Spike felt like a teenager again, standing in front of Buffy’s house and sneaking in a kiss whenever he could, the both of them giggling like they were going to get caught by some parental figure.

In the end they sat on the porch and just talked, him one step higher and her one lower, sitting between his legs with his arms wrapped around her.

“I missed you, when you left.”

“I almost wish I hadn’t but I can’t regret the things I’ve learned or done.”

“I didn’t mean I wanted you to turn back time, I just meant that I missed you. You don’t have to justify anything to me.”

His arms tightened around her and he rested his chin on her shoulder, pressing a soft kiss into her neck.

“Yes I do. I liked you Summers, it’s one of the reasons I left.”

He felt her stiffen slightly, but she didn’t move which he took as a sign to continue.

“I was too old – at the time at least – to be able to be with you.”

She giggled softly, “We already went over this”, relaxing back against him and snuggling into his warmth.

“I know…I just feel like I wasted so much time getting to know you.”

“We have time, there’s no rush.”

“I know…I don’t know what I’m trying to say I guess” he answered, obviously irritate with his lack of being able to articulate his thoughts.

She was so amazing, so beautiful, so deserving of everything good the world had to offer.

“You deserve someone incredible Buffy.”

“That works out well since I like this sort of incredible guy.”

“Do you now?” he purred into her ear, shivers going through her.

“Yup.”

“Tell me about him.”

“He’s sweet, good with horses, caring, sexy as hell, and he’s spoiled me rotten.”

“Tell me more about how sexy he is.”

She laughed and elbowed him lightly, “What about you Calendar? Anyone special in your life?”

“I hope so.”

“What’s she like?”

“Spunky, funny, a golden goddess in the looks department, a tease, and most definitely worth being spoiled.”

“She sounds like a bitch” Buffy quipped, swatting his leg when he answered “She’s that too.”

“Spike?”

“Hmmm kitten?”

“What are we?”

“People.”

“Shut up, you know what I meant” she laughed.

“What do you want us to be?”

She turned her neck so that she was looking him in the eyes, “That’s a cop-out answer.”

“I suppose it is, I just feel kind of old to be asking me if you’re my girlfriend…”

“Was that your way of asking me if I’m your girlfriend?”

“If it was?”

“If it was, I’d say yes.”

“Then it was.”

“Yes.”

He smiled and lowered his mouth to hers; relishing the feel of their softness before they parted and he deepened the kiss, only breaking away when they were both breathless.

“I have waited so long for this” she admitted with a shy smile that he returned, “Me too Buffy.”

“Do you want to spend the night? Not to…you know, but just to sleep with me?”

“I would love to.”

She smiled and held his hand as they walked to the door and inside the house. “I’ve never had a guy sleep here” she admitted and he suppressed a possessive growl that threatened to escape at the thought of being the first one to have her in her bed, even if it wasn’t sexual in nature…yet.

“Well then, thank you for letting me.”

She led them up the stairs to her room, “Thank you for staying.”

She let go of his hand to rummage through one of her drawers for a pair of shorts and a shirt that would fit him. She found a shirt and thought for a moment before stuffing it to the back of the drawer, opting only to pull out an old pair of men’s basketball shorts she’d gotten as a joke – long story – from Willow for her 16th birthday.

“I’m not wearing some other bloke’s castaway’s kitten” Spike said, sulking.

“Grow up Calendar, they’re mine” she said with a smirk, tossing him the ‘offensive’ shorts.

“What are you doing with man-shorts?”

“It’s a story no one will ever pry from my lips, now come on, get changed.”

“Where’s your bathroom?”

“Are you afraid to change in front of me?” she asked, teasing, while she, sans hesitation, lifted her top over her head tossing it to the floor and leaving him to stare at her almost naked breasts.

A few seconds passed while he remained floored to the same spot, “What are you, fifteen?” she asked.

“No, but I’m male Buffy, and you have no idea how beautiful you are do you?”

She shrugged her shoulders in response and he realized she really didn’t.

Swift strides brought him to stand in front of her before strong arms reached down, lifting her onto the dresser while he settled himself between her legs. He lifted his arms while she tugged his shirt off.
His hands came up to cup her face, eyes never leaving hers as if to tell her this wasn’t about sex or the wanting of it right now.

“You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen Buffy, you practically shine and the fact that you don’t know it only makes you more…”

“Glowy?”

“No…that’s not the right word...”

“Effulgent?” she asked with a timid smile.

His eyes searched hers for any sign of sarcasm or mockery

“God yes” he moaned before capturing her lips while her arms wrapped around his back, holding him tightly to her body. He pulled his mouth away with a soft groan.

“I better get changed.”

She went to make a snarky comment when she noticed his erection and knew why he’d broken the kiss and she kept her mouth shut.

When they had both settled under the blankets, her head resting on his chest and his fingers playing in her hair she switched off the lamp, darkness swallowing the room save for a small area near her window that let the moonlight shine in.

“Buffy?”

“Ya?”

“I missed you too pet.” he whispered, finishing the conversation from outside.

He could feel her smile into his chest and his heart swelled.

“I know.”