Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much to everyone that has reviewed so far! I have been overwhelmed by them all! I love them and appreciate each and every one.
Chapter Eight.

Spike reclined on the bed next to me while we waited for the doctor to come and release me. We had dried ourselves off and had started to fill in the forms he had bought with him while we waited. The forms had been pretty straight forward and between us, we had finished them in next to no time. I saddened when I thought of all the forensics that would be going through my home with a fine tooth comb. No privacy, nothing left untouched. It felt like yet another invasion on my personal space. I just hoped they made Angel pay for what he had done. I was grateful that I had Spike. But how long for? I mentally shook my head and pushed those thoughts out of my mind.

"You're quiet, what are you thinking about? "

"Oh, nothing, " I said as I played with the curls at the nape of his neck.

"I've seen too many situations like this, love. You're thinking that the apartment won't be safe anymore, right? Won't feel like your home? "

"Yeah, something like that. "

He was almost right and I didn't feel like telling him the truth.

Spike sat up and took my hands in his, brushing his thumbs over my knuckles.

"We have councilors if you need them, if not we can gradually ease you back into the apartment. I don't mind how long you stay with me for, if that is what it takes, then so be it. The only thing we don't do, is a patch for it. "

I smiled. How did I get so lucky?

"Easy for you to say, you haven't seen me at my worst yet. I wear an old beaten up jersey and mens gym shorts. I have these ugly socks that flop off my feet. I eat toast in bed and leave crumbs, I never put the cap on the toothpaste and I'm addicted to olives. I eat weird pizza's and hate sport. I'll drive you crazy within a week. "

"Finished trying to turn me off of you, love? "

I put on my deep in thought face and then smiled. "I think so. Did it work? "

Spike shook his head, "I don't think it's even possible. "

A knock at the door made us both look at the door as the doctor came in.

"How is our impatient patient today? "

"Eager to go home. " I said.

"Lets see what we can do then, shall we? "

He placed my file on the trolley and took out that little light that looks like a pen and sat beside me.

"Look straight ahead and then follow the light. " I did and he smiled.

"Now keep your eyes still for me, Buffy. "

Again , I did as he asked as he passed the across my eyes and stared into them.

"You have the greenest eyes. Well, everything seems fine. Any headaches? Nausea? "

"No, none. I feel great doctor, better than ever. "

He looked at me with suspicion. He checked my blood pressure and then went back to the file and started to write up some notes. Spike and I sat in silence, looking up at him, waiting for him to tell us that we could go.

"I don't see a reason to keep you here any longer, Buffy. But come back if you feel any nausea or headaches. I doubt you will though. I'll just go and get the release form and you can go. It's been a pleasure. "
The doctor left and I slumped forward, resting my head on the bed.

"More forms! "

Spike chuckled and rubbed my back.
"Come on princess, it's just one more and then we can go home. "

"Promise? " I mumbled.

Spike got off the bed and went to the mirror and moaned.

"Look what you did to my hair, woman! I haven't been seen in public like this since I was old enough to use gel. I look a right nancy boy! " I sniggered. "S'not funny! "

He turned to give me a stern look, but it died when he saw me smiling at him.

" You're going to pay for this Summers... "

He took long strides to the bed and barreled me over, trapping me under him before he started to tickle me. We rolled around on the bed, laughing and acting like kids.

"I hope I'm not interrupting? "

Spike and I looked up at the doctor, still in our tangled position.

"Not at all I was just errr... "

Spike ran his hands through his hair as he stepped off the bed. I sat up and tried to control the last of my giggles.The doctor smiled at us before handing me the release form.

" I've filled most of this out for you, when you're ready to go , hand this in at the desk in reception and they'll show you what you have to fill in. Mostly it's address, insurance details, then once that's done, you're free to go. "

"Thank you. " I said. " I'll just get my things together and then hopefully, I won't have to see you again. "

It took a second for me to realize what I had said, "Not like that.. I mean... "

"I know what you mean, Buffy, and the feeling is mutual. Take care now. "

The doctor left us stood beside the bed, Spike holding the bag he had brought in for me. I looked at the form and blew air out over my lips.

"Let's get out of here before they change their minds. " I said as I walked to the door.

Spike nodded and walked out behind me.


Angel woke stiff and sore, disoriented.

Chris stood in the cell, Cleaver sat on the bench smirking.

"I thought I said not to mark him? "

Cleaver shrugged, "What can I say? He struggled. "

"Did you have to hit his face? "

"That was an accident. "

Cleaver looked up at Chris, trying for the innocent look. It was just wrong on a man of his size and didn't work.

" An accident ? That is no fucking accident! What'd he do? Trip and fall on your fist? "

Cleaver shrugged.

