Author's Chapter Notes:
If you review, I'll give you a cookie
“So what now? We just drive around” Spike raised his scarred eyebrow at his bored partner. They’d been driving around town for the past two hours and no sign of anything out of the ordinary.

“Well if you’re that bored, we could…” He tilted his head towards the backseat.

“No, what the…? No! Emphasis on no. A thousand gallons of no!” Her eyes bugged as she tore her eyes from the road and on to his grinning face.

“Why not?” Spike pouted, furrowing his brow in the process making him look more like a 5-year old child than a grown adult.

“Because…because it’s wrong.”

“Didn’t stop you before. You were more than willing to climb aboard the last time pet. Find some new boy toy luv? Couldn’t wait to move on. Get my stench off you? Is that it? Couldn’t wait to fuck some other boy. Bet you jumped the first one you saw, didn‘t you?” He scowled at the non-answer he was receiving until he was thrust forward as the SUV came to a screeching halt.

“Bloody hell woman! Give a bloke a little warning when you do that” He quickly checked himself over for injuries before straightening his black jacket. “I think you dislodged my kidneys!”

“Get out!” Buffy was already climbing out of the vehicle, a hard expression on her face that he couldn’t read. Quickly unbuckling his seatbelt he stood by the door and waited for the pain to start.

It didn’t.

Instead, he heard the locks click and Buffy opened the back door to the Dodge Durango.

“Get in” Not willing to receive a punch to the nose or worse, he followed her command and climbed in. Buffy climbed in behind him before locking the car once again. It took only seconds before her lips were on his, her tiny hands pushing him back onto the leather seats. He felt those same strong little hands move quickly from his shoulders to the black jacket, shoving it down to his elbows until he shook it off to the floor.

“Buffy luv” He mumbled, his words cut off by her lips finding his once more. “Are you sure?” Buffy nodded her head before her hands stopped on his chest, her own chest heaving.

“I haven’t moved on. I couldn’t do it. God knows I’ve tried but every time I tried to ‘dance’ with someone else, it just felt wrong” Buffy gave him a little grin.

“So you want to be with me?”

She nodded and squealed when he lunged up and captured her lips with his own. Soon hands were finding their way under each others clothing. “Luv are you sure?” At her nod, his hands made their way down to the button on her slacks. As he popped the first button, her cell phone belted out a jaunty tune.

“Bloody hell” Spike fell back against the door as Buffy fished through her pocket for the phone. After a short conversation, Buffy pulled back and started straightening her clothes.

“What’re you doing luv? I thought we were…” Spike waved a finger between the two of them.

“Not anymore. That was Giles. He wants us to check out one of the frat houses. Attempted rape, well maybe.” She gave him a small smile before crawling out of the car and returning to her place in the drivers seat.

As soon as Spike was back in the passengers seat, for the most part presentable, she put the SUV in drive and headed towards the University of California- Sunnydale.
Spike watched as the closer to the university they got, the more drunk students there were.

“So are we going to arrest all of them?” At Buffy’s bewildered look, he continued “Some of them look younger than 21.”

“Oh right. No. Giles wants us to talk to the victim. See if it has anything to do with the Newman and Philips murders.”

“Right. Kathy Newman and Kennedy Philips. Found them bound, raped and strangled right?”

Buffy could only nod her head. She’d been on the Southside murders for four months now and still not one break in the case. So far two girls had been found beaten, raped and left for dead in back alleys near the university.
She quickly pulled the vehicle over and crossed the small patch of grass to the Stevenson dorm rooms, Spike close behind.

She could hear sobbing coming from inside the corner room as she pushed the door open. A mousy brunette sat huddled in the corner. A blanket was draped over her shoulders and she clung to it like a lifeline, her knuckles white as she gripped it close to her body. Buffy motioned Spike out of the room before crossing towards the shaking girl.

“Tara McClay?” Buffy kneeled in front of the girl, careful to keep all of her motions in clear view. The girl nodded her head in between sobs. Her hands clutching at the blanket even harder.

“I’m Lieutenant Buffy Summers and I want to help you. Can I do that?”

Tara nodded again.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

“H-he followed me from the party and h-he t-tried to…” Tara broke off, her eyes filled with tears.

“It’s ok. This is a safe place now. I won’t let anything happen to you. Do you trust me?”

Tara nodded again and started again.

“H-he tried to r-rape me. He had rope and a plastic bag with him. My roommate came back and scared him off.”

Buffy nodded and motioned for another officer to come into the room. Rising to meet the other woman, she pulled her to the side.

“I think it’s the same guy Willow. Just watch her ok?” The redheaded cop nodded and switched places with Buffy by the bed.

Spike was waiting for her at the door. With a nod, he followed her down the hall a bit before she stopped.

“I think it’s him.”

“The Southside Strangler? Actually at the school?” Spike’s eyes bugged slightly.

“Yeah” She shook her head to try and clear it. “So dinner Friday?”

Spike groaned. “Do I have to luv? Your dad hates me. Last time I saw him he chased me down the road with a shotgun.”

“C’mon Spike! Daddy only threatened to shoot you once. And it was in the leg! Besides Giles said if you step one foot out of bounds, I get to shoot you.” Buffy made a pointed look towards his crotch before meeting his eyes again and smiling.

“Bloody hell!”