Chapter Four


Dawn didn’t go home straight from school. She knew that Buffy would be at work and didn’t want to be around Spike if she could help it. She’d tried to talk to Willow about her concerns but the red head had just brushed them aside as if she were just a jealous kid. There was only one person who she knew would listen. Tara.


She knocked loudly on the door to Tara’s apartment and tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for the door to be opened. As soon as it was, she startled Tara by marching straight in and turning around to face her with hands on hips.


“Tara, you’ve got to help me. It’s Spike. Something’s not right with him. Could Willow’s spell have gone kablooey and hurt Spike somehow?”


“Er…come in, Dawnie,” replied Tara with a gentle smile.


She closed the door and walked to Dawn taking hold of her hands.


“Sweetie, why don’t we sit down and you can tell me all about it?” she suggested.


Dawn took a deep breath. “Okay. But I’m not just a jealous kid. I’m so over my crush on Spike. There’s this boy at school who is way cooler…”


Tara sat on the couch and suppressed a sigh. She had a feeling that this was going to be a long conversation.


*~*~*~*


Spike shifted position and gasped. How could it still hurt so much after so long? Had the bastard put a spell on him? He raised his head and looked at his wound through narrowed eyes. Tentatively he touched the area and screamed. Croaked would be more accurate but it was more noise than he’d been capable of the day before. The wound looked almost as bad as when it had happened. Spike let his head fall back to the bed.


Why can’t the git just sodding stake me or chop off my head?


The really terrifying thing was that Spike knew exactly why he wouldn’t. He knew first hand just how much fun it was to torture and maim. Only he’d never had a vampire to play with and so his victims had tended not to last very long. The things that TwinSpike had done to him were pretty much the same as he’d inflicted back in the day. Admittedly, he’d spat out the body parts that he’d torn off not eaten them like that sick fucker, but he’d done it all the same. He shuddered when he thought of all the things in TwinSpike’s stolen memories of what could still be to come. Spike had never thought the saying ‘what goes around comes around’ applied to vampires but now he was sure that it did. He was getting payback with a capital P.


He stared at the feeding bottle on the wall as if he could fill it simply by his own will. To his utter astonishment, the bottle did begin to fill with blood as he watched. His stomach growled and though he was suspicious of how the blood had arrived – TwinSpike must have magicked it there – the need for sustenance was too great to be able to resist it.


Slowly, oh so slowly, Spike moved down the bed until his feet touched the floor. The pain from his missing testicle seemed to drag at his innards almost as badly as when the rod had been activated. He struggled to his feet and walked on unsteady legs towards the bottle.


Halfway there, his legs gave out and he fell to the floor, an almost silent scream on his lips. It was over ten minutes before he dare to move again. He crawled until his hands could touch the wall and then he leant against it as he rose to his feet. He bit the teat with his gums and sucked hungrily. It began to fill as soon as he emptied it and he drank until his stomach felt bloated.


He slid down the wall until his arse touched the floor and then curled up in a ball on his side. Spike knew that he’d need more blood soon and couldn’t face trying to get to and from the bed. He fell into a deep, exhausted sleep. Twenty-four hours passed before he stirred.


Spike opened his eyes slowly and shifted position to see how much pain he was in. To his surprise, the answer to that was hardly any. He ran his hand down to his groin and encountered smooth hairless tissue where the gaping hole had been. Spike closed his eyes again and tried to still the trembles that were taking over his body.


Another part of him gone.


He touched the remaining ball and wondered how long he’d be allowed to keep that? Maybe he should just rip it off himself? Save the doppelganger the trouble?


Get a grip, Spike. He chided himself. Can’t give up while the fucker goes home to Buffy. Although he knew that these dingy four walls would be the only ones he saw for the rest of his existence, Spike couldn’t give up. While his twin could come here and get his kinks worked out by abusing him, he might not get violent with Buffy, the Niblet and the Scoobies. No. Gotta stay strong.


He felt strong enough to stand and drank deeply when he saw the bottle was full again. He glanced down at his genitals. His cock was still held upright by the chain attached to his collar and the lone testicle hanging there made everything look lopsided. It would be much neater with none. He walked slowly to the bed. Least once it was gone, the bastard couldn’t threaten to do it anymore. Spike knew that he’d do anything to avoid the pain he’d endured with the other’s removal.


Spike rolled over onto his hands and knees when he heard the bolts being opened, thankful that he could now use his hands to brace himself again the hard thrusts.


TwinSpike didn’t speak. He smirked when he saw that Spike was in position. The blood had obviously done the trick, and he didn’t think Spike would have any trouble remembering the past few days.


Spike whimpered as his double gently stroked his remaining testicle, his whole body rigid with the terror that the gentle touch may change to something more.


“It’s all right, Spikey. The last one gave me terrible indigestion, it was so bleeding tough. You can keep that for a while.” His hand gripped more firmly. “Aren’t you going to thank me? I know you can speak again by now.”


“Thank you,” rasped Spike.


TwinSpike chuckled and let go, the ball swinging slightly as he did. “Does look kind of sad though, hanging there all alone.”


