Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy, happy, fluffy chapter! Song lyrics are from "I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Westlife. Don't kill me for being super cheesy? *hopeful grin* Enjoy! Thanks to lindsay and Pet for reviewing the previous chapter.
Chapter 16: I Wanna Grow Old with You

(Thursday, March 20th)

Spike smiled as he listened to the song on the radio. They were lying in his bed enjoying post-coital snuggles.

I wanna grow old with you
I wanna die lying in your arms
I wanna be there for you
Sharing in everything you do
I wanna grow old with you


Buffy looked up into his eyes and bit her lip a little. Her green eyes filled with tears and she stroked his cheek with her fingertips.

“I wanna grow old with you, Spike.”

He smiled and got teary-eyed himself, not caring a bit that the moment was a tad cheesy.
“I wanna grow old with you too, kitten.”

He kissed her deeply and she responded quickly, rolling on top of him with a giggle. When the kiss broke he stopped grinning and became serious.

“There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you, love.”

She smiled and tilted her head questioningly.
“What is it?”

He smiled and moved her off of him gently. He rolled over and reached into the nightstand, digging to the bottom of the drawer.

It had been almost two months since Hank had been locked up in prison, and he’d been thinking over this constantly. Now on their seven-month anniversary, he figured it was perfect timing.

He produced a small black velvet box from the drawer and held it in the palm of his hand. He popped it open and turned to face her with a tender smile. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the white gold diamond engagement ring in the box.

“Oh my god…”

She gasped quietly and looked at him with a stunned expression. He swallowed nervously and took a deep breath.

“Buffy… love… kitten…”

He fidgeted a little and looked down briefly at the bedspread, before raising his gaze once more to meet her emerald stare. His heart thudded loudly in his chest as he spoke again.

“I know we’re young and we haven’t even been together a year, but with you it feels like a lifetime. You know me better than I know myself sometimes, and I feel I know you really well too.”

He took a shaky breath and reached out to take her hand gently in his, giving it a loving squeeze.

“It’s not enough, though. I can’t settle for just knowing you well and being your boyfriend. I love you with everything I have and I want to spend the rest of my life showing you that. I want to grow old with you, Buffy Summers.”

A few hot tears rolled down her cheeks and she stared at him intensely.

“I love you so much, Buffy. Will you marry me?”

She sobbed happily and nodded enthusiastically. She wrapped her arms around him tight and whispered, “Of course I’ll marry you. I’d love to be your wife.”

They shared a deep passionate kiss when the hug ended, and it left both of them breathless. He slid the ring slowly onto her finger and they both grinned happily.

“I can’t wait to tell mum. She’s going to be so happy for us.”

Buffy smiled warmly and nodded, cupping his cheeks in her hands.
“I know she will. She loves you and she’s a great mother.”

“She loves you too, kitten. You’re already a part of the family.”

She blushed a little and his words warmed her heart even more. She knew from the look in his eyes and from the way Anne treated her that he was telling the complete truth.

“That means a lot to me, Spike.”

She kissed him slowly and softly, and then they fell back together on the bed for another round of love-making.

That evening they invited Willow, Xander, and Giles over for dinner, so they could make their announcement to the group. Anne had been ecstatic when they’d told her and she’d insisted on celebrating.

Anne cooked a nice big meal consisting of honey glazed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli and carrots, buttered dinner rolls, and cranberry sauce. Buffy felt like it was Thanksgiving in April.

She greeted her friends with hugs when they arrived and Willow was the first to notice her ring. She grabbed Buffy’s left hand up and stared at it in shock.

“Oh my god…”

Buffy grinned in response and looked over to Xander and Giles, who were both speechless and wearing identical expressions of disbelief.

Buffy walked over to her fiancé and kissed him soundly, really making quite a scene. Then she turned back to the group and giggled.

“Spike and I are getting married!”

After the shock wore off, the happy couple got congratulated by the group, and then they all sat down for dinner.

An hour and a half later the Scoobies were leaving and Willow stopped to hug Buffy at the door. The blonde and redhead embraced tightly and had a short, whispered conversation.

“I’m so happy for you, Buffy. I know you guys are going to have an amazing life together.”

Buffy pulled back a little and smiled warmly.
“Thanks, Wils. You know I love you, right? I spend a lot more time with Spike now than anyone else, but you will always be my best friend.”

Willow nodded and gave her waist a squeeze.
“I know, Buffy, and I understand. I’m really happy for you.”

The best friends said goodnight and Willow hurried to catch up with Xander. Buffy found herself being swept up in Spike’s arms and carried up the stairs.

Spike laid her down on the bed and covered her body with his, kissing his way up her neck slowly. She smiled and ran her hands up and down his back slowly.

“I need you,” she whispered amidst a moan.

His hands deftly undressed her upon her request, and revealed her body to his hungry gaze. He still had the ability to make her blush with the way he looked at her.

His mouth traveled across her body slowly, and she squirmed as every heated kiss produced moisture between her thighs. Then his tongue began a torturous task and she felt she’d surely flood the sheets with her arousal.

She weaved her fingers through his bleached locks and whimpered his name as his tongue delved inside her. He brought her to the edge slowly then sucked on her nubbin. She shuddered in release and murmured his name.

He came up to her mouth and let her taste herself as he entered her. She moaned around his tongue and took him in as far as she could. She wrapped her legs around him and succumbed to the gentle rocking sensation of their hips.

Their hands and tongues and teeth explored while he kept a slow and steady rhythm inside of her. Her orgasm took her by surprise and she clenched around him with a moan of completion.

He watched her face as he spilled himself inside her. They held each other afterward and shared slow kisses in between pillow talk.

She kissed along his jaw with a giggle and whispered, “I have something to tell you.”

He looked down at her, where she had her head resting on his chest, and he smiled warmly.

“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

Her fingers stroked random little patterns on his bicep as she spoke.
“I decided to skip my junior year. So now I’ll be graduating with you.”

Having started kindergarten a year late, she was older than everyone in her class. This would give her the chance to catch up with her age group and graduate a year early. It would also put her on level footing with Spike.

He was elated at the news and exclaimed happily, “That means we’ll be off to college at the same time!”

She readily agreed that that was a good thing. As much as she loved him, it still would’ve been hard to be in high school and dating a guy in college. They were two very different worlds. Now they would get to experience everything together. Things were finally really looking up in Buffy’s life.


Chapter End Notes:
I'm sure everyone saw that coming with the chapter title. You might be thinking 'Oh my god! They're only 17!' Well, in my personal past, I've known a lot of couples who got engaged young. I don't think it's the smartest thing and I don't always agree with it, but for some people it works.

Buffy and Spike have an incredibly strong connection due to everything they've been through together. He witnessed a very personal, horrible part of her life and she's come to rely on him for love and support. He's her metaphorical rock and he feels the need to protect her and love her for the rest of their lives. Hope I didn't inadvertently offend anyone with this turn of events.

Special shout-out to Jacqueline because I hope she's been reading, and I'm sure she'll love this sickeningly cute turn of events. :) Please review!