“Can I drive?” Dawn leaned over the driver’s seat as she fiddled with the radio while waiting for everyone to climb back onto the bus and reclaim their seats.

“No.” Hank said definitively. He’d heard horror stories of his eldest daughter’s driving and decided that maybe the Summers’ sisters just weren’t meant to drive.

“But…”

“No. Final answer.” Hank went back to looking for the infamous ‘windshield wiper thingy’. Stupid buttons really should be labeled. C’mon Hank, think. Joyce would have figured it out in minutes.

“Jeez, it’s not like I’m asking you if Buffy can drive the bus. I even have my driver’s license…”

“Hey! I’m not that bad of a driver!” The petite brunette squeaked as she wiggled her way down the aisle and into the nearest chair with William on her lap.

“Yes, you bloody well are pet. Do I need to remind you that you managed to destroy the Desoto in one go?” Spike took his place next to her and avoid light swats at his head while he played with his son’s stuffed vampire doll. “Why the hell is it wearing a cape? Look’s like the poofter.”

“It’s supposed to be Dracula but I have to agree it does look a bit like Angel, not that he’s a poofter or whatever you said. Anyway, Drac was more…hypnotizing, like erotic hypnotizing. There was just something about his eyes that made you want to…” Buffy’s eyes glazed as she thought about the accented dark vampire and his hypnotic eyes.

“Wrong time, wrong audience luv. Don’t wanna hear about you bloody well shaggin‘ the lesser poof.”

“I didn’t ‘shag’ him. He was just so…”

“Daddy said bloody again. Daddy, time out!” William grinned enthusiastically as he pointed at the bewildered bleach blonde. His little brown curls bouncing on his head as he squealed.

Spike frowned, “Time out? Don’t think so mate. Da’s a bit old to be doing time out there.”

“He’s right. Guess we’ll have to find another punishment for you. I’m thinking no sex for a week…that should cure your language right up.”

“You wouldn’t last a day…well, other than the near five years but…bugger it! Where do I take my time out?” He scowled but it was soon transformed into a grin as he caught part of the conspirator-y conversation between his wife and their son.

“Alright, after speaking to my cohort here, we have decided to let you off the hook this time but the next offence will be doubled in time with complete silence and as an added bonus, Angel gets to say whatever he wants to you in those ten minutes and you aren’t allowed to respond in anyway.”

William grinned at his father’s choking noise. “Uncle Angel is a poof!”

“Hey! Quit telling your kid that I’m a poof! I’m not a poof, I’m a vampire with a soul.” The ‘poof’ retorted from his chair towards the back of the RV, where he was taking in the darkening sky. I think I need more hair gel, then Buffy will come back to me, I know it! He fussed over his hair for another moment before glancing back towards the tiny brunette wrapped in the arms of the annoying pest. Should’ve staked him the first time I saw him. Then, my Buffy, would be in my arms right now or well…two feet away so we don‘t forget ourselves and Angelus isn‘t released again…I miss him.

“Found it!” Hank’s voice carried to the back of the RV as he proudly showed off the moving windshield wipers.

“Let me guess, it was the button with the little wiper symbol?” Dawn glanced disinterestedly at her father before going back to tapping along with the music.

Hank turned to her briefly before mumbling something that could have passed as ‘smart ass’ under his breath as he pulled the oversized RV back onto the highway. “We’ll stop when we hit Vegas. Does anyone have anywhere they want to stop on the way? Think hard because this is the last time I will willing get into an RV with any of you, except my grandson and would you two stop that!” He directed his last comment to the blonde and brunette men currently making out on the long couch.

“S-sorry Mr. Hank, sir, uh Mr. Buffy’s dad…Mr. Summers.” Andrew stuttered his way through.

“No need to be sorry boy but keep it PG in front of the little one…and my daughters. William, that goes for you as well.” Hank spied the former vampire’s hand dancing under Buffy’s shirt in the rearview mirror. “There will be no hanky panky on this trip.”

“Can we go on the rollercoaster at New York, New York in Vegas?” Dawn asked eagerly as she continued to bounce along to the radio.

“If you can find someone to go on it with you…”

“But I’m twenty years old for pete’s sakes. I should be able to go on it alone. I can vote!”

“That may be true but you’re still my little girl and there’s no way in hell I’m getting on that thing. Ask your sister.”

“Jeez, I could be forty and you still wouldn’t let me do anything fun.” Dawn pouted in the passenger’s seat up front while she adjusted the volume of the radio to a more annoying level. “Buffy will you…”

“No.” Her response was hurried and without a moment’s hesitation.

“Why not?”

“I don’t like heights.” Buffy handed the stuffed vampire back to William, who was coloring quietly beside her.

“But you jumped off of Glory’s…ok, I see your point now. Spike?”

“Bloo…No way in…jus’ no nibblet.” He fought to find a word that wouldn’t end with him taking jabs from the brunette vampire.

“God, you people are lame.” A loud wail resounded from the back of the RV, catching the attention of the passengers in the front.

“Where are Willow and Kennedy?” Dawn looked around frantically until she realized why the others were groaning and begging her to turn up the radio.

Let’s have some fun, this beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick
Don’t think too much, just bust that stick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick


“TURN IT THE HELL OFF DAWN!”

The radio was shut off almost instantly but the annoying lyrics continued as a certain brunette vampire danced in his seat as he sang along.

“What is he doing?”

“I think it’s supposed to be dancing, luv.”