CHAPTER 5
After Show

The last song of Dingos ate my Baby fainted and the girls quickly made their way back to their backstage room, neither of them wanting to meet the guys like some groupies, waiting for them at the stage entrance.

As soon as the door closed behind them they noticed that Dawn was already there.

“Weren’t they amazing?” Anya said out of breath.
“I mean have you seen Xander’s upper arms? So manly…you know, I wonder if he could carry me to different places during sex? I bet…”

Rolling her eyes at Anya Buffy smiled and looked at Dawn.
“Hey, what’s up, where’ve you been? Haven’t you watched the show?”

“Nope” Dawn ended the Nope with a plopping P.
“I had better things to do. Besides, got their CD”

“WHAT? Dawn what’s up?” Buffy became a little worried, was that her sister talking?

“Nothing, just had to check on my bass, putting on new strings, you know”
‘And I sure as hell didn’t want to see him making moon eyes with that blond bitch’

Just as Buffy wanted to say something a knock at the door got the attention of the girls.

“Yeah?” Willow asked the person in.

There in the door stood Gunn.

“Hey girls. Enjoyed the show?”

“Yeah, you were great.” Dawn managed to say, the sarcasm stayed unnoticed by the tall man.
But Buffy noticed and gave her a bad glance.

“Thanx, you were awesome too. Listen guys, we’re heading for a little fun. We booked a huge Suite in that Hyperion Hotel. Wanna come?”

You could’ve heard a needle fall to the floor after Gunn said what he had to say.
The girls were in shock.

“Do we get drinks for free?” Dawn asked, still concentrated on her bass, not even bothering to look up in Gunn’s eyes.

“Sure thing. So? Wanna come”

“SURE” Willow blurted out, earning a smile from Gunn.

“Great, we’re leaving in 15 minutes. You have a car or do you want us to give you a ride?”

“No we have a car, thanx” Gunn smiled at Anya, who was obviously affected by the attention Gunn gave her and smiled like a teenage girl.

“Great.” And with that he was gone.

Buffy was still in shock. Spending a night with the guy she found out called Spike.
‘Wait, so he’s Giles’ son??? And I’m going to spend the night with him, well not WITH with him but you know. And in a suit. With a huge bed… STOP IT BUFFY!’


“Damn, these girls are hot AND talented.”

“Yeah, that guitarist is really hot.”

“Damn right she is Xanman” Gunn couldn’t help but thinking about a few thing’s he’d like to do with that body.

“What about you guys, seen anything you’ve liked?” Xander turned around and looked to Spike, Angel, Oz and Connor… ‘and the stupid one’ He thought as he saw Harmony nibbling Connor’s ear while checking out Angel.
‘What an airhead’.

“Well, wouldn’t mind spending some quality time with the singer chick” Angel smirked.

Spike tensed at that ‘Keep your bloody hands off of her!’ He threatened in his mind.

“Oz?”

“Well, the red-haird girl is talented. You’ve seen how she managed that drum solo right?”

“Uh Oh, Oz is in loooohhoooveee” Xander sing-songed and shortly added
“Spike?” before Oz could say something.

“Well, no, not really. They’re fine, I guess. Jus’ no’ my type.”

“Oh yeah… if none of them’s your type I really wanna know what kinda goddess could beat them, cause they are HOT” Gunn added with a high pitched voice.

“Ok, we should party with em. How about meeting a suit and party there, invite them.”

“Well, don’t think they have such things as suits here… Being in Sunnydale and all, I mean.” Spike added quickly.

“Bull.” Gunn opened the door and shouted for Giles who just came round the corner.

“Hey Gunn, you were great. What is it?”

“Is there a hotel in this town offering nice big suits?”

“Of course there is. The Hyperion. Didn’t Spike tell you? He stayed there the last time he visited me”

“Oh, fine thanx. If you wanna come, we’re having a little party.”

“No thank you, I really have to stay here and watch what the remaining fans are doing and such.”

“Ok” With that Gunn was back in the room.

