Author's Chapter Notes:
This will deal with the aftermath of rape so please be warned that it is a sensitive subject to many and will be dealt with accordingly in this fic.
“Actually, if I was interrupting I can come back later.” Alex paused in the doorway as the blonde’s glanced back and forth between each other. Blue met hazel as they tried to convey their feelings about the situation between each other, both realizing quickly that telepathy was not part of the claiming deal. Heightened awareness and a boding sense of duty rang true as they both tried to communicate non-verbally and failing.

Buffy finally realized he wasn’t going to answer for her so she shrugged and motioned the nurse into the room. “Spike doesn’t have to leave, does he?” Her voice was abnormally quiet as she recalled the softness of the vampire’s lips against her own and the soft rumble of his words after. It was odd how her mortal enemy had managed to calm her in seconds flat when all her friends had managed was to annoy her to the point that she was almost glad that her legs were bound in the heavy casts so she couldn’t attack them.

The dark beauty paused from her work and took in the pale girl’s frown. She supposed it wouldn’t hurt to let him stay for the routine exam and it might even keep the girl from fighting too much as was noted on her file. “That’s fine with me but the other nurses might have a problem with it later but for today that’ll be fine.”

Spike’s hand inched across the thin hospital issue blanket towards the tiny slayer’s hand, intertwining their fingers together when he finally reached it, mindful of the I.V. “Easy pet.” He watched as her face scrunched up as the nurse began her necessary prodding.

Tears laced her eyes as the nurse went to change out her urinary catheter. The humiliation of the slayer, able to kill creatures of the night with little effort and take down demons four times her size, bound to a bed and peeing into a tube was suddenly too much for the girl and her tears came forcefully from her eyes.

“Easy there luv. No tears, no tears kitten.” He stroked her cheek softly as he silently urged the nurse to continue before the slayer had time to break down completely, forcing sedation. “No use cryin’ there pet. ‘s not that bad, still the slayer…still my girl, aren’t you? Tha’s right, still my girl.”

Her sobs fell silent in the quiet room as she focused on his roughened hand stroking her soft cheek and his hand tracing circles on her palm. His voice soothed her as he spoke reassuring nonsense but she was able to pick out the phrases ‘my girl’ and for once in the past couple of days not fight back tears.

Alex finished quietly and with one last look at the couple, she slipped out of the room ,closing the door to give them some privacy. With a glance at the nurses station she motioned that they were not to be disturbed unless it was absolutely dire.

“S-spike?” Her hazel eyes blurred from the crying as she tried to focus on his handsome features, notably his blazing blue eyes.

“Yeah luv?”

“A-Angel raped me. It was Angel that did this to me, not some other thing but Angel who did this to me. He raped me, broke my legs, bit me, broke my ribs and then raped me until I wanted nothing more than to die. I-I hate him. Does that make me a bad person for not caring that he’s in hell?”

“God no pet! ’s not wrong to hate the bastard for what he did. Truth be told, I hate him for what he did to you. Rapin’ a woman was never right in my book, never will be. Deserves death…deserves worse than death ’n I’m believing that Angelus is finally payin’ retribution for his crimes now. ’s alright to hate him pet, ’s alright. You did nothing wrong…sent that bastard to hell where he belongs. Wish I could kill him all over again for you.” He laid his head on the bed next to their hands as he urged his tears back from his eyes. Some vampire you are mate. Getting all gushy over the slayer. Still would like to kick Angelus in the soddin’ balls though. ‘e hurt the girl, my girl.

Summers’ Residence, 1630 Revello Drive
Joyce sat at the kitchen table mindlessly stirring a mug of hot chocolate as she waited for Buffy’s friends to make their way over to the house for a brief meeting. It was high time to set the teens straight on the matter of Spike and his affiliation with her family. Truth be told, she liked the peroxide vampire. He was less of a mindless killing machine than Xander and Willow gave him credit for. What type of killer would sit with his mortal enemy’s mother talking over a hot cup of cocoa? Besides the fact that he was bound to her daughter now and she would be damned sure that no harm came to either one of them…again. The words from the argument with her daughter still brought tears to her eyes as she remembered her callous words, spit out in a moment of ignorance.

The door thud against the wall as the teens were escorted in by her daughter’s librarian…watcher…her daughter, the vampire slayer‘s, watcher. They stood anxiously in the foyer as Joyce stepped out of the kitchen, her face impassive as she face the judgmental lot.

Giving a quick smile to the older Englishman, she began. “I have some ground rules before you will be added to Buffy’s list of acceptable visitors. The first being that no one is to insult or attack Spike in any way, shape or form. Don’t even think about interrupting me, Xander.” She paused momentarily to glare at the young boy. “Spike is now and will forever be welcomed into our home, barring murder, and anyone that seeks fit to attack him with be revoked without a second thought. Do I make myself clear on this point?”

Willow nodded eagerly. It was simple enough. Don’t attack the vampire, get to visit best friend.

It was a bit more to convince Xander as Giles nudged the boy in the back, glaring when he had the audacity to scowl at the older man until he finally mumbled his consent to rule one.

“The second rule is that no one will mention Angelus in this home again unless Buffy feels ready to bring it up. What that beast did to her is inexcusable and I will not have her further traumatized.”

“B-but it wasn’t Angel that did it, it was Angelus…”

“They are one in the same. Willow. I was mistaken to have thought different and I’ve seen the error of my ways. Rest assured that the vampire will be held in the utmost regard of disgust. He was perverted from the beginning about his so-called destiny. I do believe that the fact that Spike was able to show a great deal more respect to the slayer, even when trying to end her life, shows that with the claim in place he is controllable, unlike Angelus. I have no qualms with your rules Joyce and expect that these two will also abide by them if they‘d like to avoid the consequences.” Giles lowered his head guiltily for a moment before meeting Joyce’s kind eyes.

“I believe that’s settled so how about a ride over to the florist and then to the hospital?” Joyce grinned at the teens, noting that Xander still wore a scowl across his face while Willow beamed at her.