Author's Chapter Notes:
hope you enjoy!!
Chapter 23…… I Just Want You For Your Pink Cadillac!!


“Ow…Ow, my ears are popping!” Buffy said as they came into land at McCarran airport.

“Here, suck this, it’ll help if you swallow!” Spike said with a grin, handing her a sweet.

Buffy started to giggle and took the barley sugar twist off him, opened it and put it in her mouth.

“What’s the time?” Spike looked at his watch.

“Ten fifteen, we have the whole day ahead of us”

“I feel like I’ve been up hours and hours…” Buffy said.

“That’s because we have been! Went to bed at ten, still awake at midnight, up at three thirty…” Buffy nodded and said,

“I was too excited to sleep!”

There was a slight jolt, and they knew they’d landed. The plane taxied to a halt and the pilot thanked them for flying InterAm flights, told them the temperature outside was a sweltering 88F (31C) and sunny, he hoped that everybody would enjoy their stay in Las Vegas and would fly InterAm flights again.

“Hope this hotel has great AC!” Spike said. The light came up for them to undo their seatbelts and they stood waiting to get off.

The transfer to the hotel was a bit of a mix up, and in the end, they all went into the one car with Tara and Warren.

The hotel was alright, but Buffy was annoyed they’d been put on different floors. She asked for this to be changed, and asked for a room with connecting doors. She was told they didn’t have this facility, but they could have a room three doors apart………

“I’m sorry madam, we don’t have any more single rooms to-“

“Double then! Give me a double, and cancel the other single room too, Spike and I – I mean Mr Giles and I will have a double okay?”

“Buffy, there you are…what room are you in?” Spike asked wandering down to the reception area, he’d got lost.

“Don’t know yet…hope you haven’t unpacked” Buffy said,

“No, why?”

“Coz I’m getting us a double room, I’m not going to be either one floor down or three doors away from you!” Spike cocked an eyebrow and grinned his lopsided grin that made her tummy flip and her heart melt…

“Room 406, madam, would you please sign here……………………………Thank you” The receptionist twisted the sign-in book for her to write in, Buffy squiggled her name and took the keycard.

“I’ll send somebody up to move your cases”

“Don’t bother, we’re not helpless!” Buffy said as she got into the lift.

As the lift doors slid shut, the receptionist, one Lilah Morgan lifted the phone and rang her favourite Paparazzi and said,

“Listen, that sickly sweet Buffy from Wilson’s Mountain…Wilson’s Mountain… what do you mean ‘where’s that’? – It’s a soap opera in the afternoons on channel 9! – Oh yeah right he says now…anyway she just came down here into reception to cancel the rooms reserved for her and that William Giles…you know who he is! Give me strength – that’s right, one of the Vampyres, yes, well he and that Buffy must be an item, she’s just come down and got them a double room…

ooOOoo

Tara knocked on the door and Buffy opened it. She was wearing her towelling robe, with her hair in a turban, brushing her teeth.

“There you are – listen there’s been an almighty mix up again, we’ll have to share the same limo”

Buffy excused her self, rinsed and spat in the sink and then rinsed the sink. She came back out of the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

“Spike’s in the bath – so what time are we having to be ready for?”

“Five thirty”

“WHAT?!!”

“I Know, sorry, but the writer, directors and producers are all done first – it isn’t televised”

“Well why can’t they take you, then come back for us in a couple of hours?”

“Because they’re booked to take other people”

“Oh terrific!” Buffy stomped over to the bed and plonked herself down.

Spike came out of the bathroom, just holding a towel around his waist

“Babes can you – OH GOD – sorry!” he quickly dived back into the bathroom again when he saw Tara.

Buffy called out and told him what the problem was.

“Don’t worry Tara, you and Warren carry on ahead.” Spike called through the door.

“Are you sure?” Tara asked looking at the door then at Buffy. Buffy just shrugged and said,

“Sure I’m sure, I’ll sort something…even if we have to walk!” Spike called out from behind the bathroom door.

“I trust him – you go on” Buffy said.

“Right, alright then, well sorry to interrupt you” Tara said, and she left.

Spike heard the door shut and opened the door a little and called out

“Has she gone?”