Spike heard the familiar sound of the zipper on his twin’s jeans and braced himself for the first hard thrust. He wasn’t disappointed and soon TwinSpike’s balls were slapping on his arse in a frantic rhythm. It didn’t really hurt anymore. Whether TwinSpike had intended it or not, forcing Spike’s arse to heal wide open, meant that even being fucked with such force no longer really caused any physical damage.


TwinSpike told Spike to stand up once he had shot his load and Spike found that no matter how often it happened, the humiliation of standing powerless in front of his captor while spunk ran down his legs hurt more than most of what had been done to him. He stank of stale semen and blood. Spike glanced down and grimaced when he saw how his legs were streaked with both He clenched his fists. His anger increased when he saw the stump where his little finger should be. He was full of blood – he was almost pain free – he was fucking sick of being a victim.


Spike launched himself at TwinSpike. His left fist connected with his double’s cheek before he was hurled across the room. As he hit the wall with a bone rattling crunch he remembered the advantage that TwinSpike had over him. Magic. The bastard was full of it. He struggled to get up, but was pinned there – helpless – again.


“Now that was downright unfriendly,” said TwinSpike, vamping out and stalking towards him. “That wasn’t very friendly at all.”


*~*~*~*


Tara listened patiently to Dawn’s jumbled explanation as to why she thought that Spike was all wrong. Like Willow, she wasn’t totally convinced that Dawn wasn’t just jealous. Even if her crush had ended, she sounded resentful of the time that Spike and Buffy were spending together.


“Please,” begged Dawn. “Help me. No one else will.”


One thing that Tara could do quickly and without anyone knowing about it was read auras. She was familiar enough with Spike’s to be sure that she would be able to detect any changes.


“Okay, I’ll come over. But I really don’t want to see Willow,” Tara replied. No way was she ready to see her former lover just yet.


“She’s going to Xander’s tonight – big pizza fest. Buffy promised to stay in with me, but I’m sure that she’ll end up going out with Spike to patrol and then they’ll go to his crypt and—”


“I said I’d come!” interrupted Tara. “I’ll come over at seven. They’ll still be in by then, won’t they?”


Dawn grinned triumphantly. “Yeah, they won’t have gone patrolling by then.” She hugged Tara and then added, “I’ll see you later.” Before she ran out of the apartment.


*~*~*~*


Spike stared in horror as TwinSpike approached him. He’d hoped that the beating he’d just endured would be the end of it, but now his double was walking towards him again carrying something that Spike was sure wouldn’t be pleasant. He was pinned against the wall by the magics TwinSpike had thrown at him, with his feet just off the floor and his arms outstretched to the sides.


“I fed you well so that you would heal nicely,” said TwinSpike calmly. “But what do you do? You just fucking attack me.” He stroked Spike’s face. “I’m getting bored of you. There’s not much more I can do apart from chop you up into little biddy pieces.”


He mimed the action of scissors with his free hand. “Could just cut off your arms and legs and put you in a box and leave you here – forever. I’m pretty sure that I can make it so you don’t need to feed – so that you’d just exist.”


TwinSpike smiled and then sank his fangs into Spike’s neck. “If keeping you so well fed makes you think that you can take me, then I’d better not make that mistake again.”


Spike felt light-headed when his twin eventually pulled his fangs out.


“I think it’s about time that I brought little Dawn down here to play with instead.”


“No!” growled Spike. “Leave her alone.”


TwinSpike loosened the hold his magics had on Spike and then slammed him back into the wall. “You’re in no position to tell me what to do,” snarled TwinSpike. “I’ll find the spell that the witch did to create me and make me a new Dawnie and bring the original one here.” He smiled as he thought of the fun that he could have.


Spike felt a faint glimmer of hope. Would a spell work on Dawn given that she was already mystical in origin? If there were no double, then Buffy would find her. She’d never let any harm come to the Niblet.


“You really piss me off sometimes,” said TwinSpike. “I’m sure that if I listen to you or look at you for much longer that I’ll end up staking you.” He leaned in close. “But I want you there to see what I do to your precious little Slayer and her sister when the time comes, and I think that if you die then I will too.” Holding his hands out so that Spike could see the two flat pieces of metal that he held, TwinSpike grinned and said, “This will prevent me from staking you in temper. It might pinch a little.”



The force holding Spike to the wall disappeared and he slumped forwards landing in his doppelganger’s arms. TwinSpike put one hand on Spike’s chest, covering his heart and the other in the same equivalent place on his back. Before Spike could struggle out of TwinSpike’s arms, the magics kicked in and the metal embedded itself into his skin. Spike yelled and when his twin let him fall to the floor his fingers scratched at frantically at the metal, but there was no edge to try to pull against. It was as if the metal was a part of him, shielding his heart at the front and the back. The sharp pain diminished and Spike struggled to his feet.


“I won’t let you hurt them,” he hissed, spittle flying as he glared at TwinSpike.


TwinSpike patted Spike’s cheek affectionately. “You haven’t got a hope in Hell of stopping me doing anything that I fucking want.”


A wave of his hands and Spike was suddenly enveloped in chains, wrenching his arms behind his back and his ankles up to meet them. Spike gasped as another chain yanked his head back causing the one on his penis to pull cruelly tight. A bag of blood was dropped onto the floor a couple of feet away.