Chris sighed. "Damage is done now... nothing I can do about that. Get him dressed and ready for processing and for fuck sake... " Cleaver raised his brows in question. " Don't bruise him up while you're doing it! "

Chris left them to it, despite Angels plea's.


I walked out of the hospital and breathed in deep. "Freedom! " Spike took my hand and we walked to his car. He saw me into the car and then got in himself, reaching on to the dashboard to remove the police parking ticket from it. He drove us back to his place and I was actually grateful for that. There was no way I was ready to go back to the apartment. Maybe I could arrange to get someone to re-paint and straighten the place out before I had to go back. It was worth thinking about.

We hadn't been back long, just long enough to unpack my clothes, when Nathan knocked on the door. Spike opened it up with me stood in the hall. Nathan smiled at me and nodded before turning to Spike and exchanging some form of knuckle punch. Such a guy thing. Spike showed him through to the lounge and they sat down. Nathan looked up at me, smiled and then started to talk to Spike.

"We got him, he's in the cells as we speak. Chris handled him and stuck him in with Cleaver. "

Nathan looked worried, Spike hung his head, brushed both hands through his hair and sighed loudly. So not good then?

"How could he be so bloody stupid? " Nathan gave a non-committal shrug. Spike stood up, one hand on his hips and paced. " He knows that Cleaver is an evil bastard! " Spike turned half way towards Nathan. "How bad is it? "

Nathan hesitated, then took a deep breath, "Bad. After Chris processed him, he had to take Angel to the infirmary. "

"Just spit it out! "

Spike was losing his temper, the muscle in his jaw was ticking away. I was beginning to read his body language and knew to stay quiet. It wasn't easy.

"Broken jaw, nose, couple of ribs. Spike, he raped him... It could mean that Angel presses charges ... "

"I know what it sodding means! " He looked up at his ceiling "Fuck! "

"I'm sorry man, if I had known what Chris would do, then I would've seen Angel in myself. "

I hugged myself. I knew what they were saying without actually coming right out with it. Angel would look like a victim now. To stop him from taking action against them, they would have to offer Angel a sweet deal. Spike looked at me and came to me, rubbing the tops of my arms before enveloping me with his arms. I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes, wishing that this was all a nightmare.

" So what do we do now? " I mumbled, looking up at Spike from the safety of his embrace. I rested my ear against his chest, hearing the steady thump thump of his heart and the deepness of his voice when he answered me.

"We hope that we get a bloody good judge that still see's the git for what he is. Course, me and the detectives at work will get as much evidence against him as we can, and make sure he won't see sun from outside of a set of bars for a long time. Don't worry that pretty head of yours, pet. " He kissed the top of my head and released me.

Nathan gave me reluctant smile and followed Spike into the garden. I sat and thought over what had been done to Angel and how it would affect our case. I wasn't sure how I felt about his treatment at he hands of Cleaver, I wasn't happy about it, possibly numb? That was it.... I was numb.

It had happened and that meant that he could possibly get away with what he had done. That pissed me off. It wasn't the apartment so much. My furniture could be replaced, I could redecorate, it was all superficial. It was more the fact that he had taken my sanctuary, made it unsafe, or seem that way and he had tried to kill me. That or he had tried to kill what he saw as his opposition. We still aren't sure whether it was me or Spike that he had tried to kill. That was what scared me the most. If he gained his freedom then he could try again. He obviously wasn't emotionally stable, who knew what he would try next time.

Spike came back in and shut the door, Nathan wasn't with him. He'd gotten a call and had to go back to work on some case or other. Now there was an uncomfortable silence. I wasn't sure what to say, I could feel the tension radiating off of Spike.

"M'sorry about that, love. Seems I work with a bunch of incompetent twats. "

He looked at me then, trying to determine how I felt. His eyes flickered over my face, trying to take in every blink, every twitch .

"I'm numb. How should I feel? I'm so mixed up inside that I don't know whether I should scream or cry! "

He came to me then, and sunk to his knees before me, taking my hands in his. I looked into his eyes. So blue... Seeing him this close to me was clearing my mind. Crazy as it seems. He had the most amazing effect on me, he calmed the rage and confusion and made me focus. He rolled his lips together, as though he was about to say something and didn't know how to start. His eyes wandered from my gaze to look at my lips and then met mine again.

"We'll be okay. Nathan said they plan to have some watchdogs put on the place. "

"Watchdogs? " I asked.

