Author's Chapter Notes:
So I know you're all pretty cranky for the delay in updates, but I just moved across the country. I'm glad to finally have this chapter out here and I hope you like it. Hint, hint... there's some sexy steamy fun ahead... Enjoy!

Thanks to Pet and PhotographyNut for reviewing the previous chapter. :)
Chapter 23: Home Is Where the Heart Is

(Friday, October 31st)

Buffy was nearly crying from the force of her laughter, which apparently wasn’t infectious. Spike was standing there with his hands on his hips and a stern scowl on his face, making him look even more comical, and therefore making Buffy laugh even harder.

“I’m sorry… It’s just…” She started giggling anew and found it a little difficult to breathe. Spike narrowed his eyes on her and tried to remain upset with her outburst. He’d meant for her to swoon and tell him he was sexy in his Halloween costume, but as soon as he’d stepped out of the bathroom she’d been consumed in hysterics.

“It’s not that bloody funny, pet. If you hate it that much I can go as something different.” He sulked a little and she stopped laughing then, wiping her eyes before going over to comfort him. She touched his arm and said, “Hey, no, I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just… c’mon… you have to admit that it’s kind of funny, and extremely ironic considering my costume. I can’t believe we chose these on our own.”

He grinned a little at that and pressed a kiss to the tip of her nose. “Well it just goes to show that we’re meant for each other, even if we are rivals meant to fight to the death.” He put on his best scary face and bared the fake fangs he’d put in his mouth, causing her to giggle all over again. “Yeah… and you’d better watch out or I’ll slay you.” She brandished the wooden stake she’d hidden in her waistband and pretended to pierce him in the heart.

He clutched his chest melodramatically and fake-gasped, “Oh no… I’m done for now. You got me right in the heart.” He fell to the floor and pretended to die, while she smirked and put her hands on her hips triumphantly. “See? Good always wins over bad. Ha!” She felt like she was tapping into her inner four-year-old, with the costumes and the role playing, and she found she was actually enjoying this carefree goofiness.

Spike got up off the floor and grabbed her wrists suddenly, pressing her against the wall with her arms above her head. She pretended to whimper helplessly and looked at him with big eyes. “But you died! I killed you.” He smirked and leaned in to whisper in her ear, “I’m William the Bloody, pet. Nothing can kill me.” She had to struggle not to snort at his cheesy line, but she managed to stay in her character.

She put on a defiant frown and said, “Yeah? Well I’m Buffy, the vampire slayer, and I’ll slay you before the night’s over.” He leered at her suggestively as his eyes raked over her body, which was clad in a tight, dark top, a matching mini skirt, and boots that almost went up to her knees. “How about you lay me instead?” He wiggled his brows and she gasped, doing her best to look appalled.

“You’re just a pig. I wouldn’t touch you with a ten-foot pole.” She jutted her chin out stubbornly and he laughed. “Is that so, love? Then I bet you wouldn’t let me do… this.” He released one of her wrists, the one that wasn’t in possession of the stake, and he trailed his hand down her front side slowly.

He maintained steady eye contact as he slipped his fingers under the hem of her ridiculously short skirt. She held her breath as she stared into his eyes, made an interesting shade of yellow by the vampire contacts he’d procured. His face was done up with Halloween makeup to give him the appearance of bumpy ridges along his brow line and forehead. Somehow she still found herself impossibly turned on by him. The bad boy persona didn’t extinguish her desire in the least.

She wiggled a little and bit her bottom lip as she waited for him to touch her, but he seemed content with teasing her for the moment, lazily rubbing his fingers on the edges of her thong. She was just about to break down and beg when he slid his digits underneath the elastic to rub her heated flesh.

He pressed his finger to her lips as she started to whimper and he murmured into her ear, “Shhh kitten. Mum’s downstairs, remember?” She nodded and bit on her tongue to try and keep from making sounds. She found it difficult and she panted unevenly, warring against her body’s desire to start humping him like a sex-crazed cat in heat. “Maybe we should… take this to your room.”

He seemed to consider it for a minute, weighing the pros and cons of taking her up against a wall, out in the open while his mother was home, and eventually he nodded his agreement. He pulled his hand out of her panties and she nearly groaned in complaint, already missing the fingers that had been nestled inside of her.

He gripped her arm none too gently, still in his vampire persona, and he practically dragged her into his “crypt”. She kept her stake firmly gripped in her hand, fully intending to use it again during their inevitable role play. When she crossed the threshold of his room, darkened eerily by the thick curtains blocking out the sun, she immersed herself thoroughly in her character.

