzed it, but all I wanted was to go home and crawl under my covers and sleep for a week. Figuring my day wasn't going to get any better, I made the decision to go home now anyway. I rinsed my coffee cup and packed what I would need to finish the MacManus case into my briefcase. Once that was done I grabbed my jacket and turned off my office lights and walked out. Greg was sat at his desk, his feet up on the desk and staring out of his window. At that moment Blaine's offer seemed good, real good.

Once I got home I had a long hot shower to de-stress me and relax my tense muscles. That had made me feel instantly better, although the tiredness was still there. I was going to have to ring Faith about last night, but decided to put it off until later. Right now I wanted a large cup of coffee and some peace. As I ground the beans for my coffee, the phone rang. Internally I cringed at the obnoxious noise but answered after the fourth ring. It was Faith. I yawned as I asked how she was.

"Sounds like you had a rough night, sleepy head! "

"Not rough, it was very nice actually. " I answered.

"You took a guy home, go you! Was it the hotty you danced with? "

"Yes, okay. He was nice, it was nice. "

"Nice? Gee, bet he'd be thrilled with nice. " She laughed

"It was better than that but I know you. I say anything else and you'll start a proper interrogation! "

I put the ground coffee in the filter and turned the machine on while hugging the phone to my ear.

"Now I know it was good, so tell me all . "

"Faith, I'm not going to kiss and tell. Angel showed up, made an ass of himself. Mystery guy saw it, stepped in and then took me home. It was great, he was great and that's it. Anyway, I'm more interested in where you disappeared to? "

"Oh come on , it's not like that happens all the time and I know you saw me with that guy. When is Angel going to get the message and leave you alone?"

" I'm hoping that Spike might have helped give him some closure on that score. Did you take your guy to the party? "

"Yeah, you didn't miss much. Paul and I ..... Come on Blondie, you know that Angel is thick headed.I doubt it has, if anything it's probably made it worse. "

I really didn't want to admit it, but Faith was more than likely right. I glossed over what she had just said and asked, "Paul? "

"Yeah, the guy from last night. Paul and I just hijacked her bedroom all night. The usual crowd was there, they asked where you were by the way. You didn't miss much, it was very boring, hence the bedroom antics. She kicked us out at about four a.m. " She laughed.

"You're outrageous! Look I'm going to go and catch up on my sleep, " I yawned

"Oh no you don't! Not until I find out about mysterious hunk and whether you intend seeing him again or just used him to get your rocks off. "

"Saturday, " I told her quietly.

" Then I suggest we get together Monday after work so you can tell me how your date went. "

I laughed, she was such a gossip hound. Not that Faith went around telling everyone, so I didn't mind. It was good that I had someone to talk to.

"Okay, Monday it is. See ya Faith ."

"Bye , Blondie. Have fun! "

"You too, " I said with a laugh before hanging up.

I poured the freshly brewed coffee and stretched lazily as I walked into the bathroom . I started a deep, hot bath for myself and put the coffee on the side, ready for me to drink once I was in it. I could already feel the tension from the day slipping it's hold on me. Once the bath was full I turned off the faucets and slipped in, letting out a sigh as my shoulders relaxed, feeling the last stresses release from them. This is and always has been my favorite way to unwind before I go to bed.

I'd not been in the bath long when my phone rang. I was going to ignore it but whoever it was, was persistent. With a growl I got out and answered it. I expected it to be Faith again, perhaps trying to get me to go out again.

"Hello? "

"You sound sleepy, pet, " his voice purred. I smiled.

"I am, I was just in the bath though. You didn't wake me up. "

"Sound like perfect timing then, should I come over and join you? "

He had a very seductive tone to his voice. I almost said yes.

"I think we both know where that would lead and it wouldn't be a good nights sleep! "

" I might surprise you, love. "

I didn't answer, but he was weakening my resolve. I rolled my eyes as I looked in the mirror and brushed wet hair from my face.

"You're wondering if you should invite me over now aren't you? "

I smiled, "Yeah, yeah I am. "

"Have you eaten? I know this great place where you can get Cantonese and it's the best. I could grab some on my way over? "

"Now you're not playing fair, " I laughed.

"I don't when I want something. So, is that a yes then? "

"Okay, come over. But I need to sleep so no keeping me up all night. "

A sudden knock at my front door made me frown. It was rare that anyone came to my apartment without calling first.

"Hang on, someone has just knocked at my door. " I said as I made my way to it.

"Okay, pet. "

As I opened the door I pulled my huge towel around me tight and stood to the side, hiding most of my body behind the door. I smiled as I pulled the phone from my ear. He smiled, an almost shy smile but the twinkle in his eye told of his intent. It was sinful. He held up the brown take out bag and said, "Hungry? "

I held the door wide open and he stepped in, his eyes immediately falling on me stood in the towel, still wet from the bath. The take away bag was placed on the table in the hall as he crushed me against the wall, his lips attacking mine. He broke from the kiss first and hooked his fingers under the towel, loosening it and letting it fall to the floor.

He grinned at me wickedly before gently pinching a nipple and capturing me in a deep kiss again. His hands slid from my shoulders slowly gliding down my arms to my hips and pulled me in to his body. He groaned as my back arched, pushing me tighter against his groin. He was hard and I gasped as he pushed himself against me, grinding his erection into me. His lips left mine to kiss his way down my neck and collarbone, his teeth nibbling at my shoulder before he took my already hardened nipple into his hot, hot mouth. His hands ran up my back and over my shoulders holding me to tightly against him, I could feel every hard muscle, every curve of his body and it felt so good. I moaned as his teeth grazed the tight bud in his mouth, urging him on. His nails grazed down my back, he picked me up and carried me towards my room.

