Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you enjoy this chapter, guys. Thanks *so* much to everyone who has reviewed thus far! I'm really glad you like this fic! I hope to see more reviews *Wink wink* so please, take a moment to just leave your thoughts, I'd totally appreciate it!

Thanks SO much to Christine for beta-ing her tail and getting the final chapters back to me! Love you, sweetie! : ) **Ps.: This also means that I'll post more frequently, probably every 2 days, now that I have all the chappies with me. Another update will be Saturday or Sunday! Depends on what kind of response this chappie gets! *grins* Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended. I own only the plot.
Chapter Seven: Insecure



Dawn had hurried out to the pet shop to buy some food before it closed. He had trusted her to go out alone, equipping her with a “safe” spell of sorts, three stakes and holy water. It was rapidly approaching ten o’clock and Clem wondered idly where Spike was, before a huge grin overcame his features.



Things must be going smoothly if he hasn’t barged in yet, piss drunk like there’s no tomorrow, Clem thought cheerfully.



Then, his smile faltered as he caught a glimpse of his reflection in the broken glass of the cup that their kitty cat had so proudly destroyed. He winced as he ran a hand down the side of his demonic visage.



A beautiful girl like Dawn would never fall in love with me, he thought miserably. I’m so ugly and she’s so…so unbelievably beautiful. Words can’t describe how her appearance makes me feel. Her presence makes me feel unworthy of her and I doubt my own looks are going to cut it.



Noting that he had a full twenty minutes before she returned, he turned curiously to the book shelf that Spike had placed near the sarcophagus. Eyeing it with a mischievous smile on his face, he lumbered over and peered at the numerous books which filled the shelves fittingly. A soft smile graced his features as he pictured Spike seated on the chair, reading glasses perched on the edge of his nose as he indulged himself in…Kama Sutra?



Clem turned bright red as his eyes briefly scanned the spines, the name grabbing his attention. Preferring not to question Spike about it later, his eyes rested on one book in particular.



Basic Spells for Your Standard Dummy.



Bingo, he thought delightedly. Pulling the heavy, ancient book off the shelf, he seated himself comfortably on the sarcophagus before cracking open the book. A cloud of dust immediately erupted and he sneezed.



God, does Spike even read these books? Clem thought disapprovingly. Really, the guy needed a hobby other than cigarettes and Buffy.



He flipped to the table of contents and located the chapter which was entitled “Transforming Physical Properties”. He found the chapter and flicked the pages impatiently, finally satisfied when one page read “Demonic Properties to Human Properties”.



Tired of your demonic appearance keeping you from attracting a mate? Try these spells to become good looking without running the risk of affecting your abilities. These spells will not only enhance your physical appeal, they will also strengthen your incredibly low self-esteem! Transforming Physical Properties is a chapter that will enlighten you, in more senses than just one, and will open doors to possibilities you couldn’t even have imagined!



“Don’t you think I’m ugly? I mean really, have you ever watched one of those teen movies that just scream “Nerds don’t fit!”?” Clem asked the cat, not really expecting a response. All he received was a mewl and he sighed disdainfully.



“I mean, what’s so special about looking gorgeous, right? I mean, except for the whole, “I’m sexy, come mate with me!’ there really are no advantages to being hot.



“I totally agree. Really, appearances shouldn’t be everything right? Then again,” he shot the kitten a jealous look. “Everyone falls in love with you so you wouldn’t know.”



“What are you doing?”



Clem’s head shot up when he heard the familiar voice that penetrated his intense focus on the page’s contents and his conversation with the kitten. His eyes landed on the owner of the gorgeous voice. Dawn stood in the doorway, a bag in her hand which she dropped carelessly to the floor as she made her way over to him. He hurriedly closed the book, accidently closing it on his thumb and yelping in a surprise of pain.



Dawn was there in a flash, pulling the book from him, unconcerned about his thumb and more concerned about why he was reading a book about the magicks. Ever since Willow’s resurrection of Buffy, she had chosen to hate magic with a fierce passion. They held no place in the human world and if Willow wanted to continue with them, she should do it in the supernatural world where they belonged.



Her eyes widened when she saw what Clem had been reading, turning regretful eyes on him as she scanned the page quickly and closed it quietly.



“I’m sorry you think you’re ugly,” she said softly. Her eyes on the ground, she refused to look at him until he responded her.



“I just thought, maybe if I was nicer looking…” Clem’s voice trailed off uncertainly when Dawn raised sultry, bedroom eyes to meet his eyes. He swallowed hard at her lustful expression.



“Nicer looking?” She stepped closer, close enough to feel his warm breath on her lips. Moaning audibly, she shoved him down on the sarcophagus, her sexual frustrations about Clem finally taking their toll. She needed him now.



“I’d say you were pretty damn hot enough for me,” she whispered seductively, jumping atop him to straddle his waist. She grinned down at him when she felt a hard poke in her thighs. The heat between them was now electrified, and Dawn relished the sensation of his body beneath hers. The physical contact made her shudder inwardly, the inevitable pleasure that would ensue from their coupling was almost too much for her to handle. She found herself tumbling in a sea of possibility as she stared deeply into his eyes, her own becoming sultry and bedroom-like. She ran her hands over his rocky chest, her touch causing him to shiver with desire as he returned her expression with one of lust.



She leaned down close, so close that he could feel her breath on his lips as she said the words that did him in, that finally allowed himself to be one with Dawn Summers, the beautiful younger sister of the Slayer. Finally, Clem would see a happy ending of his own, for his existence had been lonely.



“Ready to feel feel how hot I think you are?”



*****



TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews would be well received... :D