“Just remember, if you hadn’t attacked me, you could have been lying on that lovely bed with a bellyful of blood.” He reached down and tugged the penis chain. “I could have taken this or your other bollock, but I reckon it’ll be fun to have a little game when I get all of your little friends down here. I’ll let one of you pick which bit I cut off another.” He laughed in Spike’s face. “If you don’t pick then I shag Dawnie ‘til someone decides to play. I wonder just what else I could fill her with than just my cock – large as it is – I don’t reckon I’d make it hurt too badly. She’d be all hot and wet from just wanting me inside.”


Spike growled and thrust his head forwards and snapped his bare gums at TwinSpike, who merely laughed. “Easy, tiger. Have fun; not sure when I’ll be back.” He straightened up and walked away, leaving Spike with his muscles protesting already.



*~*~*~*


TwinSpike stopped short when he caught a different scent when he walked into what he now considered home. He searched his inherited memories and came up with a name – Tara. Shite, she’s a witch. Spike’s memories also told him that she was a sensitive – able to read auras. Pausing as his closed his eyes for a moment and concentrated hard, TwinSpike gathered his magics. When he was satisfied that he had it under control, he walked into the living room, unaware that by drawing in his magics to create a shield around him that the hold over Spike was weakening.


“Hey, Tara,” he said as he sprawled on the armchair. “Haven’t seen you for a while.”


“Hello, Spike,” said Tara carefully. If there really was something wrong with Spike, she didn’t want to risk antagonising him, chip or no chip. “Dawn asked me to come around. She’s a little lonely,” added Tara, glancing towards the kitchen.


“Yeah, well, me and her big sis have been kind of busy, what with the patrolling and all.” TwinSpike leered at Tara and ran a hand over his groin. She was quite a looker – another good candidate for a playmate.


Tara flushed and looked away. She closed her eyes briefly and tried to concentrate on his aura. It was different – there was no question about that – but she wasn’t exactly sure what the difference meant. She’s never had one like this. It was jumbled up, as if it had been patched together. She tried not to flinch when she opened her eyes to find him staring at her intensely. Dawn was right, forget his aura, his eyes were different. Colder, more predatory.


She wondered if the chip had failed and if he was killing again. She needed to do some research, then when she had more of an idea of what was going on, she’d tell Willow. She thought that it was more likely to be a fault with the chip than anything going wrong with the spell. She knew that Spike’s double had disappeared as scheduled because Willow told her it had. What she didn’t know was that Spike had been the one to report that fact.


*~*~*~*


Pain flared in Spike’s face. He closed his eyes and groaned. What now? His limbs were cramping from the way he was shackled and his remaining genitals were being pressed against the concrete floor. Spike hissed as the pain increased and then suddenly his features shifted. Teeth ripped their way through his gums as his face returned to his human appearance for the first time in weeks.


Before Spike could process this fact, the chains binding him suddenly disappeared and his face hit the floor with a thud. The taste of blood flooded his mouth as he’d bitten his tongue. Gasping, Spike rolled onto his back and lay there panting for a time, trying to gather his wits. He cast his eyes towards the door. If the magics controlling him had gone, then had the wards failed too? If so, freedom was only a couple of bolts away.


He rolled over until he could get on his hands and knees and crawled until he could reach the blood. How weak he felt right now meant that he knew he’d be unable to break the door down. Spike allowed himself a grin as his human teeth ripped the corner of the bag open and then he drained every drop. A glance at the bottle on the wall showed him that it was full, so Spike crawled over and used the wall to help him get to his feet. He almost bit through the teat on the end of the bottle in his eagerness to get to the blood.


Still feeling a little shaky, he walked to the drawer where his torturer had kept his ‘toys’. Tentatively, he reached out but there was no stab of pain this time. Spike shuddered when he saw the rod that had been used on him resting in there with pieces of dried flesh on it; pieces of him. He found what he was looking for, a pair of pliers. He snipped the chain off his penis and sighed as the abused flesh dropped down to rest against his solitary testicle. The attempt to get the collar off failed and so he just cut the end of the chain from there too. No time to worry about that.


The blood in his system was doing its job and he could feel his strength returning. Spike looked down and touched the metal covering his heart. It no longer hurt and still looked like it was part of his skin with no discernable edge to it. The magics involved with that had obviously just been to site it and so the plate was unaffected by the failure.


Taking a deep breath, Spike walked to the door. He held his hand out, trying to feel the energy that would be pulsing if the wards were intact. He hesitated a moment longer before taking two steps forward and kicking the door with all his might with his good right foot. To his utter astonishment, it flew open. He had no idea of whether it was day or night and the corridor the door opened onto gave him no clue. With a backwards glance at his prison, Spike walked slowly down the passage; his whole body was tense as he crept along. The dim light of the corridor made Spike want to vamp out to use his enhanced sight but he daren’t try to change in case he couldn’t change back.


The door to the outside revealed a day slowly turning into night. Spike regarded his filthy naked body with disgust. He needed clothes. He needed somewhere to hide where his double could never find him. He needed help.