"Yeah, to keep an eye on us. Make sure he won't try and do anything to us. It's just precaution in case he gets bail or what not. " He saw me flinch and the worry cross my face, "You're perfectly safe here, love. I'm not going to let anything happen to you, promise. "

I nodded. Still scared. He took me into his arms and just held me. He moved to sit on the floor and took me down with him, so I was now straddled across his lap. We looked at each other in silence. No words were needed. My heart thumped hard against my chest and knew that he could feel it, in the way that I could feel his. His hand brushed a strand of my hair away from my face before cradling my cheek. Slowly he moved to kiss me. It was slow, soft, with just the tips of our tongues tasting each other. The raw need that had been a part of our fucking before, had gone. His hands caressed my back like a breeze over water, sending shivers over my body like ripples. I let my head roll back as his lips traced their way down to my neck, a hand opened the top button on my blouse and his fingertips stroked the flesh it exposed.

I held him to me, letting out quiet moans as he kiss any bared skin that he could. I closed my eyes and lost myself in the sensations he was causing. I felt a slight tug on my arms and knew that he had removed my top. He leaned me back, giving him better access to more skin which he kissed and adored with his lips and tongue.

Gently, he lowered me until I laid on the rug with him kneeling over me. I reached up and pulled him down to me again. His arms slid under me to hold me to him as we laid there, kissing. There was no urgency, no rushing this. He was making love to me.

Spike started to move down my body, as he had moments ago, this time moving to each breast in turn. His hands slid the straps of my bra from my shoulders and he cast it aside once it was off. His hands kneaded the soft mounds while his tongue and teeth teased at my nipples. I raised myself up to him, offering myself to him. He moaned as my hips grazed his erection, making him thrust into me. I gasped at the contact and looked down at him. His eyes were almost black with lust, his face flushed with arousal. He gazed back at me and with a small growl, came back up to meet my lips with his. I reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it up and over his head. Our lips reclaimed their positions as he lay over me again.

"I need you, baby, need you so bad. "

I nodded and ran my hands down his chest until I hit the waistband of his trousers. I opened his belt and somehow had his trousers down over his thighs, baring his ass. Spike went up on his arms and I pushed his trousers all the way down with my feet. He kicked them off and then divested me of my skirt. Now I lay beneath him in nothing but a lacy thong. His fingers traced the edge that ran over my hip and dipped down. The tip of his finger slid just inside, just a ghosted touch to the outer lip of my core. I let out a hiss and bit my lower lip as Spike drew his digit along my soaked slit. I opened my eyes and watched as slowly kissed his way down, settling himself between my thighs.

His fingers stroked slowly over my clitoris and his tongue traced the soft flesh around it. I moaned and panted as he brought me to climax slowly. I looked down at him, saw his need straining against my thigh. I wrapped my hand around the base, making him hiss air over his teeth. I sat up, making him sit back on his ankles and took him into my mouth.

"Ahhh.. Buff... shit.. so good. "

One hand caressed me, the other wound itself in my hair and held me while I feasted greedily on his cock. I could taste the pre-cum and knew he wouldn't be able to take too much. But god, I couldn't stop. I took him deep and swallowed, making him thrust up and cry out. My hand twisted and stroked what I couldn't take in, using the moisture to massage his balls and the skin just behind them. Spike roared and pulled me up.

"Got me so close, baby. Don't want to come yet. "

He kissed me and cradled me as I sat astride his lap. He took himself in his hand and slid the head into my wet channel. I clamped around him and purred as he slid home. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me as he stood. The motion caused me Spike to push further into me and made me gasp.

"Bed... need the.. bed. " I nodded .

Every step he took made him hit my spot perfectly and I had to hold back the orgasm that wanted; no needed to race through my body. Spike must have had the same problem. We made it to the bed and he sat down, still with me in his lap and he caressed my back. Neither of us moved, just stroked each other skin and kissed gently until we had calmed down enough that we could resume our love making.


Spike shifted and started moving inside of me. I rose and circled my hips in time, making him let out a breath as if he had been holding it like a drowning man. A low growl escaped him as I gripped him with my internal muscles and rose up, leaving just the tip inside and then sunk down. He cried out and held my hips still, my muscles pulsed around him making him screw his eyes tight as he fought his release.

"You're so hot, so tight, drive me crazy baby. "

I smiled and wiggled on his lap, making him growl again. Spike stood and laid me back on the bed and entered me hard, making me cry out.

"Turn about is fair play. I could go all night, like this.. " He slowly drew his cock out and back in. It was torturous. " How's that for you, love? Want Spike to make love to you like this all night? "

"Yes. " I hissed as he hit my spot perfectly, making my arch up under him.

He laughed, " I bet you do. "

His hand ran down my thigh and lifted my leg to his hip. I wrapped my legs around his waist, opening me up to him. He gripped my hips and lifted them up from the bed, making his thrusts hit me deeper, yet still as slow and gentle. It was heaven.

