Chapter 11 How Do You Spell Resignation? S.A.C.K

Buffy crept out of bed leaving Spike fast asleep. She went and had a shower and with her hair wrapped in a towel turban and wearing her towelling bathrobe she went into the spare bedroom. This room she used as her ‘office’ – and was where she kept her computer. She logged on and emailed Willow – who replied straight away

“Great, you’re still up!” Buffy said

“It’s only just gone midnight, you know me!” Willow replied

“I’ll ring you now, on your cell” Buffy typed and picked up her phone and pressed for Willow’s number.

“Hi – so how was dinner?”

“Dinner was…great, and after…but – oh Willow!” Buffy started to cry

“What – what’s he done – the bastard – Buffy are you okay, what did he do…he, he didn’t you know, he didn’t force himself - you know, rape you did he – coz I’ll kill him!” Willow had bounded off her bed ready to get dressed.

“NO! No nothing like that – Spike wouldn’t do that, he’s not like that!”

“So what’s up?” Willow sounded relieved

“Ang...Angel somehow he got in…he saw us – he was watching us – he stood in the bedroom doorway”

“HE WHAT – Oh my god – how on earth did he get in?”

“I don’t know…I’ve never given him a key”

“Hold on, let me…………” Buffy could hear Willow moving and rummaging about and then she said

“The bastard – he’s taken mine, it’s not here in my bag! He must have taken it while I was filming and he was in the rehearsal room – I couldn’t understand why my bag was open – I always close it – the rotten evil – just you wait until Monday, I’ll kill him. I’m sorry Buffy, I didn’t think for one minute that-!”

“It’s okay Will, don’t blame yourself, you weren’t to know what he’d do” Buffy said, she had unfurled her hair from the turban and began to comb her damp hair

“What are you going to do?”

“About what?”

“Angel of course, are you going to tell the police?”

“I – I don’t know…oh god it’s SO embarrassing! – Do you think I should?”

“Well…it is awkward, I know that much, having to work with him still”

“I know”

“And another thing, you’ve got some pretty heavy scenes coming up with him as the Swine Fever storyline starts this week” Willow said

“Ew – oh gods I can’t stand him near me – I’ll have to talk to Tara and tell her no scenes with him holding me or anything, no hugging or porch scenes and that - ewww makes my skin crawl”

“So where’s Spike now – gone home?” Willow asked

“No.!”

“For shame!” Willow giggled

“Oh Willow, it was fantastic, he was so gentle and it was just…just wonderful till that bastard went and spoiled things!”

“I hope you practiced safe sex!”

“Well…I’m on the mini pill to regulate my monthlies as you know – and Spike was never promiscuous – all those stories in the papers bout him were just that, stories. He only ever smoked a bit of weed, didn’t like it he said it gave him a headache – and he’s scared of needles so he never did heroin, and he saw what coke did to the other band members. People have him all wrong”

“Well…okay. So are you two doing anything special tomorrow?”

“Hope so. I was thinking of driving out to Marlin Bay, see what he says – oh I think he’s getting up – better go, chat tomorrow, night Will”

Buffy heard Spike go to the bathroom. She met him in the hall on the way back

“Hey…do you want me to go babe?”

“No – you’re more than welcome to stay”

“Was that Will you were talking to?” Spike asked as he went back to Buffy’s bedroom

“Yeah”

“How’s the migraine?”

“Migraine? – Oh the migraine…must have got better she didn’t say and um I kinda forgot to ask!”

Spike smiled and lay down, holding out the covers. Slipping off her towelling robe Buffy slipped in beside him.

“Spike”

“Yes love?”

“Have you got anything planned for tomorrow?” he smiled and turned his face towards her

“Only to try and think of a way to get you to spend the day with me” Buffy blushed and said

“How about we spend the day at the ocean – we could drive out to Marlin Bay – there’s a fantastic little fish restaurant there…”

“Sounds delightful, only thing is…”

“What?”

“Well have to go to the studios to get your car”

“Oh yeah I forgot”

“My bike’s there too, but I’ll leave it there, I can go home in it from work Monday night”

“Spike…do you think we should tell the police about Angel?”

“S’up to you pet…personally I’d rather punch the bastard. Any idea’s as to how he got in?”

“Yeah…Willow keeps a spare key, it’s missing out of her bag”

“Listen pet, he’s got the message now, he’ll be gone in a few weeks, we won’t even have to work with him!”

