Author's Chapter Notes:
I love playing crazy dru!
Buffy had gone home for dinner, just as she had before. However, unlike the night before, Joyce did not stay up until the early hours. She had decided that she would go to bed early to catch up on her precious sleep, and so Buffy had no problems sneaking out of her bedroom window that night, as her mother was sound asleep by half past nine.

Now, she was walking through Restfield cemetery, looking for both something to kill, and Angelus, for information on Jonathon. She was severely worried about the boy now. A head wound was dangerous, especially one that was bad enough to bleed, and no one who was crazy enough to take him would be taking him anywhere near a hospital. No. She had to find him, and soon, before he got even more hurt.

A fledgling came out from the bushes next to her, growling in game face in what would be a scary way if she was just a normal girl, who was stupid enough to be walking in graveyards – in Sunnydale no less – at night. As it was, she sighed and turned, as though greatly burdened. Truth was, any fight was a good fight at the moment, although she had been looking for something a bit more challenging. Clearing her mind of all worry for Jonathon, she stepped forwards, holding up her stake.

“You know, I never get tired of you guys. You think I would, the number of idiotic newbies who ignore their senses, telling them I’m a slayer, not just some little girl,” she grinned at the dark-haired vampire who looked satisfyingly like Angelus to whet her appetite, even as his eyes opened wide and he took a step back, “and yet, I can’t help be excited every time I see one, because I know that soon, an irritation will turn into a great kill. It’s really satisfying seeing you guys go… poof.” On poof, she brought her other hand up, flicking her fingers out and startling the terrified vampire, who tripped backwards before turning and running for his unlife. Buffy sighed again; before her grin came back and she sprint after him.

It didn’t take long for her to catch him, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and tugging him backwards to the ground. She straddled him quickly, pressing the stake against his breastbone.

“You know, you are absolutely no fun at all. I wanted to fight, but you just ran away.” Buffy pouted down at him. “You really suck.” A voice startled Buffy into looking up.

“It’s not nice to play with your food. Mummy used to tell me so.” Drusilla was standing 20 feet away, looking at her with that curious head tilt she had.

“I don’t eat dust.” As she spoke, she staked the vampire, reducing him to almost nothing, leaving her kneeling on the floor. “It’s less than appetizing.” She stood, facing Drusilla warily, stake gripped tightly in my hand. “Hello, Drusilla.”

“Hello, sunshine. Daddy’s been thinking of you. He has such delicious plans.” She giggled and swayed, stepping closer towards Buffy, who stepped backwards, keeping the distance the same.

“What plans, Dru? What has he said to you?”

“Red as blood, clear as day and blue as ice that’s scraped away, with brown as muck to ease the pain.” Drusilla sang as she twirled her dress with her hands. She really did look insane as she looked back at Buffy, from where her head had tilted back to look at the stars. “Daddy says to hush up and Miss Edith says I shouldn’t tell, but papa’s going to end the world.” She whispered the last bit, as though telling a secret, which Buffy supposed she was.

“What do you mean? What do your riddles mean Dru?” Buffy frowned as she looked at the insane vampire. Papa. Angelus, obviously, but end the world? And what did Jonathon have to do with this plan?

“Red as blood, clear as day and blue as ice that’s scraped away, with brown as muck to ease the pain.” Drusilla just sang her crazy little rhyme again, and Buffy grew even more confused. She never had been good at riddles, and this one had no clues in it at all. However, Drusilla changed the second half of her rhyme this time. “But white as snow with black as night will turn the tide of all this might to the side who fight the fight.” Again, she whispered this half, a secret she shouldn’t be telling. And now, she repeated her rhyme, over and over again. Buffy stood their, perplexed and a little creeped out. She started backing away, turning and running towards Giles at the library.

***

“What so you think it means Giles? She seemed pretty adamant that it meant something.” Buffy bit her lip as she stood with her hands on her hips by the table that Giles was working at. She’d repeated the rhyme that Drusilla had been chanting to Giles, and he looked just as perplexed as she.

“I honestly cannot say, Buffy. It is far too vague for me to be able to tell you anything at all. To be quite honest Buffy, I’m not entirely sure Drusilla is a reliable source of information Buffy.” He took his glasses off to clean them before sticking them back on his face.

