Spike woke up and began to stretch before feeling the small slip of girl nuzzle into him and stopped all movements. Looking down at her, curled up into his side and sleeping so peacefully, he couldn’t help the feeling of warmth that spread through his entire being. She was so tiny, so beautiful, and for a moment – this moment – she was his. It was a wonderful feeling really, the idea of her being his, not as a possession of course, though he would love to possess her he thought with a wicked grin, but his in the sense that she was his girl, or felt like his girl at least and he would do anything to make her happy…if anyone ‘owned’ anyone, she owned him.

Was it soon to be thinking like this? Yes, but this he knew, he simply didn’t care. He’d spent years running away from things, putting his wants on hold for other people and in this moment it felt like he had put himself first for the first time in a long while.

“What are you thinking about?” came her groggy voice.

“You.”

“Good or bad?”

“Good…always good kitten,” he answered and began to run his hand along her waist, wordlessly urging her to snuggle more into him, which she did.

“I could get used to this,” she murmured into his chest.

“I hope you do, because I’m not planning on making this a one-time deal princess,” he answered honestly.

“Neither was I.”

“Are you hungry?” he asked with a smirk when he heard her stomach growl.

“Yes. Feed me?”

“It would be my pleasure. What do you fancy eating?”

“Chocolate chip pancakes?” she asked and batted her eyes, as if he would have denied her request if she hadn’t.

“Look at you, you little vixen, batting your lashes to manipulate me,” he laughed. “I’ll make you your pancakes, but first I want a kiss.”

Buffy jumped out of the bed and into the bathroom before he could even get out a ‘hey’ and he chuckled when he realized she was brushing her teeth. Two minutes later she ran back into the room and jumped on top of him, pressing her now mint-smelling lips against his.

“Hey now, that’s not fair, you’re all fresh and m’not.”

“You can use my toothbrush if you want, but I don’t have an extra one. And all’s fair in love and pancakes,” she said with a giggle.

“Won’t that gross you out? Your toothbrush in someone else’s mouth I mean.”

“I guess if I hadn’t spent the night with my tongue in your mouth and yours in mine I might, just rinse it afterwards and we’ll be fine…doofus.”

“Oi, I’ve got feelings I’ll have you know!”

“You’ve also got pancakes to make, so get your sweet ass outta’ bed mister.”

She laughed while he muttered something about ‘bossy bints’ under his breath and went to brush his teeth in the bathroom across the hall, while she went to pull out the ingredients for the pancakes in the kitchen.

When he came downstairs it was to a pouting Buffy, “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t have pancake batter,” she faux-sniffled and he couldn’t help but smile and shake his head. “Do you have flour and sugar and what not?”

“Ya, why?”

“You do realize pancakes can be made from those ingredients right? They don’t have to come from a box.”

“They do when I make them,” she countered with a happy smile that showed exactly how much she wanted those chocolaty treats.

“Aren’t you supposed to be good in the kitchen?” he teased.

“Aren’t you supposed to be out working the fields?” she retorted and was rewarded with a bright smile.

“Nah, that would make me even more muscular and irresistible, I’d have to date everyone and then our time together would have to be scheduled in…”

He earned an eye roll and a swat to his ass, “I get it Mr. Egotistical, now feed me!”

“Jesus woman, I’m working as hard as I can.”

As if to show her just how hard he was working every few seconds he’d sigh as he mixed the batter he’d prepared while she went to work cutting up some fresh fruit – at least that she could do.
When Spike had begun to flip the pancakes Buffy set the table, noting how nice it looked set for two instead of one – which was one of the reasons she ate in the living room while reading often times.

She must have been zoned out because the next thing she knew Spike had the pancakes stacked on a plate with syrup next to it on the middle of the table, next to the fruit salad she’d made.

“Thank you so much,” her happy voice breaking the small span of silence, quickly followed by a moan of delight brought on by biting into the fluffy and moist breakfast he’d made.

“These are soooo good!”

He smiled shyly, “Thank you, you’re fruit salad is good too princess”.

She smiled, “Maybe, but that’s not cooking, that’s chopping and throwing chunks into a bowl, me and cooking are un-mixy things,” she admitted with a smile.

Before he even had time to think about the powerful statement he was about to make it flew from his mouth, “I’ll make you breakfast everyday if you’d like”.

Her fork stopped in midair, the silly smile she wore frozen in place, his look of shock just as frozen.

“I would like that,” she answered, a small blush tingeing her cheeks and the horror he’d felt just seconds before dissipated into a rush of warmth, “Really?”

She nodded, “Really…but I’m going to get fat so you’ll have to deal with that buddy”.

“I would deal with a lot more than some weight gain Buffy…”

“Would you?” she asked, searching his eyes for honesty and promptly finding it there, “You would, wouldn’t you?”

“Of course,” he answered, sounding as though she was crazy for thinking otherwise.

After a moment she looked into his deep blue eyes, “So would I”.