Chapter 9: One Step Closer

Friday, September 21st

Spike stretched slowly and kept his eyes closed when he woke up that morning. He smiled as he felt the warm body pressed against his and he remembered the previous day. He inhaled the faint aroma of vanilla from his lover’s hair and he nuzzled the back of her neck. He opened his eyes slowly and grinned as he saw she was still sleeping. His right hand started gently stroking her abdomen in circles. He was still amazed that he was going to be a father and that the beautiful woman in his arms loved him.

Buffy snuggled closer to the warm body next to her in the bigger than usual bed, willing herself to stay asleep for a little bit longer. Just beginning to wake up she remembered that she was in their bed. She’d been telling her mom she’d been staying at Willow’s for days now. She didn’t want to wake up alone anymore. The thoughts of their pre-nap conversation about running away came back to her and she realized she wouldn’t have to wake up without him again.

The fog of sleep cleared from her mind when she began to focus on the hand stroking her abdomen. She kept her eyes closed and feigned sleep a little bit longer. She mewled pleasantly and let her lips curl a little. Then she cracked open an eye to peek at him. She giggled and opened her eyes fully to look at him. “Good morning,” she said through her continuing giggles.

He knew right away when she was awake and he grinned at how she pretended she wasn’t. “Faker.” He whispered it playfully into her ear as he trailed kisses slowly up and down her neck. She was nice and soft and warm from sleep still and it was making him incredibly horny. He closed his eyes and breathed in her scent again. His left hand moved upward to cup one of her warm breasts and he rubbed it gently. “How’s my baby this morning?”

Her giggling stopped when she felt his warm, soft lips on her neck. “Uh huh,” she murmured, her brain getting foggy with lust instead of sleep now. “Whatcha gonna do about it?” she asked playfully as she felt his hand move up her body. When he cupped her breast she licked her lips in anticipation of more. He was making her crazy right now. His last question reached through her brain and she looked at him and whispered, “Which one were you asking about?” with a little smirk. Her hand moved to glide over his chest, tracing the contours of his beautiful muscles.

His eyes darkened with lust and he moved the hand on her stomach down to cup her mound, gently sliding his fingers through her soft, neatly trimmed patch. He licked a line on her neck and murmured, “Right now I’m a little more interested in the mama.” The hand on her breast squeezed as he smirked against her throat.

She felt his hand move lower and it made her want him even more. His tongue only served to arouse her further. “Well…” she began, keeping a playful tone to her voice. “I got a nice wake up call this morning.” She let one hand rest on his bicep as the other went down his chest to his abdomen, venturing closer to his cock as she spoke again. “But there’s something else that would just make my day…” she whispered into his ear, nibbling on his earlobe afterward. Her hand stroked his cock slowly.

Spike groaned quietly and closed his eyes when he felt her hand stroking him. He slipped his fingers between her folds and started rubbing her slit gently. “Oh? Better do a demonstration… I can be a lil’ hard-headed.” He grinned and opened his eyes again to meet her gaze.

She reveled in the reaction her stroking had on him. It was nice to know she had such power over him, and she knew he could do the same to her at times. She moaned softly at the feel of his fingers rubbing her. She met his gaze and after a moment she said back, “Hard-headed, huh? I think I get that.” She smirked as she placed her hands on his shoulders, pushing him gently so he would lie on his back.

Then she straddled him and kissed from the middle of his chest, up his neck, to his lips. There she stopped to passionately kiss him for a minute as she positioned his cock at her opening. She stopped the kiss to gaze into his eyes as she slid down onto him, taking him in with ease. She gasped at how good it felt to have him inside of her again, and she remained still for a moment as she just gazed into his eyes, with nothing but love and adoration.

He chuckled at her observation of his pun. He kissed her back hungrily and threaded his fingers through her silky blonde hair. When she impaled herself on his cock he gasped with her. Being inside her was his favorite feeling, especially when they went slow and looked into each other’s eyes. It was like their souls were connecting in time with their bodies. His hands rested on her hips gently as he gazed back at her in amazement. He then reached one up to cup the back of her neck, gently drawing her down to him for another kiss.

She kissed him back, soft and slow as she began to move her hips. Her tongue darted out of her mouth to run over his lower lip, before sliding into his mouth to meet with his. Easily she started to move her hips a little more, adding a rising and falling motion. After a minute she broke the kiss reluctantly to gaze at him, as she managed to raise her hips so that only the tip of his cock remained inside of her, and then she sank back onto him with a pleasant moan.