She halted, feeling a slight jerk as he tried to keep walking, and then she spoke as he turned to face her. “I shouldn’t be here. This is… wrong. You’re a vampire. I kill your kind.” She put on a serious face and he stalked up to her like a predator sizing up its prey. “It is wrong, but that makes it more exciting.” He glanced down at the stake she held and a smirk curved up his lips. He trailed his fingers down her arm slowly until he had a firm grip on the wooden weapon.

“Knowing you could stake me at any moment while I’m pounding your delicious little cunny… makes me harder.” He took her other hand and placed it boldly on the bulge in his tight black jeans. She swallowed hard and her eyes darted down to where her fingers rested. She squeezed him gently and he groaned, pressing himself more firmly against her hand. “Christ, love, don’t you feel it? I know you want me…” His eyes flashed dangerously as he dared her to say otherwise.

She sucked in a sharp breath and shook her head almost indiscernibly, muttering a feeble, “No”, in response. He growled under his breath and gripped her hips, maneuvering her easily onto the bed. He pounced on top of her and crawled up her body like a giant cat, stopping briefly to push her skirt up around her hips and lick her through her drenched thong, causing her to whimper and arch up against him, quiet pleas flowing unrestrained from her kiss-swollen lips.

He found his way back to her mouth and he silenced her with a bruising kiss. His tongue invaded her mouth greedily and she put up a battle of her own, moaning as their flexible organs dueled passionately. She lifted her hips off the bed a little and rubbed her lower body against his, delighted at the feel of his hardness poking her through their clothes.

He pinned her wrists once again and she broke from the kiss gasping. She looked into his eyes, chest heaving with the effort it took to breathe, and she pleaded, “William, please!” He smirked evilly and asked, “Please what? I want to hear you say it. Tell me what you want.” Her gaze hardened defiantly and she bucked her hips firmly against his. He wasn’t expecting the uninhibited words that came out next. “I want you to fuck me.”

His body surged with heightened lust and his cock twitched agreeably. His lips curled up in that devilish smirk and he stated cockily, “Well I can’t find a reason to object to that. I’m gonna make you scream like you’ve never screamed before.” He pressed his erection between her thighs and she was far too aroused to argue with his boast.

When he continued to tease her she glared at him and said crudely, “If you’re going to fuck me then do it already, and stop talking about it and teasing me.” He growled and kissed her again, hard, and he was so in character that he almost ripped her clothes in his haste to get them off. The only thing that stopped him was the nagging inner voice that told him they still had a Halloween party to attend that evening. It would be a shame to ruin their costumes before they could make an appearance…

Party pushed aside momentarily, he got her naked in record time and tossed her clothes to the floor. She trembled and panted as she stared up at him, eyes darting between his face and his concealed crotch. She wanted him. She wanted him more than she’d wanted anything in a really long time. She hadn’t felt his length inside of her in almost six months and she was sick of waiting.

She reached up and tugged roughly on the zipper of his jeans, lowering it before she undid the button at the top. Once that was accomplished she shoved them down his thighs and licked her lips, hungrily eyeing the delicious slab of meat she’d uncovered. She surprised him by leaning in and securing her mouth over the tip of it, using both hands to work the base and fondle his balls. He moaned loudly, before he could catch himself, and he weaved his fingers through her hair.

After she’d thoroughly coated his shaft with her saliva, and driven him nearly insane, she pulled back with a mischievous grin and said, “You can fuck me now. And remember William… I like it hard.” His mouth dropped open a little and he stared at her through slightly glazed eyes. She was a bloody dream come true right now, and she was fulfilling one of his many fantasies.

He pushed her back on the bed and latched his mouth to her pulse point, sucking greedily on the sensitive flesh, and he used his palms to spread her thighs wider apart. He positioned himself at her entrance and only paused for a brief second before sliding home. They groaned in unison and she clutched his shoulders, her nails digging lightly into his skin. He closed his eyes as he relished the feel of her tight, wet heat surrounding him once again.

He gripped her hips firmly and pulled back to look at her face as he started a series of slow, deep thrusts. Her breath hitched in her throat a little each time his cock struck that special spot inside of her. He kept his eyes locked with hers as they silently shared their powerful connection, coasting the waves of intense pleasure and trembling together at the end. It seemed magnified tenfold because of the months they’d gone without real physical intimacy. It felt fantastic to finally be home.

When they showed up at Cordelia’s house later that evening, for the “fabulous” Halloween Ball she was hosting, they were even more cuddly and couple-y than usual. They had a certain glow about them that their friends immediately noticed. Willow grinned from ear to ear as she embraced her blonde best friend. The excited redhead whispered conspiratorially to her, “You guys did it, didn’t you?” Buffy blushed a little as she smiled and nodded.

