Author's Chapter Notes:
This was written for the 81 prompts challenge at taboo_spuffy. It was actually an idea I had in my head for a while now, so when I saw a similar prompt, I couldn’t resist taking it. This deals with a 20 year age difference. As always, if that’s not your thing, you don’t have to read. I’m not sure how long it will be, but I’m guessing not too long. Thanks of course goes to dusty273 for the read through. I hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 1

“So, B, we Bronzing it tonight?”

Buffy Summers shook her head, gazing at the dark haired girl in front of her. “Not tonight, I’m going over to Dawn’s house for some study time. We have a big test coming up.”

Gasps sounded throughout the lunch table, as all the other girls looked at her in shock.

“Wait a minute, Dawn actually invited you over?” Faith wondered.

Buffy nodded, frowning slightly at the other girls’ reactions. “Yeah, what’s the big deal?”

Cordelia answered her that time. “Have you seen her father?” When the blonde girl shook her head no, she continued, “he’s like sex on legs; practically every girl in this school has the hots for him. Dawn hasn’t invited anyone over since our last sleepover when Faith couldn’t stop hitting on him.”

Faith shrugged. “You can’t get me in a room with a sexy man and expect me to just stand there quietly. Dawn completely overreacted, it was just innocent flirting.”

Amy rolled her eyes. “Innocent, my ass, you said you could ride him at a gallop until his legs buckled, and his eyes rolled up. There was more, but I’m not comfortable repeating it, and this was all said right in front of Dawn. How did you expect her to react?”

“Hey, Pratt has known me for a long time now, she should have known what to expect.”

Buffy still couldn’t believe that she was friends with these girls. She had only been at Sunnydale High for a little over a month, but at her old school in Los Angeles, she probably never would have associated with them. Things were different now, though. She wasn’t the same person she used to be. “Well, that’s not going to happen with me.”

Faith nodded, giving Buffy a grin. “True, Summers is all prim and proper, I’m sure Dawn has nothing to worry about.”


* * * * *


“God, I think my text book is in a different language or something.”

Dawn laughed. “Don’t worry; I’m doing pretty well in History. I can help you.”

Buffy smiled at the brunette across from her, they’ve become very close friends in such a short time, and Buffy already didn’t know where she would be without her.

A door slammed downstairs, causing both girls to jump with a start.

Dawn rolled her eyes. “I guess my dad’s home early; he doesn’t know the meaning of the word quiet. You want something to eat?”

She nodded. “Sure, all this studying has made me a bit hungry.”

They jumped off of Dawn’s bed, heading downstairs and into the kitchen, where a man was standing shirtless by the fridge, taking a long sip of his beer.

Buffy gulped at the sight of the muscles in his back, which flexed with each one of his movements. Cordelia wasn’t kidding when she said the man was sex on legs.

“Gross, Dad, we have company,” Dawn said in an annoyed tone, pulling Buffy out of her contemplation.

He looked sheepish as he turned around, seeming to just take notice of the two girls standing there, his eyes widening as they landed on the blonde next to his daughter. “Sorry about that, love. Who’s your friend?”

“This is Buffy, she came over to study. This is William, my dad, but everyone calls him Spike. Don’t ask,” Dawn finished, making the introductions.

Buffy waved shyly, avoiding his gaze. “It’s nice to meet you.”

He gave the petite blonde a forced smile. “Same to you; so, are you ladies taking a break?”

Dawn nodded. “Yeah, we were gonna get something to eat. Can Buffy stay over tonight?”

“Of course, if Buffy wants to.”

Buffy didn’t think that was the best idea, but could only nod in response when she couldn’t think of a plausible excuse.

They talked for a bit and then Dawn excused herself to go to the restroom; once she was gone, all Hell broke loose.

“Bloody fuck, you’re in high school?!”

Buffy glared at him. “Keep your voice down; do you want her to hear you?”

He tried to keep his temper in check. “You told me you were twenty-one when we were together in LA. I never even bloody thought I would see you again, and now I find out that you go to school with my daughter?”

“Do you think I planned this? I had no idea you two were even related.”

Spike shut his eyes tight, opening them a second later. “I’m really going to regret asking this, but how old are you really?”

She took a deep breath. “Seventeen, I’ll be eighteen in six months. I want you to know that I don’t normally do stuff like this. I had just gotten dumped by my boyfriend and was really depressed, I wanted to go out and have fun, forget about everything. I wasn’t expecting to hook up with you and when I did, the lies just came pouring out, including my age. I left the next morning to make things easier on both of us, but I never counted on this to happen. I really like Dawn; she’s been the only decent friend I’ve had in a long time. I wouldn’t want to do anything to ruin our friendship. Can we just put this behind us…please?”

Spike didn’t know how that was possible, but he was willing to try. For a little while, at least.

The conversation was put on hold when Dawn came back into the room, neither knowing what to say after that.


* * * * *


Buffy couldn’t sleep that night, too busy tossing and turning, thinking about the events that happened in LA. She couldn’t believe the object of her fantasies for the last few months was her new best friend’s father. How was she ever going to stop thinking about him now? Buffy finally had enough and got out of bed, quietly heading downstairs for a glass of water, and stopping at the sight of Spike sitting at the counter. She hoped he wouldn’t notice her and was about to turn around, but luck didn’t seem to be on her side.

“You couldn’t sleep, either?”

She took in another a deep breath, sitting down next to him. “No, I can’t stop feeling guilty.”

He chuckled. “That makes two of us. I’m not the best father in the world, I know that. I’ve been involved with too many women, some almost half my age. I know that’s not the kind of example I want to give my daughter, but after having a one night stand with a bloody teenager? I’ve never been so disgusted with myself.”

She placed a hand on his arm. “It’s not your fault. You thought I was legal.”

Spike looked at her. “That still doesn’t make it right. What the fuck am I doing? I’m thirty-seven, and even if you were twenty-one, you still would have been too bloody young for me. What kind of father sleeps around with random women, who are twenty years younger, when I have a young girl to care for? I don’t blame Dawn for hating me.”

Buffy felt bad for him. “I’m sure she doesn’t hate you.”

He gave a humorless laugh. “Well, if she knew the thoughts I’m having right now, she would. I know it’s wrong, especially knowing what I do now, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting you.”

Buffy didn’t have time to think about that before his mouth crashed down on hers.


Chapter End Notes:
Please feed my muse? I've been feeling like no one is all that interested in what I post anymore.