Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to thank Pet, bob, msspikester, and PhotographyNut for reviewing. Your thoughts inspire me to post faster. Enjoy the next two chapters!
Chapter 9: Rave

(August 22nd)

Spike’s eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw what Buffy was wearing. He also thought he might choke if he tried to speak. She had on black leather pants, black hooker boots, and a black spaghetti-strap top that was completely open in the back, except for the three strings holding it together.

She’d side-parted her hair and left it down, and she’d put on a thin layer of black eyeliner and lip gloss. He was thoroughly enthralled.

She bit her lip lightly and asked shyly, “I take it you like?”

He nodded mutely and stepped toward her slowly. Then he cupped her cheek and brushed a soft kiss across her lips.

She blushed and smiled happily, wrapping her arms around him and laying her head against his chest. You’d think he wouldn’t be able to make her blush so easily all the time, but he still had that effect on her. He was so sweet and charming that she couldn’t help it.

He rubbed her back gently then pulled back and asked, “Are you ready to go, then?”

She nodded and took his hand in hers, leading him toward his front door with a small grin on her face. He’d worn his usual outfit of tight black jeans, tight black T-shirt, and combat boots. The only difference was that he was now wearing a cologne that she found purely intoxicating.

Before they got out of the house, Anne intercepted them near the staircase in the foyer. She gave them a kind smile and looked back and forth between them.

“Hello, dear. It’s good to see you again.”

She patted Buffy’s hand affectionately and her eyes twinkled with warmth and love. Buffy almost felt like she had her mother back at the moment. She mumbled a polite response then looked down at the floor.

Anne turned her attention back to Spike and said, “William… a word?”

He sighed softly and nodded, letting go of Buffy’s hand and following his mother into the study by the stairs. Buffy shifted awkwardly where she stood and wrapped her arms around herself.

Spike shut the door behind him, to give him and his mother some privacy to talk. He already knew what the conversation would be about before it started.

“William… Buffy’s a nice girl. I know you’re taking her to that dreaded club your friends socialize at. Be careful and take care of her.” The tone in her voice clearly stated it wasn’t an option.

She knew full well that the two of them were in a relationship and had deep feelings for each other. She also knew that Buffy had spent the night on more than one occasion, despite their attempt of hiding it.

Spike ducked his head and mumbled, “Yes, mum.” He was a bit embarrassed that his mother was giving him a talking-to.

Anne frowned a little and tilted his chin up so he had to look her in the eye.

“I’m serious, William. She’s a wonderful young woman and I want to you treat her well. I’m well aware of the status of your past relationships, and she doesn’t deserve to be a fling. If you’re not serious about her, you should let her go now.”

Spike swallowed hard at the intensity of his mother’s words. She was right, though. Buffy was more than a fling and she deserved only the best. He nodded in agreement.

“I know. She’s more than that. She’s everything to me.”

Spike smiled sheepishly and chuckled quietly. He was surprised at himself for admitting it, and especially to his mother. He was turning into a sap.

Anne just smiled in response and nodded.
“I know, William. You’re a good boy at heart. You won’t let her get hurt.”

He gave her a nod and a kiss on the cheek, and then he went to get Buffy. He hooked his arm with hers and escorted her out to the car, where he promptly opened the door for her. He kissed her on the lips before going around to his side and getting in.

He drove them to the club and parked the car, helping her out again and paying the bouncer for their entrance. They met up with Spike’s friends at their usual spot by the pool tables.

“Hey, B!”

Faith looked her over and gave her an appreciative whistle. Buffy blushed and Spike wrapped his arms around her possessively. She smiled at that and leaned back into his embrace. They snuggled together for a minute and Faith just snickered at them.

“I’m off to the bar to get a drink. Do you lovebirds want anything?”

Buffy thought for a moment and said, “I’ll just have a coke, please.”

Spike asked for the same and Buffy raised her brows questioningly at him. She knew he was the type that normally drank if given the opportunity.

He noticed the look she was giving him and he quickly explained, “I’ve got to protect my girl. Can’t do that if I’m half-buggered, can I?”

She smiled warmly at him and rewarded him with a kiss. The other group members greeted them then and Faith retreated to the bar.

The song shifted from a fast-paced up-beat one to a slow, heavy, seductive one. Buffy licked her lips and pulled Spike out to the dance floor. When they reached the center of the crowd, Buffy placed herself in front of him and he wound his arms around her.

She moved her body to the beat and laid her head back on his shoulder. He kissed the side of her neck and ran his hands slowly up and down her stomach. She closed her eyes in response and rubbed her body back against his. His eyes fell shut too as his body reacted to the contact.

Faith had returned to the table and was watching the two of them with a grin. She turned to Illyria, a gothic girl with electric blue hair, and she smirked confidently.

“They are SO secretly doing it.”

Illyria watched them carefully for a moment, studying them closely and observing the way they interacted.

“No. They have not yet crossed that bridge in their relationship. I sense there is something holding them back. It will not be long before the walls crumble into a fine dust.” Illyria always had a strange, clinical, slightly insane way of looking at things, but she usually ended up being right.

Faith raised her brows slowly, then shrugged and said, “Oh well. I’m sure they’ll jump in the sack any day now and start doin’ it like bunnies.”

On the dance floor, Buffy’s heart was racing and her breathing was a little ragged. She could feel Spike’s erection rubbing against her bottom and it caused her to moan.

He slid his hands downward and teased her thighs, rubbing and squeezing them through the tight leather of her pants. He brushed one of his hands up over her abdomen, rubbing his fingertips around the creases of her breasts.

She whimpered and ground back against him harder, panting a little as her arousal skyrocketed.

Faith nearly groaned as she watched them. “That’s too fuckin’ hot.” She grabbed Devon up and dragged him to the dance floor.

Buffy turned slowly in Spike’s embrace and looked into his eyes. She kissed him hard and took hold of his hand, moving it up to cover her breast. She moaned into his mouth as he squeezed it gently.

“Spike…” She gasped against his lips. “We should… leave…”

Spike nodded slowly and grabbed her hand in his, waving to his friends and pulling her out of the club.

He drove them back to his house as quickly as he could, then they slipped inside quietly. His mother was already asleep so they went straight up to his room.

As they stepped inside it, Spike locked the door behind them and captured Buffy’s lips in his. She arched her body into his and moaned into his mouth. She wanted to feel his skin on hers, bare and sweaty.

He backed her toward the bed slowly and they flopped down on it together, his body on top of hers. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him passionately. Their tongues battled furiously until they both had to breathe.

When they pulled back, gasping for breath, they stared into each other’s eyes dazedly. He’d stolen her heart… and she’d stolen his.


Chapter End Notes:
I know that's an awfully evil cliffhanger, but luckily I've decided to post the next chapter too *puts on a halo* Please review!