Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay. I'm sad to say. I start working at Cedar Point, as a Life Guard for Soak City, like Monday. -sighs- So. I honestly don't know when Torri will get Chapter Six to me. Let alone when/ if I'll have time to even get it posted. Although I will try my damn hardest to get it posted soon. Plus I'll make sure I have seven written before posting Six. Cause Six has a HUGE cliff hanger that I don't want hate reviews written for. Nor do I want my life on the line :) Sooo In Regards to all that Lovely-ness...-rolls eyes- HERE IS CHAPTER FIVE :) With its own lovely cliff hanger :) Please Review Ladies & Gents :)
Two Days Later- L.A.
 
Spike sat in one of the dressing rooms working on some new lyrics. They already had about ten songs together for a new album;they just needed a few more to complete it. He called Gunn over to test out a small portion of the lyrics. He had been working on them for a few hours now, and wanted to see what he thought of them.
 
“New lyrics, man?” Gunn asked, pulling out a chair and sitting on it backwards.
 
“Yeah, was gonna see what you thought of a some of ‘em…” ) He ran his hand through his hair, letting loose some of his curls that he’d fix later before the show.
 
“Let’s hear them, man. Pick a tempo and belt it.” He laughed, giving Spike some more courage.
 
“Alright.” Spike tapped a quiet tempo out with his boot, nodding his head as the new lyrics he was working out rang out into the room.
 
“I'm still walkin' down Memory Lane
'Cuz I know I'll be runnin' into you
Reminiscin' through the pain
Recallin' things that we used to do
I'm lookin' up an old flame
Down on Heartbreak Avenue
I'm still walkin' down Memory Lane
'Cuz I know I'll be runnin'into you.”

 
He stopped the beat of his foot and looked at Gunn. “Well mate?”
 
“I like it.“ Gunn grinned. “Seems like her bounding back into your life will make a big impact on our lyrics, which will be amazing for the new album.” Gunn shifted his weight in the chair.
 
“Yeah…I’m gonna go head off to clear my mind for a few hours. Thanks for the ear, Gunn.” He said, while he closed his lyric book. Getting up from the table, he headed into the back of the stage area. He wanted to know who the second show after them was tonight, mainly because it was a Monday night.
 
As he walked, lost in thought, he bumped into someone. “Watch where you’re walking, Bleach Boy!” He stopped, looking back at the tiny blonde girl.
 
“Buffy, your band is the second one tonight?” He took a step closer to her, titling his head.
 
“Actually, I was just heading to the other band’s room to let them know, they’re playing second now.”  
 
“What? We got moved to second tonight. Why?” His hand dug threw his duster looking for a fag and his lighter.
 
“Since they called us last minute. We told them we’d do the show, but only if we played first. It’s a Monday night after all. I’m sure you’ll live Fang Face.” She said, she giggled as she started walking away. “Oh and move your equipment, we need to set up. Thanks!” She called out over her shoulder.
 
Hours Later.
 
All the equipment was switched out and now they were just relaxing hours before the show.
“Hey Faith. Tell me how this sounds, okay? I’m working on some new lyrics for the big show-off band show at Radio City Music Hall.”
 
“Rock it, B!” She paused her video game, turning to face Buffy. Buffy tapped her hand against the table setting her tempo as her voice softly rang out.
 
“La, la, lie, lie
And it leaves you with nothing but regrets
Just owning my mistakes
Walking with them
Walk the talk
Of my mistakes
Can't blame anyone
For anything I've done
They're my mistakes”

 
“So what do you think?” She stopped the small beat she was keeping as she shifted her body to look up at Faith.
 
“Wow B! That’s killer. I’m sure there’s more to it than that. Still a work in perfection right?! Plus it’s nice to see something come out in our lyrics based on the past!”
 
“I know.” She spoke softly.
 
“What type of a beat are you thinking?”
 
“Not sure yet. I’ll pull my guitar out a bit later and see.”
 
“Let me know when you do, I’ll grab the sticks and see what’s good, yeah?”
 
Buffy closed up her lyrics journal. “Yeah, that’d be some jam session. I’m gonna go walk for a bit, clear my mind. Okay…”
 
“Yeah, just be careful, B.”
 
She laughed. “Five by five, right Faith?”

“Yeah five by five B! ” She turned back to her video game and started playing again.
 
Buffy walked out of the room and out into the cool night air from a door just outside their dressing room. Thinking of her run in with Spike and the years they had dated, even if she apologized she still didn’t know if they could be a couple. Plus the secret she didn’t think he was ready to know yet. As Buffy slowly walked into the night, she checked the time so she could be sure she’d be back in time to get into her stage make-up.
 
She decided to run through her lyrics seeing if she could come up with more.
 
“Owning my mistakes
Owning my mistakes
Gotta get a witness, witness
Gotta get a witness, witness
Well there's nothing good came from guilt
Better give it up, give it up and move on
Just owning my mistakes….”

 
She softly sang out the words to the song she was roaming over in her head, trying to clear it.

Spike was trying to work out his own beat and lyrics as he walked, but his thoughts were interrupted when he spotted Buffy. Walking up alongside her, he cut into her thoughts too.

“Slayer, new lyrics?” He dug a fag out of his duster as Buffy turned and decked him in the nose. “Oi Slayer!” He said, grabbing his nose.
 
“You shouldn’t sneak up on Slayers, and yeah they’re new lyrics, no stealing them either!” She gave him a glare.
 
“Wouldn’t dream of it, pet. So out for a quick patrol?” he questioned her tilting his head.
 
“No, a walk. You?” She asked, looking up into his blue eyes.
“Food.” He stated simply.
 
“Spike there’s plenty of food….Oh! You can’t be serious!” She stated, pulling out a stake.
 
“I’m not. I was just clearing my mind, been seeing you around too much and can’t handle it.” he lit up his fag, taking a drag.
 
“I’m sorry to be in your way, hun.” She noticed her slipup at the same time Spike noticed it. Tossing his smoke, he grabbed her hips and smashed his lips to hers. Just as quickly as it happened, it ended.
 
“Why?” She asked, still in his embrace, looking up at him.
 
“Cause I still love you Buffy.” He said, his grip still firmly on her hips…