Author's Chapter Notes:
To all the lovely people who keep reviewing - thankyou!!
Chapter 30 All Fun and Games

“Hello? ………….Oh, Hi Mrs Harris, what can I do for you?...............yes we have been invited and yes we are going……………sure, no problem…………not at all, he’s never any bother…………okay then – see you at 6.30pm, bye”

Spike opened a sleepy eye and said,

“Don’t tell me, she wants us to see Xandy’s alright at the barbecue”

“Got it in one, I said we didn’t mind at all”

“Course we don’t mind! But I think she babies him a little too much” Spike said yawning and sitting up. They’d both taken a nap after doing a big food shop, and the housework, and having a light lunch.

“Well…I think she’s just worried about him. She said she’ll bring him here for 6.30pm. Do you know how to get to where she lives?”

“Yeah, I think so – head out on the I 78, take the turn off for Jacksonville county, carry on until you go through Jefferson Heights, and Mulholland is about two minutes from there – I can used the SatNav anyway”

“Okay, if you drive there, I’ll drive back, you can have a drink if you want one” Buffy said.

“Nah, not bothered – I don’t mind driving pet if you wanted a glass or two of the old vino”

“Oh – you have me spoiled!” Buffy turned and put her arms around him.

“And there’s nobody else I’d rather spoil!” Spike started to kiss her with mounting passion, until Buffy squeezed his shoulder and said

“Hey Romeo – down boy, I need a shower before we go”

“No you don’t! You’re going to a barbecue, they’ll be smoke and food smells and we’ll be outside…he started to kiss her again and Buffy allowed it, pulled back and said with a grin,

“Okay, you’ve convinced me!”

They made love slowly, there was no rush, the day was hot, Buffy had opened the windows and a gentle breeze wafted over them as they lay sated.

“We DO need a shower now – both of us!” Buffy said

“Okay then…you wash my back and-“

“Listen Mr – I’m in that shower and out again, if I go in there with you (she gently poked him in the tummy) they’ll be no telling what you’ll get up to and have me doing! Then we’ll be late!”

“Me- Oh now I’m hurt- look mortally wounded by your cruel words!” Buffy started giggling and tickling Spike, who retaliated in kind.

“Okay…o..kay stop- STOP!! – I can’t breathe…!” Buffy knelt back and panted. Spike grinned and said quietly

“You’ve got me all intrigued now!” Spike lay on his side, his head propped up on his hand, his elbow on the pillow.

“’Bout what?” Buffy asked

“What I could coerce you into doing in the shower!” he grinned as he said it, then gave her his best wolfish smile, the one that made her tummy flip.

“Well I’m locking the bathroom door Mr, so you can’t try any funny business!”

“You love my ‘funny business’!” Spike reached out and drew a finger lightly over her collarbone. This made Buffy shiver with delight and her nipples immediately hardened.

“See what I mean!” Spike said.

“You are incorrigible – now, I’ll be ten minutes, see that you don’t get into any mischief while I’m in the shower, matey-boy – or else!” Buffy said, mock stern.

“Ooh – or else what – this sounds good…come on, or else what, don’t be shy now!”

Buffy HAD coloured up but she grinned and said

“Else …no nookie for a month!” she stood up trying to disentangle her bra from her top. Spike snorted a giggle and blustered with indignance,

“You couldn’t last a month – you’d be coming to me after 3 days, and begging me!”

Buffy smiled and holding up her top to cover her face she said,

“Oh would I – well that remains to be seen – ah got it, that’s where your caught!”

“What’s caught?”

“My bra hook caught in the lace of my top” She un-hooked it and threw them both at the linen basket in the corner of the room, missing and they both fell short on the floor.

“I promise to be good!” Spike said suddenly rolling onto his back. He held his hands up and said,

“See – I knew you’d see my point of view!”

“I think this ‘dominant’ Buffy needs research!” Spike said sitting up on the edge of the bed.

