Chapter 7: Making Plans

(August 13th-19th)

Spike and Buffy had now happily discovered that they shared the same lunch period. They sat as close to each other as possible, as often as possible, much to his friends’ dismay.

While he accepted Buffy with open arms and already cared for her a great deal, the same didn’t hold true for his social circle. They were much more judgmental and cautious about whom they let into their clique. So, naturally, they still saw her as an outcast.

This didn’t bother Spike a whole lot, as he knew they’d soon grow to love her once they got to know her better. She was truly one of the sweetest people he’d ever met, and it broke his heart to think that some people were carelessly rude to her.

Some changes were made almost immediately, though. For starters, he didn’t let her sit by herself at lunch. He made a place for her right by his side. She found that she was definitely more comfortable there. She was actually bordering on having friends.

Secondly, he no longer let her eat soggy sandwiches out of brown paper bags. She explained to him that her father wouldn’t give her lunch money and that she couldn’t get a job, because she had no transportation. She didn’t own a car and she was terrible at driving. He quickly dismissed the information and said he’d pay for her.

(August 20th)

“Nonsense, love. I can pay for the both of us.”

“But… Spike… I couldn’t possibly accept your money. I have no way of paying you back.”

“Love… I’m not gonna have my girl eatin’ soggy sandwiches out of bleedin’ paper bags.”

Her eyes widened and she gulped a little at his choice of words. She wasn’t sure what to make of them. They’d grown a lot closer recently, but they hadn’t defined themselves.

“Is that what I am? Your girl?”

He looked a little flustered at that and stumbled over his words.
“Well… y’know… if you want to be…”

She couldn’t keep the grin off of her face.
“Really?”

He ducked his head and nodded with a smile.
She reached over and grabbed his hand under the table.
“I’d love to.”

His head snapped up and he had a hopeful look in his eyes.
He repeated her earlier question. “Really?”

She giggled quietly and squeezed his hand.
“Definitely.”

He leaned in and brushed a soft kiss over her lips. All of his friends were staring at the new couple in utter shock.

Buffy started munching on her pizza and squeezed his thigh affectionately. He’d chosen to go with spicy chicken wings for the day, so he started eating those with a smile.

His friends eventually went back to eating their food and acting like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Really they were all still stunned. Spike wasn’t one to get involved in actual relationships, especially when they didn’t involve sex.

Faith looked up from her food suddenly and asked, “So, B… What are you doing Friday night?”

Buffy looked up in surprise and raised her brows. She was still getting used to Faith calling her ‘B’. It was odd, but sort of cool.

She shrugged and said, “Nothing that I know of.”

Faith smirked and arched a brow. “You should join us at Rave then.”

Buffy scrunched her brows. “At what?”

Spike jumped in to explain. “It’s a club for the goths and punks in town. There’s a stage where heavy metal bands play. There’s usually a mosh pit, depending on the band. But there are a lot of tables set up, and a bar, so everyone can sit if they don’t feel like moshing.”

Buffy was starting to feel a little awkward at this point. She knew she definitely wouldn’t fit in there, and he seemed to be able to read her mind.

“Don’t worry, love. We mostly just sit at the tables and chat, and listen to the music. It’s fairly decent most of the time.”

She bit her lip hard as she contemplated her options. She wanted to fit in with his friends, but she’d never been anywhere like that before, and the prospect was making her a tad nervous.

He squeezed her hand and whispered, “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, love.”

She forced a smile and said determinedly, “I do want to.”
She nodded to reconfirm her answer. “I’ll be there.”

Then her face fell and she pouted a little.
“I don’t have a car.”

Spike nodded and said, “I’ll get you there, pet. Just be ready at my house by seven.”

She smiled gratefully at him. “Not a problem. I’ll be over that afternoon anyway, remember?”

That got his friends’ attention once more, and they all started assuming things. Buffy and Spike had decided to keep the tutoring a secret from the rest of the student body, for the sake of Spike’s reputation. He still had his “bad boy” image to uphold.

Buffy really didn’t mind keeping his academic problems a secret. It wasn’t like he was keeping HER a secret. Their relationship was all over the school already. Everyone had seen them hugging, kissing, or holding hands at some point.

Spike smirked as he finished up his food, knowing exactly what his friends were thinking, even though it couldn’t be further from the truth. He also understood why they thought what they did.

By reputation Spike was a major womanizer, and he always slept with different girls left and right. He didn’t really expect his friends to understand that it was different this time. He wasn’t sure when he and Buffy would reach that point, but he knew it wouldn’t be for quite a while.

He stood up and picked up his tray, getting ready to go to class. Since Snyder’s punishment, he refused to be tardy or skip.

“You ready, love?”

She nodded and stood up as well, gathering her garbage and walking with him to throw it away. Then she went back to the table to get her books. They walked down the hall together, hand-in-hand, toward her third period class. It had become a habit for him to walk her to class every day now.

They stopped outside the door and she gave him a shy smile before giving him a peck on the lips. The hallway was still deserted, since the bell wouldn’t be ringing to dismiss lunch for another few minutes.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled as they exchanged soft, sweet kisses. He grasped her hips in his hands and pressed her back gently against a locker. Their kiss slowly grew in intensity as it continued.

The tip of his tongue came out to brush against her lips, and she parted them eagerly for him. He slipped his tongue into her mouth, and her tongue massaged his softly. They were really getting into it when the bell rang and the hall flooded with students. They broke apart reluctantly, both breathing a little heavier than usual.

She smiled sheepishly and said, “See you next period.”

He nodded and planted a kiss on her cheek before heading off to his next class. Only one thought kept running through his mind as he discreetly hid his front side with his book bag. He didn’t know how he was going to control himself around this girl.

She excited him like nothing and no one else could, and he was already hard just from kissing her. Friday was definitely going to be difficult for him.


Chapter End Notes:
Please review!