"The food? " I managed to get out in a lust filled whisper.

"Sod it, we can reheat. Only one thing I'm bloody hungry for now. "

He let me go and I fell back onto my bed and Spike fell over my body, seeking my lips with all the hunger he had. I clutched at his shirt wanting to pull apart the buttons and drag it from his body. I needed skin on skin, to feel his muscles move against me. I moaned my disapproval as he raised himself off of me and he stood at the end of the bed. He took his shirt off over his head without undoing the buttons. He unbuckled his belt while toe-ing off his shoes. I slid off the bed to stand nude before him and dropped to my knees , pulling his trousers off his hips as I did, exposing the tip of his cock. My face was level with his groin and I could see him swollen, trapped still in his trousers. I slid my hands behind him to grip his ass, making him groan as my nails bit into the cheeks there. I wanted to go slow, to not rush and to enjoy the build up. But seeing his beauty and his manhood in front of me, I wanted to jump him, to take him in my mouth and devour him. Never before had I felt such need, such want.

He stroked my hair and I looked back up at him. He watched me, asked me to take him into my mouth without words. I watched him as my mouth closed over the tip that showed above his trousers and I used my tongue to tease him. The look in his eyes bought a low sound from me , something akin to a growl. He hissed as I sucked harder.

"Don't stop, " he said , "Don't stop. "

I lowered the zip and pushed the barrier out of my way, Spike stepped out of his trousers leaving him bared, naked in front of me. I took him into my hand and his breath quickened. I pumped him once before rolling my tongue over the head and taking him back into my mouth. I drew more of him in and my free hand cupped his balls. Every touch, every lick seemed to cause him to moan or to hiss. I loved hearing his cries and whimpers as I feasted on him, every noise turned me on more and I was unbelievably wet. I wrapped my hand around the base and increased the depth and angle. His breath came faster and he quivered against me.

He stroked my cheek and cleared his throat as if he'd lost his voice. I looked up and met his eyes as his hands pulled at my arms .

"Up, " he said.

I released him from my mouth, "What? "

"Up. " He repeated.

He pulled me back to my feet and kissed me with a passion I had never had before, it was breathtaking. His mouth and tongue moved with mine in perfect sync. His hands slid down my spine, following the curve to my hips until his fingers found my thighs. He lifted me, with his hands still on my thighs and our mouths still locked in a heated kiss. He pressed me to his body, so hard and ready for me that it caused me to whimper and move against him.

Spike moved my lower body away from his and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders to steady myself. He kissed his way down my neck as one of his hands moved to my buttocks to support me while he used the other to position himself between my thighs. I reared back from his kiss and tried to say something but all I managed to say was "Spike " as he drove his hips upward. I gasped as he entered me and my head fell onto my arm that rested across his shoulders. He wasn't gentle or hesitant, it was exactly what I wanted and needed. Spike thrust back in and let out a sigh of his own as I tightened around him. His hands went back to my thighs as he pulled me onto him as he pushed himself inside me.

Spike started walking back towards the bed until he collapsed with me, still holding him to me. He stayed standing with me laid back on the bed. His hand ran down my thighs and pulled me back onto his cock, supporting me while he moved. He drew every inch out of my body slowly then he slammed himself back in and made me scream. It wasn't a scream of pain. His rhythm changed then, hard, fast and deep, as if he were losing control. I looked up into his eyes and cupped his cheek, bringing his attention back to me. His eyes were dark blue with lust and he leaned into my hand.

"So good .... so fucking wet for me, so tight. Feel so good, " he hissed.

I nodded, for words had escaped me as I felt the first stirrings of orgasm. He held my ankles and he kept up his pace. I felt my womb tighten around him and start to pulse. He beat his body against mine and gripped one of my shoulders so that he could get more leverage. I cried out as my orgasm hit and was lost in the sensations, feeling him swell within my body and pulse as he let out a howl of his own release. Spike fell forward and onto me as he struggled to catch his breath, his heart raced above mine. He scooted us up the bed without losing the connection between us, his partially erect cock still inside me. We laid like that for a while.The only sounds were our erratic breathing and the traffic outside .

"I need a drink, " I said when my breathing had returned to almost normal.

" I wouldn't say no either."

I slapped his arm gently, "You're going to have to move then. "

He moved to the side, sliding out of me slowly, and rolling onto his back. I looked down at him as I got off the bed and was surprised to see that he was still semi erect. I walked back to the entrance and grabbed the bag of food that he had bought with him and took it into the kitchen. I put it on the island and then opened the fridge.

"Juice okay? I haven't got much in at the moment. "

I was looking away when he walked around the corner and stood behind the fridge door.

"Juice is fine, " he answered as he watched me move around the kitchen to get the glasses and pour the drinks.

I passed him a glass and drank it fast, gulping it down to replenish my fluids. Spike did the same and put the glass beside the take out. He seemed jumpy, as if he felt uncomfortable now. Maybe it was me. As if I expected it as that was what I was used to. Spike walked back into the bedroom and then appeared in the kitchen holding his trousers. He reached into the pocket and drew out a crumpled packet.

"Mind if I....? " He held up a pack of cigarettes.

"Oh ... ah ..... " I motioned towards the balcony and smiled.

He stepped into his trousers, without doing them up and stepped out onto the balcony leaving the doors open. I started to unpack the food and placed each box into a bowl. After setting the microwave and getting the plates and cutlery together, Spike came back in looking calmer. He took a seat on one of the stools at the island and watched me as I sorted out the take out. When that was done and I had taken the stool next to him, we helped ourselves and ate what had to be the best Cantonese I had ever had.