He wrapped both arms around her back so that her chest was pressed to his. It didn't give them a lot of room for movement, and that's what he'd been hoping to accomplish. It meant they had to go nice and slow. He wasn't able to thrust into her hard and fast, rather he had to rock his hips slowly against hers. The gentle rubbing would create great friction after a few minutes.

She smiled at his movements. She was perfectly content to be held in his arms and go nice and slow this time. There was so much more she could feel when they took their time. She picked up the rocking motion with her hips as well and began kissing his upper chest, shoulders, and neck lightly. Every so often her tongue darted out to lick his skin. When she could start to feel the friction building she made a soft mewling sound and murmured his name against his skin.

He kissed her neck and earlobe gently as they moved together. He moaned as the pleasure started building, bit by bit. He could feel their flesh heating as their bodies rubbed against one another. He made sure to keep the rhythm slow and steady, but he put pressure against her clit with his pubic bone. He ground himself against her at a torturous pace and began sucking on her pulse point. “My baby.”

Buffy’s moans grew louder and longer when she felt the pressure on her sensitized clit. She was gasping his name between moans and pressing her lips to his shoulder to give him more access to her neck. When she felt him sucking her pulse point she could feel her muscles begin to clamp down on his cock. His ‘My baby’ sent her over the edge and she cried out as she felt her orgasm tear through her. “I love you,” she murmured over and over before she found his lips and kissed him deeply.

He dipped inside her again and again until they reached the crescendo. He sucked in a deep breath as waves of pleasure gently washed over him. He kissed her deeply and slowly as he poured his essence inside of her. It felt incredible to be joined with her this way. No one else had ever made him feel so complete and so loved. This was right where he belonged for always. He knew he was going to marry this girl and spend the rest of his life with her. “I love you too, Buffy.”

She slid off of him and rested beside him for a moment, lying on her back as she stared at the ceiling and tried to steady her breathing again. “That… was amazing,” she finally got out. After another minute her breathing began to regulate and she curled up beside him. She kissed his chest lightly before resting her head in the crook of his neck. “Can you just hold me now?” she asked softly. “It makes me feel so close to you,” she whispered with a small smile.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her gently. “Yeah… Bloody marvelous.” He closed his eyes for a moment to try and regain his bodily strength. While they hadn’t gone fast or rough, it had still drained every bit of energy from him. The passion and love they’d shared had made everything ten times more intense than usual. He stroked her back gently and kissed her forehead. “Have I told you yet today… that you mean the world to me?”

She smiled at his ‘bloody marvelous’ and closed her eyes for a moment. She felt spent from making love with him this time. It was so different than any time before. The emotional connection was stronger and so deep she could still feel it coursing through her body. There was still a pleasant humming under her skin at the moment.

Her eyes opened slowly when he spoke again. “No, you haven’t told me that today.” She smiled and idly ran her finger over his chest and abdomen.

He smiled tenderly at her and brushed his fingertips over her eyebrows, cheeks, and lips. “You’re everything to me. You and the little one.” He rested his hand gently on her stomach and traced circles on it. He kissed her lips softly and closed his eyes. He couldn’t have asked for anything better than the woman and unborn child he held in his arms.

She gazed up at him with so much love in her eyes. He always made her feel special, and she couldn’t imagine wanting to be anywhere but here. “I never thought that things would turn out like this. I never would have thought that I’d be 16 and pregnant and happy about it.” She let out a deep breath. “But I am and I know that’s because of you. You make me so happy, William. I can’t even imagine what my life would be like right now if we weren’t together.” She stopped for a few seconds and ran her hand over his collarbones, caressing them softly. “Thank you,” she said quietly.

His eyes welled up with tears of happiness as he listened to her words. “Oh Buffy…” He cupped her cheeks and kissed her lovingly. “I should be thanking you. I never thought I would find someone as amazing as you, pet. I don’t deserve you. I’m so ecstatic to have found someone to love me back, and even more than that… you’re giving me a child. I can’t think of anything more beautiful than that.” He caressed her face and kissed her lips softly.

