Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update ....here's part two for you...and please read the author note at the bottom!
Chapter 8: Blood on the Moon Part II

When Buffy finally arrived at the hotel that Faith was staying at, she rang the little the bell repeatedly for the manager. When she was given a key, she took the stairs two at a time to get to her little sister. She opened the door to find the room engulfed in darkness. “Faith….” She called out quietly.

“He’s not here.” She whispered back from her spot huddled in the corner.

Buffy rushed to her, pulling her in her arms and running her hand through her chocolate locks. “It’s okay…we’re going to get you out of here okay.” She helped her off the floor, and assisted her in a packing a duffel bag.

They were walking through the parking lot while Faith was trying to explain what happened. “He's been really crazy, you know? We've been driving for 2 weeks straight. I mean, not even straight, in these zigzags, back and forth. Then today he says he wants a jelly doughnut. And he says to the kid, "Jelly doughnut, with cream." And the kid looked confused. And I said, "Gabe, jelly's not a cream." And then the kid laughed and I laughed and then he punched me. He punched me real hard. The bastard! Blood on the moon!” She blinding grabbed at her chest, and felt nothing.

Buffy sighed. “I know.” She tried to lead her to the car she rented.

“Blood on the moon!” Faith started freaking.

Buffy grabbed her arm. “I know. Get in the car.”

Faith shook her head. “Where’s my Tiger’s eye? It brings me luck. I left it. I got to get my Tiger’s eye.” She left for the other car in the parking lot; Gabriel’s black thunderbird.

Buffy was rummaging through her sister’s duffel bag. “It’s probably in the bag, Faithy…come on.”

Faith opened the passenger side door, and climbed in the grab the necklace hanging from the rearview mirror. What she didn’t count on was a very drunk Gabriel grabbing her and pulling her into the back seat with him. When Buffy walked around the car to get Faith, she saw Gabe holding her leg and head close to him.

“You drive.” He demanded.

* * * * *

Buffy kept glancing in the back seat where Gabriel was still holding Faith close to him. She wasn’t paying attention to what Gabe was saying but Faith caught her eyes in the rearview mirror.

The Belladonna is in my bag. Faith’s lips didn’t move but Buffy heard them loud and clear. She nodded her head, and reached into the bag on seat beside her.

Gabriel continued to rant in a drunken slur. “Have you ever read any books by Leighton Basse? Okay, Leighton Basse was a foreigner and liked all things dark like me. He would write about men who would brand their women so that, she knew that she belonged to him…and no other man could have her. Come here…” he pulled Faith closer by her leg, and started to heat his silver ring with his Zippo.

Buffy glanced back. “What…what are you doing? Stop that!” she swerved on the road.

“Watch the road!” he yelled.

Buffy had enough. “Shut up! Branding women? Leighton Basse, who by the way isnot a foreigner, he’s from Minnesota, you asshole!”

Gab shouted again. “Watch the road!”

Tears we’re making their way to her eyes, and her voice was starting to fail on her. “You’re freaking me out, Dracula freak!” she reached back and grabbed the bottle of vodka that he always drinks. “Give me the bottle, before I plow you into a truck just to get you to shut up!” she took a chug of it before taking some calming breaths.

Once she had relaxed a bit she put the bottle between her legs, and emptied some of the contents of the Belladonna into it.

Gabe smirked, as Buffy handed him back the bottle. He took a big chug. “You know girls…I’m feeling very into sisters right now.” He leered at Buffy through the mirror, and she had to suppress the urge to vomit.

* * * * *

It had been forty five minutes and Buffy pulled onto a gravel path, after Gab claimed he needed to piss. They would have just left him there…but he brought the keys with him. And he was singing. “You are always on my miiiiiiiiiind!”

Faith sat in the back looking at him with a frown. “He should have passed out by now…you didn’t give him enough.”

Buffy looked forward through the windshield. “I gave him plenty.”

Faith started crying. “What are we going to do? What is he going to do?”

