Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you again for the reviews! Sorry to all those who think I'm evil for leaving the last chapter where I did ... I'll make it up to you in this one .... ;D
Chapter Seven.


I could do nothing but lay under Spike's dead weight and listen to the chaos that surrounded me. Women screamed, a man was asking if I was all right, sirens in the distance, getting closer and then someone talking into a radio. I knew it was Nathan and that he must have called in to dispatch. The static noise a radio makes sounded harsh and then I heard Nathan as he told them our position. Finally he knelt beside us. I was crying, too scared to move. Scared that the gunman was still out there, more scared that Spike had been hit. With the way he was slumped over me, trapping me between the cold hard cement and his body, I was sure of it.

"Are you hit, Buffy? " Nathan asked me.

" Spike? Get Spike off of me. I think he's been hit. Is he okay? Please, "

I tried to turn over, to see Spike's face, anything, so that I knew he was all right. Nathan helped move him carefully so that I could slide out from under him. Last thing on my mind was whether Nathan had managed to catch or shoot whoever had done this. Stupid of me really.

As I pulled my legs free, we heard a groan and a stream of curses. Spike raised his head to look at me, giving me the once over. Probably checking to make sure I had no bullet shaped holes. Satisfied that I was injury free, he swore again.

"Fuck! " He rolled onto his back and looked up at Nathan, "Please tell me you got the son of a bitch that did this? "

Nathan smiled. " He's in the back of the car, cuffed and going as wild as a tiger. "

"Least you did something right then, mate. " Spike coughed as he laughed and held out his hand. "Help me up. "

I stood with him and stared at him. I was so sure he had been hurt, shot and killed, and now I stood staring at him. His eyes met mine and he smiled.

"Take more than a bullet, love, " he said as if reading my mind. He opened his jacket and shirt before taking both off at once to inspect them. "Bollocks! These were my good ones too. "

I looked up at him again and watched as he poked two fingers through a hole in the back of the garments. He wore a white vest top and a kavlar vest over the top of that. Nathan was now looking at the back of said kavlar vest and whistled, poking at the hole.

"Ow! Sod off poking at it, it bloody hurts! "

"Stop being such a dick and let me check you out. "

"Ow!" Spike hissed as Nathan poked around again. " You're enjoying this, aren't you? "

"Just a bit." Nathan came and stood in front of Spike now, beside me.

"You're lucky you were wearing the vest. Whoever this guy is, he's good. If you were naked under your shirt, you'd be a goner. "

"Yeah well, enough already. "

Spike looked over his shoulder as the sirens blared, announcing that an ambulance and more police had arrived. As Spike turned I saw the hole that Nathan had been playing with. He was right, whoever had shot him was good. The bullet had hit the vest in the chest area. Without the vest, Spike would have been dead.

I was silent as I walked with both men to the ambulance, shock must have set in as I couldn't talk. I hadn't even asked Spike if he was okay.

As police officers and a paramedic asked me questions, I sat wide eyed and nodded or shook my head. Spike and Nathan had been taken to a different ambulance, I sat looking at the doors, waiting for someone to open them and tell me that I could go. I needed to see him, make sure that he was not hurt. I felt a sharpness in my arm followed by a stinging sensation. I looked at my arm as the medic pulled the needle from my arm, I looked up slowly in to his eyes and frowned.

"It's just a sedative to help relax you. It should help with the shock. You need to lie down now, Miss. "

I shook my head and tossed the blanket off my shoulders. I slid to the end of the gurney and made a bolt for the doors. I managed to get them open just as the medic caught me around the waist.

"Spike!... Spike! " I yelled as I fought against the sedative and the medics.

Spike heard me shout and pushed his medic off and hopped out of his ambulance. He was stood before me before I drew breath.

"Calm down, love. I'm here. Do as the good medic says now pet. "

The paramedic that had been looking after Spike, now appeared at his side. Spike got in to my ambulance and turned to tell the irate woman that he would ride in with me, that he was fine, apart from some bruising. His paramedic scowled at him as he reached out and closed the ambulance doors. My paramedic didn't look at all happy, but relieved that I was calm. Spike laid down on the gurney with me in his arms. I felt the ambulance begin to move and was soon feeling relaxed. The voices started to dim and fade as I closed my eyes and fell asleep.