Buffy’s eyebrows rose, she pictured herself in thigh-high, spike-heeled boots, suspenders and a tight corset, strutting around the room cracking a whip…

“Might be interesting! – Now, see you in few mins!”

“Buffy”

“Hmm?” She stood at the door expectantly

“Love you” She smiled and said

“Love you too”


______________________



“Oh look, it’s that big pink coloured house at the top of the hill, must be!” Buffy pointed out as Spike turned into May View as the SatNav told him to.

“Yes, look, there’s Warren’s Taurus” Xandy said. Xandy looked smart, he was wearing black trousers and blue sweat shirt, and of course his ‘I LOVE NY’ baseball cap Spike had bought for him on their trip. He never went anywhere without it! Spike and Buffy both opted to wear new Jeans and tees. Buffy’s was lemon, Spike’s was black.

They parked and got out. Xandy asked if he could ring the bell, until Spike said

“Look at the side here Xandy, there’s a notice saying - well you tell me, what does it say?”

“It says, This Way’, with an arrow pointing like that” Xandy demonstrated which way the arrow pointed. They could smell the smoke from the BBQ already.

“Come along then, you go first if you want” Spike put his hand on Xandy’s shoulder and he led them through to the garden.

And what a beautiful garden it was too! On the lawn there was a portable, open sided gazebo, with tables holding plates, glasses, cutlery napkins and what have you on the one side, and on the other covered bowls of salad, rolls, relishes and sauces. The barbecue itself was big, about six foot long, brick built, and was been sorted by two men wearing aprons.

“Hello?” Buffy called out, and a woman in a maids outfit came out and said

“Would you please come this way?”

She led them to the conservatory, Buffy could hear Warren talking. Then Joany came towards them smiling and said,

“My darlings, you made it how wonderful!” She hugged them in turn.

“Now let’s get you a drink, what would you like?”

“Just a soft drink for me” Spike said

“And for me and Xandy” Buffy said

“Well you go and tell Charles my butler what you’d like and he’ll get it for you” Spike was looking out over the garden. Buffy bought him back a tropical juice and lemonade with ice, they all had the same.

“Wow – what a view!” Buffy said joining Spike at the window.

“Xandy, these are my two grandsons, Marty and Darren – would you like to go to the den with them and play on the Play Station until the foods ready – is that alright Buffy?” Joany asked

“That’s fine, he’ll love that won’t you Xandy!”

“Yes please – thank you Joany” Xandy said remembering his manners.

“Bless you! – Go on then, food will be about half an hour” Marty and Darren led the way into the house.

“They do know he’s handicapped” Buffy said

“Yes, I told them, don’t worry, they have a sister who has autism, so they’re used to what we call ‘special children’

“You have a fantastic garden – and house Joany” Spike said

“I know, I’m SO lucky, Dean and I bought this place after I made the movie Camelot, Dean had just finished writing the score of the first ‘Inter-Galactic War’ film series, anyway, the producer Wayne Willard was selling and we bought it – it needed a lot doing to it, but over the years we’ve got it just how we wanted it – you must come here again for dinner and I’ll give you the tour”

“Oh we’d love that!” Spike said

“Oh, and I’ve just learned that your father is, Sir Rupert Giles – I said to Dean some real names of the cast I was now working with, and he told me who you were, a musician in a rock band, and then he said, you know who is father is don’t you? – Of course I showed my ignorance – well when he said Sir Rupert…I just LOVED him in Henry V, he’s the only one who can play him for me – I’ve seen loads of other actors, but I always hold your father as a yard-stick and the others, well they don’t come close!” The waitress came up to Joany and said something quietly.

“You’ll have to excuse me, more guests, help yourself to nibbles, hope to catch up with you later”

Buffy started to go to the nibbles table when a VERY good-looking guy walked in with a lady that looked like a super-model, and two blonde-haired children.

“Hello, good evening…” The guy said friendly enough to them.

