Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright. So This is my first attempt at a Song Fic. I do believe. So Eh. Leave Hate or Goodies. IDK. haha. Anyways. The Song in this Chapter has to be given credit to Maroon 5 - Through with you.
Now on that note, Listen to the song if you please. I'll see if I can embed it into the end notes, Anyways. All the music I choose, will be using the lyrics, but mind you their bands are punk. Which means, Listen to it, and think of it as a little more punk rockish than what it really is. Alright :) I was looking for great lyrics, not screaming crap :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Spike swaggered up to the microphone taking it out of the stand, as the words seemed to just roll off his lips. He knew this song better than the rest; as he sung he thought back to the first time he sang it at the Bronze when they just had their first gig at their local club. He felt like he was reliving it all over again. He kept singing out the words as his mind took him back five years to when he has first sang the song.

"Can you see me?
Floating above your head
As you lay in bed
Thinking about everything
That you did not do
Cause saying I love you
Has nothing to do with meaning it"



He sang out, looking up at her. Waiting for something in her eyes to give way, saying that they could try again once more. But he kept his performance up. They couldn't risk messing up, and he knew it. This would open up doors in L.A.

He swaggered around the stage, looking up at his bass player Oz and then glancing back to lock his eyes with hers.


"And I don't trust you
Cause every time you're here
Your intentions are unclear
I spend every hour waiting for a phone call
That I know will never come
I used to think you were the one
Now I'm sick of thinking anything at all"


Looking over at his guitar player, Gunn, he smiled. Gunn gave him the nod of confidence that Spike needed. He smiled at Gunn and slithered his way to share the microphone with him, and they bellowed out the next verse.

"You ain't ever coming back to me
That's not how things were supposed to be
You take my hand just to give it back
No other lover has ever done that"


He swaggered away from Gunn, looking back to his drum player. Wood, nodding to him and giving him a smirk, Wood nodded back to Spike, and he turned around to see his key player, Xander. Spike gave him a winning smile, turning it into what would later be his million dollar trademark smirk, then glancing back at the fans who had come to watch them perform.


"Do you remember?
The way we used to melt
Do you remember how it felt?
When I touched you
Oh cause I remember very well
And how long has it been
Since someone you let in
Has given what I gave to you
And at night when you sleep
Do you dream I would be there?
Just for a minute or two do you?"


He bellowed out more lyrics as he swaggered and stalked across the stage, glancing and trying to flirt with the girls who were screaming out towards him. He tried his best, still keeping his eyes on the girl who had just broken his heart not but a few days before this performance.

"You ain't ever coming back to me
That's not how things were supposed to be
You take my hand just to give it back
No other lover has ever done that"


She got up not wanting to hear anymore. She showed up because he had asked her to, even after she had crushed what was left of him. This wasn't the man she grew up with and this wasn't the man she wanted in her life anymore. She set a few bills down in the booklet and grabbed her purse. She spoke a few words to her friends and she headed for the exit.

He swaggered over to Xander, sharing the microphone with him as they bellowed out the rest of the song.

"Heartache heartache I just have so much
A simple love with a complex touch
There is nothing you can say or do
I called to let you know I'm through with you."


The rest of the lyrics hit her as she walked towards the door, trying to keep the tears from falling until she made it out outside. She wasn't going to let him see her cry. She knew that song was written for her; she wasn't stupid. She looked back at him as she walked out of the Bronze and his life for good. She wasn't going to look back. She had already told her friends her intentions, and they said they would catch up with her. He finished the song.


Bringing his mind back to the present time, he called to the fans. "Thanks for coming to watch us play, look out for our new cd, self titled, Spike's Hell Fiends. There will be tee shirts and all 'f those great little goodies, at the door for you to purchase." He put the microphone back into the stand.

They had finished their set, and were not getting ready for the little break before finishing up with the second set. He stalked off of the stage, seeing his mates heading into the dressing room.

"Nice work, mate. Keep up the good work whelp, haven't seen a keys player as good as you, wouldn't want to lose you this year either. Same to you Gunn and Wood. Oz, you on the other need to quit out shining me with your awe-inspiring bass playing. Pretty soon you'll be getting all the girls, and what'll I have to look forward to at night?" He said joking with Oz.

"Movies." Oz stated. He wasn't the type to talk all that much. Pretty much with the one worded answers.

"Don't worry about it Spike. I'm sure you could still get anyone with those looks, voice and leather." Came the reply from Gunn; he'd known him longer than the rest, although he had gone to school with all of them.

"Just not the one I keep looking for right?" He mumbled under his breath.

"You'll find her man." Wood stated, as they carried off to get some rest in their little thirty minute break before they had to go carry on some more tunes.


Chapter End Notes:
Alright. I added in my player that has a long of the songs I might or might not use for this story. Anyways. Just hit pop out player, and the song is Yet again. Through With You by Maroon Five. Might be on the bottom of the list. Took me a while to find the perfect song :) Anyways. REVIEW PLEASE!! :)

My Lovely Banner was made by Xaphania!! It's amazing!!