Angel sat beside her on a couch and kept talking about the upcoming tour and how great he was for the band when all Buffy wanted was to stand up, follow Dawn and Spike and try to listen what they were talking about.

‘Nope. No such luck!’ she thought to herself when Angel’s arm found it’s way around her shoulders… Again!

“So, Anne. How did YOU like us tonight?”

Still trying to develop some kind of lip reading power Buffy was intensely watching Spike and Dawn talking on the balcony, when Angel interrupted her.

“Huh? Oh. It’s Buffy actually. Not Anne.”

“Buffy? Yeah, I know. Buffy Anne right? You really go by Buffy? I think Anne’s so much nicer.”

‘Ok, obviously you’re tryin to feel me up. HELLO, bashing my name is not the best way of getting in my pants! AND DID SPIKE JUST KISS DAWN?!?!?!’


###############

“So, uhm. Is your sister seeing someone at the moment?” Spike suddenly seemed shy. Standing there, biting his lip. Dawn suppressed the urge to laugh.

“Why? You interested.”

“No. I mean, yes. I mean, isn’t it obvious. So?”

“What?”

“Dawn!” Spike sighed, half whined. “Are you tryin to kill me?”

“Yeah, well, I haven’t had any fun tonight so I’m allowed to torture other people and NO, she’s not seeing anyone.”

The smile that lit up Spikes face was priceless and damn found herself smiling along, when he walked up to her, pulled her into a hug and pressed a kiss on her nose.

#################

‘How dare he? She’s my baby sister! I’m gonna kill that bastard!!!’

#################

Suddenly he pulled his head back.

“You haven’t had any fun tonight?”

“Naw, I was just playin with you. I am having fun right now.”

“Dawn. I just embarrassed myself and asked the little sister of the girl of my drea…”

“GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS??? Don’t you think that’s a little soon?! I mean, you don’t even know her.”

“..ms if said girl was available. AND do shut up Miss Summers. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the looks being exchanged between you and Connor!”

“Ok, first of all, how do you know my surname AND most importantly between me and WHO?” Her right eyebrow was raised so high it touched her hair and Spike had to smile.

He had seen the looks Dawn thru towards Connor the whole night.
‘Don’t you love the that green monster’

It rose even higher when Spike started to laugh. Not smirk or smile NOPE he laughed full heartedly.

“WHAT?” she stomped her foot.

“Uhm, nothing. So, what do you think of Connor?” He asked with mirth still in his eyes.

“He’s ok, I guess. Pretty full of himself but, you know, what should I care.”

Spike caught sight of Connor talking heatedly with his ‘girlfriend’.

#####################

Conner didn’t know how long he could take it anymore. He was in a bad mood when he saw Spike taking Dawn out on the balcony. And it certainly didn’t help that Harmony went on and on about how much of a slut Buffy was for throwing herself at Angel.

‘Couldn’t that girl shut up for ONE FUCKING minute’

“You know, I think Angel’s just tryin to be nice, we should save him. I know what kind of a girl that Bitsy is. She just wants to have someone famous. She’s do anything for it. I bet she…”

“You know what Harmony. I think it’s better you leave now.”

There was that horrible pout again.
“What? Why?”

“I’m tired.”

“Well, I could stay. Look out for Angel. Make sure Bitsy doesn’t get rude or something.”

“You know what. I really have to talk to you, but not is NOT a good time. Just…” he sighed. “Just go down to the reception and book a room on my name”

“Huh? And what about you?”

“I’m gonna share a room with Spike” He hoped the discussion would be over now.

“HEY! You can’t just send me to bed like some baby! What is wrong with you. Don’t you love me anymore?”

‘LOVE?!?!?!’ Conner blinked, he couldn’t believe this girl.

“Look Harm, I’m tired, and we better talk this through tomorrow. Now would you PLEASE go?!”

“You’re breaking up with me aren’t you?” Harmony whined so loud that all eyes where on the blonde couple.

“Harmony, let’s talk tomorrow.”
Harmony wanted to argue but soon realized that getting Connor mad wasn’t the best way of convincing him to stay together.
So she leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss on his lips.

“Baby, I know you’re tired. We’ll talk about it. I know you don’t mean to break up. I mean, we love each other. No problem, I understand that you need a timeout.”

With that she left him gaping at her. Her brain already focused on what to wear the next day to make him see all the things he would miss. Determined to make him see how perfect they were together.

########################

Spike noticed that Harmony left. And an evil plan formed itself in his head when he saw Connor turning from the door towards the room and strictly looking the balcony’s way. It was obvious that he liked Dawn as much as she liked him.

‘They just need someone to push them towards themselves’

Dawn’s stomping foot pulled his eyes away from Connor.

‘And they can be lucky that I volunteer for that job’ He smirked, grabbed Dawn’s face with both of her face, pulled her to him and pressed a hard kiss on her lips.

######################

‘THAT SON OF A BITCH’ both Buffy and Connor thought.

While Connor stormed onto the balcony Buffy caught her purse and addressed Angel.

“Let’s go somewhere more private!”

At that Angel’s face lit up and he pulled himself off of the couch, helping her along the way and leading her out of the room.

######################

Dawn stood still, looking at Spike with her mouth open and her eyes round as saucers while Spike still had his trademark smirk plastered on his face.

Connor was in Spike’s face faster than even Spike imagined while planning this coup.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Connor grabbed spike by the collar.
“You just broke up with your girlfriend and WHAT? She’s not gonna be your… your rebound or something!!!” His eyes were dark and he was panting. “And you’re TOO OLD ANYWAYS”

“OLD?!?!?!”

“WHAT?!” Spike and Dawn exclaimed at the same time.
Connor didn’t even notice Dawn.

“Yeah OLD. You my friend are too old for her. So what, you wanna see if you still got it? LEAVE. HER. ALONE!”

“What THE HELL is wrong with you? First of all, he’s what? 5 years older than me. I’m 18 not jail bait and more importantly WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, what I’m doing is NONE of your business!”

“SURE IT IS. I don’t even wanna talk to you. I mean, what is wrong with you?! Why would you want to date someone that old?!?”

“Uhm, I’m not old! I’m 24.”

“SEE 6 YEARS. Dawn, don’t do that, he just broke up with his girlfriend.”

“What I do and don’t do is still my decision. Why don’t you go and find your bimbo of a girlfriend.”

And with that she tried to sidestep him and walk towards the room. Connor, however, caught her arm and pulled her flash against his hard chest. Her eyes were huge and she was panting from anger. Her lips were wet and her mouth stood a little open.

‘Beautiful’ Connor thought before crashing his mouth to hers.

‘I guess that’s my queue’ Spike thought and made his way back in, still planning on confronting Connor about WHEN someone’s ~OLD~.

Stepping inside he noticed Willow and Oz talking in one corner of the main room, not even noticing that there was a world outside the two of them.
He also noticed the lack of Anya, Xan and Gunn. He’d already seen the three of them fooling around.
After listening to Anya for 5 minutes, walking in on Xan and Gunn one night after a gig and seeing that the bedroom door was locked he knew exactly what was goin on.

What made his blood boil was the absence of two totally different people. He checked the other 2 living rooms to make sure they really weren’t there and started seeing red.

TBC …