Nathan pulled his car up at the rear of the precinct, just before the caged door that lead to the cells and booking desk. Chris, the cells 'bouncer' as they called him, was waiting. Chris was huge, stood six foot eight and just as wide, and took no shit from anyone. He also liked Spike, Spike had earned his respect, not just through the job, but because he had had the balls to go toe to toe with him on one occasion, and won. So when Chris had been informed of the 'shooting' and he'd learned who it was, Chris had made himself available to take in the asshole that had attempted to kill his best mate and his charge.

Chris walked, no, stalked to the car and pulled the door open. His big meaty hand grasped Angel's top and pulled him from the car as if he was nothing, hitting his head on the top of the door. It was no easy task, what with Angel being six foot and heavy framed himself. Angel wasn't fat, no, it was muscle, he looked like a guy you would avoid if he was pissed. Stood in the grasp of Chris though, he looked small in comparison.

Chris grinned, showing his tombstone smile, minus the tooth Spike had dislodged, that somehow looked just plain old mean.

"Before we go inside, lets get one thing sorted, mate , " he spat. "We don't like you. We make sure that blokes like you get a hard time while you're with us. "

Angel stared up at Chris, no fear, not intimidated in the least. Chris narrowed his eyes and snorted through his nose like a rampaging bull.

" We got just the cell mate for you tonight, think you and Cleaver should get on fine. "

Nathan looked up at Chris, worriedly. Chris just shook his head as if to say, ' don't say anything, it'll be fine. ' Nathan nodded in understanding and followed them in to the station. Angel never made a sound, never struggled out of Chris's hold. Nathan checked Angel in and handed over the evidence bag that contained the gun. Chris was then told to put him in the holding cell. Chris watched as sweat began to form on Angels brow and his breathing became fast and shallow. Oh yeah... the big man wasn't so tough now.

"Back away from the door, Cleaver, " Chris growled, knowing Cleaver would do as he was told.

He'd been a 'guest' of Chris's before and knew the big guy was trouble.

"Got you a new toy for the night. No marks on him, got it? "

"Yes boss. "

Chris nodded at Cleaver, threw Angel into the cell and turned to walk out. Angel stumbled and fell to his knees, his hands still cuffed behind his back. He struggled to his feet and ran at the fast closing cell door, slamming himself against it.

"You can't do this to me, " he yelled, his voice strong, "I have rights you know! "

Angel jumped when the observation window opened and Chris's mean eyes glared at him.

"I have a phone call and can ask for a lawyer. " He stated smugly.

"Only if I say you can. "

Chris gave that evil grin again and looked past Angel, making him turn and look over his shoulder. Angel whimpered.

"Night boys, have fun! " Chris said and walked away laughing.


I woke and groaned. My head felt like a giant marshmallow and my back ached. I tried to sit up but my stomach rebelled at that idea and I laid back down. Finally I opened my eyes and squinted them up to focus.

"Spike? Is that you? " I asked when I saw a shape in a chair beside me.

"Yeah, it's me. Welcome back to the world. " He sat on the edge of the bed and took my hand.


"I hate this world, it's all soft and mushy. " I pouted, much to his amusement. "Stop grinning at me. S'not funny. "

"You know how bloody adorable you look right now? "

"Pffttt. I'm sure I look a state, you're just being nice to me 'cos I broke your fall. "

He laughed quietly and then stroked some hair from my face.

"No, no pet that's not it at all. " I looked up at him, his eyes had softened.

We sat like that for a while, neither of us speaking until I got nervous.

"So, how are you? Any damage? " I said.

"Nope, I'm bruised but still in one piece.Told you love, takes more than a bullet to stop me. I'm just relieved that it hit me and not you. "

I smiled but knew that it wasn't reaching my eyes, he gave the same smile back.

"Buffy, I had a call from my boss. "

"Oh, " I said, "Does she want you off the case now? I wouldn't blame her. "

"No.. no, sweetheart. Quite the opposite in fact. What she called for was, well, they have Angel in custody. It was him, like we needed them to tell us that to know. "

I breathed a sigh of relief. It was over. Mostly.

"Thank god! "

"We still have to go through the courts and what not, but it should all be pretty much an open and shut case. "

"I just want it over with so we can get on with our lives. "

Spike stared at me. "About that..... "

I looked up at him and frowned briefly, he seemed edgy, nervous.