Buffy ran a hand through her blonde hair. “Just stay calm, okay.”

The sisters shut up when Gabriel came back into the car. He was still singing. “If I made you feel second best…” he was so drunk, Faith just looked at him, and held his face in her hands. “I’m so sorry, I was blind.”

“Gabe, please, baby…” she reasoned.

“You are always on my mind.” His voice was whispering to her.

“Come on, baby, I love you.”

Gabe finally stopped singing. “I’m sorry, my love…I want to be with you forever.”

“I love you…” her plea was cut off when he wrapped his hands around her neck and started squeezing.

Buffy’s eyes widened, before she leaped into the back seat and started pulling him off her sister, and punching him in the back. Finally Gabe collapsed on top of Faith.

“Buff! Buffy…he’s out. He’s passed out.” When Buffy pulled him up, the dark haired woman got a good look at him; his eyes were open and mouth ajar. “Oh shit!” She tried giving him mouth to mouth, but he was dead. “How much did you give him?”

They had propped him up in a sitting position and the two women were standing outside the car. “I don’t know Faith I wasn’t using a measuring cup. He was trying to kill you!”

Faith was walking around her face looking up at the skies. “Please God if you get us out of this I’ll be good, I’ll have babies…”

Buffy glared at her sister. “I have babies Faith, I have normal, and I worked really hard to get that normal…” The tears wouldn’t stop now. “And now I’m never going to have that normal again!” this was such a mess, and she had no idea how they were going to fix this.

Faith gave her a tight hug. “I know, I’m sorry…it’s all my fault Buffy. I didn’t mean to ruin your life; I just had no one to turn to.” Buffy had never seen Faith this torn up before.

Buffy sighed, and walked around the front of the car. “Get in the car.” It took Faith a second to respond. “Get in the car!” Once they were both in, Buffy placed her hands on the steering wheel, and Faith reached into Gabe’s pocket for his pack of cigarettes and lighter. “We have to go to the police, it was self defense.”

Faith laughed to herself as she lit a smoke. “The old slowly-poison-him-to-death self defense? Come on B…they’re never going to believe us.”

Buffy glanced sideways at Faith. “You really should stop smoking so much.” Buffy never liked that her younger sister smoked, but at the moment she was so stressed out she could probably use one too.

“Why? I’ll probably get life. I should smoke two at once, it’ll shorten my sentence.”

Buffy rested her elbow on the side of the car door, and rested her head on her fist. “I really don’t want to lose my children.”

Faith ran a hand over her face. “I don’t want you to either.” Then she started chewing on her thumbnail, and Buffy knew her sister was thinking of something.

“What are you thinking?”

Faith turned her body to her. “When Angel died, you asked the Aunt’s to bring him back.” Her eyes shone with hope.

Buffy shook her head. “Yeah, but they wouldn’t.”

Faith titled her head. “Wouldn’t? Not couldn’t.”

The blonde sighed. “No they were right. He’d come back as something dark and unnatural.”

Faith looked at her with impatience. She flailed an arm back at the dead man in the car. “Gabriel already is dark and unnatural! I don’t care what he comes back as, as long as he comes back with a pulse!”

Buffy looked outraged. “No, that is not an option, Faith. That is not a choice.” She stated hoping to put an end to that idea.

“We don’t have a choice, B! This is our choice!”

* * * * *

They finally made it back to the Aunt’s place, and it was still night out. It had started rain at some point, making the grass wet and the dirt muddy and mucky.

“You…owe me….big time!” Buffy grunted, as her and Faith dragged the dead body across the grass of the front lawn.



A/N: wow thanks for the reviews! I like that people like this story so much. I know that Spike hasn’t really been in this story much but, I’m going to squeeze him in more now. And for those of you wondering in the movie, they kill Jimmy like this too. Also….Leighton Basse is NOT a real writer I made him up for the sake of the story. I was also excited to give Faith a different attitude than normal…I wanted her to be vulnerable because for the most part she is always in control. Please leave a review…let me know what you think!