Two weeks later Buffy awoke to the phone ringing. She rolled around in bed and picked it up.

“’lo’” she mumbled.

“Hello luv.”

She jumped up and nearly knocked the phone to the floor in the process. She would recognize that voice everywhere especially since they talked almost every night for the last two weeks.

“Spike?”

“Oh, you’re there. Good.”

”Spike, why are you calling… at” she turned to the clock on the opposite wall. “7 am in the morning.”

“Well, I tried to reach you before but you were never at home and I thought I could catch you before you left for your classes.” His voice was smaller than usually, if she didn’t know better she would have described it as shy.

“Well, today is Wednesday. I have summer break since Monday, REMEMBER and I actually stayed at a friends the last two of days.”

“A friend? What kind of friend?”

She had to repress a chuckle at his obviousness. “Oh, you know, a friend.” She heard him growl.
“Actually I stayed at Riley’s. He moved into his new apartment and I helped him move, after that I was too tired so we decided to make it a home-welcoming-sleepover, you know.”

“Oh, I totally forgot Captain Corn moved this week. And sorry that I woke you up.”
In fact, Spike knew exactly about Buffy’s college schedule, he was just worried after calling her two nights in a row and never getting a hold of her. Of course, things weren’t better after she told him about where she was.

“Yeah… so, what’s so important?!”

“Wha? Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about that. You remember the mansion outside Sunnydale? Just on the hill. The one we saw when all of us went out last week?!”

“Sure, what about it?!”

“Well, we bought it!.”

“WHAT?”

###########################

***1 week earlier***


Buffy listened to Spike’s message for what seemed to be the hundredth time. One week since she last saw him. One week and she hadn’t decided if she would call him.

‘Why am I making such a huge deal out of this. Call him, Be done with it. Maybe Dawn’s right and he isn’t really an asshole after all. We could talk. Like friends. Yeah friends, cause right now, she didn’t really want more.’

She dialled his number and chewed on her bottom lip, anxiously waiting for Spike to pick up.

“Sorry. Leave a message. Might even call you back.”

“Spike? Uhm, this s Buffy, sorry to call back that late, I’ve kinda… been… uhm busy. So, yeah…”

“Hello? Buffy?” Spike seemed out of breath.

“SPIKE?” She screeched in a high-pitched voice.

“Yeah, luv. Glad you called. Actually thought you forgot all about me.”

“Naw” she answered, her voice back to a rather normal level. “Just been really busy with college and all.”

“Oh. Ok. So, how’ve you been?”

It felt awkward. Somehow him trying to make small talk didn’t seem fitting.

“Pretty good actually, thanx. You?”

“Good. Busy with the recordings but other than that it’s pretty alright.”

“So, Dawn told me Connor was coming to Sunnydale this weekend.”

“Not only Connor. Oz and myself will be there too.”

“What about Xander and Gunn?”

“Oh, they’re staying in LA, Anya will actually join them.”

“Oh, ok. So, I guess I’ll see you this weekend?!”

“I’d like that. How about we get ourselves something nice to eat and make a picnic?”

“Oh, that sounds great. You know what, I’ll probably invite Riley. He suggested the very same thing yesterday.”

“Who?” Buffy stayed oblivious to the anger in his voice.

“Oh, Riley. He’s my psych TA.”

“Ah, sure. Invite him. The more the bleedin merrier.”

##########################

“YOU BOUGHT THE HOUSE?!”

“Yeah, that’s what I’ve said.”

“WHY?”

“Well, Lorne was hysteric after he heard Oz’ new songs. He thinks Sunnydale is some sort of creative Mecca. Wanted us to get a place her to write new songs, finish the Album, you know.”

“Well, that’s great, right?!” Buffy actually didn’t know what to say or think for that matter. Here she was, trying to make it seem like she was perfectly fine with the Buffy and Spike are just friends show, especially since she found out Spike wasn’t the asshole he seemed to be at first.

She wanted them to be friends. It worked, at least until they were near each other and she could feel the UST practically rolling off of them in waves.