"The forensics have taken over your flat, doing what they do, so you can't go back there. Not until they finish anyway. We also want to make sure that it is Angel that ransacked the place. "

"Oh, " I said, "I thought that it was all over, they caught him and that would be the end. "

"No love. I thought you would still prefer staying with me rather than going into a hotel or safe house? "

I nodded.

"Right then, " he stood up and smoothed his hands down his jeans, as if he had been so nervous his hands had gotten wet. "I'll uh.. take your bag back to mine then. "

"My bag? "

"Yeah, the one you sorted just before the .. " he made a gun shape and mimicked the shooting. It made me wince. "Sorry. "

There was a long silence. I watched as Spike walked to the window and ran his hands through his hair, loosening the gel and letting his curls loose. I liked the look on him, especially the morning after or just after showering. I shook my head to clear those thoughts. Think dammit... and not about naked, wet, curly Spike. Say something!

"Any idea when I'm going to be released from here? "

He turned to face me and leaned on the window sill.

"Later today, if you eat well and keep it down. They're worried that you might have taken a knock to the head when I slammed into you. The docs can't see anything, but they're being cautious. "

My stomach did feel empty, but food was the last thing on my mind. Getting out of the hospital was incentive enough to make me want to eat though.

" I'm feeling a little hungry. Any chance you can get them to bring me something? "

He smiled a knowing smile.

"In a rush to get out of here, are we? " He smiled again when I nodded, "Fine, I'll go see what I can find for you. You just stay there and get your strength back. Want me to get you something other than that sexy hospital gown to wear while I'm at it? "

I looked down and pulled a face.

"It is rather gross, isn't it? I mean, huge floral? I look like a seventies curtain. Oh god! Please tell me my ass wasn't hanging out of the bed when you came in! "

He grinned evilly as he made his way to the door of the room and stopped, " Such a lovely peach, or so I heard the doctors saying. "

He left the room laughing. I pouted.


Angel huddled against the far wall in the cell, his face puffy and his left eye was swollen shut. Cleaver sat on the bolted down bench, smirking. Chris had heard the distinct sounds of flesh hitting flesh and Angels cries of pain, and yet, he couldn't seem to care. When it had gone quiet, Chris had gotten up from his post and checked up on the inmates. Chris had been checking his knuckles, sat on the bench, his trousers undone. Angel laid on the floor, staring up at the ceiling, his face a mess and his lower half nude. Now that he had been taught a lesson, Angel would be put in a private cell, with a warning that he should keep his mouth shut, or risk getting put with Cleaver again.

Spike returned an hour later, apologizing for the wait. In his arms were a small bundle of clothes and a brown paper bag. He put the bag on the trolley and put the clothes on the end of the bed. I was sat up now and felt a lot better than I had.

"Sorry I took so long, had to go out and get you something decent to eat. I saw the food here and.. " He shuddered .... " No way was you eating that. Mind you, it's probably better than the crap you feed yourself. "

"It's not that bad! "

He just raised a brow.

"I got you some jeans and a little flimsy blouse thing, " he waved his hand around, "I also sorted out a little set to go under it . "

His tongue played across his teeth and I couldn't take my eyes off him.

"Will you need a hand getting into them? "

"Stop! God, you are such a sleaze! "

"Spoilsport. "

He grabbed the brown bag and opened it up, taking out small boxes and setting them out on the trolley. It was Chinese or Thai, not that it mattered, it all smelled so good. When he finished laying it out, he produced two plates and put piles of the delicious food onto my plate and handed it to me. Thai, Yum!

He sat in the chair after pulling it as close to the bed as he could, eating with chop sticks with ease. He made it look graceful and easy, me? I looked like an idiot and would get most of the food in my lap. I stuck to a fork, thank you! He picked up a piece of chicken with noodles and filled his mouth before he swallowed and spoke.

"I've got a dictaphone with me and some forms you need to fill in. Sorry, but it needs doing and boss reckons the sooner the better. If you don't feel up to it, I can go over it with you at home. It's standard stuff really, witness form, statements, permission form for the forensics lot..... "

"It's fine, really.The sooner we do it the better, right? "

He nodded. "Uh huh.. "

He put his plate on the trolley, sat back and belched, loudly. " 'scuse me. "

I finished the meal and pushed the trolley away from me. I needed the bathroom and possibly a shower before I got dressed. Something about hospitals just made me feel so , blurgh, for want of a better word. No idea why. I swung my legs out of the bed and stood up, shocked that I wasn't as wobbly on them as they felt. I took two steps from the bed and heard his snigger. The gown, no back... flashing my butt at him...

