Chapter 19 Lawyers and Lasagne!


“Oh hi dad…fine thanks………hospital? – Well they seemed happy with me, no headaches or fits…no I haven’t had to take any tablets, no………Buffy, oh she’s fine, doing a wonderful job of looking after me………Mrs Calendar sent me some photo albums to help jog my memory…sorry what? – Yeah, yeah they did, I remembered Scamp and Rascal…and my rebellious schooldays………hahahaha yes dad! So you okay, how’s the play going? – No sorry I haven’t read the reviews…okay I promise I will………yes, okay then dad, thanks for calling, bye, yeah I will, oh, and break a leg – bye bye!”

Buffy came in the lounge carry two mugs of coffee.

“That was dad, he’s about to go onstage, well half an hour or so – he just wondered how I was, how I got on at the hospital and that, you know”

Buffy grinned and put the coffees on the coffee table and said,

“I heard you mention the photo albums”

“Yeah, I told him I remembered Rascal and Scamp and my rebellious schooldays. Have we got a daily paper?”

“Not today…got yesterdays if that’s any good, why?”

“Dad wondered if I’d read the theatre reviews”

“Oh…I doubt if we could read about Broadway reviews in our paper”

“I’ll pick up a NY Times in the shop in town”

“Aren’t you coming to work today?”

“Actually, would you mind if I didn’t, there’s a few things I’d like to get on with, letter writing, and there’s some research I want to do on the internet, and I want to nip into town”

“Sure, I won’t be long today, so what are you going to make?”


“How does melon with Parma ham to start, then lasagne with salad and garlic bread, and then a tiramisu for afterwards?”

“You can make all that – oh wow!”

ooOOoo

“God this is to DIE for!” Buffy said savouring another mouthful of the delicious lasagne, then she added,

“I hope there’s leftovers for tomorrow!” Spike nodded and said yes, there were leftovers.

“Did you find out what you wanted on the Internet?”

“Yeah” As he didn’t elucidate, Buffy didn’t push and ask what.

“Missed you today, everybody was asking for you!”

“That’s nice…I um...I had a weird flashback today”

“Oh…what was that?”

“I was reading the paper, and I noticed this piece about ‘soap star’ to write tell all book, and then there was a photograph of this bloke, all teeth and forehead”

“Angel!”

“Yeah, but when I looked at his picture, I see in my minds eye broken glass, loads of it, covering me, like pellets, you know how safety glass breaks”

Buffy smiled and wiped her mouth

“Your very first day on the show, you were supposed to roar up on your motorcycle and park up, all the viewer was supposed to see was your booted feet walking into the diner, then a view of you from the back, clad all in black leather, then you taking your helmet off to reveal who you were. But some idiot put loose gravel down outside the diner frontage, you roared up, but the bike slipped from beneath you, somehow it hit the kerb and flipped and broke the end diner window we thought you were dead, we came running out – Angel just stood inside going mad, like the jerk he is. You were covered in broken glass pellets”

Spike smiled

“So, first day huh…talk about making an entrance!”

“That’s what I thought – but not for that reason!” Buffy said grinning, then added,

“So what shall we do after dinner…movie? – Talk?” Spike gave her a lopsided cheeky grin and said,

“Give you three guesses!” Then he said seriously,

“Unless I’m being too much for you?” It was Buffy’s turn to grin

“Not at all, early night it is then!”

ooOOoo

“Oh god………oh yes, don’t stop!” Buffy could feel her orgasm coming on her fast, her hips bucking up to meet Spike’s, he ground his hips hard against hers, making Buffy squeal with delight, she cried out a final time as she felt him swell and her inner muscles worked their magic and Spike cried out his own climax.

Relaxing Spike cuddled up to Buffy, who lay with her head on his shoulder.