“Man, Spike why didn’t you tell us. There’s a hotel called Hyperion. They have huge suits.”

“Oh, forgot” Spike muttered.

“So, who’s going to ask the ladies?”

“What? I mean, what do you see in them. Bunch of losers” Harmony snapped, stopping to penetrate Connor’s ear. You could tell he was thankful for that.

“Harmony, if you have a problem, just don’t come with.” Connor snapped and she kept still. Pouting.
‘God how I hate when she’s doing that’

“So?”

“What Gunn?” Angel looked at him, didn’t really get his question in the first place.

“Oh forget it. I’m going.”

“Going?”

Gunn rolled his eyes at Angel “Asking the girls. Hm, sometimes you sure as hell are one of the slow ones,”




All the girls were screaming inside. They were running around in their backstage room, none of them actually knowing what the hell they were doing.

“I really gotta take a shower and change my clothes” Anya blurted out, while trying desperately to smooth her hair.

“Yeah, well, I guess we’d all like to do that but… no shower!” Buffy tried to figure out how she should survive the evening.

“Well, we could drive home first, hurry and get to the Hyperion afterwards, I mean, we all know where it is, right?”
Willow tried to find the best solution.

The only girl not really excited about the whole thing was Dawn.
“I think you’re shitting yourself for nothing. Why don’t we just go with em, get drunk and go home?”

All eyes turned towards her. “oy, missy, you’re not getting drunk, got it!?”

“Whatever Buffy, just go back to the crazy room stalking and leave me alone.”

“Ok, so we agreed on going home first. But we gotta be fast. 10 minutes each OK?”

“Yeah Will, so you got the solution, now you’re allowed to tell that the Dingos.”

Suddenly Willow found herself terribly blushing, her hands shaking, her heart felt as if it just started to beat faster than usual.

“N… N… No. I… I am not.” She found it hard to find the right words or to speak, literally.

“I’m going. Can’t take you’re madness anyways.”
And with that Dawn was out the door.

Three steps later Dawn felt something move in her stomach.
‘No, Dawn, stop being nervous. He’s an ass. Why being nervous because of an ass? Right. No nervousness!’

She stood in front of the door and could hear people talking, laughing and clapping.
She put herself together and knocked.

One second later someone ripped the door open.
“HEYYYY!” An almost drunk voice sing-songed.

“Guys it’s one of the girls. Come on in young lady”

He led her in the room and Dawn felt a little uncomfortable. As soon as she saw Connor with the blond bitch on his lap she regained herself and looked them all over.

“Looks like you’re drunk already, huh?”
She smirked.

The guys all had a ‘cat that ate the canary’ look on their faces.
“Xander’s the only one who drank a lot” Gunn told her.

Connor had a hard time concentrating on what anyone had to say.
‘She’s got the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard’

“Anyways, better wait with the getting drunk till the ladies are in on it, don’t you think. Wouldn’t it be rude otherwise” She looked up into Xander’s eyes who practically thru the beer in his hand down the table.

“So, sweetheart, what brings you here” Angel approached her, a wicked grin on his face.

“Definitely not you, ‘sweetheart’” The other guys started laughing, Connor was finally able to get what they were saying and had to realize that the spunk that girl had turned him on.

“Just wanted to tell you that we have some business to do. We’re gonna join you guys a little later. Cool?”

The boys looked at each other and nodded “Cool!”

“Ok, so I’m looking forward to see you later… well some of you anyways”
She took a quick glance at Connor before she turned on her heels and left the room.

Oz noticed the expression on Connor’s face and smirked
‘oh, oh… well, they’re both brats’.


Dawn left the room and felt definitely calmer. She entered the room and was welcomed by 3 curious pairs of eyes.
She just laughed and walked back to her bass.

“DAWN! TELL US!” Willow demanded and suddenly she got the attention from all of them.

“sorry”

They started laughing and Dawn started to report them about her talk with the guys.

Suddenly they heard something moving in the next room.

“I guess, that means, we gotta get started.” Dawn said, leaving the other girls unsatisfied.