Willow managed to hold in her squeal of delight, just barely, and the group went inside. Xander gave Spike the thumbs up, for which Anya smacked him on the shoulder, and Spike shook his head with a little grin. Yes, it was definitely good to be home.

(Saturday, November 8th)

Saturday night at the Bronze, only a week after Halloween, turned out to be more eventful than expected. Buffy and her friends had thought that a lot of people wouldn’t show up, still partied out from the week before, but the occupants of Sunnydale would seem to disagree. The place was just as packed and hoppin’ as it’d ever been. After the group had procured a table Buffy had immediately dragged Spike off to dance the night away. It wasn’t long before Willow, Oz, Xander, and Anya had followed their lead.

The current song came to an end and the band stopped playing, as all of the lights suddenly dimmed. A spotlight appeared on the stage and the lead singer stepped up to the microphone with a smile. “Hey everyone. We have a special surprise for you tonight. Buffy Summers is going to be gracing us with her vocal talent this evening. Come on up, dollface.”

Buffy and Spike had stopped dancing momentarily to listen to the announcement, and now Spike was staring at her with shock written all over his face. She smiled coyly and tried not to blush, as most of the audience was now staring at her expectantly. She kissed Spike briefly then giggled to herself as she hurried over to the stage.

She was handed the microphone as she reached the center and she had to take a deep breath to calm herself. She was extremely excited but it was nerve-wracking at the same time. She’d never sung in front of an audience before, and she hoped her performance would go smoothly.

The music started up softly and she closed her eyes, feeling the rhythm running through her body. The spotlight stayed on her and she graced the audience with a smile, as she opened up her eyes again and began to sing, pouring her heart and soul into the lyrics.

I thought I had the whole thing figured out, til I found you
I didn't wanna waste my time just, lookin' for love.
I thought that I was better off alone,
But I was wrong...

I never knew love like this,
I finally opened up my eyes.
I never knew just one kiss,
Could ever wake me up inside.
And I hope it lasts forever, cuz I'd walk a thousand miles
Just to feel like this, I never knew love like this.


Spike watched her in complete amazement, knowing that the song was dedicated to him. He hadn’t expected this in the least; she hadn’t given any indication that she’d be doing this tonight. He grinned up at her as he caught her gaze. Her eyes stayed locked on his as she sang, every word coming straight from the heart. This song put perfectly into words how she felt about him.

Every day is better than the last, when I'm with you.
I don't think I could get much higher
Cuz Baby
Everytime you come and put your head to me,
Things you say to me it just feels so good...

I never knew love like this,
I finally opened up my eyes.
I never knew just one kiss,
Could ever wake me up inside.
And I hope it lasts forever,
Cuz I'd walk a thousand miles
Just to feel like this,
I never knew love like this.

Don't make me wanna lose myself to you
And when you're here there's nothin I can't do
See no one else compares to you


She almost wanted to cry from the strong emotions she was calling forth, but she knew it would cause her voice to crack so she held back. She could cry later when she was in his arms. She felt incredible right now, being able to give him this in front of everyone. It didn’t even come close to everything he’d done for her, but it was a start. This was only the first gift of many she planned to bestow on him in the near future.

I never knew love like this,
I finally opened up my eyes.
I never knew just one kiss,
Could ever wake me up inside.
And I hope it lasts forever, cuz I'd walk a thousand miles
Just to feel like this, I never knew love like this.

Like this, like this,
I never knew love like this
never, never knew love like this
And I hope it lasts forever,
Cuz I'd walk a thousand miles
Just to feel like this
No, no, no, no, no,
Just to feel your kiss
Ohhhh
Just to feel like this
I never knew love like this.


The final notes died down and she blew a kiss to the crowd, which burst out in applause for her. She grinned from ear to ear as she said, “Thank you,” and left the stage. She practically flew into Spike’s waiting arms and found herself being spun around. When he set her down on her feet, she saw that he had tears in his eyes. She cupped his cheek in her hand and stroked it with her thumb. He placed his hand over hers lovingly and said, “That was incredible, love. I’ve never felt so honored in my life.”

He kissed her hand and then he hooked his finger under her chin, tilting her face up so he could kiss her lips. She melted against him and kissed him with every ounce of love and passion that resided within her. His arms wound around her waist and he held her close, wanting to savor this moment that neither of them would ever forget.


Chapter End Notes:
One more chapter to go and then this story is officially finished. I had considered dragging it on longer after the angst, but I feel I've addressed what I needed to and I feel that they've redeemed their closeness. You'll see the real proof of that in the next chapter and in the epilogue, which is already written. Please review and let me know what you think! The song in this chapter is 'Love Like This' by Amy Pearson.