Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes there is a reference to Being Human- yes it is an awesome show. No there is nothing off-limits that I won't use.
Buffy groaned as she walked back into the house that night. She had spent a good portion of her day filming her intro to the TV series and had answered more than enough questions about her past, present and future than the fifty thousand was worth. As she flopped onto the couch she noticed Spike watching her from the stairs and patted the seat cushion beside her in an invitation to the peroxide vampire. She stifled a chuckle as he ran his hands through his sleep-tousled locks and wiped furiously at his eyes as he attempted to wake completely before his part of the interview later that night.

“How did it go with the wicked bitch of the west?” His arm snuck around her shoulders as he took the offered seat. ‘m snugglin’ with the bloody slayer…wha’s worse is ‘m enjoyin’ it. He shook his head but tugged her closer until she was molded into his side. His free hand playing with the ring on her left hand.

“Fine, I think. I mean I didn’t say anything about slaying vampires in my free time or the fact that I’ve been, you know-ing, with one…”

“You’ve been you knowing with me? First time I’ve heard that one pet. Normally it’s screwing, fucking, horizontal bop…you knowing, that’s a new one.” He ducked the slap directed at his head as he chuckled at the bright pink flush that had spread over her cheeks.

“You know what I mean- we’ve been having…doing…” She drew in a sharp breath, “We’ve been making love.” She gave him a look that dared him to catch her phrasing and was almost disappointed when he didn’t say or do anything besides move his hand into her hair, stroking the long locks. “Anyway that’s not the point. I just told her that I’m a normal college student, well I will be again when I get my finances in order. Hopefully she’ll find me too boring to finish this whole charade. Are you ready for tonight?”

He nodded. His electric blue eyes bore into hers as he traced random shapes into her palm. “Think I know the story well enough by now. We met in high school, well you were in high school and I’d already graduated, ‘n then got engaged two years ago after you‘d graduated ‘n started your firs‘ year at university. You did tell them that you’re goin’ back, right?”

“Yeah, I told them that after mom died I took some time off to regroup…” Her next words were cut off by the cuddlesome vampire.

“So we’re planning on staying in Sunny hell ‘n raising a pack of brats. End of story. Well ‘m not sure how we‘ll be managing that one but…” Their eyes locked for a moment before a loud thud brought them back to the present as they spotted Dawn running full speed down the stairs.

“The dragon’s here with like a million cameras! I repeat the dragon has been spotted!” The brunette tornado didn’t spare them a second glance before she rushed off, yelling into a cell phone presumably to the Scooby’s on the other end. The thudding dulled before Buffy leapt to attention.

“Dragon?” He raised a scarred eyebrow as he watched the teen spitfire slide around the corner and dash off into the kitchen.

“Beats me. Maybe the interview lady?” Buffy peaked out the blinds and came face-to-face with a camera aimed at the window. “Damn it! Go get changed. I laid out some clothes on the bed for you.” She shoved him off the couch and directed him towards the stairs as she went to answer the door.

20 minutes later

Spike walked like a man on his way to the hangman’s noose as he trudged his way to the living room and the waiting camera crews. Without fail, standing next to Buffy was the dragon. Her brunette hair perfectly coiffed as usual and glinting eyes glaring down at his blue jean clad form. He fidgeted under her gaze, adjusting the black polo shirt Buffy had left for him.

He shifted nervously in front of the crowd of disinterested camera men before being ushered into a chair while Emily sat opposite him.

“We’ll start with the basics about you first. Where you’re from, how old and then move into how you met Buffy and what you know about her past and how you’ll support her career after you’re married.” Emily kept going on at a mile a minute but Spike couldn’t hear a thing and kept his eyes focused on Buffy standing in the doorway. Her soft smile of encouragement as the cameras began rolling.

“I’m here with Buffy Summers fiancé,” Emily paused and smiled brightly at the camera, “William Pratt, age 27 from Worchester, England. Would you care to tell us how you met Ms. Summers?”

“Uh right, me ’n Buffy go back…way back. We, uh, met in high school, well she was in high school and I was…not but she was a little spitfire, caught my eye dancing down at the Bronze.” Spike stuttered his way through, mentally cursing himself for it.

“The Bronze?” Emily raised a perfectly manicured brow in his direction, careful to keep smiling for the cameras that surrounded them.

“Local club. She was dancing with her mates ‘n I was enthralled from tha’ moment on. Never could get her out of my soddin’ mind after that. Every thought was consumed by the slayer…” Spike cringed as he noted the gleeful expression on the brunette and the frown on the petite blonde in the doorway.

“Slayer?” Emily practically glowed under the watchful eye of the cameras, noting Marcus had a perfect view of her ample chest.

“Uh…we were in a band together. Bird’s hell on the skins.” She was going to kill him, dust his worthless hide judging by the deadly glare coming from the petite slayer. Plain and simple, he was going to be dust before night’s end…might as well make the most of his last minutes.

“Real rocket that one. Never could quite decide if I wanted to shag or kill the bint but guess she grew on me. Now her mum…that was the one to look after. She could handle an ax, damn well she could. Cuffed me on the side of the bloody head when she caught me with the slayer. But back to the slayer…”

“CUT!” Marcus’ voice rang out from the sidelines as he motioned for Emily.

“What the hell was that Spike? I thought I told you to make us sound normal, not some circus freak show!” Buffy dragged him off into the kitchen where he was met with the entire Scooby gang.

“Told you the dragon was here…she’s a complete bitch, isn’t she?” Dawn grinned for a moment before being lightly whapped in the back of the head by her sister.

“Language Dawnie but seriously that woman is a complete bitch. The last thing we need is for this woman to get the great idea to make a show of a vampire, key and a vampire slayer living in the same house.”

Xander grinned, “Only thing worse than that would be a vampire, ghost and a werewolf.”