Chapter Three: Meeting the Gang

Spike arrived in town that Saturday afternoon, and he caught a cab to the hotel where he’d be staying for the next few weeks.

Buffy’s next public performance wasn’t for a while still, but he was going to try and find her before then.

He checked into a room at the Four Seasons and got his stuff unpacked right away. After that he went out to explore the night life.

He’d never actually been to New York before, so he couldn’t wait to hit the clubs. His first stop was a bar down the street from the hotel. He got a few drinks, smoked a few cigarettes, and played a few rounds of pool with the guys there.

He left before he could get completely shit-faced and his next stop was a night club about a block away. Strobe lights, a disco ball, and techno music gave it a very 70s feel.

A couple of smashed girls tried to get him to dance, but he kindly declined. He honestly wasn’t interested in hooking up with someone he didn’t know, and who wouldn’t even remember it in the morning. He’d given up that lifestyle a few years prior.

He was in this city to find Buffy and that’s what he was going to do. According to the tabloids she was single and hadn’t dated anyone in a long time. He could only hope that was true. She was the only girl he wanted to be with.

He left the club before long and returned to his hotel. He showered and went to bed after calling his father in England. Even though he was fully grown and independent, he still liked to check up on the old man once in a while. After a brief conversation with the elder Giles, he hung up the phone and slipped into a deep sleep, eager to rise the next day and find out what his future had in store.

~The Next Morning~

Buffy had stayed up late reading through the script, while Kat and Lilly had stayed up watching movies and eating massive amounts of junk food.

Buffy woke at noon to her cell phone vibrating on the nightstand. She cursed it under her breath as she unplugged it from the charger, so she could read the text she’d just gotten. She rolled her eyes when she saw it was from Kat, saying: Wake up already!

She frowned and got out of bed slowly. She went downstairs to find the teenage miscreants on the couch, steadily inhaling large bowls of cereal.

“Morning,” she managed to croak sleepily at the girls.

“It’s about time you woke up.”

Buffy glared and Kat grinned. Buffy went into the kitchen and got a bowl of her own before joining them on the couch.

They all watched cartoons for a while then Buffy went upstairs to call Xander.

He answered on the second ring and she laughed at his chipper greeting. She told him she was interested in the part and he got even more excited. He told her he’d be there in an hour to pick her up. He wanted her to meet the director and the rest of the cast at the studio.

After they hung up she went to get showered. She decided to go with a more professional look for the first meeting. She did her hair up in a clip and she put on a gray pinstripe suit. She stayed light on the make-up and finished her look off with her Chanel purse and sunglasses.

She went downstairs and Kat whistled playfully. Lilly smirked and put her two cents in as well. “You should’ve become a lawyer. You’d be the sexiest one in the city.”

Buffy laughed and flaunted a little for the hell of it. When the doorbell rang she kissed Kat goodbye and went to answer it. Xander’s eyes widened comically when he saw her.

“Jeez, Buff. Give a man a heart attack, why don’t you?”

He looked her up and down a few times and she giggled.
“Down, boy.”

He chuckled and gave her a quick hug before leading her out to his car. It was a twenty-minute ride to the studio and they spent most of the time talking about the movie.

Buffy was going to be playing a cheerleader in her junior year of college. She’s dating the quarterback and he gets in a car crash, which puts him in a coma. He wakes up eight months later to find that she’s moved on with her best friend, who incidentally happens to be a girl.

Buffy had been nervous at first about acting out a lesbian relationship, but now she was extremely excited about the part. She’d done drama a little in high school and she’d enjoyed it, but she’d never thought about actually being in a movie.

When she got to the set she went around and met all of the main cast and crew members. She quickly made friends and got her schedule from the director. He was quite possibly the most colorful man she’d ever met.

~Crew~
Director – Lorne Michaels
Set Designer – Kate Lockley
Make-Up Artist – Darla Winters
Costume Designer – Kendra Davonne
Script Writer – Wesley Wyndham-Pryce

~Cast~
Cheerleaders – Amy Madison, Anne Ericson, Eve Scott, Glory Sanders, and Buffy Summers
Head Cheerleader – Cordelia Chase
Quarterback – Riley Finn
Football Players – Francis Doyle, Charles Gunn, Graham Miller, and Forrest Bennett
Football Coach – Robin Wood
Best Friend – Faith Lehane
Science Geek – Winifred Burkle
Little Sister – Dawn Evans
Librarian – Gwendolyn Post
Party Slut – Gwen Raiden

After Buffy had met everyone and figured things out with Lorne, Xander drove her to his house for dinner. Catching up with Anya was interesting as always.

When Xander went outside to grill the steaks she leaned toward Buffy conspiratorially, like she was about to divulge the secret of mankind’s existence. “I just found out this afternoon that I’m pregnant.”

Buffy’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped. “Oh my god! Really?!?”

Anya nodded excitedly and Buffy squealed with sheer joy. “I’m so happy for you! I’m guessing you haven’t told him yet?”

Anya shook her head and confided with a self-satisfied grin, “I’m going to tell him tonight so we can have celebratory sex.”

Buffy snorted in amusement and took a drink from her ice tea. When she’d first met Anya she’d been a little wary of the woman’s bluntness. Now she just loved it.

Buffy got home around seven-thirty and she was greeted with the sound of high-pitched squealing and giggling. She walked into the living room to find Kat and Lilly having an absolute cow, over something to which she was clueless.

“Okay… what did I miss?”

Kat hurriedly explained that the cutest, most popular guy in school had just asked her out over the phone. Buffy was stunned at first. Kat hadn’t actually had a boyfriend until now, so Buffy hadn’t had to deal with the revelation that she was starting to grow up.

“His name is RJ and he’s the quarterback on the football team. Can I PLEASE go out with him tomorrow night? Lilly invited me on a double date with her boyfriend.”

Buffy bit her lip and thought it over for a minute. Kat worked the puppy eyes for all she was worth and Buffy gave in with a sigh.

“Okay, you can go, but you have to be home by ten.”

Kat squeaked and threw her arms around her mother’s neck. “Yay! I love you, I love you, I love you!”

Lilly nodded her head and said with approval, “Ms. Summers you officially rock out of control.”

Buffy just laughed and started filling them in on how things had gone at the studio. Kat was beyond psyched about the fact that her mom was going to be in a movie.

“This is going to be so cool! We can go and watch you in theaters and everything! You’ll be even more famous than you are now.”

“Eh… I’m not sure it’ll be all that different. You see me on TV now in music videos. I’ll just be talking instead of singing. It’s no big.”

Kat rolled her eyes and whacked her arm playfully. “Only you would think being in a movie isn’t cause for a fireworks celebration.”

They all hung out happily and watched TV together until it was time to hit the sack. Kat and Lilly had school in the morning, so they went to bed a little earlier. Buffy fell asleep on the couch, in the middle of watching one of her favorite old films: Les Miserables.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review!