Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't you just love my super corny chapter title? lol Hope you enjoy! Thanks to cordykitten, Pet, burnkitty, and PhotographyNut for reviewing the last chapter.
Chapter Eight: Dinner and a Make-Out

Buffy sat up as she heard the front door open. She’d been firmly encompassed in Spike’s arms and loving every second of it.

“That’ll be Kat and Lilly.”

Buffy bit her lip and looked Spike in the eye to gauge his reaction. She wanted to make sure he wasn’t having second thoughts about this. He looked decidedly… nervous. She took his hand in hers and gave it a good squeeze.

“It’ll be okay. She’s been wanting to meet you for a long time.”

He nodded and tried to look confident, but he was even more nervous now. The girl probably had huge expectations for him, and he didn’t know if he’d live up to them.

To say he was shocked when the girls walked into the room would’ve been an understatement. They were the girls he’d seen backstage after the concert. It explained there presence there, but at the same time it confused him. He’d thought for sure they were a couple with the way they’d been acting. It was difficult for him to believe they were just best friends.

He swallowed hard as his gaze leveled with Katrina’s. So this was his daughter. His throat closed up on him and he didn’t know what to say. Kat shifted awkwardly where she stood and looked at Buffy with an expression that clearly stated, ‘HELP!’

Buffy cleared her throat and started the introductions. “Will… this is Katrina. Kat… this is William, your father.”

Kat stepped forward slowly and said nervously, “Hi… It’s… It’s nice to meet you.”

Tears welled up, unbidden, in his eyes and he struggled to keep his voice even as he replied. “It’s nice to meet you, too.”

Buffy saw that the two needed a moment alone, so she kissed his cheek quickly and got up from the couch.

“Lilly, can you help me in the kitchen for a minute?”

The blonde nodded and followed Buffy out of the room, so Kat and her father could speak for a moment without distraction.

Kat sat down next to Spike on the couch and there was a moment of awkward silence between them. One set of blue eyes met the other and they both broke down at the same time.

Kat flung herself into his arms and he quickly wrapped her in a tight embrace. He closed his eyes and rubbed her back gently as she cried on his shoulder.

He surmised that the Summers women were apparently prone to getting emotional in his presence, as her mother had cried in his arms only a few hours prior. To give them the credit they were due, he’d turned into a crybaby in front of both of them as well.

When they’d stopped crying they started talking. They both established that they wanted to get to know each other better and Spike agreed to stick around for a while, instead of heading straight back to England as he’d planned.

After talking things through they went into the kitchen to find Buffy and Lilly. Buffy was relieved to see them both smiling happily. She’d started on making spaghetti for dinner, so she already had the noodles and sauce cooking on the stove.

“Kat, honey, would you set the table?”

The brunette nodded and started getting the plates and silverware together. Buffy looked at Spike and asked hopefully, “Would you stay for dinner?”


He smiled even more at her request and took a few steps toward her, stopping mere inches away. “I’d really like that, pet.”

Kat watched them interact with a little grin. They were adorable together and he obviously made her mother very happy.

She finished setting the table quickly and grabbed Lilly’s hand to drag her out of the kitchen. She could tell her parents needed some alone time, which actually thrilled her more than she’d thought possible. It was now in the realm of a possibility that they would be a family for the first time in her life.

Buffy rolled her eyes as she heard Kat and Lilly giggling in the living room. She looked at Spike and suddenly the temperature in the room seemed to rise. He was giving her that look that made her want to melt.

“Now I’ve got you all to myself again.” He chuckled lightly and pulled her into his arms.

“Mhmm… What are you gonna do with me?”

She molded her body against his as he pressed her against the edge of the counter. The kiss started slow, but it quickly gained tempo and turned into something raw and passionate.

She was soon running her fingers through his hair as he squeezed her hips with his hands. She wrapped one of her legs around his and moaned into his mouth. Sixteen years of pent up frustration and longing for each other had made them both clingy and needy.

He broke the kiss and dipped his head down to nuzzle her neck affectionately. He started by feathering kisses across the column of her throat and nibbling on her earlobe. Then his tongue darted out to taste her and he groaned quietly.

She held him against her with a firm grip and rubbed her bare foot against the back of his pant leg. He sucked hard on her pulse point and slipped his hand under her shirt to stroke her stomach.

“Mmm… Will.” She moaned wantonly and clutched him tighter.

His body was showing a definite reaction to hers and he wanted to bury himself inside her, right then and there, but a loud cough from the doorway brought him back to reality.

Kat wore a smirk and crossed her arms while Lilly laughed her ass off at their expense.

“It looks like your parents were about to give you a little sister.”

Kat laughed and teased the two adults shamelessly, “Next time you guys should try getting a room and locking the door.”

Buffy blushed ten shades of red and Spike coughed in embarrassment. They pulled away from each other slowly, wearing identical ‘oops’ expressions.

Suddenly Spike broke out in a grin and chuckled heartily. It must’ve been contagious because soon Buffy was giggling cutely with him. He gave her a peck on the lips and swatted her on the rear playfully.

Kat and Lilly sat down while Spike and Buffy put the food on the table. Dinner went smoothly with lots of pleasant conversation between the four. Buffy and Kat filled Spike in on the last few years, as much as they could in one sitting anyway. When the meal was finished the teens got to work on doing the dishes.

Spike walked into the living room with his arm wrapped snugly around Buffy’s waist. He plopped down on the sofa and she squealed as he pulled her onto his lap.

They started kissing between laughs and giggles, but she pulled back before it could get too serious.

“Mmm… behave.”

He smirked and wrapped his arms around her contently.

“I’m so glad to be here, love. Thank you for letting me back into your life. I’d very much like to stay this time.”

His words were spoken with such conviction that her knees felt weak, making her thankful she was sitting, and her heart started beating a little faster.

“Good, because I don’t want you to leave me again.”

He felt terribly guilty at the reminder and compensated by kissing her deeply. It left both of them feeling a little breathless. She looked into his eyes and gathered up the courage to make a request.

“Would you… stay here with me? In this house?”

She knew he was living in England at the moment, but she really didn’t want him going back there unless it was to get his stuff. She’d lost him once to that place and she didn’t want to lose him again.

He was floored by her question and he didn’t know how to respond at first.

“You want me to move in with you?”

“If it means you won’t be living in a different country overseas? Absolutely. Also… I kind of like having you around.”

She teased him with a smile and kissed him quickly. He was still stunned, but he’d added incredibly happy to the list.

“There’s not much I’d love more than to live with you, kitten. Of course I’ll move in.”

She squealed loudly and kissed him enthusiastically, never tiring of having his lips on hers. He held onto her tightly as she eagerly and thoroughly ravished his mouth.

Kat and Lilly entered the room seconds later to see what all the commotion had been about. Buffy broke off the kiss when she noticed their presence. Before either of them could say anything, Buffy cut them off with an energetic exclamation.

“Spike’s moving in with us!”

Buffy was grinning widely and Spike had a similar expression on his face, albeit a slightly calmer one. Kat’s jaw dropped in surprise and she stood there frozen for a minute, trying to digest the new information.

She beamed brightly after her pause and said, “Good. It’s about damn time.” She nodded to reaffirm the certainty in her statement.

Spike grinned like a fool and Buffy cuddled up against him happily. Kat was definitely right about one thing. It WAS about time.


Chapter End Notes:
Hmm... Emotional Spike and sexually frustrated Spuffy. For clarity's sake, William does go by Spike and I'll be writing him as such, but Buffy has a special pass out of calling him that. Please review! :)