Author's Chapter Notes:
hope you like :)
http://www.worldofhorses.co.uk/horses_usa/Breeds/Images/Gypsy_Vanner_horse.jpg, paste that link to see the horse

Spike patted slayer on the nose after giving her a wash down, the sun had been hot on their afternoon ride. When he got back to the corral Buffy was there talking to his mother on the front porch. They giggled as he approached, “Ladies” he drawled, tipping his hat.

Buffy snorted and Jenny laughed, “See what I mean Buffy?”

The blond rolled her eyes, “Oh ya, he can turn on the charm Jenny.” She agreed.

Spike smirked, “So you were talking about me then?”

“Your mom was; I was just listening” Buffy snarked back and he laughed.

“So William, any plans for tonight?” Jenny asked with a quick glance at Buffy.

“Yup. Big ones.”

Buffy laughed, “He’s heading to the bar, and we all are.”

“That doesn’t qualify as big plans to you birds?”

Jenny laughed and Buffy smiled, “I suppose they are when there’s nothing else to do in this town.” Buffy conceded and he smiled before heading inside.

“Want something to drink?” he called out from the kitchen, hearing his mom yell back “make some lemonade, Buffy help him please, last time he forgot the sugar.”

He shook his head at his mom, it hadn’t been the last time he had made it, and it had been when he was six.

“Need some help?” Buffy teased, walking to the kitchen table and sitting down.

“I think I got it, mum’s just trying to play matchmaker.”

“Ya, I kinda’ caught on to that” she giggled.

“So, what are you wearing to the bar tonight?” he asked with a leer.

“Jeans and a top”

“Minx”

She laughed, “Ya, nothing says sex kitten like a tank top and faded ripped pants.”

“You know it” he teased back.

“You?” she asked back.

“Jeans and a top.”

“Ooooh, however will the ladies keep themselves away from you?”

“With mind boggling restraint I’d imagine” he answered with a leer and then a chuckle.

He had just finished making the lemonade and pouring out 3 glasses when Jenny walked inside, swiped a glass and headed up the stairs slowly, “I’m taking a nap, have fun you guys” she said and closed the door behind her.

Spike and Buffy looked at each other and burst out laughing at her obvious antics.

“Feel like going for a ride?”

She eyed him from top to bottom, “That’s all I ever want cowboy.” She answered and walked outside to the corral. Spike watching her ass sway with a smile.

He grabbed his car keys and yelled out, “I meant in the truck kitten, I’ve got to go pick something up.”

She eyed the trailer attached to it, “New horse?” she asked walking over.

“Ya, called a guy last night, he had exactly what I’ve been looking for, it’s an hour out, still wanna’ come?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I finished my work here while you were out on Slayer, so I don’t see why not.”

He smiled and opened the door for her before climbing into the driver’s seat and taking off.

For the most part they tried to out-sing each other when a song played that they both knew and when they didn’t know the lyrics they chatted about old relationships, funny mishaps and good times.

Spike felt happier than he had in a long time and was almost saddened when he pulled into the driveway of their destination, but the smile on Buffy’s face was contagious.

“What’s got you bouncin’ in the seat kitten?” he asked, turning the car off.

“I love meeting new horses, they’re so much like people but without the ability to open their mouth and ruin everything.”

He laughed and shook his head, “Come on.”

She followed him to the back where he embraced the middle aged man that emerged from the barn, looking around she counted 9 horses in the field, 4 dogs, 5 cats lolling about on the porch and 2 cows.

“Giles, this is Buffy” Spike introduced while the two shook hands.

“Nice to meet you Buffy” the kindly looking man said with a smile that made his eyes twinkle.

“Likewise, this is quite the place you have here; I can’t believe I’ve never heard of it.”

Giles laughed, “Well, I’m not a seller, I’m a taker. People bring me the animals they find abused, or the animals they can’t afford to take care of anymore. I get donations here and there that helps me do it, I’m retired so I have all the time in the world to treat them right.”

Buffy smiled warmly at the man, “What a wonderful thing to do.”

“It’s my pleasure, I can assure you.”

“So old man, where is he?” Spike piped up and the others laughed, Buffy adding “So he really is that rude to everyone.”

Giles nodded as they started to walk into the barn, “I take it with a grain of salt, I think he was dropped on the head as a baby.”

They both laughed at Spikes shouted, “Hey now, I’ve got feelings you know!” but he said it with a smile in his voice.

When Giles opened the doors Buffy gasped and practically ran to the horse standing in the open area, Giles looked at Spike and smiled, the boy had a heart of gold, his eyes fixated only on the girl, whose eyes were fixated only on the gorgeous gypsy vanner in front of her. “What’s his name?” she cooed and Spike smiled.

“Cataclysm”

She turned her eyes to him, remembering Apocalypse, “He’s gorgeous.”

Spike walked up to the horse, running his hands across the 15 hand high creature in front of him. “He’s just turned six, was looking for a good home.”

Buffy smiled, “Well, he’s certainly found one on the Calendar farm, haven’t you stud?” she asked the horse with a giggle.

Spike looked at Giles who walked up to Buffy with the ownership papers, “Well actually he doesn’t belong to the Calendars” he said with a smile, placing the papers in her hand.

“What?” she looked down and read the document, before looking at Spike.

“I can’t accept this” she said, trying to hand her papers to him but he just raised his hands and smiled.

“Sorry kitten, papers say he’s yours and I’m not one to break the law.”

She frowned, “I don’t know what to say…”

“So don’t say anything, you can’t prove it was me who did it.”

She looked at the paper again, “Spike, this says I own 3 horses…”

“The other 2 are arriving next week” Giles said, amused and endeared by her obvious shock.

“But…”

“Can’t prove a thing Summers.” Spike said with a cocky grin and winked at Giles who still had the check for 10,000 dollars in his pocket. Part of Spike’s inheritance from Ethan’s passing, the boy had argued with Giles over the amount, Giles trying to explain the horses were his for free, knowing they would have a good home with the Calendar’s or whoever the Calendars saw fit to have them. Spike had been adamant saying repeatedly, “its bad money doing a good thing.” The shockingly blond male had also insisted on keeping his name off the ownership papers and the details of payment completely private, as far as the bank knew, the check was given by one Buffy A. Summers, it helped that Giles’ brother Wesley ran it.