“Hello!” Buffy said

“It’s BUFFY!” The little girl said

The super-model mom grinned and said

“Sorry – since her ‘auntie Joany’ has been on the show she loves it, and loves you too, she sings that signature tune all day!”

“Mommy, mommy, will you ask the lady if I can have her autograph?”

Buffy coloured up and squatted down

“Aren’t you a beautiful little girl! I’d be happy to give you my autograph” The girl took a proper autograph book out of her purse and the pen was down the spine Buffy took it and asked,

“What’s your name?”

“Lilly-Rose”

“Such a pretty name for a pretty little girl” Buffy wrote To Lilly Rose Love from Buffy, kiss, kiss, kiss. She drew a smiley face at the end and a heart over the ‘I’ in Lilly.


“Thanks ever so much – she always wants to bring her book when she comes here” her mother said, and then added,

“Where are my manners, I’m Lauren, and this is James, my boy is James Jr”

“Lovely to meet you”

Spike came over and Buffy introduced them. Joany came back and squealed with delight when she saw the children

“Auntie Joany, can we go in the den and play?”

“Course you can my darlings – the food won’t be long”

Joany also kissed Lauren and James.

“You’ve met Buffy and Spike, some of my new colleagues?”

“Oh yes, we’d just got in and Lilly wanted autographs!” Lauren said

“Bless her! Well get yourselves drinks, food will be about fifteen minutes”

“Hi Spike, Buffy”

“Hello Tara” right behind her was Willow and Ford

Willow, Ford you made it then!”

“Just about, I came off the interstate a turning too early, we drove round Peterloo for ten minutes! Until I got my bearings back – great house, isn’t it”

“Buffy have you seen whose over there – it’s James Mackilvenny!”

“I know…I just gave his daughter my autograph! – I was chatting with Lauren his wife”

“Oh you never were – I’m SO jealous!”

“What do you want to drink Will?”

“Um – what have they got?”

“A fully stocked bar, you can have anything you like”

“I’ll have a vodka tonic with ice and lemon please”

“They’ve got the most beautiful little girl, her name’s Lilly Rose”…………………


_____


“Hmm, this chicken is SO tasty!” Buffy said licking her lips

“The hamburgers aren’t half good too, got like a spicy taste to them, yummy!” Spike said taking another bite.

The smell of food was everywhere and it was great to watch everybody enjoying themselves.

Joany was a great hostess, and the staff were impeccable – they seemed to know what you wanted before you do did, but without being obtrusive or hovering around you.

“Are you enjoying it Xandy?”

“Oh yeah! I beat Marty’s high score on MunchManMania, so I gave him my phone number to ring me when he’s beaten it!”

Buffy smiled and then she said,

“Have you got enough to eat?”

“I’d like some more sausages”

“Well go and ask for some, remember-“

“I will” Xander was already off – Buffy was going to say remember your manners, but there had been no need.

After they’d eaten it began to get dark, suddenly the garden lit up and a water feature nobody had really noticed before came alive and fountain started up, it was lit underneath by different coloured lights and it looked magical, everybody who hadn’t seen it before thought it was beautiful.

They chatted and drank and laughed but Buffy could see Xandy beginning to wilt, it was 10.50pm

“Come on, I think we better get Xandy home, I did say we’d be back before midnight” Spike finished his drink and went to find Joany. They said their thank yous and goodbyes, Joany quite understood them having to go, and she said she’d see them at work the following day.

By the time they pulled up on the Harris’ drive, Xandy was asleep.

Mrs Harris heard the car and came out to them and thanked them for looking after him.

“Xandy…we’re home love” Buffy said

Sleepily he sat up and undid his seatbelt, got out of the car and said goodnight and went into the house.

Mrs Harris thanked them again and Spike reversed off the drive

“I really enjoyed tonight – Joany’s got a fabulous house” Buffy said

“You can say that again!” Spike said


Chapter End Notes:
Let n me know what you think - PLEASE!!