Spike sighed in relief once they had made it past the front doors of the luxurious club, escaping the mob waiting outside. The paparazzi had been out in full force and it seemed the blonde duo was the main prize of the evening. He blinked as he tried to focus his eyes once more on the woman beside him, without the interruption of flashing lights and screams from fans.

“You look a little freaked out.” Buffy tugged at his tie to loosen it before deciding to rid him of it completely and quickly jammed it into her pint-sized Marc Jacobs handbag.

Spike blinked at her, his vision still not back to normal as it adjusted to the flashing lights overhead. “They’re like bloody piranhas, thought we were done for out there. ‘ow the hell do you do this every time you walk out ‘f the house, luv?”

Buffy blushed and turned her head away from him, “Normally I don’t. There’s a back entrance if you don’t want to face the paparazzi. I just wanted to see how you would handle it and let’s face it, we need all the publicity we can get in the time we’re together” She made air quotes to emphasize her point that they weren’t an actual couple, not for lack of trying on his part.

“You made me face the bloody hounds, for what, a giggle?” At her nod, he glared at her, “You’re jus’ lucky you’re bloody cute, Summers.”

Buffy laughed, “Or what? You’ll throw me over your knee and spank me?”

His gulp was audible as he stared at her and silently willed his erection back down to ground zero.

He followed her up the stairs and towards a secluded table in the back of the room with a great view of the main dance floor. His hand burned and yearned as he kept contact with her bare back and concentrated on not staring at the tiny black dress or her long shapely legs. Instead he focused on taking each stair one at a time and praying to the high heavens he didn’t trip and make a fool out of himself. Taking a seat beside her on the black leather couch he wrapped an arm around her waist while she quickly ordered drinks for the both of them and concentrated on viewing the dancers already on the floor.

“See anything you like, kitten?” His breath brushed by her cheek as she involuntarily shuddered.

“Just looking. Isn’t that Harmony Kendall?” Buffy pointed towards the fake blonde bouncing around the dance floor from one man to another. The girl was clearly in her element as she babbled and was steered around by various males eager to take her home for free publicity and the enticement of sex.

Spike stared wide-eyed at the bouncing blonde twit bouncing ever closer towards them as she popped up the stairs. “Don’ suppose you’d fancy a dance, luv?” He didn’t bother giving her time to respond before he tugged her behind him past the pink-clad Harmony.

He tugged her close and wrapped his arms snugly around her waist as he delighted in the fact that her arms had wrapped around his neck of their own volition. They swayed lightly to the bouncing music, uncaring that they were moving far too slowly to match the beat.

“So this is you trying to escape the dreaded Harmony?” Buffy chuckled, “Funny, I thought most guys wanted her.” She tilted her head back and spotted Harmony glaring down at them from the balcony. “It looks like she wants you.”

Spike merely grunted and tugged her closer to his body, reveling in her warmed flesh against his own skin. His eyes widened at her next statement.

“You should go talk to her. Who knows you might have something in common and hit it off.”

He blinked, “You want me to what?!”

Buffy chuckled softly, “It’s just a suggestion. I know you said you were really having feelings for someone and I thought maybe it was Harmony. You did get really defensive when I mentioned her the other night in the car.” She tilted her upwards to meet his eyes, “Was I wrong?”

“Bloody right you thought wrong! I wouldn’t touch that bint with a ten-foot pole.” He shook his head and brushed his lips against her forehead. “Like I said before there’s only one girl for me ‘n it’s not Harmony.”

She glanced around the room, “Are you going to tell me who it is? Or should I start looking at the waiters?”

“You’d better not be lookin’ at any waiters, luv. Vultures might start thinkin’ I can’t satisfy my girl ‘n that’s worse than the gay rumors.”

She smirked, “And could you…satisfy me that is? Think you’re man enough?” She wiggled her hips against his seductively as she nibbled lightly on his neck.

He groaned lightly, “Playin’ with fire luv.”

“Who says I’m playing?” She nipped at his jugular, eliciting another moan from him. “I want this…I want you.” Her hand ran down his back before lightly cupping his buttocks before rising again to his shoulder. “Don’t you?”

“More than anything, kitten, more than anything.”

She chuckled lightly, “Then tell me who you like. Tell me who turns…you…on.” Buffy pulled away slightly to gaze into his lust-filled eyes.
He couldn’t speak. For the first time in his life, William Pratt was lost for words. He continued to stare at the woman of his dreams as she danced seductively before him and he couldn’t say a thing. All he had to say was her name and they would be on their way to fulfilling fantasy number one…amongst others, and he couldn’t say the word.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Nothing, not even a peep or a gurgle so he settled as his head shot down and captured her lips with his own. His tongue prodded its way into her mouth as he traced, nibbled and explored.

“You. I want you, Buffy, all of you. Not jus’ this thing we have now, I want you always ‘n forever, by my side ‘n as my girl.” His voice crackled but the words rang truer than true as they hit the small space between their barely swaying bodies.

She watched him incredulously, “You want me? You could have your pick of anyone in this room and you want the single mother?”

“Told you before that I wanted you ‘n that hasn’t changed. ‘m in love with you Buffy ‘n always will be.”

“Guess that answers my next question. Although, I might as well still ask…Hawaii. Go with me?” She nearly burst out laughing at his expression. Sure, it wasn’t the most subtle way to ask him to accompany her to a premiere.

He grinned, “You ‘n me on the beach…all alone?”

“At a premiere and then a week on the beach, yeah that sounds about right.” She giggled softly at his expression. “You’ll go, right?”

“Couldn’t keep me away, pet, jus’ one question though.” He crinkled his brow. “What are we goin’ as? Gay man ‘n his best friend, real couple or are we jus’ friends?

It was her turn to smile at him as she clutched his head in her hand and leaned up to kiss his cheek. “I was thinking we could continue what we were doing earlier and see where it takes us…maybe the beach?”