Author's Chapter Notes:
Make sure you read Chapter 16 first! I updated with both chappies today. :)
Chapter 17

“Dad? No…Dad. Listen to me. I didn’t…what? Of course it’s mine. How could you? No, Dad, listen to me. Dad? Bloody hell.”

“Spike?” Buffy had followed her boyfriend outside of The Bronze when he’d taken a call from his father. When she found him on the verge of tossing his phone onto the pavement, she hurried over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. “Hey. What happened?”

“Told me he’s cutting me off.”

“What?!”

“He’ll pay my rent through graduation, but he said I’d have to figure out something on my own for school.”

“Spike,” Buffy said softly, “I’m sorry.”

“Wasn’t expecting he’d be thrilled, exactly, but I was hoping for a little support. Suppose that’s what I get for thinking…”

“Come on,” Buffy urged, taking his hand and pulling him back toward the club. “Let’s go inside and dance and have some fun.”

“Don’t really feel like it, pet.”

“That’s the point. It’ll make you feel better.” Despite the fact that those big, beautiful green eyes were sparkling in the moonlight, making him fall in love with her all over again, his father’s blatant disregard for his only son’s future had him feeling less than enthused.

“You go back in if you want. I’m not exactly in a club mood, pet. I’m sorry.” Buffy shook her head.

“It’s ok. I’ll just go in and tell the girls we’re taking off.”

“Don’t want to spoil your evening.”

“My evening would be spoiled if I spent it without you. Go get the car and pick me up around front in five minutes.” She leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips. She flashed him an encouraging smile before turning and hurrying back into the club to say goodbye to their friends.

As she was walking back in, Angel brushed past her as he stumbled out.

“Watch it,” he slurred. Buffy rolled her eyes at him and made her way into the crowd. Angel snickered and turned to watch her walk away from him. His eyes played over her backside, and he couldn’t help but harden a little bit at the thought of what it would feel like to slam into that perfect, tight little ass.

“Angel? Drusilla placed her hand in his. “Come on. It’s getting late. Give me the keys.”

“I can drive.”

“You’re drunk,” she giggled.

“Yeah? So are you.”

“Not as much as you are. Give them to me.”

“I’m driving, Dru,” he demanded. “Get in the car.”

“No!” He quickly grabbed her by the arm, squeezing hard. “Ow! Let go of me! Angel! Please!”

“Get in the fucking car, Dru!”

“Please, you’re hurting me!”

From across the lot, Spike heard the cries of a woman in pain, and he rushed past the rows of cars to find Angel trying to shove Dru into the passenger’s seat.

“Stop!” Dru cried. “Ow! That hurts!”

“Oi!” Spike shouted. Angel took a deep breath and turned around.

“Get the fuck out of here, Spike.”

“What the hell are you doing?” He looked into the car to find Dru half passed out, rubbing her hurt arm.

“None of your god damned business. Now get out of here, Spike, unless your goal is to get the shit beat out of you tonight.”

“I’ll get out of your face as soon as you agree to let me take Dru home.”

“What?”

“You’re drunk. You’re not taking her anywhere.” Spike thought for a moment, raised an eyebrow, and then he hauled off and punched Angel square in the nose. Angel stumbled back onto the pavement, and Dru let out a little cry.

“Don’t hurt him. Please, don’t hurt him,” she whimpered.

“Buggering hell,” he muttered. “Just get out of the car, Dr. I’ll drop you off at your house. Your mum and dad? Are they home?”

“I think so,” she breathed.

“Fine. Come on.” He helped her out, and she had to lean on him as they headed over to the car. When he got her into the back seat, she passed out, lying down across the black leather interior. Shaking his head, Spike got in the driver’s side and started the engine.

Just as she’d said, Buffy was waiting for him at the door when he pulled up. Before she got in, she spotted the form of Drusilla Lewis lying across the back seat of her boyfriend’s car.

“What the hell is this?” she asked.