“Never get tired of that!” Buffy said

“Nor me…sleep now?” and Buffy nodded.

ooOOoo

Lawyer Miles Wolf’s Office


“Make it five with a chance for parole after three, and we’ve got a deal” Angel’s lawyer, Miles Wolf said

“Eight years, with a chance of parole after five, and that’s my final offer” Spike’s lawyer, Anthony Farquhar - Rimmington said

Angel’s lawyer whispered something to Angel, who whispered back

“Can I please have five minutes alone with my client?”

Spike’s lawyer nodded and left to stand outside. After about three minutes, Angel’s lawyer opened the door and said,

“Make it six years, with a chance of parole after three, and drop the stalking charges against my client as regards Miss Summers, else we’ll take it to trial and take our chance with a jury”

“I’ll have to ring my client” Spike’s lawyer said and flipped open his mobile, and called the Summers’ residence………………

“………………..What?!! You mean he could be out in three years, no way!” Buffy said vehemently.

“But the thing is Miss Summers, we haven’t actually got Mr Angelson on CCTV camera doing the deed, the angle is too-“

“I know, I know, the angle is too sharp to show it. But three years, hardly seems punishment at all, he tried to kill someone!” Buffy reasoned, frowning

“Well there it is Miss Summers, I don’t make the laws, I just see that they are carrying them out, and as we have no hard and fast evidence other than the CCTV images…”

“He admitted it! Once he knew he was on that CCTV film, he held up his hands, AND from what’s been in the newspaper, he’s going to write a tell-all book. Well I’ll just put the block on it if he tries! So what’s the maximum he could get?”

“With no actual image of the deed being done, 15 years…I went for eight with parole after five, And I’d drop the stalking charge by you – I think that’s about the best we can hope for”

“But I don’t want the stalking charge dropped, and if he so much as puts my name in print, I’ll sue!” Buffy said angrily

“Okay then Miss Summers, but I think I might have to do this as two separate cases”

Buffy sighed and leant on one hip – it was all very well she wanting vengeance on him, but could she afford it?

“Look just get the longest time in jail for him please…but I mean it about the book tell him”

“I will Miss Summers, bye”

“Two bit, low down, evil, disgusting, snivelling little toad!” Buffy fumed as she walked back into the lounge

Spike looked up and said,

“Now what did I do to deserve that?” – He was smiling while he said it.

Buffy explained.

“Silly girl, you get back onto Mr double-barrel named lawyer and tell him to charge any fees to me, everything”

“But-“

“No buts, I don’t mind in the slightest pet, if it puts your mind at rest”

So Buffy phoned the lawyer and told him, even if he had to deal with things separately, he was to charge all fees to Spike.

“Thank you Miss Buffy, you’ve just made my job a whole lot easier!”

ooOOoo

“And cut! Next up, we need Charity…Officer Jones and Handy Andy, the rest of you can go I think, hold on, let me check………diner scene…Officer Riley…blah de blah…chatting to Charity…Andy fixing one of the bench seats, joining in conversation…oh sorry, Xandy we need you too – and that’s it, the rest of you can go” Warren said Buffy and Willow left for the rehearsal room.

“So go on, you were telling me, what did you say?” Willow asked.

“Well I said, No way am I dropping the stalking charges - he could be out in three years!. Anyway Spike said he pay the lawyers fees, so Angel’s going to be charged with attempted homicide, and stalking, and I also said if he so much as puts my name in print, I’ll sue him!”

“Good for you!”

“I hope Spike has good news when I get home – oh and he cooked the most fantastic dinner last night………

ooOOoo

Later that evening Buffy talking to Willow on the phone…

“………….I know, but unfortunately they just can’t make it stick – I should have called the police the minute he was in my room – I know you all said I should…and although I called the police when he first came here, he didn’t stick around so I can’t prove he was here…but they’ve plea bargained and he’s going down for 6 with chance of parole after 4 years, that’s a year longer than we originally thought”

“What has Spike have to say about it?”

“He’s upset for me – but I don’t care anymore, Angel’s going to be locked up for 4 years at least!”

