Author's Chapter Notes:
I seem to suffer from a bad case of writers block at the moment, for the first time since I started with this story. I'm trying to start on chapter 34 but the words refuse to come. I really hope it's only temporary because right now I can't find neither motivation, nor inspiration to write anything. Anyway, I'd like to thank Mabel Marsters for betaing. Also thanks to PhotographyNut, IamGhost, guest, shelly, Amaya, TammyAsh666 and cordykitten for reviewing the last chapter.
”There’s not enough room in here for this,” Buffy mumbled softly, although she didn’t protest when Spike let his hand wander down her body to tenderly caress the inside of her thigh. Instead she just let out a soft moan.

“It is for what I have in mind,” he whispered into her ear as he starting rubbing her clit. Buffy’s arms went around his neck and she pressed herself against him. That was all the encouragement he needed to go on, so he let one finger slip inside her, followed by a second. It would have been easier using his left hand, but since it still wasn’t fully healed, the right one would just have to do.

Buffy whimpered, her fingernails digging deep into his shoulders. “Oh God...” She raised her hips to give him better access, or maybe just in an attempt to get even closer to him. He kissed her softly while his fingers never stopped pumping inside her. It wasn’t long before she came with a gasp, holding on to him tightly as she buried her face in his chest to muffle a scream.

Although he was pleased with her reaction, a part of him wished he could have made it last longer, enjoying Buffy’s pleasure almost as much as his own. “Liked that, eh?” he murmured before finally pulling his fingers out of her and into his mouth, eager to taste her, only to grimace when he realized the water had already washed away every trace of her.

Having pulled back a little, Buffy saw his reaction and pouted. “You don’t like the way I taste?”

Spike was shocked that she would think such a thing. He was tempted to go down on her and show her just how much he enjoyed the taste of her, and probably would have, had they been anywhere else. But he hadn’t exaggerated his dislike for the poncy bath oil, knowing that – while the fruity stuff surely smelled nice enough on Buffy – he didn’t fancy swallowing it down.

“Love the way you taste, sweetheart,” he assured her and hugged her close. He leaned in to nibble on her earlobe and took the opportunity to inhale the sweet scent of her wet hair. “Taste like heaven, you do, ‘s just the bloody bath oil making me dizzy.”

She giggled at that, and the sound was like music to his ears. “Poor baby. Well, since I made you put up with my girly bath oil, I guess I’ll just have to find a way to make it up to you.”

“That right?” Spike silently cursed himself for not quite being able to hide the excitement in his voice. “Let’s hear it then, pet, ‘m open for suggestions.”

“I bet you are,” she said with a smile, and Spike gasped in surprise as her hand slid down his chest, not stopping until she reached his balls, and gave them a soft squeeze. A grin spread on his face when Buffy started peppering his chest with feather light kisses. “Your turn,” she purred.

Not about to object when she put it like that, Spike merely nodded in response, instinctively closing his eyes as she started stroking his hardening erection. Just like before, he could smell how badly she wanted him, only this time he wasn’t going to let his insecurities get in the way.

Reluctantly releasing him, Buffy reached for the soap and the washcloth she kept hanging on a hook over the bathtub, pulled both objects down into the water, and started working up a large amount of lather. Thinking for a moment, she then dropped the washcloth and instead let her soapy hands first run over Spike’s chest and then his back, tenderly washing away every last trace of dried blood on his skin.

With his eyes still closed, Spike lifted her up and onto his lap without hesitating, and easily slid into her. Leaning back against the edge of the bathtub, he felt how Buffy put her hands on his shoulders to support herself as he started thrusting inside her.

“Love you,” he gasped. Buffy pressed her body against his as she mimicked his movements, and he could feel her heart beating in her chest. Her hand came up to play softly with his hair for a moment, before gently pulling his head down towards her neck. Immediately realizing what she wanted, he slipped into his demon face, brushed his lips briefly against her exposed throat, and let his teeth sink into her.

“Oh God!” she cried out, clinging to him almost desperately, and Spike could feel her ragged breaths against his cheek as he drank from her, slowly, wanting to savour the moment. She was trembling in his arms, which only made him thrust faster, although his lips never broke contact with her neck.

Buffy almost sobbed when she felt Spike’s body jerk underneath her and pulled him even closer, her fingers entangled in his hair. He was breathing in synchronization with her, most likely without realizing it. As she came for the second time, with his teeth still buried in her neck, the only sound that escaped her was a soft whimper of satisfaction.