“Of course it is. We get to see you girls more, have the quiet of a small town instead of LA and above all a HUGE mansion where we can play Hefner and throw huge parties. Don’t you think it’s great?” The last bit was said with the unusual shyness Buffy finally accepted as a part of Spike.

“Sure I think it’s great, Fantastic even. Oh, and the party?! We so have to throw a welcoming party. I can practically see it in front of my inner eye right now…”

As Buffy went on and on about her plans for the part Spike zoned out and thought about there current situation.

Buffy and Spike seemed to finally developed a relation ship. Definitely the one he was after but it was progress.

‘Friends’ that word tasted bitter to him every time he used it to elaborate the situation between Buffy and him.

‘Who invented that word anyway? Bleedin idiot is what that bloke was!’

########################

Buffy and Dawn walked through a huge iron gate and up the long driveway that led to the three story mansion
They were both getting more and more excited with each step and Dawn began to walk a little faster as soon as she detected her boyfriend Connor at one of the moving trucks.
He caught her with open arms and pulled her into a huge hug before he pressed his lips softly to hers.
These were the moments Buffy envied her little sis.

‘I want someone to wait for me, someone to hug me, someone I can feel save with.

That’s when she saw Spike stepping out of the mansion and into the bright sunlight. He wore his normal black leather coat. The tight black shirt and jeans along with his combat boot. All bad boy but then there was this peroxide blond head that, in the bright light, seemed to highlight his cheekbones even more, make his eyes bluer. Almost gave him an angelic appearance.

‘Tz. Stop with that Buffy. He might seem angelic. But so did Lucifer once…’

“Hello ladies.” Spike greeted the two young women.
“Nice of you to finally join us. Now that all the things are inside and there’s nothing more to do.” That plastered his trademark smirk on his and a sheepish smile on the girls’ faces.

“Well, I we were busy with school and college.” Dawn tried to cover.

“Oh? Is that right? Where was school when you came over last night, looking for your boyfriend?!” His smirk still in place he let his eyes rest on the young brunet for a short while and than settled back on his favourite object.

Buffy wore a light blue, really tight sundress that showed a lot of cleavage and clung to her curves like a satin glove.
He had to stop himself when he felt his jeans tighten and made himself listen to Dawn instead.

“…so yeah, that’s why Connor is more important than school, while working my ass off because you’ve decided to move isn’t” She gave him a huge smile and dragged Connor inside, telling him to show her his new room.

“So, how do you like it?” Buffy asked after he returned his gaze to her.

“Oh, I love it. I actually got the biggest room. With a huge bathroom and walk in dresser closet. You really have to see the Jacuzzi, really big.” He winked at her.

‘She’s so cute when she blushes.’

‘Damn, I hate it when he makes me blush!’

They were so wrapped up in each other that they didn’t notice another person walking up to them.

Just when Spike wanted to take Buffy’s hand to lead her inside on huge arm made it’s way around her tiny waist.

Spike saw red. He was about to punch that guy so hard it would delete that all-American-boy smile off of him when Buffy turned around and hugged that gigantic corn boy.

“Riley! Hey! You’re early.”

“Yeah, I kinda am. I didn’t know how long it would take me to get me here so I left work early.”

“Oh, that’s ok. Anyway. Riley I’d like you to meet one of the new owners of this huge mansion” She smiled at him, then at Spike whose jaw was clenched beyond believe.

“Spike, I’d like you to meet my TA Riley Finn. Riley. This is a very good friend of mine. Spike”

Both man visibly flinched at the introduction.
Each reaching for the hand of the other one both lost in their own thoughts.

‘He’s a friend while I’m the TA? Great’

‘FRIEND??? … BLOODY WORD. I’LL MAKE THEM RID IT FROM ALL MEMORIES. And what kind of name is Riley?’

TBC…


A/N
I really would love to know what you guys think. Please review?!
I know it’s annoyin but pretty please?!

Also, it will probably soon come to the spuffygoodness, however there is MAYJOR angst to come so feel yourself warned hehe.



www.GODS-of-the-RADIO.com
even without James they deserve support!!!