“She’s completely hammered,” he pointed out. “And Angel was manhandling her into the car.” Buffy sighed but nodded, not blaming Spike one bit for helping a woman in distress, even if it happened to be Dru. “Don’t mind waiting on me to drop her off, do you luv?”

“It’s ok. Where’s Angel?”

“Left him passed out on the pavement.”

“Good,” Buffy breathed.

“Should call the cops.”

“Nah, I saw Parker leaving. They parked next to each other, so I’m sure he’ll make sure he gets home.”

“Yeah,” Spike muttered. “I suppose so.”

They headed off down the street, and Buffy’s cell phone rang. She noticed her mother’s cell number and frowned.

“Hello?”

“Hi sweetheart,” her mother said hurriedly on the other line. “Are you still out?”

“Spike and I are dropping somebody off at their house, and then we’re coming over. Where are you?”

“I’ve got to go to the gallery and get a couple of things done for Monday. I totally forgot about them until now. I made a cake for Mrs. Murphy, one of my clients. Please don’t touch it.”

“I’m not having cravings yet, Mom.”

“I was really more concerned about Spike. I know about that sweet tooth of his.”

“Yeah,” Buffy grinned. “Ok. Will you be home late?”

“I don’t know, honey. I’ll call you on my way home, ok?”

“Ok. Be careful.”

“You too. I love you.”

“Love you, Mom. Bye.” Buffy hung up and put her phone in her purse. “Mom’s gonna be late.” She smiled a little. “We’ll have the place to ourselves for a while.”

“Like the sound of that,” Spike smirked, stepping on the gas a little, hoping to get Dru home as soon as possible so he could get Buffy home and proceed to ravage her until the sun came up.

***

“Dude, what the hell happened to you?” Parker asked as he helped Angel stand.

“Spike Pratt,” he sputtered through gritted teeth.

“What?”

“He took Dru home.”

“Dru’s your girlfriend.”

“I know that, dipshit,” Angel said with an eye roll. “Where are my keys?”

“Right here, man. I’ve got ‘em. Why don’t you let me take you home?”

“I’m not going home,” Angel said with a snicker.

“You’re wasted, man.”

“No. I’m not. I’m fine. Just had a few drinks, and I’m sobering up.”

“Parker?” A girl about Buffy’s height with long, dark hair and bronzed skin came walking over. “Are we going back to your place now?” Parker turned back to Angel.

“You’re sure you’re ok to drive?”

“I’m cool, man. I’ve done this plenty of times.”

“Where are you going, exactly?”

“I’m gonna go teach Pratt a little lesson.”

“Don’t do anything stupid,” Parker warned. Angel smiled at him and shrugged his shoulders.

“Now what on earth would I do, huh?”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” Parker rolled his eyes and gave Angel his keys. “If you get your ass arrested, don’t expect me to bail you out. Call that rich mom and dad of yours.”

“Will do. Thanks, man.” Parker nodded, gave Angel a drunken fist bump, and got into the car, driving off with the attractive girl, leaving Angel to his own business.

***

“You look so beautiful,” Spike murmured, stroking Buffy’s hair as they lay cuddled in bed together.

“You’re just saying that ‘cause you got to have sex.”

“What? I’d never do that. If I wanted sex, I’d say that before, luv.”

“Which you did, hmm?”

“Well, you got me there, luv,” he grinned, pulling her into a kiss. She giggled against his lips, and his hands moved under the blankets, caressing her bare thigh. “Could hold you like this forever.”

“Mmm,” she sighed against his mouth. “Me too.” And then the phone rang. “Damn it.” She picked up the phone quickly. “Hello?”

“Hi honey, it’s me. I’m on my way home.”

“Ok. You got everything done?”

“Yeah. Is Spike there?”

“Uh huh. We’re watching movies.”

“Why do I doubt that?”

“We are!”

“What are you watching?”

“The Blue Lagoon.”

“Oh really? Who’s in it.”

“Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins, mom.”

“You’ve seen it a hundred times.”

“Yeah, and so have you.”

“You’re a good liar, sweetheart.”

“Mom!”

“Ok. Ok, I’m on my way. I’ll be there soon.”

“Ok. Bye!”

“Bye, honey.” Buffy hung up the phone and sat up in bed, turning to Spike.

“You have to put your pants on.”

“What?”

“My mom’s coming. Get dressed, I have to go pop in The Blue Lagoon, and we have to pretend like we weren’t up here doing things that would make my mother cry if she knew.”

“Well, I think she already knows, I mean…”

“Spike!”

“Alright, alright. Why’d you have to tell her The Blue Lagoon?”

“Just hurry!” she laughed, pulling on her own clothes and heading downstairs.

When she found her copy of The Blue Lagoon, she popped it into the DVD player, skipped to a scene somewhere in the middle of the movie, and she plopped down on the couch. Spike joined her a few minutes later, and she fussed with his hair.

“Oi!”

“You have sex hair.”

“Sexy hair, you mean.”

“Well, that too. My mother might know we’re having sex, but I don’t exactly want her to know that I’m on top sometimes.” She shivered, but she smoothed his hair out some more. “That’s better.” Spike lay back on the couch, and she leaned against his chest. When his hand began to move from her side down to her hip, she swatted it away.

“Ah, ah,” she warned with a giggle. “Don’t want her to walk in on us, do you?” A car door shut, and Buffy raised an eyebrow. “See what you almost did. That would’ve been embarrassing.” Spike shrugged his shoulders and pulled her to him for a quick kiss. But a moment later, she wriggled off of him and went to open the door so her mother wouldn’t have to fuss with her keys.

But when she opened the door, her mother wasn’t standing there facing her. It was Angel, and he looked pissed.

“What are you doing here?” Buffy asked, her voice shaking a little. Sensing Buffy’s tone, Spike hopped off the couch and moved up behind her. His eyes narrowed when he saw Angel, and he stepped between him and Buffy.

“Just came to see if you could use some company,” Angel chuckled. “I mean, your boyfriend here played white knight to my girlfriend, so I thought maybe they’d shacked up.” He glared at Spike the entire time he spoke.

“Get lost, O’Connor.”

“No, no, I don’t think that’s gonna happen. See, I think I’m going to stick around for a little while. See, I need to explain a little something to you.” He started to brush past Spike to get into the house, but Spike’s hands were planted firmly on either side of the door frame. He wasn’t going to budge.

“Explain it from there,” Spike warned, as Buffy moved into the living room, picked up the cordless, and came up behind Spike again.

“I’m calling the cops, Angel.” She turned away to make the call.

“By all means. A lot of good that would do me. My dad would have me out of there in a minute.” He smirked at Spike. “At least I’ve got a dad that gives a damn about my life. Where is yours? Oh yeah, halfway across the world, probably so he doesn’t have to look at his worthless, sorry excuse for a son.”

“Back off, Angel,” Spike warned. “Unless you want me to break your nose this time.”

“Cops are on their way, Angel.” Angel and Spike stared each other down for about a minute, and then Angel finally backed down.

“Better watch your boyfriend, Summers. If he doesn’t stop sticking his neck into other people’s business, he’s gonna get it broken.” With that, Angel stumbled away, and Buffy hung up the phone while Spike shut the door.

“I told them where to find Angel’s house. They’re gonna go pick him up.”

“Good,” Spike said quietly. “You alright?”

“I’m fine. I’m just getting really sick of him. He’s such a…God, I just wanna punch him in the face over and over again and record the whole thing so I can put it on repeat. Is that wrong of me?”

“Sounds like my girl,” Spike chuckled. “C’mon, let’s go watch the movie. Your mum’ll be home soon.” Buffy nodded, and she followed Spike into the living room to watch the movie and try to put her fears to rest.


Chapter End Notes:
Feedback would be amazing...thanks!