She saw how his eyes got teary and she loved him even more in that moment, because she saw his heart. At his words she felt her eyes get teary too. She loved this man so much that she didn’t know what to do or say at times, and now they were going to bring a little life into the world because of that love. The thought of the life inside of her melted her heart as she smiled at him and kissed him back. “You do deserve me, and I deserve you. We’re perfect for each other, and this baby…” she looked down and touched her stomach where his hand was still resting, “I don’t even know what to say about her.” She smiled as she looked back up into his eyes. She knew she had referred to the baby as a girl and she wondered if he had caught it.

Her words set him at ease completely and he actually believed everything she said. When coming from her lips, he couldn’t help but to believe that he deserved her. He just didn’t know why he did. He laced his fingers with hers on her stomach and he smiled softly at her. “You think it’s goin’ to be a girl?” He looked down at their joined hands resting over her stomach in awe. “I can’t wait for you to start showing. Gonna be even more bloody gorgeous than you are now.”

"Yes, I think it's gonna be a girl." She smiled big as she felt completely giddy with his hand laced with hers. “But I don't think I'm gonna look so ‘bloody gorgeous’ when I get fat," she said with a pout. She could feel a warm tingling where his hand was touching hers on her stomach.

He chuckled and kissed her gently. “You’re not goin’ to be fat, kitten. You’re goin’ to be beautiful.” He rubbed her tummy gently then slid down her body so his face was level with it. He closed his eyes and kissed all over it slowly, worshiping it and loving it. He nuzzled her abdomen affectionately and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Mine.”

She smiled, conceding for now but sure the subject would come up again. She began to giggle as he kissed her belly. "Always," she said in response to his 'mine.' She ran her fingers through his hair lightly and smiled down at him. "I think its time I tried to call Willow though," she said reluctantly.

He pouted up at her but nodded in agreement. “All right, pet.” He rolled off of her briefly to grab her purse from the floor near her clothes. He handed it up to her and settled himself back down at her stomach. He kissed on it some more and kept nuzzling it. Being near her tummy with his unborn child inside comforted him like nothing else. Knowing they were both safe and happy made him grin like a fool. He looked up at her and said, “Don’t mind me, love. I’ll just be right here. Go ahead and call Red. Try and convince her to cover for you for the next week or so.”

She watched him as he got her purse. "Thank you," she said and then watched as he settled back at her stomach. "I don't mind. I actually like it," she confessed with a smile. "There's something very comforting about having you there like that." She paused and looked at him as she slowly ran her fingers through his hair again. "As for Willow, I know she won't want me to leave because she'll miss me, but she'll do what I need her to do." Buffy proceeded to text Willow to tell her to call her when she could get out of class. "There," she said closing the phone. "She'll call in a few minutes." She began caressing his face as she waited for the call.

He smiled as he watched her in silence. He leaned into her touch and rumbled quietly in appreciation, like a giant cat snuggling into its mate. He licked her stomach, further confirming his similarity to a feline, and he rubbed his cheek against her soft skin. In his head he kept saying to himself, ‘Mine, mine, mine. All mine.’ He looked up at her after a while, with his bluer than blue eyes, and he murmured, “Love you, kitten.”

Giggles erupted from her when she felt him licking and rubbing her tummy. She continued to caress his face and run her fingers through his hair. She smiled at his words of love. “You seem to be acting like the kitten here,” she said playfully. “I want to start every day like this,” she said smiling. Before she could say anything else her phone rang. She smiled down at him apologetically, “Gotta talk to Willow. It shouldn’t take long, but don’t you get any ideas about distracting me.” She said the last part almost half seriously, half playfully.

His eyes glazed over a little as she ran her fingers through his hair. He had half a mind to purr at the sensation. She was right. He was just one giant kitty cat. He growled playfully and nipped at her belly with a light chuckle. He pouted a little when the phone rang, interrupting his fun, and then he grinned wickedly at what she said about distracting her. All sorts of nasty thoughts ran through his head and he licked his lips in anticipation. Giving her no warning whatsoever, he slid down between her thighs and started kissing her all over.

"Hi, Willow. - Yeah, I know I just got you out of class. And I'm sorry about that. There's just something important I need to ask you. - Yeah. - Oh!" Her conversation with Willow was suddenly interrupted by a tingling hot breath between her thighs. Her eyes clouded over for a second. Then she looked down at Will and gave him a glare that she only half meant because what he was doing felt so good. "Willow, hang on a second." Buffy put her friend on hold and looked at her lover. "Will... we can't... not right now... I have to talk to Willow... and I can't do that with you... down there."