“Can’t wait – I’m going to have a word with Tara – I can’t work closely with him, he creeps me out”

“Well that’s something for you to do love…I must admit I don’t want any scenes with him either, on or off set”

ooOOoo

Next Morning at the Studios, Spike and Buffy got there early. They walked into the rehearsal room where Tara was sitting with Warren, and Cassie. Buffy put her head around the door and said

“Tara, can I have a word with you please, it’s very important”

“Sure – by the way great show we LOVED it!”

“Thanks…we had a good time doing it!”

Tara came and stood with Buffy outside in the corridor

“It’s about Angel”

“Oh?”

“He um…he seems to think that we have or had a real relationship and is taking this, him leaving and me being more with Spike very badly…”

“Really?” Tara said quite shocked

“He’s getting stalker-ish, keeps turning up at my house, playing up because Spike’s been there, making all kinds of threats”

“Oh my goodness!”

“Well the thing is…I know he’s leaving soon, but I was just asking you NOT to put us into any lovely-dovey scenes, not hugging, no late night porch scenes – anything where he’s got to touch me”

“Oh. Oh I see. Um, well I’m glad you told me – Warren and I were just discussing how Angel was going to tell you about the swine fever in his pigs. Hmm…we’ll have to think again – we were going to do that as a porch scene, just quiet him with his arms around you”

“God no – I can’t, I WON’T do it, I’m sorry. Look, can’t we have somebody like Officer Jones ask me why the vet was at Hogg’s farm again, something like that, then I can ask Angel later when he’s in the diner?”

“Hmm – it means big scene changes…we’d got time booked with the pigs and the farm” Tara said

“Well you can still do that, just nothing with me in them”………Buffy said

oOo

“You are joking, - so how did he get in?” Warren asked

“We think he took the key out of Willow’s bag while she was filming and he was in here – she found her bag open, she reckons she always shuts it, probably got disturbed or something”

“I see, so Buffy wants-“

“Absolutely nothing to do with him, no touching no cuddly porch scenes”

“Hmm, could be awkward…but I’m sure we’ll get around it” Warren said. Buffy and Tara came back into the rehearsal room, and Tara said

“Warren, we need to do some emergency script re-writes”

“So spike was telling me here”

Buffy went big eyed and Spike caught her wrist and said, don’t worry, I didn’t tell him what Angel saw, just that he got in using Willow’s key and how he’s stalking you. Warren said you should tell the police. Spike said. He could see Buffy looked pained about it, she just wanted to forget the whole thing.

“I – I don’t know Spike – like you said he’ll be gone soon!”

“It’s okay pet, I’m not going to force you, it’s entirely up to you”

“Hey!” Willow came in and immediately hugged Buffy, then Spike. Xandy came in and smiled at everyone saying hello.

“Hey Xand-man…got you a present!” Spike said

“Present? – But it’s not my birthday!”

“Yeah we know, but did you see us on the Wavecrest show?”

“Yes – it was funny when you did the hands thing, mom laughed too!” Everybody smiled

“Well, while we were there, we bought you these” Spike dipped into the carrier bag and took out two bags. Excitedly Xander tipped out his ‘I heart NY’ tee shirt, and the baseball cap from the other bag.

Beaming he held the tee-shirt up and he put on the baseball cap

“Hey, looks great, wish I’d got one of those Xand” Said Ford, who’d just walked into the rehearsal room

“Here you go my friend, there’s one for each of you…medium for you…large for Warren, Spike began handing the tee shirts out.

“Hey watch it!” Warren said good-naturedly

Willow took hers and then Angel walked in and everybody went quiet.

“Look what Spike and Buffy bought me Angel!” Xandy said still grinning.

Angel didn’t say anything, and Xandy dropped his arms and frowned, nobody said anything

“So how is everybody this morning?” Angel asked trying to make light the atmosphere

“I believe you’ve got something of mine!” Willow said holding out her hand

“Me? – What – don’t know what you’re talking about!” Angel said smiling, but he’d gone red.

“Oh yes you do, you lying little toad, now give me my key back!” Willow said angrily.

“Oh – you mean this is yours – I found it on the floor Friday night, I wondered who it belonged to!” Angel passed Willow the key to Buffy’s house from his pocket

“And don’t think it’ll work again, I’ve had the locks changed!” Buffy said

ooOOoo

Warren called Angel into the rehearsal room on his own to tell him of the script changes.

