Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks SO much to everyone who reviewed the previous chapter! Your feedback means the absolute world to me and I love you all! *hugs* I hope this chapter is received well and everyone enjoys! Additionally, please leave a review on your way! I'd love to hear your thoughts!! : )

Many thanks go to Christine for beta-ing this for me! You're the best, sweetie! Hugs and kisses!

Disclaimer: No copyright infringement intended. I own only the plot and my intentions are only to entertainment. I receive no monetary gain from posting this. Joss Whedon and ME own all characters.
Chapter Nine: Love



As they approached the crypt in Restfield, Spike and Buffy couldn’t control the bashful, shy glances they gave each other when they thought the other wasn’t looking. Both hadn’t felt happier in a long time and relished in the feel of it.



“So are you going to tell your buddies about us?” Spike’s voice cut through the silence as they reached the crypt door.



Buffy turned to him with a soft smile. “Yeah. And then I’m gonna tell them to fuck off or else my cute, vampire boyfriend is going to eat them!”



Laughing, his face turned bright pink. “I’m your boyfriend?” he asked, his voice filling with manly pride.



She rolled her eyes and looked up at the sky. “Didn’t you Gods bless this idiot with a brain?” She giggled, punching him playfully on his shoulder as he gave her a mock-insulted expression.



Opening the door to his crypt, they were shocked into utter silence when they were greeted with breathy moans and loud grunts.



The unmistakable sounds of sex.
Buffy and Spike glanced uneasily at each other before quietly closing the door and tiptoeing to the sarcophagus. What they saw made Spike’s eyes widen impossibly and Buffy scream out in surprise, her jaw wide open.



“Oh my God!”



“Holy bleedin’ hell!”



*****



Dawn glanced up at the two with an equally mortified expression, hastily climbing off the sarcophagus and pulling on her clothes in an effort to cover up her nudity, Clem following suit.



“Uh, hey guys!” she said meekly.



“D-Dawn,” Buffy stuttered, her brain going into shock.



There was heavy silence for about a split second before Spike shouted: “Why the *fuck* is a kitten in my crypt!”



It was so random and startling, no one had time to stop Spike before he lunged for the bag of fleas and went into game face, prepared to dispose of the mangy animal. The situation regarding Dawn and Clem was momentarily forgotten.



“NO!” Two equally horrified voices stopped him before he could drain the cat.



“Don’t kill Sugarlumps!” Clem’s overly protective voice caused Spike to look up at him. He considered this for a moment before dropping the cat and bursting into hysterical laughter, Buffy doing the same.



“S-sugarlumps?” He was breathless, tears streaming down his face.



Clem pouted and Dawn patted his arm affectionately, which instantly caused the laughter to subside.



“Dawn,” Buffy said with a firm expression on her face. “You’re too young! I can’t even believe I’m talking to my little sister about this. It’s completely mortifying!”



“I’m eighteen, Buffy,” Dawn reminded her gently.



Buffy threw her hands up in defeat. “Just don’t do anything while I’m in the house,” she growled. Though Buffy knew that technically, she should be more protective and aggressive, Dawn did indeed have a point. Her sister was an adult now, and what she chose to do with her personal life was no longer Buffy’s business. Although she knew Dawn appreciated her opinion and help, it was time to let Dawn life her own life. She supposed this was the first step in doing that, learning to relinquish her control of Dawn’s life and simply allow Dawn to make her own decisions, even if they were completely beyond Buffy’s understanding. Despite her friendship with Clem, Buffy couldn’t even begin to understand what Dawn saw in him otherwise. She figured some things were better left unsaid and that the greatest mysteries of life were most likely found in Sunnydale, California.



Spike, who didn’t even want to deal with the turn of events that evening simply shuffled back to his chair and plopped down, exhausted. Buffy watched this, remembering how she would leave him in his lonely misery while she went back home to “enjoy” the company of her friends after just physically abusing the most beautiful man you could ever imagine.



Before she said what she was going to say to Spike, she turned to Clem with a touched expression when it hit her. “Thank you, Clem. For what you did. It was the nicest, most awesome thing anyone has ever done for me.”



Clem blushed and toed the carpet uncomfortably when even Spike shared his sentiments.



“As long as you two lovebirds are happy,” he grinned goofily, happiness bursting in his heart as he saw his plans had truly succeeded.



Then Buffy turned to Spike with a soft expression.



“Spike, come home with us. You can sleep with me in my room,” Before she could form the words differently, they were out of her mouth with a mortified blush. “I mean, not sleep with me like but the bed is big enough…” She trailed off uncertainly and Spike looked at her with a touched expression.



“I’d like that, kitten,” he said softly, rising from his seat on the chair and heading for the door. Dawn, Clem and Buffy followed and they all headed home, in love and completely and utterly happy. Until tomorrow, when Buffy had to deal with Willow, Xander and Giles.



****



Dawn had retired to her room and Clem had gratefully taken the couch, the excursion of his *ahem* activities having worn him out. He immediately fell asleep and Buffy and Spike found themselves both awake, lying in her bed at midnight with equally loving expressions on their faces.



“Spike?” she whispered. They were spooning on the bed so she couldn’t read his expression, couldn’t gauge what he was feeling right now.



“Yeah, luv?” His voice was low and husky.
“Can I make *you* feel tonight?”



The question was so innocently said, so quiet and soft-spoken that Spike rolled away so Buffy could roll over to face him with pleading eyes.



“You don’t have to do anything, Buffy,” Spike said seriously, lying on his side and reaching out with his right hand to brush a lock of blonde hair away from her beautiful face.



She nodded and his heart dropped in disappointment. “You’re right,” she whispered, rising to straddle his waist. “But I want to.”



Slowly pulling off his shirt and pants, she admired his body with loving eyes and soft caresses. Every time they had had sex, it had been rough and brutal, all about satisfying her. She could even remember the occasional time when she had left without getting him off too and it hurt her to think that she could deny this beautiful person any pleasure. She knew that despite the fact that they (had) never made love, he had always had it memorized from their “first time” where she liked to be touched, how she like (liked) to be held, when she wanted to kissed. She had never paid attention to that, only indulging in his body, not the man within.



Well, tonight was her chance to show him just how beautiful and special he really was.



“Close your eyes, love. I’m going to make you feel so good,” she whispered, watching his Adam’s apple bob up and down as he swallowed hard and closed his eyes slowly.



She leaned down to shower light kisses along his shoulders, listening for when the moans sounded the loudest and kissed those areas the most, knowing they brought him the most pleasure. She moved down to his nipples and her tongue cherished them, swirling around to keep the sensation flowing as she whispered sweet nothings to him. That was another thing; whether he was coming or he was just pleasuring her, he was always saying the sweetest things, even through his dirty talk. He always made sure she knew he loved her and she was determined to return the favor.



With his nipple encased by her sinuous tongue, she whispered these words of love and comfort. “You’re so beautiful, I don’t know what I did to deserve you, my love,” and “I love you, sweet William” seemed to make him the happiest as she brought her soft lips down to his ribcage and stroked it with delicate hands, reveling in the sensuous, labored breathing he had now been reduced to.



She unconsciously remembered that the spot between where his shoulder ended and started was a pleasurable point and that his nipples were extremely sensitive, especially if you bit just lightly enough to soothe the pain with a loving tongue.



By the end of the sweetest lovemaking they had both ever experienced, the trust, passion and love they held for each other escalated to a point where even the highest gods couldn’t compete.


TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are more than welcome and I'd be your *bestest* friend if you did leave one!!! :D