He grinned lecherously and wiggled his brows suggestively. “Then how ‘bout we make the little redhead blush the color of her hair?” He gave her pussy a firm lick and suckled playfully on her clit. He could never get enough of tasting her. He growled against her thigh and muttered to himself about how delicious she was. “A right bloody treat.”

"How 'bout not-"she started. Her voice suddenly turned into a suppressed moan. 'Thank God I put Willow on hold,' she managed to form the thought as her body arched into him. "Will, we can't... plans... for New York..." was all she could form into words. She took in a sharp breath. Then she got a few more words out. "If you let me talk... to her now... I'll give you... a treat later... something really sweet..."

He grinned and wriggled his tongue up and down her slit as she spoke to him. Then he sucked on her clit as he debated how to answer her. “Hmmm…” He hummed against her skin with a smirk. He released her clit after a minute and licked her once more before saying, “All right. I’ll behave m’self for the time being.” He propped his chin on her stomach innocently and grinned. He couldn’t wait until she was done on the phone.

She could feel herself becoming increasingly aroused by his tongue work. How could she not? The way he sucked on her clit was pure torture and it turned her brain to mush. All she could do was whimper softly until he stopped and then she tried to regain some semblance of composure to talk to Willow. She avoided Will’s eyes and picked up the phone again. “Sorry, Willow. I was, uh, distracted,” she said lamely.

Willow was starting to get really impatient by the time Buffy picked up the phone again. She’d gotten out of class and gone to the restroom so she could call her, and then she’d been put on hold. She had a vague idea of what was “distracting” Buffy so much, and it made her cheeks resemble her hair. She cleared her throat and said, “It’s fine. What do you need?” She was wondering why neither Buffy nor Spike were at school today. It wasn’t like they wouldn’t be able to spend all night together. So why were they missing school too? Something bigger had to be going on and she was determined to find out what it was.

“Well, I need you to do something for me… for Will and me, actually.” Buffy paused and bit her lower lip nervously. ‘Now or never,’ she told herself. “Will and I talked yesterday about what we were gonna do. There were a few things I had on my mind after getting the positive test results and the major thing was my mom. I know how she feels about this kind of thing because we’ve had the whole ‘safe sex’ convo before. I just know she’d freak. And then there’s the other thing… Will and I… we won’t be able to really be together here in Sunnydale, Wills. If my mom knew she’d probably call the police and I don’t know what I’d do if…”

Buffy took a moment to compose herself, glancing down at Will with a weak smile before returning to Willow on the phone. “So, after all of our talking we decided that we’re going to run away. Now what I need you to do for me is this…” Buffy took a deep breath. “I need you to cover for me with mom when we leave. We’re going to head out this weekend and then be driving all week. I thought you and I could tell mom that I was gonna be staying with you, studying for tests all week. Well, what do you say Willow?”

Willow was shocked into silence for a long moment after Buffy finished talking. This was unbelievable and a little earth-shattering, but at the same time it had a sort of fairytale-like element to it. Her best friend was running away with her teacher because they were in love and she was pregnant. It was all incredibly messed up if you looked at it from a distance, but when you got closer you could see how in love they were. It was beautiful.

Willow bit her lip and sighed softly. “All right. I’ll help you and Will out, only because you’re my best friend and I want you to be happy. I know it would kill you if he got arrested and sent to prison.” She got a little teary-eyed and she took a shaky breath. “I’m really gonna miss you, Buffy. You’re the best girl friend I’ve ever had.”

Spike was still resting his chin on Buffy’s belly and he could hear what Willow was saying through the phone. He pouted a little as he looked up into Buffy’s eyes. He felt sorry for the redhead. She was going to be losing her best friend in this so they could be happy together. He’d have to remember to thank her over and over again for helping them.

Buffy could feel the tears welling up in her eyes from Willow’s words. She took another deep breath before she could speak. “I’m really gonna miss you too, Willow.” Her voice was breaking a little. “Thank you, for doing this for us, for me.” Buffy tried to smile through the few tears that had rolled down her cheeks. “You’re my best girl friend too and that’s not gonna change. Ever,” she said defiantly. “I want to see you before we leave, k? And you know I’ll call you when we get settled and hopefully you can come visit. I know that we’ll see each other again.” Buffy smiled a little more as she looked down at Will and gave herself some hope that she’d be seeing Willow again one day.

