Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took so long to post. I could have sworn that I had already posted this but looking back obviously I didn't.
Three days later…

Spike sat nervously tapping his foot as he contemplated how many stakes were currently in the room to end his rather pitiful existence. Since Buffy had been admitted to the hospital he hadn’t left her side except when the doctors and nurses booted him out to assess her condition. Awake now, the slayer had yet to say anything to any of them, only brief forced smiles to her mother and the occasional glare to the whelp. Still with a total of twelve stakes and a couple of wooden chairs that could be put to use, Spike was feeling the tension and every instinct told him to either vamp out and take care of the problem or run. It was only when he felt a warm hand on his otherwise cold arm that he was broken from his internal debate with his demon.

“Is there anything I can get you?” The nurse gave him a shy smile as she quirked an eyebrow in his direction. She was devastatingly gorgeous and just his type with the dark exotic looks and mystery that surrounded her but he politely shook his head and turned his attention back to pale figure glaring at him from the bed.

“Well, Buffy, I’m your nurse for the night. My name is Alex so if you have any questions or need anything feel free to call the nurse’s station and I’ll be right down…and I didn’t catch your name sir.” Alex looked pointedly at the finger-tapping vampire.

“’M name’s Spike or William, if you like and uh, she’s my, uh, girlfriend.” He tried not to wince at the title of girlfriend in regards to the deadly slayer but in a way it was better than saying ‘owner’ as was the right of the claim.

“Alright William…Buffy feel free to call down if you need anything at all but otherwise I’ll be back in about an hour to check up on you.” Spike couldn’t help watching her ass sway as she walked back to the hallway, shutting the door behind her and leaving him in a confined space with the slayer.

“You know, I could have just moved into a chair if you really wanted to fuck her that bad. What is it with guys that they want to screw everything in sight and it’s even worse with vampires…don’t even tell me you didn’t want to.” She huffed and laid back against the bed as she struggled to stay in the bed like a good little patient. Her enhanced slayer healing had kicked in and she was healed for the most part, minus the emotional healing and the fact that Angelus had managed to break both of her legs, which were still bound in plaster casts even though she was convinced that they had mostly healed.

“No like that pet. Don’t want to ‘screw everything in sight’ as you said. Not that kind of vamp. I’ll have you know that I was faithful to Dru the entire time we were together, wasn’t even tempted ‘til you came along…let’s jus’ forget I said that last part, yeah?” He ducked his head in an uncharacteristically shy manner at his admission.

“Y-you were attracted to me?” Her dull eyes perked up and he was surprised to see some of that old fire back in the emerald orbs.

“Still am kitten. ‘s part of the reason Dru jumped at the chance to be back with her ‘Daddy’…never really loved me it turns out. Why did you think I was so willin’ to ‘elp you out?” He cocked his head to the side as he took in her slightly better mood. The fact that she was willing to talk, even if it was a harsh croaking tone was better than dead silence except for the occasional glare. “Anyway, ‘s not like anything can ever come from it. You’re the slayer and I’m, well, I’m technically your pet or something to the like…indentured servant maybe?”

“No. You aren’t my slave or anything like that…it was purely a business deal and besides, what did you expect me to do? Just a couple of days ago you wanted to kill me. How was I supposed to trust that you wouldn’t hand me over to Angelus?”

“Angel was bloody poof ‘n I never liked him anyway. Wouldn’t hand you over to the crazy fuck when I could have killed you myself.”

“Angelus did this to me, not Angel.” She bit her lip nervously at his enraged expression.

“Angelus ‘n Angel are the same bloody thing, you bloody twit. ‘s not like I change my name whenever I’m ‘elping out the white hats ‘n when I’m rippin’ out the throat of some bystander. Soul or not, Angel is a fucked up bastard, was before ‘e was turned but ‘m guessin’ in between your snoggin’ matches you never asked ‘im who ‘e really was, did you?”

“A-Angel loved me…”

“Angelus was in love with ‘imself luv. Don’t kid yourself that ‘e was ever in it for anything but the sex…’e was a low-life cad before ‘e was turned and a bigger cad after. Ever wonder how Darla drew his attention in the firs’ place? Sex! ‘e followed her to his death and fucked up un-life with the promise of sex. Darla was a bleeding prostitute for Chris’ sakes! Nothing more to see her for.” He tapped his foot harder against the sterile white tile that lined the room from wall-to-wall as he tried to explain the intrigue that was Angelus.

“You’re wrong Spike, Angel loved me. He told me he loved me and you’re just…you’re just jealous!” She pounded her little fists on the bed as she clung to the hope that Angel had truly loved her and she didn’t give up her virginity to a two-faced liar with an affinity for hookers.

“Right ‘n I’m the bloody Queen of merry ol’ England pet. Face it, Angelus was a sick bastard that conned you into releasing his fucked up nature and you fell for it. Can’t say I blame you, he did have a handle of the puppy dog eyes and ‘woe is me’ attitude. But now maybe you’ll have better luck picking out men that aren’t homicidal maniacs.”

“What? Like you?” She guffawed at his righteous indignation before silently admitting to herself that Angel was a manipulative bastard and that in all the time he’d been cursed had to have known what the clause was to his happiness.

“’m jus’ saying pet. I’ve been sittin’ in this room and out with the other happy meals ‘n I haven’t tried to take a lick from them. I can control my demon. So what’s the plan of action?”

“I haven’t decided but first thing’s first, I want out of this creepy hospital. Didn’t like it the first time I was here and I like it a lot less now…” Buffy grumbled as she struggled to adjust the pillows behind her back.

Spike was up in an instant to adjust them for her but stopped at her quirked eyebrow.

“Wha’?”

“You do realize that you’re fluffing the Slayer’s pillow, don’t you? You have got to be the lamest vamp ever.” She squealed when he held the pillow just out of her reach and smirked.

“ ‘s not like I have anything better to do ‘n I already told you, I happen to like this slayer.” He bent down to give her a soft peck on the lips before straightening. “She’s got a great…hullo Alex.” He turned to face the wide-eyed nurse that had conveniently caught the end of their discussion.

“Y-you kissed me…why?”

“’Cause that’s what blokes do for their girls.” He shook his head between the two women. “Come to see how my girl’s doin’?”


Chapter End Notes:
Any type of feedback would be great