Chapter 6: Clean Up

(August 11th)

After Buffy had calmed down a great deal, she actually let him hold her in his arms. He held her gently, so as not to hurt her anymore, and he brushed a kiss against her hair.

“Love… please let me take you to my house and get you cleaned up. It’s not safe here.”

Fear entered her mind and she clutched him tightly, on the verge of tears again.

“B-but… your mom… she could see me.”

He shook his head slowly and rubbed her arm soothingly, “Mum went to bed a while ago. She’ll be asleep by now.”

Buffy bit her lip hard as she seemed to think about it, and then she looked down at the sheets with a miserable expression on her face. He tilted her chin up with his index finger, so she had to look in his eyes.

“It’ll be all right, love. I promise.”

She swallowed hard and seemed to relax as she stared into his cerulean depths. She slowly nodded her agreement and whispered, “Okay.”

He picked her up in his arms carefully, keeping the sheet wrapped around her. He carried her out through her window then closed it behind him. He carried her out of her back yard and into his, and then into his house. He went up the stairs to his room as quietly as he could, thankful that the floor boards didn’t creak.

He set her down on the edge of his bed and asked quietly, “Do you think you can stand long enough to take a shower?”

She frowned and slowly shook her head in the negative, and he sighed softly.

“I’ll run a warm bath for you, then. Be right back.”

He left the room and went to the bathroom, plugging the drain in the tub and turning the water on so it could warm up. He went to get her as the tub filled up. He picked her up off the bed and carried her into the bathroom, setting her on top of the toilet seat.

He knelt down in front of her and slowly took the sheet from her. He put it on the floor near the door and she covered herself with her hands. He turned the water off when the tub was full, and then he offered her his hand to help her stand up.

She took his hand gratefully and carefully maneuvered herself into the tub with his help. She lay down in the tub and the water slowly turned red as the dried blood washed off of her body. Spike sat down on the toilet seat and turned his head away to give her some privacy. Buffy was grateful that he wasn’t staring at her, and she hesitantly picked up the soap.

She washed herself as best as she could, flinching whenever she scrubbed at her cuts with the soap. When she finished she put the soap up and tried to get up, failing miserably. Spike turned his head as he heard the extra splashing.

“Let me help you, love.”

She nodded and took his hands when he held them out to her. She was still too traumatized to stand on her own. Whenever she tried, her legs shook so hard she fell. She clung to his arms tightly as he helped her up.

“Hold onto the wall, love.”

She nodded and placed her hands on the tile beside her, using it for support. He grabbed a towel off the hook on the all, and she blushed as he started drying her off. He dried her arms, legs, and stomach, and then he handed her the towel, figuring she could handle drying her more intimate parts.

She finished drying hurriedly, still incredibly embarrassed by the situation, and he hung the towel back up to dry. He then scooped her into his arms and carried her back to his bedroom.

He set her on the bed and said quietly, “You can stay here tonight if you’d like. I’ll just go to the restroom to change.”

He grabbed a clean pair of boxers and a loose t-shirt from the dresser then left to get changed. Normally he wouldn’t care about modesty, but after what she’d been through that night, he didn’t want her getting the wrong idea.

He changed quickly then started on cleaning the bathroom up. He balled the bloody sheets and the wet towel up together, planning on running them in the laundry the next day. He unhooked the shower head and turned the water on hot, so he could rinse the remnants of blood from the sides of the tub. When all traces of it were gone, he reattached the shower head and picked up the dirty linens.

He wasn’t going to chance his mother finding them in the morning. When he came back to his room he found her curled up on his bed, wrapped up tight in a blanket. He put the sheets in his laundry basked then fished around in his dresser. He pulled out a pair of baggy drawstring sweatpants, as well as another t-shirt. He walked over to her and handed her the clothes.

“You can wear these for the night.”

He figured she wouldn’t want to return to her house just yet, especially for something as trivial as retrieving her pajamas. He turned away from her to give her privacy while she changed, and he stood there awkwardly.

“Done.”

He turned back around and gave her a soft smile. Then he crawled in the bed with her and pulled the covers over them.

“Can I… hold you?”

She bit her lip and looked hesitant, and then she nodded slowly. “Sure.”

He scooted closer to her and wrapped his arms around her, cradling her close to his chest. She tensed at first, and then slowly relaxed into his arms, resting her cheek against his chest with a content smile.

He rubbed her back softly and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. She slowly drifted to sleep, and he followed soon after.

~The Next Morning~

(August 12th)

Buffy awoke with a start, knowing immediately that she wasn’t in her bed. She swallowed hard and looked around the room with wide eyes, calming down as she remembered she was in Spike’s room, and how she’d gotten there.

She smiled softly as she looked at him sleeping next to her, with his arms still snugly around her. He looked incredibly serene in this state and she found herself shocked by his beauty. She took a moment to just stare and soak in the sight of him.

His skin was pale and smooth like porcelain, with sharp cheekbones sculpted carefully. His loose, messy, platinum locks gave him a cute, rugged look.

The only imperfection on his face was the scar that bisected his left eyebrow. Even that only made him more handsome. Her fingers crept out to trace it gently. He came awake at that and slowly opened his eyes.

“Morning, love.”

She blushed slightly and pulled her fingers off his face. He caught her hand in his and brought it to his lips, slowly kissing each of her fingertips. She blushed even more then and she felt like she was melting inside.

“Morning.”

She glanced at the alarm clock on his nightstand and bit her lip. “I have to go home and get ready for school.”

He nodded. “I know.”

He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and gave her a warm smile.

“Will you come back over when you’re finished and let me drive you to school?”

She looked down at the bed sheets and nodded slowly, her cheeks bright pink. He almost chuckled at how cute she looked when she blushed, but he managed to hold it in.

She got up from the bed and gave him a little wave.

“See you in a bit.”

She snuck downstairs and out of his house. Luckily his mother wasn’t awake yet and she wasn’t seen.

She snuck back into her room through her window and got ready, ignoring the blood-stained sheets that were still on her bed. She could deal with those later. This time she actually made an effort not to look like a rag doll. Instead of wearing her hair braided, like usual, she put it in cute pigtails.

She then put on jeans, sneakers, and a fuzzy white turtle neck. When she was satisfied that no bruises were showing, she went to the kitchen and started making her lunch.

When she had her lunch ready and in a brown paper bag, as usual, she grabbed her backpack and went back to Spike’s house as she’d promised.

He was already ready to go when she got there, in his usual punk, all-black outfit with various metal jewelry and black eyeliner to top it off.

They both hopped in his black Desoto and he sped off toward Sunnydale High. Thus a new day had begun, and hopefully it would be a better one.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review!