The atmosphere was terrible, and when Angel learned of them he protested,

“Look, all I’m saying is it’s the VIEWERS who’ll think it strange that I’m not holding her on the porch – personally I don’t give a damn, but it seems odd that after a 7 year relationship –“

“Look Angel…Buffy won’t stand it” Warren said simply

“What do you mean?” Angel asked smiling

“She asked for a script change – she doesn’t want you near her. With the way you’ve been behaving, quiet frankly I don’t blame her!” Warren added

“The way – “ Angel went red and got angry – this was all Spike’s fault putting it about what he’d done – only out of sheer desperation and love for the woman!

Angel stood up abruptly, the chair he had been sitting on clattered over he was angry and very red and spit flew from his mouth

“And did they tell you how I caught them, eh – did they? Did they tell you how she’d got her legs in the air and he was plowing into her huh – did they tell you how they were hollering and screaming like a couple of wild animals – the dirty little bitch whore deserves EVERYTHING she catches off him!”

Warren sat there with his mouth wide open Spike had heard everything from the set and flew into the rehearsal room and punched Angel in the face

Angel sprawled out across the tables shouting obscenities and goading Spike to hit him again, which
Spike happily obliged, until Warren hauled him off.

“Don’t be stupid man – don’t do this!”

“Fucking kill you next time!” Spike said giving Angel one last kick.

Buffy was crying, Tara and Willow tried to comfort her, but she pushed them away and stood in the rehearsal room looking at Angel on the floor

“What the fuck do you mean, ‘caught us?’ – Huh? I was in my OWN bed, in my OWN house, and YOU broke in, sorry not broke in, actually STOLE a key to get into my house! You’re nothing but a sick, evil pervert and everybody was right, I SHOULD have gone to the police about you, hell I wished they’d caught you the first time when you were knocking on my back door – ‘let me in Buffy, you can’t do this to me Buffy’ fucking pathetic –that’s what you are a pathetic, sick PERVERT!”

“Buffy – I know this isn’t you talking…look lets just sit down and-“ Angel stood stiffly, righting the chair and sitting down, holding out his hand to her. Buffy looked at his hand like it was covered in muck and said,

“Can’t you get it into your thick skull I HATE you? I can’t stand the sight of you, you and your creepy smile and your creepy hands, and your stinky breath, you make my skin crawl and I can’t stand to be in the same room as you!”

Security came and knocked on the door

“Do you need us?”

“Escort Mr Angelson off the premises for today would you please” Tara said

“What – no! Don’t be stupid, none of this is my fault – hey it’s me that’s been beaten up here! – It should be him you’re taking, not me – hey get off me – get ow!”

“Come along please Mr Angelson, you’ve been asked to leave, don’t make a fuss!”

ooOOoo


“There’s nothing else we can do BUT sack him!” Warren said

“I agree………poor Buffy – well AND Spike – but now we know why their chemistry on screen is so good!”

“Yup, they got a thang goin’ on!” Warren said grinning.

“Listen, I’ve got an idea” Cassie said

“About?”

“How we can write Angel out quickly without him having to be on screen again”

“Do tell!” Tara said and Warren looked interested too.

“Hmm, that just might work!” Tara said

“We can have Buffy say she’s going to have to find another supplier of ham, sausages and bacon,

and that Abe told her he has a bit of a problem, but he doesn’t tell her what, then we get Officer Jones asking Buffy why the vet is at Hogg’s farm for the fourth time in a fortnight and she doesn’t know, so she phones the vet and he tells her that there is a movement restriction order on the farm because of Swine Fever, she goes to see him – “

“Ah but Buffy won’t work with-“ Warren began

“Listen, let me finish, Buffy goes to see him, and he’s committed suicide in the sties – we just need see the legs or something lying on the ground, a shotgun by his side – he couldn’t take loosing the pigs and his livelihood he spent all his life working with – that plus he knew he’d lost her to somebody else”

“Well – it’s a possibility I suppose” Tara said

“I agree, but not the last bit, no him knowing he’d lost Buffy to Spike – that will alienate a few viewers and cause hate-mail for Spike, and we certainly don’t want that” Warren said

“That’s true – but I like the committing suicide story – we could definitely run with that”