Barely aware of Spike pulling out his fangs and saving a single drop of blood from trickling down her neck with his tongue, she collapsed against him with a contended sigh. For a moment they just lay there, panting, arms wrapped tightly around each other.

Finally Buffy reluctantly pulled back, shivering a little as she climbed off his lap and felt his now soft cock slide out of her. “Cold,” she mumbled in explanation, sounding apologetic.

“Is it?” Spike let out a soft chuckle. “Didn’t notice.”

“You wouldn’t.” Buffy smiled and started climbing out of the bathtub, reaching for a large towel. “How about we make ourselves a bit more comfortable?”

Spike leaned back against the tub with his arms folded behind his head, a teasing note in his voice. “Dunno, luv. Pretty comfortable right here. Course, if you’re suggesting we move over to the bed...”

“Maybe.” She just couldn’t stop smiling. It was strange; she couldn’t remember the last time she had felt so completely relaxed. However, as much as she wished she and Spike could just stay here in this nice, safe little bubble forever, she knew it was just a matter of time before the world would come crashing back down again.

The thought made her snap out of it and she forced back a sigh. “Look, I’ll just get dressed, and then I’ll go downstairs and get the clothes Angel left for you. Will you be okay here by yourself?”

“Sure.” Reluctantly accepting that their special moment was over for now, Spike let out a snort. “I’ll try not to drown in the tub while you’re gone.”

“Vampires can’t drown,” Buffy stated with a hint of amusement in her voice as she hurriedly slipped into her sweat pants. She pulled a face as she picked up her torn tank top, regarded it sadly for a moment before she shrugged and let it drop back down. Then she spotted Spike’s soaked jeans on the floor. “Want me to put your pants in the washer?”

“Don’t bother. They’re ruined anyway.” Spike tilted his head back as far as he could, wrinkling his nose in distaste as he tried to rinse his hair in the water.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Fine. You’ve made your point. The bath oil goes. Happy?”

He smirked. “Very.”

When she returned with his clothes, Spike finally stepped out of the bathtub and dried himself off with the towel Buffy had left within his reach. Before she left, she had emptied the tub and handed him the shower head and a bottle of shampoo, and he had spent the last five minutes trying to wash the dried cakes of blood out of his hair.

The slayer blood was really working wonders in his system. Spike was pleased to find that he was able to leave the bathroom and walk back to the bed by himself, although Buffy insisted on giving him directions so he wouldn’t bump into something, which was probably for the best. The condition of his eyes had not changed, but he decided not to dwell on it.

Suddenly Buffy’s cellphone rang, and he heard her let out a deep sigh. “What?”

“Angel,” she muttered in explanation and flicked the phone open. “Yeah? Hi, Angel. Sure, everything’s fine.” She listened for a moment. “I don’t know, I’m kind of in the middle of... Excuse me? I see. And you want me to do... what, exactly?”

Spike listened to Buffy’s part of the conversation as she kept talking for almost a minute before hanging up with a huff. He raised a brow as she threw the phone away from her with a frustrated groan. “Problem?”

“Isn’t there always?” Buffy slumped down on the couch. “Angel claims he needs me at the office. Apparently the meeting’s not going well, so he got the brilliant idea that having the Slayer in the room might keep the Gracca demons from getting out of control and tearing the place up.” She snorted. “Can you believe it? He wants me to just sit there and glare at them, like I’m some kind of scarecrow!”

As Spike snickered, Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a sour look. “It’s not funny.” He just shrugged and tried to stay serious, clearly not agreeing with her.

“You’re leaving, then?” he asked after a moment, trying to sound nonchalant.

She bit her lip before standing up again and made her way over to him. “I guess. Just for a little while, though. I’ll be back as soon as I can. Will you-”

“I’ll be fine,” he interrupted her, a firm note in his voice. “Need to get some rest, anyway.”

“Okay.” Buffy leaned in and gave him a soft peck on the lips. “I love you.”

“Love you, too, pet.” He reached out to stroke her cheek.

Buffy squeezed his hand before reluctantly heading for the door. “I’ll hurry back,” she promised. Then she opened the door, and walked straight into Rowan who had just raised his fist to knock. Her eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here?”


TBC