"Laugh away, but ask yourself how long it'll be until you see it again, Blondie! "

I wiggled my ass as I walked to the bathroom, earning me a frustrated growl.

Luckily there was a shower in the en-suite bathroom. I was really looking forward to the hot water easing the last of my aches away. I turned it on to the hottest setting I could stand. It was only when I tried to untie the blasted gown that I realized I would need help.

"Spike? "

It was seconds before he opened the door and stepped in.

"Could you get the ties for me, please? "

He grinned and I realized I was going to be at his mercy.

"Hmmm.. I could, " he teased. "What'll it get me if I do? "

His hand ran down my back, causing me to close my eyes, sigh and shudder under his touch.

" An I O U? "

He shook his head, " not going to do it, Blondie "

He raised his brows and sniffed, determination if ever I'd seen it. I moved in close and looked up at him, my hands on his chest .

"What would then? " I asked.

"Me, you, shower and hot little hands covered in soap. " He winked.

"This isn't the place for a rerun of hot shower sex, Spike. "

He was stood close enough to the door that he could reach the lock. I heard it click and knew he wasn't about to take no for an answer. Honestly? I wanted it, wanted him. I was getting wet and had that strong pulse thumping away at my core. He pulled me against him and I could feel him hard and ready through his jeans.

"It's been too long already, love. Let me in? "

Before I could answer, he crashed his lips to mine and had the gown unfastened before I could say anything. It dropped to the tiled floor and left me naked and wanting. I wasn't sure how, but soon he was stood in just his shirt, his jeans and boots left in a crumpled heap as he walked us slowly towards the shower. I felt the mist on my back and looked down to make sure there wasn't a step, and saw his erection, jutting proudly from his body, pulsing with it's own need. Any resolve I had, had gone now and I pulled his shirt from his back and pulled him under the hot water with me. He growled low, pushed me against the cold tiled wall and picked me up by my thighs.

"You ready for me,pet? Want me to fill you with my hard cock? Tell me, love, tell me.. "

"Just fuck me, Spike. "

That was all it took to send him over the edge. I gasped as he thrust up forcefully as he pushed me down to impale me on his hard member.

"Fuck! So tight ... shit "

I held still, waited to grow accustomed to the intrusion. He was big and without foreplay, it hurt, a good hurt but still. I was so full of him that when I pulsed it made him moan.

"Keep doing that and I won't last baby. "

"Can't help it, so full... "

I couldn't make a complete sentence as he had started to move slowly in and out. Each pass hit the spot inside me, the one that sent electrical sparks through my body and down my spine. Like him, it wouldn't be long until I was sent over the edge. I held on to his shoulders and bit my lip to stop the moans and cries that begged for freedom. His lips and tongue worshipped my neck, his way of controlling himself. Like me, Spike was vocal during our love making. His mouth found my ear and he tugged on my lobe with his teeth.

"Feels so good, so good. My tight, wet, sweet Buffy.... Fuck you so good... "

I whimpered and started to move with him, raising my self in time with his thrusts. He hissed and pulled back from my neck and slowed , making me open my eyes and look at him.

"Look at me ,Buffy. Want you to look in to my eyes when we cum. Let me see those pretty eyes when you cum, baby. "

I nodded again and kept my gaze on his as he thrust into me hard. I couldn't keep quiet now, this was just too intense. We both lost control and now it was frantic, our bodies took over as instinct kicked in. The sound of out wet bodies crashing together and our cries of passion, echoed in the small room. Fingers dug into my hips, urging me to fuck him back, until he seemed to get some control back.

"I'm going to ... cum... with me... "

I held him close to me now, my arms around his shoulders, but kept our eyes locked as he thrust up hard and made me cry out. He leaned more against the wall and put his hand flat on the tile to support us as he began to fuck me hard and fast. His hand that was still on my ass, dug in, keeping me still as he let out an inhumane roar. His cock jerked inside me and that was all it took. My walls clamped around him as he filled me. His legs shook and we fell slowly to the floor of the shower, a breathless tangle of limbs.

Neither of us spoke, we just laid gentle, hot and breathless kisses on whatever skin was closest to our mouths.