I could feel my pending orgasm, it waited in patience for that one action he would do that would set me soaring. Spike moved to his knees, bringing my hips higher. His motions now more needy, faster, deeper and I knew then, that it wouldn't be long. I laid my arms on the mattress to help support myself as he lost himself to his passions. He whispered praise, compliments and sweet nasties as his body beat against mine.

He slowed and opened his eyes, "Lay on your side, top leg up "

I frowned but did as he asked. Spike moved into the gap and entered me. In this position he filled me, his cock hit that spot inside me and my body sang out its own praise. He smirked cockily as he thrust in and I cried out.

"Knew you'd like this one, kitten. "

I nodded and moaned as he raised my leg up onto his shoulder and slid in again, deeper this time. I opened my eyes, he was watching himself slide in and out of my body. I looked down and could see what he did. Never had I been interested in the sight before, but watching him, watching, it turned me on and I found it hard to take my gaze from the sight. He held my leg with one hand, his free hand made its journey down my leg to my hip and then started to caress my clitoris. My head fell back to the bed and I was soon pulsing around his swelling cock. He bit his bottom lip as he felt the first sign of my orgasm and built up the pace until he too, was close. Each thrust in hit me just right and he let loose with a guttural cry. Each jerk of his cock made my orgasm intensify until my throat constricted and I lost my voice.

Spike sunk to his knees on the bed and voicelessly slipped onto his side. Both of us were panting, trying to gain control of our bodies and desperately in need of a drink.

The phone beside the bed rang and he tried to ignore it. It carried on ringing, showing no sign of stopping anytime soon.

"Fuck! " He reached across and snatched the phone from its cradle. "What? This better be good, " he bellowed down the phone. He was still panting heavily.

"What do you mean? How can he have gotten bail so quick? " I could hear a raised voice coming from the phone. Spike looked down at me, fury in his eyes. " No.. Get someone to tail him. Well I don't bloody know! Do I have to do it all myself? "

More shouting from the phone. "I don't care! I can't come in, if I do then Miss Summers has to. Do you really think she wants to be there knowing that you bunch of wankers couldn't do your bloody jobs? " Spike slammed the phone down and rolled onto his back. His arm covered his eyes as he breathed out heavily. "Sorry 'bout that kitten. "

"S'okay. I gather Angel's a free man? " I croaked out, my voice still rough.

"On bail, yeah. The restraining order still stands. He can't come anywhere near you. "

I sat up and hugged my knee's to my chest. Any heat that we had built up was dying away fast, leaving me feeling chilled. I risked standing and found my shaky legs weren't ready. Spike sat up and pulled his comforter around me.

"Want a drink, pet? I know I could do with one. "

"Whatever you're having will be fine. "

He left to get us drinks, padding through the house naked. I shook my head and got up and went into the bathroom to clean up. When I returned, Spike was sat on the bed with a beer, one on the side for me. I drank it down fast.

"Can't we just go away until it's time for the trial? Somewhere he can't find us? "

Spike raised a brow, "Go where? I mean, it's a good idea ... "

"My uncle has a villa in Florida, we could go there! Angel didn't know my uncle, or that he has the holiday home. It's perfect! Angel's out on bail which means he can't cross state lines and stuff..... "

"True, but going that far? I'm not sure my boss would like it. ........."

Later that day, at the station.

" I think it's a great idea. " His boss smirked as she watched Spike's eyes widen.

"You can't possibly mean that!

"Why not? If Angel has no clue as to where you are, he can't harm you, or Miss Summers. "

Spike sat defeated in a chair opposite his boss and blew a breath out harshly.

"And what if he does? What if he finds out and comes after us? It would be a different state, red tape ... It'd be a sodding nightmare and you know it. "

"How soon can you go? " His boss asked.

"You're serious, aren't you? " He glared at the middle aged woman, hoping that she would say 'Just kidding! ' He was mistaken.

"Deadly. I can book your flights and a car from the airport. I'll get Nathan and Ian to go with you, safety in numbers right? "

Reluctantly Spike nodded. "Fine! I'm not happy about this, want to go on record as saying it. "

Spike shook his head as he stood. There was nothing more to say as far as he was concerned. A comment made in passing in regards to Buffy's idea had backfired on him. Now he had to go home and tell her that they would be going to Florida and that it was an all expenses paid trip, courtesy of L.A.P.D.

"Spike, you could do with the break, take it as holiday? "

"If it was a bloody holiday I wouldn't be taking the likes of Nathan and Ian! "

He marched to the office door and swung it open, leaving his boss sniggering at his parting words.

"How the bloody hell do I get myself into these sodding messes? " He mumbled as he walked towards the exit.