Author's Chapter Notes:
Been awhile coming but I finally managed to finish off the chapter. Still in vacation mode and it's a bit hard to go from Hawaii to back to work mode. Sorry for the delay.
“What ‘bout this one bit?” Spike held out the tiny shimmering object out in front of him as the lanky teen peered over his shoulder.

“Not big enough…or sparkly. What about that one?” Dawn pointed at a six-carat princess cut diamond further down the row, missing the jeweler’s grin as she motioned towards one of the more expensive pieces in the store.

“Bloody hell Dawn! Don’t ‘ave that much money for that bitty rock ‘sides wouldn’t the slayer like something she can wear on patrol?” He blinked at the entrancing rock the grinning salesman displayed proudly in front of him. It was pretty…and shiny. The slayer would love it but…Bugger it! He shook his head in disbelief as he saw the price tag attached to the rock and moved back to the smaller rings.

“B-but Buffy would want a big shiny one…she’s girly like that and…” The lanky brunette protested as the black clad vampire led her back to the more inexpensive engagement rings.

“This is it nibblet,” He pointed to a smaller ring, still keeping with the simple design but still elegant, and nodded his head towards the now-frowning salesman. “Tha’s it. What do you think?”

Dawn squinted at the smaller rock and carefully searched for the right words that wouldn’t set the vampire in a fury again. “Buffy’ll love it and as a plus there isn’t a skull on it.”

“Do you have the ring size, sir?” The salesman, Gregg, looked over the peroxide punk as he perused the various diamond rings and finally settled on a smaller half carat with surrounding emeralds.

“Nibblet, did you bring the ring?” Spike looked anxiously over towards the girl who was fumbling around her pockets for the tiny gold ring, which she finally found and slapped down in front of the frowning salesman. “Want that one, in that size ‘n if I could have it ready ‘n a couple of ‘ours that would be great.” He bounced lightly on his feet and smiled at an older couple that had just entered the small store in the mall.

“Yes, right sir, Mr…”

“Pratt, William Pratt.”

Back at the Summers residence

“You have got to be kidding me Buffy! You were on that show with the… and the…but the…and the hot, Buffy?” Xander’s face turned a bright pink as he comprehended the fact that he’d had a crush on his longtime friend before he had ever met her. Too many nights had been spent fantasizing on the then-brunette and really that did answer the question of why her hair kept changing shades of blonde every couple of weeks.

“So what was it like being famous?” Willow had taken Spike’s abandoned post, looking anxiously at the bewildered slayer.

“It was…it was normal, for me at least. Went to the set and then came home. Guys, it really wasn’t that big of a deal and please tell me this isn’t going to affect our friendship, I mean I told Riley…” She shrugged as she realized that her feelings for the over-grown soldier had dissipated since right around the time she had died, well more specifically when she had started having sex with Spike. Spike sex, Sex with Spike. Mmm orgasms by Spike… Bad Buffy! The slayer blinked as she tried to comprehend the redhead’s words.

“…but how could you tell Riley about it and not us…we were your friends first!” Willow pouted.

“What? You guys totally knew I was the slayer before Riley…it’s not like that was a big secret, actually I’m surprised everyone in Sunnydale doesn’t know by now.”

“But you were like…I can’t believe you were…You gave me my first boner!” Xander’s already red face turned a couple shades redder with his statement as he took in the bemused expressions of his friends.

“T.M.I Xander, T.M.I, way too much information for those that will now and forever be mentally scarred.”

“’Least you didn’t have to witness gropage of the undead…” Xander countered.

“Well I didn’t exactly know that at the time I was… that you were...doing that. This is one of those ‘we never talk about it again moments’, right?” Buffy’s statement was cut off by the sharp chime of the doorbell. Quickly peeking around the drawn window shades she came face to face with a sharp featured brunette woman dressed to the nine’s in the latest couture.

Leaning against the open door Buffy watched the woman with a leery expression as she surveyed the camera crews dotting her front lawn, including one setting up right under her…Spike’s tree.

“Rosemont, Emily Rosemont and you must by Buffy. It’s a pleasure to meet you, oh and this is Marcus.” Emily pushed her way past the slayer and into the home, diffusing any thought that she was a vampire, dragging the blubbering Marcus behind her.

“Uh, it’s nice to meet you too. Please, um, make yourselves at home. I guess I should…these are my friends Willow and Xander…” Buffy stammered out.

“Not important. Now where is this fiancé of yours that Luther was just raving about. Said he was quite the looker and had a to-die-for accent. I’m sure that will rate well with the viewers.” She settled herself down on the blonde’s chair before lounging against the worn fabric.

“Spike, um William that is, is picking up some things but he should be back, um, by nightfall?” Buffy turned towards her friends and quirked an eyebrow at them, hoping to catch their attention.

“Oh that’s right. William had to pick up some things cause his lease just ran out and um, he and Buffy are living together you know before the big white wedding but not in a church cause Sp-William hates churches…I mean he doesn’t hate churches it’s just that…help?” Willow sputtered her nonsensical reply.

“What Willow is trying to say is that neither of us are very religious so probably just a backyard wedding…at night. William’s not a big ‘day’ person, he’s, uh, allergic to sunlight. Major rash…like a lobster only with boils and pus and other nasty stuff.” Buffy groaned internally at her own attempt to burn through the ever-present silence and condescending gaze from Ms. Rosemont, this was worse than the social worker.

“Honey, I’m home.” Spike and Dawn stood just inside the kitchen door, the smoking blanket tossed aside as he strolled over to his ‘fiancé’ ignoring the slack-jawed gaze of their newest guests.

Emily leaned over towards her oblivious counterpart and whispered, “Luther was right the girls and guys would want to have at him and those that don’t want him will want our little star there. It’s a match made in Hollywood heaven.”