Willow relaxed a little at Buffy’s promise of seeing each other again and she wiped at her cheeks quickly with a quiet sniffle. “Can I see you tomorrow? I could help you guys pack…” She was hoping she’d get to spend a few more hours with her best friend before she moved across the country. Spike was up off Buffy’s stomach the second he saw the tears falling. He kissed her cheeks and lips gently with a sad smile, wiping the tears away from her face with the pads of his fingers.

She smiled at Will as he kissed her and wiped away her tears. To Willow she said, “Yeah, tomorrow would be nice. I guess just come by Will’s house ‘cause I’ll be packing my stuff from mom’s today.” She paused and then said, “Okay, see ya tomorrow. Bye Willow.” Buffy closed the phone and looked at Will. “You’re so good to me,” she said softly. She put her hands around his neck and pulled him in for a soft kiss.

Willow agreed and said goodbye before hanging up the phone and heading back to class. She was going to have to come up with an excuse for her teacher for why it took her so long. In the meantime, Spike couldn't stop smiling as he kissed Buffy softly, over and over again. "It's because I love you, kitten. I love you more than anything." He kissed her again and rubbed her belly with his hand.

He pulled back after a few minutes and sighed regretfully. "As nice as this is, we both need to get moving. I'll drop you off at your mum's so you can pack up your stuff while I go to the school and let them know I'm leaving." He kissed the tip of her nose affectionately before rolling off of her and getting dressed. He wasted no time in getting ready to leave and soon he had his car keys in hand as he waited on her.

Buffy happily smiled back at Will and returned his affectionate kisses. She purred softly when he rubbed her belly again. She didn’t want to stop what they were doing and she made a point to pout when he said they needed to go. After a minute she gave in, “Alright, but we’re so not done with this. After all, I still have a treat to give.” She gave him a smirk and got out of bed to get dressed.

She got in the car with him and waited until they got her house. The drive was made quickly and he parked in her driveway to let her out. He leaned over and kissed her softly, whispering against her lips, "I'll be back in about an hour, sweets. Try not to take everything you own, yeah?" He grinned and chuckled quietly. He was just teasing her because he knew how women were when they packed.

She gave him a look of shock at the thought that she’d pack everything. “I wouldn’t,” she defended herself. She went inside and pulled out her luggage set and began packing the things she would need the most.

He chuckled at her and smacked her on the behind as she got out of his car. “I’ll see you later, kitten.” He drove off then and headed straight for the school. When he got there he had a very unpleasant conversation with the little weasel of a man who called himself the principal. He’d never liked Snyder and he knew the other man loathed him just as much.

He explained that his grandmother had fallen very ill and he had to return to England to take care of her, so he was taking the day off to pack his things up so he could leave the next day. Snyder wrote up the paperwork and he spent a good thirty minutes going over it and signing it, and then he was dismissed. Spike drove like the devil back to Buffy’s house and parked in her driveway again. He hopped out and ran up to her front door, grinning excitedly as he knocked on it.

She had been packing her clothes, a few important pictures and small things for nearly an hour when she heard a car pull up outside. She hurried out of her room, expecting that it was Will, and made it to the front door just as she heard the knock. She flung it open and saw his grin. "How'd it go, honey?" she asked, just smiling back at him and moving out of the way so he could come inside.

He stepped inside when she opened the door and he picked her up in his arms. He closed the door with his foot and spun her around happily, before setting her down and kissing her soundly. “We’re good to go, kitten. Snyder bought my story. I’m supposedly flying back to England tomorrow.” He chuckled quietly and kissed the tip of her nose. “Did you get all your things together?”

She giggled and smiled happily at the feeling of being spun around. She gazed up into his eyes adoringly and listened to him. “Really?” she murmured. Feeling the pieces fall into place was hitting her now. She didn’t know what to say at first. She smiled and then answered his question. “Yeah, I think I’ve got everything. I’ve got a few bags.” She wondered what he would say to the several suitcases lying around her room.

His eyes widened when he saw what she thought constituted a “few” bags. “Bloody ‘ell, woman. Thought I told you not to pack the whole bloody house.” He was being sarcastic of course, but he couldn’t resist the urge to tease her. With a groan for dramatic effect, he began taking all of her suitcases out to the car and loading them up. When everything was in the car he opened the passenger side door for her and went around to get behind the wheel. He held her hand in his the whole ride back to his place. He was excited about finding an apartment and having her all to himself again. She still had a promise to uphold…


Chapter End Notes:
Please review!