“She may be crazy, Giles, but that just means she says her sentences all funny. I’ve never heard her lie before. Once I work out what on earth she’s going on about anyway.” Buffy smiled a little. She had to admit that if she were going to be fond of any of her mortal enemies, it’d be Drusilla.

“I would have to admit to that Buffy, but there is honestly nothing in that verse that I can gather anything from. The colours are obviously metaphors for something or another, but I have no idea what so I honestly couldn’t tell you.” The poor man looked a little grim. “However, although the first part seems to foretell apocalypse, the second seems to tell us that it all get solved so perhaps we don’t even have to worry.”

“If we didn’t need to worry, then she never would have said anything. Maybe we do have to do something, but she’s just letting us know that we’ll win.”

“That could very well be the case, but until then, all we can do is look in books and hope something reveals itself.”

***

The rest of the week was a complete bust. None of the books in Giles’ library seemed to give any clues, or hold any information, and if they did, the gang hadn’t realized it. They had been stuck in the library for hours, Buffy patrolling while the gang scoured the books, looking for something, anything. Patrol had been uneventful, except for the few usual fledglings, and a demon that seemed more interested in eating his chicken wings than hurting anybody. Although Buffy thought that he should probably be cutting down, because he looked a bit like his race took the saying ‘You are what you eat’ just a tad too seriously. That guy had had way too much skin.

Buffy hadn’t found anything more on Jonathon either, and the gang were getting pretty tense, worrying about him, so the blonde had suggested dancing down at the Bronze for a couple of hours to unwind a little. So there they were, on a Friday night, each with a soda back at the table waiting for them as they danced to Since You Been Gone or whatever it was called. Buffy didn’t much care right now. She just wanted to work up a bit of a sweat, then go kick some vampire butt.

They danced for a half hour before heading back to the table, all of them gulping down their colas.

“More, guys?” Xander and Willow both nodded, so Buffy grabbed her purse and head for the bar, waiting her turn. Eventually, the bartender turned to her and she ordered, grabbing the cups and turning to head back. However, she crashed as she turned, looking up from the spilt cups to look up into the pissed off eyes of a certain dark haired vampire.

“Be a little more careful, lover. This is a silk shirt.” Angelus was scowling down at her, and Buffy tried to take a step back, but she bumped into the bar.

However, she realized what she was doing and stopped trying to move away, and instead, hardening her features as she looked at him.

“We’re not lovers, Angelus. We were never lovers, and never will be lovers. To be lovers, you need love. What we had was sex. Bad sex at that. God, if I was a lousy lay, what the hell were you? And as for your silk shirt…” Buffy looked him up and down, before smirking at him. “It really doesn’t suit you. The colour is so very wrong for your complexion.”

Angelus snarled and stepped closer looking down at her.

“Don’t mess with me little girl.”

“Oh, use less hair gel. Your hair sticks up funny.” She pushed past him, balancing the still fairly full cups of drinks. However, what he said next made her freeze.

“Oh, Buffy. I’m wondering if you’ve checked up on your family tonight. I gotta say, that sister of yours is a delicious little piece.”

Buffy turned around and fixed a glare on the vampire.

“You stay the hell away from my family. You go near them, and I will kill you.” She frowned and then shrugged. “Ok, I’m gonna kill you anyway, but I’m kill you in a much more painful way.”

“Then you better kill me.” Angelus sent her a taunting grin and turned, disappearing into the crowd. Buffy frowned, heading back to the table.

“Guys, I think Angelus has… done something. I don’t know. I have to go and check on Mom and Dawn.”

“Why? Buffy? Was he here?” Willow looked worried. So much for dancing away the tension. It had all just come rushing back ten-fold. Worrying about Jonathon was nothing compared to worrying about a threat to her family.

“Yeh. I’ve got to go.” Buffy grabbed her jacket and looked over as Xander and Willow stood, both saying, “We’re coming,” in unison. Buffy simply looked at them for a second before nodding.

“Ok. Come on.”

***

Buffy opened the door and entered the room, witnessing Joyce come out form the living room, worry on her face.

“Buffy, have you seen Dawn?” She had bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep over the past few days, and they made her look awful. “She hasn’t come home, and I called all her friends. Janice’s mother said she dropped her off at the corner of the street, but there’s no trace of her. No books, no bag, not the jacket she took with her today. She’s just… gone, Buffy.”


Chapter End Notes:
Imagine - Angelus goes home and frets about not being good in bed. Drusilla assures him he is. Spike laughs.