“Hurry up Dawn! Thought you just wanted to get yourself drunk, what’s with the hours in the bathroom then?”

Buffy walked to the door, prepared to leave without her younger sister.

“DAWN! I’M LEAVEING WIHOUT Y…”

“I’m here, damn it!”

Both the girls headed out of the house to the car that stood outside.

“Guys, you’re 5 minutes late. We still have to pick up Anya.”


20 minutes later the girls stood in the lobby of the Hyperion. All of them not quite sure anymore if they should join the party upstairs.
Neither of them knowing what to expect.

“Ok, Angel said we should call them so one of them can pick us up. I’m gonna head to the receptionist. Ok?”

“Sure” the other girls answered, stunned by the sight they took in.
The Lobby was huge, glamorous.
You could tell that neither of them has ever been here before by the looks in their faces.


“I can’t believe I’ve never been here before”
Willow was the only one able to speak, the others just nodded dumbly.

Dawn reached the reception, anxious about the upcoming call.

“Hello, welcome to the Hyperion, may I help you Miss?” The man asked her friendly and with a horrible posh accent.

“Yes, Sir. Could you call room no 1024 please. The guests there are expecting us.”
“Of course.” He dialled the number and handed Dawn the phone.

“Thank You”

*Beep*
*Beep*

“YEAH?” Someone almost screamed.

“Hello? Hey this is us, move your asses down here and pick us up” Dawn realised that the receptionist guy looked down on her in horror and shock.

She smiled apologetically at him.

“Who us?”

“What?”

“Who us?”

“Oh… well… DUH! The Band”

“GUYS THE CHICKS ARE HERE” Now Dawn recognized the voice as Gunn’s.

“Gunn, is it, right? Get down here… NOW”

With that she slammed the phone into the receiver, tired of talking to someone who wasn’t really listening anyways.
She just hoped he wasn’t too drunk to get down into the Lobby or tell the other guys that they’ve arrived.

Dawn prepared herself to walk towards the girls when she spotted someone familiar step out of the elevator.


Harmony went to the bathroom just before the phone rang.

‘Let it be the girls’ Connor sent a silent prayer to the powers that be.

“GUYS THE CHICKS ARE HERE”

Less than one second after Gunn announced the arrival of the Girls Connor jumped out of his seat and was out of the door.
He wanted Dawn to see him without Harmony.

He stepped out of the elevator and there she was. Standing near the reception.
She stole his breath.
Tight denims showed her perfect shaped thighs, the sea blue tank top showed a little of her belly.
His eyes wandered up her body and stopped at her beautiful breasts.
‘God, how I’d love to touch her. Lick every single part of her body, run my hands down her back…’

Connor’s trousers seemed almost painful tight.

‘Get a grip, boy. You don’t want to scare her’

The four girls approached the tall boy.

“Hey Connor” Willow greeted him.

“Hey girls, hope you’re doing good” He smiled at Dawn who turned her head to Buffy.
He felt a sharp pain in his chest at her reaction.

Leading them into the elevator he hoped that the night would turn out better than this.


Entering the room the girls felt their heart beat harder, their breathing a little faster.

They stood right in the middle of the living area.

Buffy looked around the room searching for Giles’ son.

‘Where is he?’

“Oh the ladiiieeees” Xander waved at them, obviously lots of alcohol floating around in his blood.

Gunn smiled at them, while Oz had a hard time looking at the amazing red-haired girl.

“Hey!” Dawn said, obviously annoyed.
“So where’s the free alcohol you promised us”

“Well, I like that attitude” Angel said, coming from another room and offering here a beer.
“Here you go, Sweetie.”

Connor narrowed his eyes at him.
‘As if he wouldn’t get enough girls already. SHE’S NOT EVEN HIS TYPE’


‘Maybe Spike’s in the room Angel just came out of’ Buffy thought to herself.
She tried to get closer to the doorframe leading to the other room.

Buffy got a glimpse and felt like the world just ended.


… TBC