Willow yawned and said,

“Okay then, I’m going to bed now –see you tomorrow, night”

“Night Will!” Buffy ended the call; Spike put his head around the door and said,

“You coming to bed pet?”

“Yup, I was just telling Willow about the idiot!”

“Forget him!” Buffy smiled up at him and asked,

“Who?” Spike winked at her and said,

“That’s my girl!”

ooOOoo

“We’re gonna need extra help” Red said to Buffy

“I know, but I don’t hold out much hope!” Buffy said

Spike walked into the diner.

“Morning ladies! Can I have 8oz ham steak, two eggs, sunny side up, and a stack of blueberry pancakes please?”

“Would you like butter and syrup with your pancakes, and anything to drink with that sir?” Red asked smiling.

“Please, and a hot tea with milk”

“Coming right up!”

Buffy sat at the table next to Spike, with s sheet of paper in front of her, she was holding a pencil

“How shall I word this thing Red?”

“Just say ‘Help Wanted’ must be able to cook!”

“Hmm…do you think I should put on how many hours and the wages and that?”

“Excuse me…are you looking for somebody to work here?” Spike asked, folding his newspaper. Buffy looked up and smiled.

“Why yes I am, the Annual Blue Ridge Goose Fair is coming to town next week, and we sure do get busy – we open from 5am and don’t close till 10pm!”

“Well, I can cook, I’ve worked restaurants all over Europe – and I’m looking for a job for a few months” Spike said. Buffy’s brows rose and she smiled.

“Well the Goose Fair lasts a week, but we’ll be loosing Susie back to college, that means she can only work after 5.30pm and at weekends…what hours can you do?”

“Well, I’m up with the birds so I can do the 5am start” Spike said smiling. Buffy grinned and said,

“Really – oh that would be wonderful – you’re hired!”

“And cut! Brilliant, that’s a wrap everybody…next scene, Buffy and Spike in the diner, Buffy teaching Spike the ropes. Five minutes to places everybody” Warren said.

ooOOoo


“I’m tired!” Spike yawned and stretched in the rehearsal room.

“Well that’s your first full day back, sure you’re not exhausted?” Buffy asked worriedly.

“No, I just woke early and couldn’t get back to sleep – I keep remembering things now at a rate of knots and my heads buzzing!”

“Shall we order take-away tonight, I don’t want you cooking if you’re tired” Buffy said.

“I don’t want much, I think we may have leftovers or an omelette will do for me”

“Me too, I can’t keep on eating all this rich lovely food, I’ll get huge!”

“Come on then Sweetie, let’s get – oh excuse me, I’ll just see who this is………hello? – Oh hello Ethan, I was wondering when I’d hear from you………what – have you oh, sorry, I’ve been working all day filming………yes I’m at work, where did you think I was? – No I’ve not been lying in bed at all, did you get those keys to that flat – I gave them to your secretary………good. So is there something specific you want or………go on……………(Spike walked outside following Buffy to her car) …………you have got to be kidding me…………well it’s hardly MY fault is it, PLUS I was nearly killed myself the other week, did you tell them that?.............Is that right, well you tell them I’ll counter-sue them for letting that games company use three of my songs without my permission…………Oh yes I can, I had my father’s lawyer read the small print - *I* still own the copyright…yes that’s right, so tell them to stick that where the sun don’t shine – bye Ethan!”

Spike was standing by the passenger door waiting for Buffy to unlock.

“What’s up?”

“Stupid record company! They said they paid us £12 million for a three album deal, they’ve had two off us and now want the third, I mean, do they even KNOW Rix’s dead and Stu had a heart attack? – let alone me nearly being brained, and they STILL want the bloody third album – they’ll have to do a ‘Best Of, there’s enough material for one”

Buffy got into the car and let Spike in and said,

“Forget it for now; let the lawyers take the strain”

Spike nodded and they drove home.

ooOOoo