“So how do we do this pet?” Spike rearranged his black slacks as he took in the expanse of golden thigh exposed to him through the high slit in her dress. The light blue dress highlighted her toned figure as it exposed her back and a generous amount of thigh every time she moved. Spike groaned as the slit in the front inched its way higher to the place he would give anything to be as she moved in her seat next to him. He briefly contemplated daring a look to see if she was covering down below but thought the better of it as her mouth opened to answer his question. He quickly straightened his black jacket in an attempt to cover the certain part of his anatomy that had taken an immense liking to the woman seated beside him.

“It’s not that hard Spike…I fawn over you, you look at me like I’m the only woman in the world…Boom! Instant press. C’mon you did it with Cordelia long enough to know what to do to get on the paparazzo’s good side. We should be the lead story on every website tomorrow if we do this right. I think we should also finish off the red carpet walk with a kiss, just enough to give them something to talk about but not so much that they think this is all just publicity even though it really is.”

“Right, so how much tongue are we talking? Cause I for one would like to make this ‘Is he bloody gay’ rumor go away…tonight.” ‘Not to mention I’ll be kissing the most beautiful woman there and I’d like to get copies of the event’ He made a mental note to pick up as many celebrity gossip magazine’s the next week as humanly possible. ‘Maybe have them framed, put ‘em in a special room to commemorate the event.’

“Hmm…little bit maybe or maybe none at all, just more than would be polite among friends?” Buffy weighed her options of kissing the man she had called her friend for the past few years. Sure he was a great kisser but did she really want to encourage him anymore than she already had? She recalled their last conversation but dismissed it immediately as it was probably just him wanting to actually date her in an effort to stop the gay rumors from circulating. ‘Damn he really is hot. Maybe if I just… No bad Buffy!’

“And do you usually use tongue when you say ‘ello to friends pet? Wait, I guess you do.” Spike corrected himself at her raised brow.

“So tell me about this girl you’ve got your eye on? Is she pretty?” Buffy swallowed back the lump that was forming in her throat as she smiled at him.

“Very pretty luv, bleedin’ gorgeous is how I would describe ‘er.” Spike smiled wistfully as Buffy’s smile was drowned out by the need to frown at his new love interest. ‘Of course he wouldn’t be interested in you…single mother, widow to his best friend…not exactly a catch Summers.’

“Let me guess who it is! We’ve got time before we get there. Is it Harmony Kendall? I mean she’s pretty, I guess, in a kind of ‘fuck me I’m easy’ sort of way.” She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, the silky fabric of her dress riding higher along her thighs.

‘Bloody hell she’s going to kill me with that dress tonight. I can almost see…right question. Harmony…Harmony I know I’ve heard that name before…’ “’S not Harmony pet. That daft bint couldn’t hold an intellectual conversation to save her life. No, my girl’s smart, real smart.”

“Ok then is it Faith Lehane? I mean she was in that one movie with the cheerleaders and seriously, the girl’s got a great pair of legs…so is it her?” Buffy played with the ends of her hair as they tickled the base of her neck from the high ponytail.

“That crazy bird from that was in ‘Slayers’ with you? No thank you. ‘ad enough crazy with Cordy to last me a lifetime. No this girl is well worth it. Smart, gorgeous, killer wit…she’s got it all.” Spike never noticed her small huff of indignation as he focused on her killer thighs again. ‘Six feet under and I’d still be her willin’ slave.’

Buffy squirmed just a little bit more under his gaze as she wracked her brain for women meeting his description. “Kathy Newman from that show with the college? I mean she’s pretty but wait! Give me physical descriptors!” ‘If he pouts like that one more time I swear I’m going to…’ Her eyes shifted towards his eyes before she realized he was speaking again.

“…Newman. Girl’s blonde when she wants to be, real pretty eyes, cutest little nose and best part is she’s got a heart ‘f gold.” ’Is she pouting? Going to get that lip…’

“Miss Summers? We’re here.” The limo’s driver peeked in through the window separating the passenger’s from him.

“Ready?” Buffy gave him a killer smile before focusing on the fans waiting outside the door as he climbed out first before offering her a hand out.

They graced the red carpet in style and elegance as she took his crooked arm and walked down behind the main stars of the event.

Spike leaned down and whispered in her ear. “This many people for a movie ‘bout a boy that turns into a spider?”

Buffy stifled a laugh as she gave him a peck on the cheek, careful to catch the eye of as many photographers as possible when she did it before answering him. “He takes on aspects of a spider to protect people. Kind of like Superman, only less kryptonite.”

“So ‘e protects the city from bugs?” Spike grazed the side of her earlobe on his descent, delighting in the shiver her body gave as she clutched tighter onto his arm. His head tilted to the side as he realized she was genuinely enjoying his company instead of just playing along for the sake of the camera. ‘Not to mention I’ve got a great view of her…down boy!’

“Spider talk later, just smile and wave.” Buffy grinned at him before turning towards a waving reporter.