“Yup, you and your lily-white ass can come out now!” Buffy said cheekily as she unfurled the turban from her hair and began to rub it.

“Right…where’s my phone………oh what was the guys name now………let me see…he’s got to be in here somewhere……” Spike began to flip down the address book in his phone.

“Got it! 017555……….697 it’s ringing!...Hello – is Chopper there……Oh hi, it’s Spike here………yeah man, I’m fine, listen mate – I was wondering if you could do me a favour………no it’s not money no, we’re at an award show here tonight – Buffy, Buffy Summers, she’s up for Best Soap Actress……never you mind what *I’m* up to with her! Yes I know she’s one very beautiful chick, mate……yeah and I know she’s totally outta my league, but I must be doing something right, but listen can I borrow your car….whaddya mean, which one, how many have you got?......Hahahahahahaha…okay then the pink open topped Cadillac…yeah? – You will? – that would be fantastic – yeah…okay then hold on, Spike looked over to a bemused Buffy and said,

“Seven o’clock alright?” Buffy still smiling nodded.

“Great, see you outside the Sheridan at Seven then mate – bye!”

“Who was that then?” Buffy asked Spike ended the call and threw himself across the bed

“That, oh scrumptious one, was Chopper Harris, from the Water Cannons, and not only is he going to lend us his pink Caddy, he’s going to chauffer it for us too!”

Buffy covered her mouth and screamed excitedly and kicked her feet

“You better watch him love, he’s got an eye for a pretty girl and he thinks you’re W-A-Y too good for me!”

“Rubbish!” She smiled and shook her head.

Buffy smiled and ran her fingers through Spike’s hair. Spike closed his eyes, he loved how her nails lightly raked his scalp. She leant down and kissed his cheek. Spike quickly moved his head and pulled her over him, rolling them at the same time and Buffy found herself lying underneath him

“How did you…Spike, I’ve got to get ready!”

“Spoilsport!” he grinned at her, gave her one soft kiss, and let her up.

ooOOoo

Buffy finished putting on her make-up, all except her lipstick and she put up her hair. She’d done her eyes up with three shades of smoky grey shadow and used a sparkly silver eyeliner that Andy had given her. To finish off she'd put false lashes on the outer corners and they made her eyes look large and dewy.

She slipped on her dress, the shrug and her shoes, then applied her lipstick and gloss.. Spike was in the bathroom doing his hair, his disembodied voice cut into the room where Buffy was getting ready…he walked into the room and upon seeing her was rendered speechless,

“I’m going to have to get it cut, get rid of the bleached ends, it’s beginning to…………… WOW! Look at you!” he came out of the bathroom, turned the light off, wolf-whistled Buffy and said,

“So I look alright?”

“Alright? – Alright? – Babe you look stupendous!” Buffy grinned she felt wonderful.

“You don’t look to bad yourself, that tux could have been made for you!”

They went down in the elevator and there was Spike’s friend, ‘Chopper’ chatting up the receptionist. He was wearing his long black hair in a ponytail, he had black eye makeup on and a yellow jacket with tatty jeans and sneakers, He saw Spike stood up straight from leaning on the desk and quickly grabbed a chauffeur’s hat off the reception desk and saluted Spike.

“Look at you all done up like a dogs dinner!” Chopper said grinning Spike pulled him into a back-slapping hug and said

“Fuck off!” Quietly in his ear, they both stepped back and grinned. Then Chopper turned his attentions to Buffy

“Princess!” He held out his hand, Buffy went to shake it and he kissed the back of her hand and then carried on up her arm. Buffy giggled and withdrew

“Oi, get off!” Spike said laughing

“What DO you see in this reprobate love – lets ditch him and go paint the town red! – Whaddya say huh?” Chopper said with a grin to Buffy.

“Oh, I couldn’t do that…I’ve got to look after him” Buffy said fondly

“He’s putting it on, what ever he says is wrong with him, I’ve got it twice as bad, come and look after me!” Chopper said grinning

“Will you kindly leave my girlfriend alone and get us to the bloody studios!” Spike said still laughing

Chopper heaved a sigh, called out ‘Goodnight sweet Rachel the receptionist’ and the three of them left.