Author's Chapter Notes:
review, review, I Love You :)
Chapter 8


William excused himself from the poolside. He told Cordy he needed to make a phone call and offered to make some sandwiches for them once he was done. Cordy was relieved, as the sexual tension was a bit thick. Plus she’d get some tan time in before lunch.

William grabbed his mobile from the coffee table on the way to his room. He needed to call his one true friend, his cousin Wesley in England. Checking his watch, he knew Wes would be awake.

He rung Wesley and brought him up to speed on the entire situation. Wesley wasn’t exactly a player, but he did enjoy female company far more than Will ever had. He hoped Wes would have some advice worth taking.

“So you’re telling me that these girls are not only enjoying each other’s company, but seem to be interested in you as well? Are you sure you are reading this right, Will? Because this sort of thing doesn’t happen in real life very often.”

“Wesley, I need your advice. I don’t want to mess up this living arrangement, but I cannot walk around here looking like I have a pogo stick in my trousers!”

At that comment, Wesley stifled a laugh and knew Will was being serious. “Well, my friend, it appears you are in a situation that every man on this planet wishes he was in. You are living with two beautiful women, whom you adore, and they want you to join them in their love affair. I say, take the bull by the horns and make the first move. Did you officially give up your dorm yet?”

“Do you realize I can barely speak to a woman, let alone two beautiful ones! I have no idea what I’m doing.”

“Will, if you need me to fly in and hold your hand, the answer is no. Be the man that you are, let them make the first move if you’re more comfortable with that. If they are as interested in you as you seem to think, you probably won’t have to wait long for the topic to “arise”.” Wesley broke out in laughter on the other end of the call, frustrating Will to no end.

“Wesley, you, sir, are a cad. I will keep you posted. Thanks... I guess.”

Will found items in the refrigerator to make BLT sandwiches, and made up his mind that he would make a special dinner for his girls. His girls. He smiled at the fact that his brain had already claimed them both as his. He needed to at least show them he thought they were special, even if he couldn’t voice his feelings just yet. He gathered up the lunch on a tray and took it back out to Cordy.

Cordy heard the door open and turned to see William approaching her with a tray of food. His now dry chest looked even better than the sandwiches. There was a small table and chairs near where they were sitting and Cordy ushered him over to them.

Eating lunch together was much more comfortable. Cordy opened up to him about her dysfunctional family, and he told her about his mother’s death. They laughed together over television shows they both enjoyed, and discussed books they liked as well.

“Cordelia, would it be ok if I made a special dinner tonight for you and Buffy? I need to go to the store and pick up some groceries today anyway, but I would like very much to cook for you two. Dress-for-dinner special, if that’s all right with you.”

“Really? I think it sounds great! I am usually the cook here. I can’t remember the last time anyone made me a sandwich, let alone dinner. Buffy will be home in about an hour, we can tell her then. Hey, you should take the Jeep. We share everything here. We can get ready while you are fixing dinner.”

The excitement on her face caused his smile to widen. “Agreed, as long as Buffy is ok with it too. I want us to try to agree on everything, I couldn’t bear it if you two weren’t happy.”

Just as he finished his sentence, Buffy walked through the atrium and sat down at the table with them. Cordy excitedly told her about their dinner plans. Buffy tossed him the Jeep keys. “What time should we be ready?” The smile on her face had a tad bit of mischievousness to it. Was he reading the signs right? Bloody Hell, what if he wasn’t. He would have more time with them through the course of the evening to decide.



William returned home and he could hear the girls giggling in the bathroom as he put away the groceries and started dinner. He decided to make a lovely chicken in wine sauce, some risotto, and a salad. He had forgotten to ask them what they liked, so he figured he was safe with salad. He knew they liked that. When he had about thirty minutes till dinner was ready, he knocked on the bathroom door.

“Girls, almost dinner time and I need to take a shower too.”

“Ok, we will be right out!” Both girls had chimed in together. They were still giggling. He hoped he would always hear them as happy as they were right now.

He laid out his charcoal trousers and a crisp periwinkle blue shirt fresh from the cleaners and a matching silk tie. He heard the girls exit the bathroom and slam their bedroom door, indicating that the bathroom was free. He decided he would wear his contacts this evening as well. He grabbed his robe this time and went to shower.



Buffy and Cordelia were helping each other get ready for their “date” with William. They each had curled each other’s hair and applied their make up just right. Cordelia had picked a black cocktail dress with an extreme plunging neckline, so deep she had to use the tape to secure it, and side slits revealing most of her thighs. Buffy had chosen a white fitted strapless mini dress, barely reaching mid thigh. Both girls looked amazing and they couldn’t wait to see how William looked. They had discussed the possibility of William joining in the fun, but neither could figure out a way to approach him with out scaring him.

Will managed to get back to his room unnoticed. He dressed quickly and returned to the kitchen to fluff the risotto and prepare the plates before he called the girls.

He set the table, lit a few candles he’d found, and called them to dinner. He stood proudly by the table and the girls appeared from their room. Both looked amazing in their opposite attires. Brunette vs. blonde, black vs. white. He was blown away.

The girls both tried not to gawk at the gorgeous man in front of them. He was perfect. No one of them said a word for what seem like an eternity.

Buffy spoke first. “William, you look amazing. Thank you so much.” She walked up to him and in her heels, could reach his cheek, on which she placed a hot lingering kiss. She seated herself as Cordelia approached him.

“We are surely the luckiest girls in the world.” She too placed a kiss, lingering on the opposite side as Buffy and seated herself.

William was glad that the pants were roomy. He poured them each a glass of white wine and raised it in a toast. “I cannot thank you two enough for allowing me into your home and lives and making it mine as well.”

They each drank and William sat down to join them. The dinner went smoothly, each one flirting with the next. The food was wonderful and William admitted he had once considered becoming a chef. He had never really told anyone this. These girls made him feel so comfortable, he would have told them his pin number had they asked.

After dinner, all three cleaned up together in the small kitchen. The wine was long gone, but Buffy found another bottle and suggested they all go sit outside. The night was still young. The girls looked to Will, who was covering a yawn with his hand.

“I would love to, but I really must turn in. I’m afraid I wouldn’t be great company if I sat and yawned all evening. You two have fun, I’m gonna go lay down. I have had the best day I can remember.” He leaned toward each girl, and without a thought gently placed a kiss on each of their cheeks. He then walked to his room, his fingers lightly lingered on his lips. He had kissed them both. But had it been a friend kiss? Had he lingered long enough to let them know he intended more than friendship, without coming across like a pervert. What if he had lingered and they thought he was a pervert? Dear Lord, what had he done?


Outside with a glass of wine, the girls marveled at their evening.

“Do you think he would go for it? I mean, he seems so straight laced.” Buffy seemed concerned that they would upset him and he would leave.

“I think it’s every man’s fantasy to have two girls. Buffy, he likes us, I mean REALLY likes us. I think he is the missing piece to our puzzle,” Cordy said, refilling their glasses again.

“This wine is making me all horny. I wish we knew if he was into it….” Buffy put her hand on Cordelia’s thigh.

“I say we find out.”


Chapter End Notes:
review, review, I Love You :)