Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't know if anyone is still interested in reading this but here it is anyway.
“So… how do you think we did last night? Am I off the most wanted gay man list yet?” Spike chuckled as he bumped her shoulder. He let himself enjoy the feeling of her tiny hand in his own as they strolled down Rodeo Drive together. Desperately, he tried to keep his mind anywhere but the limo ride back to her home the night before and off the feeling of her hot little body pressed up against his as she kissed her way down his neck.

“I don’t know, I think it might need a little more convincing.” She smiled brightly up at him. “Besides there’s paparazzi at twelve o’clock. Kiss me please.” She leaned into him, taking him by surprise as her lips engaged his in a friendly battle.

He groaned at the feeling of her taut body pressed against his and gently shoved her from him as he felt his body begin to respond to hers. She had made it perfectly clear that they would never be engaging in anything other than what had to be done for publicity and he didn’t know how much longer he could take it before he shoved her to the ground and had his wicked way with her.

‘Bloody hell if those jeans get any tighter…” Spike internal musings were broken when she tugged him behind her as she smiled for the paparazzi across the street. His arms wrapped themselves around her waist as if on their own accord as he plastered a smile of his own across his face.

Previous Night

“Buffy, can you tell us what you’re wearing tonight?” Allison Carlisle of Ok! Magazine asked the petite blonde as she gazed over the distracted-looking Spike. He stood at Buffy’s side with his head lowered against her own as he tried to keep his eyes focused on the reporter in front of them and not down the blonde’s dress. Her hot hand was buried inside his own with their fingers entwined as they fended off the reporters eager to get the scoop on the new couple.

“It’s actually Vera Wang and Spike is wearing Armani.” Buffy shifted closer to her wide-eyed escort in hopes of breaking him of his stupor. With a small smile down to her, he relaxed his crushing hold on her hand and allowed to arms to entangle around her tiny waist.

“Now I have to ask, are you two dating? You’ve been seen around quite a bit and it’s rumored that he flew to Australia to visit you on the set of Scooby Doo is that true?” The brunette reporter leaned closer to the couple as they fought to keep their composure.

“We are dating and as for Australia, that’s really no one’s business but our own. Thank you.” Buffy tugged Spike behind her towards yet another reporter as he tried to rally some of his old swagger on the red carpet.

“What do your kids think of this?”

Spike tugged her to a stop to answer the young man’s question, much to the protest of his date for the evening.

“Our kids are none of your bloody business, you soddin’ wanker.”

“To answer your question they are just fine with us dating and we have no further comments at this time. Thank you.” Buffy dragged him further along and once they had a moment of semi-silence, she reamed into him. “What the fuck is your problem Spike? Just tell them no comment! It’s not that hard. Just drop the bloody and say no comment.” She whispered harshly, careful to maintain a smiling profile for photographers.

“William! Buffy! Over here!” In sync they turned towards the newest onslaught of reporters and photographs as they made the slow trek towards the private viewing.

“Buffy! Buffy! How long have you been dating?” In response, the pair gave each a tiny nod before engaging in a long passion- filled kiss sure to land them on the front cover of every tabloid.

The next day…

“Spike! Hello earth to Spike! Hey! He’s totally checking you out, should I give him your number?” Buffy waved her hand in front of his temporarily blinded eyes as he focused across the street.

“Soddin’ hell No! It’s Cordelia luv.” He pointed across the street to where his ex-wife was currently entangled in the arms of a hulking brunette man.

“Oh! Well, did you want to go say hi to her or something?” Buffy avoided his eyes as she masked her own disappointment at seeing Spike’s true love. The heartbreak in his eyes was evident and she briefly wondered how much it would take for him to go running back to the cold-hearted woman.

“No, I really don’t pet. Let’s say we take in lunch or something. Give the paparazzi something to really write home ‘bout.” He gently tugged her away from the street in attempts to put as much distance between his ex-wife and her new lover and himself. Wrapping his arm around Buffy’s shoulders he could feel the tension radiating off of her and briefly wondered if anything had happened between her and that Angelus chap.

Later at the Summers residence

Buffy sat in Spike’s lap while they checked the usual tabloid webpage’s. A couple still claimed that their dating experiment was all just a ruse to take the pressure off of his ‘coming out’ but a few proclaimed them the newest ‘It’ couple.

“So how does it feel?” Buffy leaned against his chest as she clicked on the next page.

‘Bloody hell does she know what she’s asking?’ He tried to discreetly readjust himself from her squirming moments before. “Feel what pet?”

“Gay rumors are going down. I figure in a month or so we can stage a big break-up and you’ll be fine. We’ll just tell them that yes we were together starting with the movie premiere and no you were never gay but we decided to part ways. Sound good?”

His lips crashed on her own before she had time to question him and before long his hands were mapping out her body as they weaseled their way under her shirt and towards the zipper of her jeans.

Spinning around to face him, her fingers did their own mapping and tugged at his hair to bring him closer to her, all the while tugging at his shirt in an effort to discard it.