Photobucket

Chapter 7:

Spike must have heard her wrong. This was not an if-I-lose-a-bet-you-have-to-kiss-me situation when they were ten years old, this was kissing as adults.

“What?!” he exclaimed.

“It’s the only way” she explained.

“Only way to what?!”

Buffy rolled her eyes and dragged him into the house by his arm. When she shut the door and turned around to look at him, she noticed he looked sort of scared and pale.

“It’s the only way to see if this thing between us is sexual tension or the simple enjoyment of pissing each other off.”

“And we have to kiss for you to know?!”

“For US to know and why are you so scared? It’s just me…you taunt me a million times a day…you should feel nothing when you kiss me.”

‘She’s right’ he thought to himself, if he kissed her he SHOULD feel not one ounce of affection for her. However, that SHOULD wasn’t hold much weight to him with all the memories that keep popping in his head.

“Oh come one Spike, just do it so you can go home and I can go to bed” she complained, acting like it was a chore that her mother wanted her to do all day but she procrastinated.

“Fine! Fine, fine, fine…” he muttered and stepped forward, “This is stupid though…I mean you have a boyfriend…what’s Angel gonna say when he finds out I’m lip wrestling you?”

“It’s not like we are doing it out of enjoyment” she said.

Spike raised a brow, ‘Say again?’

“I mean it’s just an experiment...one kiss…”

“One kiss…” he muttered to himself.

“I won’t tell Dru if you won’t tell Angel.”

Spike didn’t bother correcting Buffy and telling her that it didn’t matter to Drusilla anymore whether he kissed her or not. He figured she find out soon enough through the network of gossip girls at school on Monday morning.

“Okay?” Buffy asked when he didn’t respond.

“Okay…right…our secret” he muttered.

“Good…okay, so kiss me” she ordered.

“What?”

“Kiss me…”

“Why should I go in for the kill, you do it…it’s your idea” he argued.

“‘Go in for the kill?’ ” she repeated, "Is that what you call it?"

“You suggested it, you kiss me.”

“Would you be a gentleman for a few seconds and initiate the stupid kiss?” she stomped her foot on the ground.

“Buffy?!” a shout from up the stairs interrupted them.

“Everything is fine mom!” Buffy yelled back quickly, hoping to God that her mother wouldn’t come downstairs to see what was going on.

“Who’s down there?” Mrs. Summers shouted.

“It’s Spike…he’s just leaving…” Buffy opened the front door and directed Spike out into the darkness.

“Wait, I thought we were—“ Spike started but got interrupted.

“Shut up! Shut up!” she scolded in a whisper as she pushed him out the door “We’ll do it outside…”

Once the door was closed, Buffy turned around and glared at the bleached blond menace that stood under her porch lamp.

“What’s wrong, your mum is not happy to see her future son-in-law?” he teased.

“Shut up or I’ll knock you in your family jewels” she threatened.

“If you do, you’re facing the consequences of us not having Little Spike and Little Buffy” he continued with his quick witted comments.

“Well I’m glad that you’re so nonchalant about the results of this stupid poll, but I’m not.”

“Why’s that, because you and ANGEL didn’t get picked for most likely to shag?”

Buffy gritted her teeth and clenched her fist, “Don’t you care what other people think?”

“This is me pet, I wear a leather duster and bleach my hair, opinions from others are a yawnfest for me….unlike you.”

“Don’t you get it Spike, this isn’t a joke…our FRIENDS voted for us...people think this teasing between us is just a cover, a cover for our desire for one another.”

“Ya so?’

“So….is it?”

“Is it?”

“A cover for our desire”

Spike stared at her like he was a deer caught in front of headlights.

“Just…just kiss me so I can see for myself…”

“See what?”

“Just…just….just come here”

Buffy didn’t let him get another word in as she grabbed the collar of his leather duster, tugged him forward, and attacked his lips with hers. For thirty seconds their lips for fused together; they didn’t moan or make a move to go to second base. They hardly even stayed at first base.

When Buffy pulled back she looked up to see Spike’s
reaction, “Well?”

“Well what?”

“Well…did that…did you…” she stumbled to find words, “Did that do anything for you?”

“How about you…?”

Spike wasn’t going to play her game; she wanted them to kiss so they kissed. Now it was her turn to say what she felt.

“I asked you first” Buffy argued.

“So? I asked you second.”

“If you don’t answer I’m going to kiss you again until you tell me the truth" she threatened, acting like it was the most horrible punishment in the world.

“Go ahead”

“Fine”

“Fine”

“Fine!” Buffy yelled and grabbed the back of his head again and brought it to her mouth.

When they pulled back the second time Buffy jumped back and held her lip, “You bit me!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“It was only a little nibble”

“There will be no nibbling…” Buffy touched her lip with her finger and brought it down to see if he drew blood.

“What’s the matter love, not the nibbling type? Knew you couldn’t take it.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Buffy snapped.

“Means you and Angel must trade Eskimo kisses or something…man doesn’t have a spark of passion in his body.”

“Oh, so you and Drusilla what? Rip each others throats out when you make out?”

“No, but at least we didn’t do Eskimo kisses…it’s like getting a giant hug.”

“We have passion…I have loads of passion.” Buffy argued.

“Oh ya?! Prove it…lets see how far you go with kissing me…”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The next day…

Willow glanced at her quiet friend as they walked down Main Street passing a number of stores. They already passed two shoe stores that had sales and Buffy still didn’t jump for joy and drag Willow back to the black leather boots section. Needless to say the redhead was worried.

“Are you okay?”

Buffy, who was walking in sort of a zoned out mode, finally snapped back to present day.

“Huh?”

“Okay, now what’s the matter? You still hate me about the poll?”

“What? No, I told you I’m over that…why would I still be hold onto that stupid…stupid thing?”

“Because we just passed a number of stores that had sales and you didn’t even glance in the window.”

“Oh…” Buffy saw her point.

“Did you talk to Spike?” Willow asked.

“What?! Why would I talk to him? I hate Spike why would I even…why?!” Buffy started to freak.

“Okay…I think I finally figured out the problem—Spike.” Willow muttered, “But as usual, it’s going to be like pulling teeth with you to find out the actually problem, isn’t it?”

They continued to walk, Buffy stayed mute.

“Buffy…what happened? What did he do? What did you do?”

“Spike…” the rest of the sentence got cut off by mumbling.

“What?” Willow asked.

“Spike and I…” once again she mumbled the most important part of the sentence in quiet voice.

“Spike and you…?”

“Spike and I had sex okay?!”

Buffy yelled loud enough that a few older ladies stopped on the sidewalk to stare at the two teens in disapproval. Buffy and Willow ignored them.

“Now you know, satisfied?” Buffy asked Willow

“Ummm no, not really…more importantly, were you?”

TBC…